As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mary Blair [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    What is a tally mark

A tattoo given to banana counters who survive their first ten years in the fighting pits.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Open loot box its a Zarya skin, one its the super common basic recolors

fuk you Blizzard

Surely if you buy enough baseball card packs you'll get the one you want

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    The 90s and early 2000s were a terrible time. I think we can all agree that the world only started becoming ok some time around 2008.

o... bama...?

2008 was a real nice turning point for a lot of stuff. Sure the economy was a flaming wreck, but gay rights issues started rapidly changing, we got a black president, legit smartphones hit the market, video games shifted towards more indie stuff and big titles started innovating more, golden age of television started up, Pixar started their secret takeover of Disney, computers generally got gud. A beautiful cocktail of social change and maturing technology.

A+ would live through again

2008 also brought us "I'm a dude playin' a dude disguised as another dude!"

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Open loot box its a Zarya skin, one its the super common basic recolors

fuk you Blizzard

My big problem is that I have the best tracer skin and the best zarya skin

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    I've wanted to take up knitting for the meditative aspect for a long time. Just never have.

I tried coloring for a while and liked it

I have never learned how to knit, but cross stitch is pretty much the best. It's also more similar to coloring in that you are filling up a flat area with color as opposed to creating a 3d object from scratch. But it's less portable than knitting/not socially acceptable to do in public or semi-public areas the way knitting is.

You know I think I might enjoy this, especially the idea of pixelating something I like and then creating something physical from that.

I'm going to look into it, thanks

@Six I am using pikopixel (free mac software) and tracing anime-style art. If you want to pixelate something non-cartoony it'll be more difficult but definitely still feasible, just requires more of an editorial eye. But not really much in the way of art skills, just sort of deciding what colors each pixel is and how many colors it is reasonable to use, and then being creative with things like eyes where you have to simplify while still retaining the original read more or less.
    It's something that it seems like you should be able to use a computer to do, but it's not trivial, and some things like faces are going to require a human eye because just going with the closest color from your preset palette may not result in the best human-interpretable expression. Certainly just mindlessly downsampling is terrible.

Yeah that it's not trivial makes it interesting to me. I did a lot of freehand pixel art years ago and this this is something I might enjoy, especially if there's a little creativity and engineering in the production

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    does the EULA reserve blizz's right to revoke your access to the game if you cheat?

yes

So I'm not sure why they are surprised.
    Blizzard did what they literally do in every game of theirs I have ever played since Diablo 2.

They wait a while until they have enough data to find out which hacks cause what effects, then they create a list over the period of a month. Then ban the list. Then they do that shit again with new hacks.

They weren't very good at it until WOW, then they got really good at it.

I'm honestly surprised people are surprised.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    i do not actually know when the next time i desire to use this mdma is

hmm

The very next time you can arrange a free night with some good friends, soft blankets, lavender massage oil, a notebook in which to write positive affirmations for yourself, and a mixtape that includes Sasha & Digweed Northern Exposure 2 (East Coast Edition)?

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    There's a restaurant at the Cosmopolitan called Eggslut which I guess is just slut shaming brunch.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 3.5

@bloodyroarxx will create the new thread
    @Aioua is backup

This discussion has been closed.