Options

Which Ernest Do You Prefer [chat]?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I am intrigued by Legacy games but our boardgame group has variable attendance and is far-flung. Every session lately is a joyous shotgun blast of like five different games and pizza and beer and also snacks and of course tea because we are not savages.

the greatest savagery of all is putting milk in tea

You people deserve Trump.

I kid cuz I love

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    to be clear from last page, I absolutely 100% trust me boss when she said "you're full time starting next monday!"

I do *not* trust the school, administration could still say LOL NO WE CHANGED OUR MIND YOUR BUDGET IS HALF NOW REKT

override367 on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I am intrigued by Legacy games but our boardgame group has variable attendance and is far-flung. Every session lately is a joyous shotgun blast of like five different games and pizza and beer and also snacks and of course tea because we are not savages.

It's worth the effort. You can play alone but you should have two players at least (controlling four characters. Two characters is too easy.)

The game is conceivably single player but the cognitive load of new mechanics stacking up can get pretty heavy. Also, as we all know, the real value of multiple Pandemic players is to have all brains on deck looking for that hail Mary play to cure all the diseases before you run out of cards in two turns.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I wish I liked tea more

So I could be classy

Instead I drink weird Korean "teas" that don't contain tea because that's a meaningless word

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway

the greatest savagery of all is putting milk in tea

You people deserve Trump.

avfacing, also, "i'm a good person, better than you"

sig.gif
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    a5ehren wrote: »
    i hope hilldawg was serious about her campaign promise to do a moratorium on student loan payments by executive order

I can't imagine that's legal, but it would be fun if she tried.
    She could do that with federal student loans, not with private.

Federal student loans are in essence owned by the government and "serviced" by chucklehead providers. Since they are controlled by an agency that is part of the executive branch, and the president is in charge of the executive branch, she could.

My fiance would be super pissed because she is 10 months away from having her private student loans payed off.

I would be excited because I've been paying the bare min on an IBR.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »
    I stayed up too late playing Hearthstone last night because I have approximately zero self-control or foresight and now I am very tired and don't want to work.

The new hearthstone PvE is really cute though!

I have a bit of a headache and need to go in but don't wanna

Querry also slept like shit so I am looking forward to us both being really irritable with low self control but trying not to be bitchy with each other

Exciting times, the future

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    I can't tell if Sallie mae's collection people are evil or stupid

I suspect it's a weaponized combination of both of those things

they outsourced their collections to asia

One time when I was refinancing and collapsing the federal debts to nelnet (A WAY BETTER COMPANY BTW), the indian dude, after the nelnet guy was finished with them, felt the need to go "And yes since we're complete Mister Bowen hasn't paid his federal student loan debts for 16 months"

The nelnet guy laughed because he's never heard something like that before. He said "what, did he expect me to charge you late fees on their behalf or something?" (It was also a lie, I just hadn't paid my private debts, the federal ones were 100% caught up)

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    to be clear from last page, I absolutely 100% trust me boss when she said "you're full time starting next monday!"

I do *not* trust the school, administration could still say LOL NO WE CHANGED OUR MIND YOUR BUDGET IS HALF NOW REKT

fiscal year for a school probably starts in July so the budget wouldn't be cut at this point until next year

i mean excepting of course in the case where it's determining whether or not you specifically would get good news

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    I intensely play Hearthstone for like a month every year and it's always super chill and nice and I buy card packs without regret.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Good morning.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I would love for Hillary to reform private student loans

by and large they shouldn't be necessary anymore, the government itself should have extra loans available for certain conditions (eg: second degree, financial hardship during school)

Private loans would continue to exist but they deserve zero legal protections from the state in addition to what any other consumer debt has

• Options
    Ernest Hemingway
    Fucking tab enter to post when the draft is saving is my nemesis.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    i hope hilldawg was serious about her campaign promise to do a moratorium on student loan payments by executive order

Well it would be illegal if you didn't owe the money. You still accrue interest, but the executive pretty much has carte blanche for enforcement of collection for things like student loans.

like how GWB basically stopped investigating tax fraud for rich people entirely

Yeah, isn't the Dept of Education an executive agency?

I looked it up, it is

So unless there is a law mandating that the Department of Education collect on a particular schedule or in a particular way there might be some serious leeway in how the DoED does it.

Of course, congress could pass a law mandating something, and that would be that I think

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell

I have been on the losing end of this situation. It is not a nice feeling. Maybe one that makes you spiral into a month long crippling depression. Maybe.

You are wise to remain cautiously optimistic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ogres like to bring some light snacks to the battlefield.

C3CkOjvl.jpg

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Hearthstone needsa ot start giving me some decent freakin legendaries I swear

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell

by and large they shouldn't be necessary anymore, the government itself should have extra loans available for certain conditions (eg: second degree, financial hardship during school)

Private loans would continue to exist but they deserve zero legal protections from the state in addition to what any other consumer debt has

It should either be "a federally ruled loan, but needs to adhere to all federal standards for interest rate and hardship deferments and max income locks, but is protected from bankruptcy" or "a consumer based loan that has no bankruptcy protection, but doesn't have any of the federal stipulations, but is also dischargable."

They can pick whichever they want their products to be part of. It can still be a "private" loan in both cases, but they have to decide which they want more.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    e7ripgwic36q.jpg

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Chanus wrote: »
    e7ripgwic36q.jpg

what happens if you stand to wipe though

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    bowen wrote: »
    e7ripgwic36q.jpg

everybody gets a show

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    "bowen try to get as much done as you can today so I can get a better feel of where we're at"

jesus fucking christ

Maybe? It is Friday. If I were at work today and had nothing due, I'd probably jerk off on the internet until 1, call "summer Friday!", throw some spreadsheets over my shoulder and go home.

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell

I think we make the loans an incentive program. If you don't finish your degree, you are stuck in crippling debt. Finish with a degree and you are free.

150571_orig.png

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    e7ripgwic36q.jpg

Be careful with that lean.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Wasn't that for "entrepreneurs"?

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    This is a post to get ride of an old saved draft.

...please clap.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Hey fam I'm naked in a hospital bed

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ernest Hemingway

you p much gotta craft the ones you want

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Hey fam I'm naked in a hospital bed

i've seen this video

• Options
    Ernest Hemingway
    That toilet has a nice view and all but it looks like the wall on the right would make for uncomfortable wiping position so I'll pass.

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Honk wrote: »
    That toilet has a nice view and all but it looks like the wall on the right would make for uncomfortable wiping position so I'll pass.
    It's an ADA requirement.

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Deebaser wrote: »

Wasn't that for "entrepreneurs"?

anyone can start a DBA and have their parents give them a few hundred dollars

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    e7ripgwic36q.jpg

that toilet seems to be a toilet that would be full of spiders

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Hello

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

I have received two legendaries ever. Malkorok (not useful to me) and Lord Jaraxxus (who seems super cool but I am missing basically all of the cards to make any netdeck he's in. I can't even make a reasonable basic zoolock, and I don't have enough sense of Warlock to build my own deck.)

It's possible that soon i'll put Hearthstone away for another year or two but I'm really enjoying it so far this go.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    e7ripgwic36q.jpg

that toilet seems to be a toilet that would be full of spiders

Butt Spiders

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Ernest Hemingway
    zepherin wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    It's an ADA requirement.

Okay well it's obviously a left handed toilet in that case. Or the railing and wall would have been on the other side.

Honk on
  • Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    you, too, could have a wolf spider jump to your ball sack!

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    I have a good amount of legendaries. And can build a lot of decks but still feel I am missing important ones like Rag.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KTaRyEWl.jpg

Yes buddy. Thanks for putting your dieseased hand into daddy's refreshing ice water.

This discussion has been closed.