As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is this [Love]?

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    One day you will find you Dr. Alec Holland, Liiya.

Swamp Thing???

He's a beefy walking plant! I thought you liked plants!

I do actually, and beefy men - you know me well!!

Downside: major swamp-ass

Thats a deal breaker.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Upside: bog butt? Wait no same thing.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    This is super weird talking to someone on a dating site.

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop here.

But she seems really cool. So regardless of anything else it's a good conversation.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    my problem is how all these profiles feel so samey. I wish pig girl and/or ufc girl responded, they seemed rad

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Why would someone be afraid that it seems inevitable that they will get together with someone else they like and who likes them loads

I'm asking for... a friend

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Why would someone be afraid that it seems inevitable that they will get together with someone else they like and who likes them loads

death is certain

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Change is scary because you don't know if it will end up better or worse than things are now. So no matter how good something new is, there's always a part of us that fears it, that tells us it's better to stay the way things are.

There may or may not also be previous personal experiences informing that worry.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Oh no turns out it's due to a lack of self esteem carry on guys

Jeez how many times do you have to say hey

hey

Have you considered that when I say I like you I do, honestly, genuinely like you

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I think I would have just started reading the doctor's note.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    That conversation went well.

I am getting sleepy though because I've barely slept this weekend so I told her it was fun talking to her and she should message me again sometime and she said she felt the same way and she would. She even took my number in case she wants to text sometime.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Valar morghulis

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Hello I am feeling v sad and grouchy today

poo
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    Hello I am feeling v sad and grouchy today

well we all love and care about you so there

take that grouchyness

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I am also not feeling great.

Work has been very stressful lately.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    This is super weird talking to someone on a dating site.

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop here.

But she seems really cool. So regardless of anything else it's a good conversation.

Those are great. I hope you work something out. The neat girl I had been talking to about Miyazaki films went dark, then breifly messaged like three days ago me saying things were busy, and disabled her account. I secretly hope she found a cool dude and was trying to let me down easy, she was super nice. I hope your new thing goes in a more permanent direction, though.

I seem to have made at least one good buddy out of this stuff so far, and people have heard that I'm single and are offering to introduce me to some nice ladies, so this whole thing ain't so bad right now.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I was the best man for my friend's wedding this past weekend. I was super nervous about giving the speach, so I practiced a few times with my girlfriend the night before.

The maid of honor did her speach first and she managed to say some of the same things I was going to touch on. So my nervousness started to take hold.

Went up to give my speach, took the folded piece of paper from my pocket, opened it up, and realized I had grabbed a doctor's note instead of my speach. My heart went into my throat.

Started the speach anyway with a couple of awkward pauses at first. Then got into the rhythm of things and managed to get most of my talking points in. Had people come up to me later to congratulate me on my speach.

Thank god for alcohol. I was sweating bullets at the end. Though that also could have been because it was 100 degrees out and this was an outdoor wedding.

Nicely done, man. :)

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I have, uh, maybe rekindled something.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    The fire rises

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The fire rises

Just make sure it doesn't cut a six inch valley through the middle of your soul.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The bouldering gym has set up a new role.

While the youth team are training there is a swear jar in effect.

Someone got up to four dollars in 25 minutes and did the classic, "oh fuck!" when it was pointed out that he swore.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Was it...

youuuuuuu?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    No.

I am an adult and can control my language.

• Options
    We are also still allowed to swear in any language other than english and french.

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    We are also still allowed to swear in any language other than english and french.

Better brush up on your Klingon.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I think I may need to see a therapist.

Lately I been very sad and...depressed seems like a strong word, but I'm not that far either.

And its all because of being single for years now. Never had a girlfriend, been on maybe 5 dates. And yeah, I have a pretty amazing life outside of that one factor, but I feel like I'll never be happy without it.

Worse I am at least self aware to know that in my current mindstate any relationship I did enter would be a disaster due to the pressure and expectations I have built up...so its almost like a self fulfilling cycle.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I think I may need to see a therapist.

Lately I been very sad and...depressed seems like a strong word, but I'm not that far either.

And its all because of being single for years now. Never had a girlfriend, been on maybe 5 dates. And yeah, I have a pretty amazing life outside of that one factor, but I feel like I'll never be happy without it.

Worse I am at least self aware to know that in my current mindstate any relationship I did enter would be a disaster due to the pressure and expectations I have built up...so its almost like a self fulfilling cycle.

There's also disthymia, lighter symptons but longer lasting than episodes of depression. So even if you don't think your feelings qualify as "classic" symptons of depression, talking to someone about it might help.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    erryone should go to therapists if they can afford it / insurance covers it imo

i started going weekly 2 years ago

wish i'd been going earlier

it is good

poo
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well it would be nice to talk to someone really anyone anymore

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    "Aug 15 4:27 pm

Um. Yes."

Um. No.

Watching the horse dancing this afternoon after a good lesson. Ooh and Yey a Brit is currently winning individual dressage by a damn decent way.

• Options
    Angelina wrote: »

Um. Yes."

Um. No.

Watching the horse dancing this afternoon after a good lesson. Ooh and Yey a Brit is currently winning individual dressage by a damn decent way.

I need to know more about this "horse dancing"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Just plain old dressage, the sport nobody likes to watch unless they ride.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

Um. Yes."

Um. No.

I need to know more about this "horse dancing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO3NpTcWZ3w

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcDLLxgWa_Y

I'm about 15 minutes behind the live dressage, but so far this lady is winning on my viewing. I spent my lesson today trying (and mainly failing) to do pirouettes in walk, these guys do it in canter. If somebody wants to take me to the next Olympics to watch the dressage I'd love them forever.

• Options
    This is way less exciting than what I was picturing.

I will readily admit, though, that what I'm picturing doesn't feel especially possible in the real world.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

I will readily admit, though, that what I'm picturing doesn't feel especially possible in the real world.

Watch some puissance, that's more exciting for none horsey people!

• Options

I'm just gonna say what I was thinking:

Horse Ballet.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Horse Ballet.

You try doing ballet with four legs!!

• Options

Horse Ballet.

I can't even do it with two, but other people manage to do it beautifully, so I never assume that my limitations will hold others back.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    140417154206-ballet-equestrian-grl-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Horse Ballet.

four legs would make it even easier.

hell horses look like they're dancing just when they walk

This discussion has been closed.