As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

a chat for today

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Getting eyes tested. Having air blown into your eyes is the bluest.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I can accept the velodrome bikes tho because they go insaneo fast due to the physics

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    also @eddy here is my current r&b submission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lQDPOfMUIA

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    They should add Motorsport to the Olympics as long as equestrian events are in

And jousting on motorbikes.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I wish I were pretty and younger and my life not the slo-motion version of a rolling dumpster fire colliding with a sewer truck

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    They should add Motorsport to the Olympics as long as equestrian events are in

And jousting on motorbikes.

seriously, why the fuck not

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    In case anyone needs reasons not to have kids, mine just ate all the bacon and pancakes which were for dinner. I won't be home yet for another hour.

That's fucked up.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Atomika wrote: »
    I wish I were pretty and younger and my life not the slo-motion version of a rolling dumpster fire colliding with a sewer truck

Truly youthful prettiness is wasted on the young dumb people that aren't me and therefore I don't care about

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    QEMO0ce.png

thanks a lot google *ignores the rest of the page*

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »
    Getting eyes tested. Having air blown into your eyes is the bluest.

I fucking hate the pressure test

• Options
    You big dumb and full gum

• Options
    Dwarf tossing

of course Russia would be disqualified as they would try to use non regulation little people

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Dressage and cross country are hard on the human body. Take lots of physical and mental control of the rider. And requires tons of training on the human part.

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Dressage and cross country are hard on the human body. Take lots of physical and mental control of the rider. And requires tons of training on the human part.

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.
    I feel like we've made it clear that the difficulty is not the problem. Motorsports have the same properties, I don't think they're any more appropriate.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Ditto

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Is sumo still an Olympic event

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    nancy's red outfit makes me think of l4d zoey
    that's all, friends

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I just wish I were generally happier and not fighting off grumpyness and low self esteem.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Sumo has never been an Olympic event

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    I don't really consider the Olympics as having any kind of purity as far as what should and shouldn't be in there, so long as it showcases human achievement. The ancient ones had sculpting and trumpet playing apparently.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    also eddy here is my current r&b submission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lQDPOfMUIA

modern r&b so same sounding... all these mild trap beats and cooing .........

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I don't really consider the Olympics as having any kind of purity as far as what should and shouldn't be in there, so long as it showcases human achievement. The ancient ones had sculpting and trumpet playing apparently.

and thats why everyone who ever won a gold medal in trumpet is dead

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    goodnight you princes of maine

you kings of new england

I have three days off and I think I'm going to sleep through at least one of them

• Options
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »

robot sumo should be in the olympics

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.
    I feel like we've made it clear that the difficulty is not the problem. Motorsports have the same properties, I don't think they're any more appropriate.

You are ignoring the entire sport is built off the humans athletic and physical ability which are the keys to the olympics. By your own measure.

Instead of being on a bike or using a pole vault it is on a horse.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »

THEN WHAT ARE THESE TICKETS FOR

• Options

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.

You are ignoring the entire sport is built off the humans athletic and physical ability which are the keys to the olympics. By your own measure.

could the olympic champion grab any horse off the street and win still

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.

ANY RENTAL HORSE YOU WANT $5.00 + DEPOSIT

• Options

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.

A pole and a bike are not the same as a horse

And it is built on human ability AND A HORSE

Which is different

• Options
    at the very least do it like a bull riding rodeo, where your horse is picked at random and highly pissed off

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    @Sarksus the image is by a Chinese artist: https://www.artstation.com/artist/lanyuan

• Options

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.

could a bmxer do the same stuff on a tricycle

anyway, just because an event involves hard work that occurred prior to the games doesn't mean it's inappropriate. That effort was invested into the animal, even if the animal worked hard as well. And if I had to choose between a bike and a horse to deal with, I'd rather choose the bike, a mechanical thing which will perform according to its specifications.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    olympic events that should be eliminated:

- dressage, obviously
    - every swimming event that isn't the fastest way to swim
    - triple jump
    - golf
    - water polo, which is what you do on vacation when you have a lot of people and no one agrees on what to do
    - race walking
    - synchronized swimming
    As long as we keep synchronized diving this is acceptable

• Options
    thank you simon, I haven't watched Stranger Things so I was very lost

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    olympic events that should be eliminated:

- dressage, obviously
    - every swimming event that isn't the fastest way to swim
    - triple jump
    - golf
    - water polo, which is what you do on vacation when you have a lot of people and no one agrees on what to do
    - race walking
    - synchronized swimming
    As long as we keep synchronized diving this is acceptable

As a fellow queer person, how could I not at least show some solidarity?

I know what you boys like :wink:

• Options

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.

anyway, just because an event involves hard work that occurred prior to the games doesn't mean it's inappropriate. That effort was invested into the animal, even if the animal worked hard as well. And if I had to choose between a bike and a horse to deal with, I'd rather choose the bike, a mechanical thing which will perform according to its specifications.

no. could they do the same stuff on some other identical bmx bike? most likely.

and i mean, yes. exactly! for an event about how good a human is id rather there be a bike - mechanical, reproducible. unlike a horse

i don't really think you should have an event thats also based on how good a horse is at being a horse

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.

and i mean, yes. exactly! for an event about how good a human is id rather there be a bike - mechanical, reproducible. unlike a horse

i don't really think you should have an event thats also based on how good a horse is at being a horse

well there are mediocre and great bikes as well, my point is that there is additional effort required to train a capricious animal

• Options
    they should make it so your sport gets picked randomly

This year you're doing the marathon

Next time it's archery

Keep it fresh

• Options

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.

well there are mediocre and great bikes as well, my point is that there is additional effort required to train a capricious animal

The effort is not the relevant part

This discussion has been closed.