Options

[chat] of the Worst

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    I'm disappointed one of you people didn't tell me about Stranger Things

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    I'm disappointed one of you people didn't tell me about Stranger Things

we were all talking about it for weeks and weeks

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
  • Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    6op6jyyl.jpg

Number 3 yesterday after it rained.

porp on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    porp wrote: »
    6op6jyyl.jpg

Number 3 yesterday after it rained.

Why didn't your baby tell me about Stranger Things

Grape Ape on
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Ape.

Stranger Things were the friends we met along the way

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Grape ape how do you feel about Christine and the queens

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

What'd she do?

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Lady comedian had pretty clever set where she made jokes about finding minors attractive and then drew attention to how she was able to get away with making those jokes because she's a woman.

The show producer had a frankly amazing set, though, that I seriously want to put online just to show you guys because it was so great.

• Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    @Element Brian ow tonight?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    porp wrote: »
    "Element Brian" ow tonight?

Ow tonight, Ouch tomorrow, as they say

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Omg the police are barricading me from going through a major fucking thoroughfare and they're closing up the entire avenue and now I'm stuck

They told me this would happen in Obama's America

They

Eddy on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Omg the police are barricading me from going through a major fucking thoroughfare and they're closing up the entire avenue and now I'm stuck

They

thanks obama

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    are you being detained

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

They

Next they'll implement the curfews, and

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Everyone vote Gary Johnson before they get you tooooo

And play Christine and the queens - tilted at my funeral

Eddy on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Everyone vote Gary Johnson before they get you tooooo

And play Christine and the queens - tilted at my funeral

i won't because life isn't fair and neither is death

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i wonder if my desire (fetish?) to date a foreigner is .. problematic

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

Sorry I'm on ep 3 of stranger things and only have room in my head to think about Barb.

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

That fits better with your old av.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

Get @surrealitycheck in here to tell you miscegenation is a moral imperative etc so we can more quickly approach the advent of olive-skinned godkin

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

I'm a foreigner

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

I have a friend who lives in LA and is dating a lady from mexico

he legitimately lives in squalor so you really have no excuse

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular

They
    you're a free inhabitant eddy, you have the right to travel

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Eddy are they kettling you because Toronto's police got in so much trouble for kettling people and kettle is an awesome verb

• Options
    Variable wrote: »

not the right kind of foreign. has to be somewhere i want free citizenship

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Therapist asked me if I missed my dead parents

I guess that's what it takes- a masters degree, years of professional experience

Then you too can figure out that orphans miss not being orphans

This incisive brilliance, this innovation

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    Therapist asked me if I missed my dead parents

I guess that's what it takes- a masters degree, years of professional experience

Then you too can figure out that orphans miss not being orphans

This incisive brilliance, this innovation

And how did her asking you that make you feel?

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Man, getting to level 100 was a lot easier once I stopped doing Draenor quests and started doing invasions. Plus I'm all geared up and ready to go! And I've bought 3 of the fel pup pets because apparently that vendor goes away once the expansion drops and people are gonna paaaaaay in a few months.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    In which a TL DR is having the time of his life playing a DJ set that he practiced hard for two weeks.

So, a not-3-AM retrospective. Damn, this was an experience. It was not lost on me that I have very intentionally not been marketing myself as a DJ and have been avoiding taking it seriously and putting myself out there, so having been booked for a real timeslot (11-12) for a paying gig, even if only a small monthly night here in Cinci, really pushed me to level up my game and put a ton of effort into selection and practice. I cleared my social calendar for a week+ and was still making last-minute changes and running through the set until it was time to go to the venue.

The crowd was one of the most enthusiastic I've seen, starting with a handful of people when I began the set and ending with a full dance floor and lots of cheering and support. I was v nervous but after my first few tunes got a good reaction the nervous energy found a home in hyping the crowd and dancing behind the decks, which I notice a lot of DJs who are much better at mixing than I am neglect to do. I ended up really happy with my selection and feel like I've gotten much better at paying attention to transitioning aesthetic elements in a way that makes sense; ie playing a few funky or disco house tunes and using subtle changes between them until it makes sense to move to something of a different vibe altogether. I also had a particular Damian Lazarus / Gorgon City remix that I am absolutely in love with, and felt very clever when I mixed it back into itself to be able to enjoy the initial drop a second time.

There were only a few mishaps during my set, and the fact that I knew I'd practiced hard meant that they didn't phase me in the slightest. My S4 was plugged into the club mixer, and halfway through my set, the heavy bass managed to edge the crossfader over until my audio suddenly cut out. That took about 15 seconds to figure out, but I was exceedingly grateful that it wasn't due to my laptop freezing or similar. Other than that, I did run out of steam at about 50 minutes and have to ad-lib the remaining time, but that worked out fine.

I have the mix exported and uploaded to Dropbox; PM me if you want the link.
    @desc @AresProphet @Podly @y2jake215 @DasUberEdward @MrMister @Chanus

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

oh I

I didn't realize

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options

oh I

I didn't realize

Now it's problematic, jake

• Options

oh I

I didn't realize

i mean

uh

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

oh I

I didn't realize

i mean

uh

You fuked up boiii

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    ugh i want to play WoW so badly
    but I know it will detract from me getting my thesis done and I can't
    also I have a backlog of games that is very long
    but still

• Options
    but seriously i think its prob tied to brief but heavy thing with swiss girl breaking me out of long term unhappy relationship

probably subconsciously chasing that feeling again

with a german accent

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    In which a TL DR is having the time of his life playing a DJ set that he practiced hard for two weeks.

So, a not-3-AM retrospective. Damn, this was an experience. It was not lost on me that I have very intentionally not been marketing myself as a DJ and have been avoiding taking it seriously and putting myself out there, so having been booked for a real timeslot (11-12) for a paying gig, even if only a small monthly night here in Cinci, really pushed me to level up my game and put a ton of effort into selection and practice. I cleared my social calendar for a week+ and was still making last-minute changes and running through the set until it was time to go to the venue.

The crowd was one of the most enthusiastic I've seen, starting with a handful of people when I began the set and ending with a full dance floor and lots of cheering and support. I was v nervous but after my first few tunes got a good reaction the nervous energy found a home in hyping the crowd and dancing behind the decks, which I notice a lot of DJs who are much better at mixing than I am neglect to do. I ended up really happy with my selection and feel like I've gotten much better at paying attention to transitioning aesthetic elements in a way that makes sense; ie playing a few funky or disco house tunes and using subtle changes between them until it makes sense to move to something of a different vibe altogether. I also had a particular Damian Lazarus / Gorgon City remix that I am absolutely in love with, and felt very clever when I mixed it back into itself to be able to enjoy the initial drop a second time.

There were only a few mishaps during my set, and the fact that I knew I'd practiced hard meant that they didn't phase me in the slightest. My S4 was plugged into the club mixer, and halfway through my set, the heavy bass managed to edge the crossfader over until my audio suddenly cut out. That took about 15 seconds to figure out, but I was exceedingly grateful that it wasn't due to my laptop freezing or similar. Other than that, I did run out of steam at about 50 minutes and have to ad-lib the remaining time, but that worked out fine.

Actually, let's see if SoundCloud wants to be cool or if one of the tunes here runs afoul of DMCA bullshit

• Options
    Decently happy with this, actually.

My second tower, dunno how many i'll make.
    tumblr_inline_ocn7ynN0PR1qlv5j9_540.png

@cB557 @Hahnsoo1 @Abdhyius @Dark Raven X

• Options

Actually, let's see if SoundCloud wants to be cool or if one of the tunes here runs afoul of DMCA bullshit

(post a track list!!)

C8Ft8GE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.