[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

1202123252650

Posts

  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Maybe what can't be trusted in narration applies to a future day. Perhaps the sender has knowledge of a Mafia ability to alter narration.

    3DS Friend Code 3282-2248-0453
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Maybe what can't be trusted in narration applies to a future day. Perhaps the sender has knowledge of a Mafia ability to alter narration.

    I had a really cool theory, but then I remembered there are no private conversations in this game. That keeps messing up all my ideas...

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I mean, if we only had a wheelbarrow, that would be something.



    steam_sig.png
    AustinP0027MagicPrimeJPants
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I was also made someone's puppet last night. No effect other than when that person dies, I die.

    So thanks for that.

    kime
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Well.. we could rule that out by squashing all our orders up really close towards daybreak tomorrow night and see if it slows the narration down any.
    You can't really narrate if you don't know the results yet or perhaps at all.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Well.. we could rule that out by squashing all our orders up really close towards daybreak tomorrow night and see if it slows the narration down any.
    You can't really narrate if you don't know the results yet or perhaps at all.

    I feel like if we succumb to the urge to play this game against Fry it's going to get yet more frustrating.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

    kimediscrider
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Well.. we could rule that out by squashing all our orders up really close towards daybreak tomorrow night and see if it slows the narration down any.
    You can't really narrate if you don't know the results yet or perhaps at all.

    If the narration is supposed to contain hints, that'll just delay results.

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I was also made someone's puppet last night. No effect other than when that person dies, I die.

    So thanks for that.

    Unless they are insane in which case maybe they'll die if you die.



    steam_sig.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I was also made someone's puppet last night. No effect other than when that person dies, I die.

    So thanks for that.

    Unless they are insane in which case maybe they'll die if you die.

    We only have GG for this "insane" theory, right?

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    No I think 38thdoe can also tell if people are insane.

    GG found a sane person - did not share their identity
    38thdoe saw chamberlain as insane

    Gizzy on
    3DS Friend Code 3282-2248-0453
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    No I think 38thdoe can also tell if people are insane.

    GG found a sane person - did not share their identity
    38thdoe saw chamberlain as insane

    Ah, missed that.

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Did only one person die last night?

    There's a livelist and a deadlist in the D2 start post.

  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I mean, if we only had a wheelbarrow, that would be something.

    Where we did we put that wheelbarrow the albino had?

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    we got some days to figure this out. i'll let the more rational folks figure it out...
    discrider
    gruntsghosts

    Please limit yourself to one vote per post, thanks

  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    meh.sorry. was drunk.

    was intended as a declaration of shady-ness.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I mean, if we only had a wheelbarrow, that would be something.

    Where we did we put that wheelbarrow the albino had?

    Over the albino I think.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Did only one person die last night?

    There's a livelist and a deadlist in the D2 start post.

    So that's a Clarification Denied? Ok.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Maybe like everyone is insane.
    38thdoe would be the only sane person, but his power is useless because everyone just comes up insane.

  • FryFry Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Did only one person die last night?

    There's a livelist and a deadlist in the D2 start post.

    So that's a Clarification Denied? Ok.

    Maybe I didn't understand your question. The dead list shows one person died day one, and one person died night one. Does that not answer the question "did only one person die last night?"

    Moridin889
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    Maybe like everyone is insane.
    38thdoe would be the only sane person, but his power is useless because everyone just comes up insane.

    Well someone got a kill off last night, and while not outside the realm of possibility, the description doesn't sound like something a vigilante would be doing. I think mafia is the safest bet, narration is misleading messages (if that's a believable un-insane thing) aside.

    So either there is no vig, there is an even vig, the vig erred on the side of hold their fire for whatever reason, the vig hit a guarded target or something.



    steam_sig.png
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I have to Withdrow. Dead uncle no time to follow now.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Given how adamant Fry was against Vig's in previous game/games, I'd lean more toward the Vig having less power. So, something like even Vig.

    It should either be that or hit a guarded target.

    For all the discussion on the first day about not taking shots if you aren't sure, I have a really hard time believing that the Vig wouldn't fire on Day 1 if they could.

  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Preda wrote: »
    I have to Withdrow. Dead uncle no time to follow now.

    Sorry for your loss. Thank you for playing.


    I will solicit possible replacements for this slot; if I don't find one, it will die to inactivus in a couple days.

    kime38thDoe
  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    to rectify last nights drunken mistake.
    grunts ghosts

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Did only one person die last night?

    There's a livelist and a deadlist in the D2 start post.

    So that's a Clarification Denied? Ok.

    Maybe I didn't understand your question. The dead list shows one person died day one, and one person died night one. Does that not answer the question "did only one person die last night?"

    There has been a claim that the narration is unreliable.
    So either one person died or we have to do role call to make sure no-one else died.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Did only one person die last night?

    There's a livelist and a deadlist in the D2 start post.

    So that's a Clarification Denied? Ok.

    Maybe I didn't understand your question. The dead list shows one person died day one, and one person died night one. Does that not answer the question "did only one person die last night?"

    There has been a claim that the narration is unreliable.
    So either one person died or we have to do role call to make sure no-one else died.

    The second sentence doesn't directly follow from the first, of course.

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    JPants
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'm finding it hard to care about analyzing or finding mafia when we don't even know if we found a mafia or not. I mean I could look into posts and accuse someone and push a wagon and watch how people respond and try and glean results from how people vote during the planned chaos

    but its not going to give us any information because once the dust settles we'll just have some dead people with no idea of how wrong or right anyone was

    The lack of death results really makes discussion and analysis seem ... pointless? Like it just feels like we are back at Day 1. Shot in the dark time!

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Bad news no one...
    It looks like Chamberlain is insane.
    Also a possibility that I'm insane I guess.

    That is weird because I got Sane from him last night.

    kimepremiumdiscrider38thDoe
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Did only one person die last night?

    There's a livelist and a deadlist in the D2 start post.

    So that's a Clarification Denied? Ok.

    Maybe I didn't understand your question. The dead list shows one person died day one, and one person died night one. Does that not answer the question "did only one person die last night?"

    There has been a claim that the narration is unreliable.
    So either one person died or we have to do role call to make sure no-one else died.

    The second sentence doesn't directly follow from the first, of course.

    The other options being: Cythraul is alive, the narration is unreliable in ways we don't care about or the information is false.


    People who have posted and so are alive:
    Grunt's Ghosts
    discrider
    corvidae
    Raiden333
    Brody
    MagicPrime
    Gizzy
    kime
    38thdoe
    Auralynx
    ObiFett
    AustinP0027
    premium
    chamberlain

    People who should post:
    @MamaWolf
    @Green
    @JPants
    @WACriminal
    @Moridin889
    @JusticeforPluto



    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    discrider wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Did only one person die last night?

    There's a livelist and a deadlist in the D2 start post.

    So that's a Clarification Denied? Ok.

    Maybe I didn't understand your question. The dead list shows one person died day one, and one person died night one. Does that not answer the question "did only one person die last night?"

    There has been a claim that the narration is unreliable.
    So either one person died or we have to do role call to make sure no-one else died.

    The second sentence doesn't directly follow from the first, of course.

    The other options being: Cythraul is alive, the narration is unreliable in ways we don't care about or the information is false.

    [Deleted the big list of people]

    Also possible that a future narration could be unreliable in some way.

    Regardless, assuming everyone checks in, then we don't have to care about this tidbit of information until there's something from the narration we care about.

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I'm alive and saw discriders signal. Doing home renovations today so I won't be catching up with the thread for many hours still. Hooray for 48 hour days!!

  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm finding it hard to care about analyzing or finding mafia when we don't even know if we found a mafia or not. I mean I could look into posts and accuse someone and push a wagon and watch how people respond and try and glean results from how people vote during the planned chaos

    but its not going to give us any information because once the dust settles we'll just have some dead people with no idea of how wrong or right anyone was

    The lack of death results really makes discussion and analysis seem ... pointless? Like it just feels like we are back at Day 1. Shot in the dark time!

    We can like... read over peoples posts and try and guess based on their behaviour, etc.
    It's not a whole lot but that's usually what the first 2-3 days or so of a normal phalla are like anyway, unless we get lucky and hit a mafia

    kime38thDoeMamaWolf
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm finding it hard to care about analyzing or finding mafia when we don't even know if we found a mafia or not. I mean I could look into posts and accuse someone and push a wagon and watch how people respond and try and glean results from how people vote during the planned chaos

    but its not going to give us any information because once the dust settles we'll just have some dead people with no idea of how wrong or right anyone was

    The lack of death results really makes discussion and analysis seem ... pointless? Like it just feels like we are back at Day 1. Shot in the dark time!

    We can like... read over peoples posts and try and guess based on their behaviour, etc.
    It's not a whole lot but that's usually what the first 2-3 days or so of a normal phalla are like anyway, unless we get lucky and hit a mafia

    Yes, this is a thing we can do

    But we won't know if we are right or not which, for a reason I can't put a finger on right now, makes it feel pointless

    Grunt's GhostsdiscriderAuralynxMoridin889kime
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    premium wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm finding it hard to care about analyzing or finding mafia when we don't even know if we found a mafia or not. I mean I could look into posts and accuse someone and push a wagon and watch how people respond and try and glean results from how people vote during the planned chaos

    but its not going to give us any information because once the dust settles we'll just have some dead people with no idea of how wrong or right anyone was

    The lack of death results really makes discussion and analysis seem ... pointless? Like it just feels like we are back at Day 1. Shot in the dark time!

    We can like... read over peoples posts and try and guess based on their behaviour, etc.
    It's not a whole lot but that's usually what the first 2-3 days or so of a normal phalla are like anyway, unless we get lucky and hit a mafia

    Yes, this is a thing we can do

    But we won't know if we are right or not which, for a reason I can't put a finger on right now, makes it feel pointless

    The important thing, I think, is that we keep talking so the hodgepodge of abilities we have can try to sort itself into something useful based on what little we do find out.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

    kimeJPants
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Oh. Here's a thought.
    If a villager sent the dream to GG saying that the narration is unreliable, why wouldn't they just say so publicly in thread yesterday at some point? Or today when we're debating it?

    So I think that pretty well narrows GG's dream down to mafia construction or host/insane person message.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    discrider wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Did only one person die last night?

    There's a livelist and a deadlist in the D2 start post.

    So that's a Clarification Denied? Ok.

    Maybe I didn't understand your question. The dead list shows one person died day one, and one person died night one. Does that not answer the question "did only one person die last night?"

    There has been a claim that the narration is unreliable.
    So either one person died or we have to do role call to make sure no-one else died.

    I'm not going to hide the fact that a player is dead when there's an easily verifiable method of proving that's not the case (wait for everyone to post). That's a giant waste of everyone's time.

    In case you're still unclear, yes only one person died last night

    Fry on
    discrider
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Preda has been replaced by Burnage, effective immediately

  • BurnageBurnage irregular Registered User regular
    Hello!

    kime
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Or has he? Maybe the host is insane and Burnage isn't really in the game!

    kimeFry
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Hello!

    Hi Burnage!

    If you were running this game what would you have done?

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Sign In or Register to comment.