Options

US Presidential Election: I could have, but didn't

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    In Montana, they do all their shopping at the bar.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I'm fully expecting most of us to have an experience of someone shouting,"GO TRUMP!" or, "Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up!" either while in line or after they've voted. Possibly a few shoving matches or fist fights. Because people can't learn how to not be shitheads to their fellow person.

I'm voting absentee. They're going to need to be pretty loud for me to hear them from a state over.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc25H2YgbDQ&app=desktop

Not exactly the Daisy video in terms of emotional impact but the same theme

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Trump realized that you actually have to transfer money to the media companies before they will play the ads.
    You don't have to pay them if you're doing them a favor by being on their network.
    When people learn you aired Trump ads, you're going to get so many ads, so many.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »

...what?

But. If. But. That.

What?

America, what the hell is wrong with you?!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    There was some really dumpster fire opinion piece the other day on CNN about how Trump was going to win and "shock all of the liberal elite" because of the "silent voters". Pretty funny in light of the recent revelations.

It's also amazing in a really sad way how these people have convinced themselves liberals are super elitist...while supporting Donald Trump, the embodiment of elitist man child. Then I remember to these people being a caring human being with an education and a balanced view point of the world makes you part of "The Elite" to them.

The "silent majority" has been a thing since Nixon.

And they won't shut up about it.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    We have a completely insane, self-contained right wing media.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Heatstreet is actually run by a British dude.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »

This. Actually. Happened.

Russia lodged a formal complaint at the UN for disparaging remarks targeting Trump.

Good thing Manafort was fired. Wouldn't want the appearance of impropriety.

We know, and they know we know. No point in hiding it now.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    "Fuck Immigrants," right guys?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3826991/Syrian-migrant-helps-capture-ISIS-terrorist-tortured-home-country-spotting-Islamist-GERMANY.html
    Syrian migrant helps capture ISIS terrorist who tortured him in his home country after spotting the Islamist in GERMANY

Mugsley on
  • Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3826991/Syrian-migrant-helps-capture-ISIS-terrorist-tortured-home-country-spotting-Islamist-GERMANY.html
    Syrian migrant helps capture ISIS terrorist who tortured him in his home country after spotting the Islamist in GERMANY

Cool story. I'd reshare if it wasn't from the daily mail. XD

• Options
    In other news, can someone hire the lady from that commercial to sit in the audience on Sunday and just stand up and say, "That's not how this works! That's not how any of this works!" when Trump speaks?

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Oh hey, more emails got released today well that's lovely.

I went through one page out of four but they mostly consist of other folks writing actual policy/important shit and Hillary writing "pls print".

*yawn*

I'm gonna totally enjoy hearing about this endlessly for the next 48 hours or so.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I wonder if there's going to be a bunch of people wearing Trump hats/shirts showing up to polling stations. I mean they've already done a bunch of stuff that just sounds like voter suppression/intimidation squad sign ups. Your average ignorant voter probably doesn't know about the campaigning near a poll station laws. And it seems like those crazy people are extra riled up for Trump.
    I'm still not a huge Hillary fan, though I thought she performed very well in the debate bits I've seen, but I'm still flabbergasted at the sheer amount of "I think X!" "Nah, I didn't say I think X" coming from Trump and his supporters don't seem to care.

Does that level of voter intimidation even have any effect? 90% of the struggle is getting people off their butts and to the polls. Once you've done that are some pricks marching around with signs going to actually cause people to turn around and go home or change their vote.

When in was the KKK and such, and it was supported/blind eyed by the local government, that is one thing. But the pro-Trump clowns marching around? Probably deter more people if they were in costume, since some voters are coulrophobic.

Yeah, it does. You drive by the polling place, see a bunch of scary people with Trump signs, maybe you decide not to risk it. Especially if you're a minority of some sort. Especially if the staff at the station isn't particularly on the ball with removing those people.
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I wonder if there's going to be a bunch of people wearing Trump hats/shirts showing up to polling stations. I mean they've already done a bunch of stuff that just sounds like voter suppression/intimidation squad sign ups. Your average ignorant voter probably doesn't know about the campaigning near a poll station laws. And it seems like those crazy people are extra riled up for Trump.
    I'm still not a huge Hillary fan, though I thought she performed very well in the debate bits I've seen, but I'm still flabbergasted at the sheer amount of "I think X!" "Nah, I didn't say I think X" coming from Trump and his supporters don't seem to care.

While I see how the MAGA hats and such can be a problem, I'm not sure that there's a practical way to prevent it, or if it should be prevented. If someone wore an Obama "HOPE" t-shirt while voting in 2008 or 2012, it would have amounted to the same thing. I think that you'd either need to allow both or block both.

I'm assuming that the Obama HOPE shirts would have been allowed - if that was not the case, then obviously the MAGA hats should be disallowed as well.

Just a shirt that says the word HOPE, or does it specifically say Obama on it? I have no idea how strict those laws are. I assume Make America Great Again is an official slogan for Trump or something and would be recognizable as a promotion for that candidate but I have no idea. Allowing the hats/shirts without making a fuss would probably be less of a stir than trying to stop them I imagine. Way curious about how strict that law is now.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    The US has officially accused Russia of attempting to interfere in the 2016 elections.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Shit just got real. Thomas Friedman had a column today saying the US should hack Russia to expose Putin.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    You think the NSA/CIA hasn't already started doing that?

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    The US has officially accused Russia of attempting to interfere in the 2016 elections.

Is there a link / source?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    sources plx?

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Donald Trump says illegal immigrants are coming in droves to vote in this November's election

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-immigrants-election_us_57f7b7cae4b0e655eab39e8b

Atomika on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

link?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Trumped

zepherin on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    WordLust wrote: »

Cool story. I'd reshare if it wasn't from the daily mail. XD

spiegel.de/international/world/syrian-refugee-helps-germany-hunt-islamic-state-operatives-a-1114791.html

• Options
    Spaffy wrote: »

Is there a link / source?

Multiple news apps on my phone just started pinging me at once, let me find a link.

Fake edit: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-government-officially-accuses-russia-of-hacking-campaign-to-influence-elections/2016/10/07/4e0b9654-8cbf-11e6-875e-2c1bfe943b66_story.html

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    That kinda takes all the sting out of your punch there, Huffpo.

a3xw2bzgvnwv.png

• Options
    The Obama administration on Friday officially accused Russia of carrying out a wide-ranging campaign to interfere with the 2016 elections, including by hacking the computers of the Democratic National Committee and other political officials.

The denunciation, made by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Homeland Security, came as pressure was growing from within the administration and some lawmakers to hold Moscow accountable for a set of actions apparently aimed at sowing discord around the election.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    isn't it great then that so many precincts have fully computerized voting machines, with no way of doing a hand recount?

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    What an odd chart to make

I want to see bowling alleys vs magic shops. Or lasertag halls vs veterans hospitals.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Daedalus wrote: »
    isn't it great then that so many precincts have fully computerized voting machines, with no way of doing a hand recount?

So wait, votes are purely done by machine, no actual ballots? And these machines are not completely isolated from networks?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

So wait, votes are purely done by machine, no actual ballots? And these machines are not completely isolated from networks?

Let's put it this way: if there's not a completely horrifying LWT feature segment on US ballot security in the next four weeks, I'll be shocked.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

What a country!

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

This is even better than in 2000 when some guy trained a monkey to open a Deibold voting machine and change the counts, because at least with those machines you needed physical access and had to do something that even grossly inattentive poll workers would think was fishy, so the clever proof of concept exploits were only that and not real threats.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    This a few years old. Anyone know if it's gotten any better?

http://www.imgur.com/gallery/v6m70

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular

"The answer is don't think about it, Morty!"

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

it's bad

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular

If anything, it's gotten worse, since the whole "everything's on the internet" idea has actually happened.

I'll see if I can find the article, but at least some models of voting machine would be vulnerable to the "botnet of things" exploit that had Keurig's and smart refrigerators helping DOS security sites off the internet.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Trump recorded having extremely lewd conversation about women in 2005
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/2016/10/07/3b9ce776-8cb4-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html
    Donald Trump bragged in vulgar terms about kissing, groping and trying to have sex with women during a 2005 conversation caught on a hot microphone — saying that “when you’re a star, they let you do it” — according to a video obtained by The Washington Post.

The video captures Trump talking with Billy Bush of “Access Hollywood” on a bus with Access Hollywood written across the side. They were arriving on the set of “Days of Our Lives” to tape a segment about Trump’s upcoming cameo on the soap opera.

The tape obtained by the Post includes audio of Bush and Trump’s conversation inside the bus, as well as audio and video once they emerge from it to begin shooting the segment.

In that audio, Trump discusses a failed attempt to seduce a woman, whose full name is not given in the video.

“I moved on her and I failed. I’ll admit it,” Trump is heard saying. It was unclear when the events he was describing took place. The tape was recorded several months after he married his third wife, Melania.

“Whoa,” another voice said.

“I did try and f--- her. She was married,” Trump says.

Trump continues: “And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, ‘I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture.’”

“I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married,” Trump says. “Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.”

The video/audio has NSFW language!

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

If anything, it's gotten worse, since the whole "everything's on the internet" idea has actually happened.

I'll see if I can find the article, but at least some models of voting machine would be vulnerable to the "botnet of things" exploit that had Keurig's and smart refrigerators helping DOS security sites off the internet.

I've posted this before in other threads, but here's an entertaining layman's explanation of why we should STOP CONNECTING THINGS TO THE INTERNET:

• Options
    “And when you’re a star they let you do it,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”

“Whatever you want,” says another voice, apparently Bush’s.

“Grab them by the p---y,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/2016/10/07/3b9ce776-8cb4-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html

The worst part of that video is the walk after all the talking on the bus, it's so damn creepy. So much entitlement on display.

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.