Options

Access Hollywood presents: The [2016 Presidential Election] Shitshow Spectacular!

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/300430-eric-trump-locker-room-banter-common-among-alpha-personalities
    Eric Trump: 'Locker room banter' common among 'alpha personalities'

Eric Trump is defending his father, Donald Trump, over lewd remarks the GOP presidential nominee made in 2005 about approaching women, saying such talk is common among "alpha personalities."

"I think it's locker room banter," he said on Monday, as reported first by The Colorado Springs Gazette. "I think sometimes when guys are together they get carried away, and sometimes that's what happens when alpha personalities are in the same presence.
    "At the same time, I'm not saying it's right. It's not the person that he is," Eric Trump added.

[...]
    This is the horrible defense they are going for.

Trump campaign: Relax, women, it is really common for guys to brag about committing sexual assault when they are together!

also an inherent swipe (in their eyes) at anyone who says they don't talk that way.

trump isn't that person, he just talks that way because he's an alpha male. he can't even help it! being so alpha. even though it's not who he is, he only said it because of who he is.

Eric Trump is definitely a human being who says "cuck" with a straight face

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Nobeard wrote: »
    Gaddez wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I don't know this specific Kansas God Lady, but I know plenty of Kansas God Ladies. I grew up with "God wants X" being a huge portion of the political discourse around me.

It still, to this day, makes me so angry. As soon as you start using divine right/will as political rhetoric, you're saying that literally no counterargument contains any value whatsoever. And it only gets trotted out by people who fundamentally dislike the existence of democracy.

Nevermind that by their own logic, God clearly wants Kansas to be a smoking hole in the ground.

The part that bugs me about this is that ~as far as I know~ god hasn't sent a prophet in 2000 years, so how is it that they can know the mind of god?

Something I've often been tempted to ask this sort, but have so far held my tongue:

"So you, a tiny mortal being, understand God's great plan and will? Well enough to state with authority what He would and would not approve of? You must worship a very small god."

"A one eyed tortoise, perhaps."

Om's too good for 'em.
    More likely, IMO, like Vorbis, "God" is what they call the voices in their head.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Trump calls McCain foul mouthed. Is that supposed to be a "See everyone's awful!" or something?

Trump has been running the old I am rubber you are glue defense for the last couple months.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    sorry guys i'm still laughing at "Alpha Males Donald Trump and Billy Bush'

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Michelle Bachmann continues to embarrass herself despite being retired from office, says that Congress is still 100% behind Trump, calls 2nd debate a "masterful performance," blames Clinton for tape leak.

I going to go ahead and say if you've hired Michelle "Lightbulbs" Bachmann to represent you, you are so far below rock bottom you can feel the warmth of the earth's core.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    anyone who uses the term "alpha male" should be smacked on the nose with a newspaper

https://youtu.be/xIwps1P3ZIs

I just realized that Colbert does his voice.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Spectrum wrote: »
    When the Clinton campaign did a cutesy recreation of the 1964 "Confessions of a Republican" ad a few months ago I was like 'yeah ok, that's kinda fun, but it's not gonna actually change any minds... now recreate it for real - make ads where modern republicans earnestly talk about how they can't support Donald Trump and are going to be voting for Hillary.'

Anyway I'm glad the Hillary campaign decided to follow my advice!

wandering on
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I think the pubs will get one attempt to impeach and then sit out of the electoral process like the whiny crybabies that they are.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I think the pubs will get one attempt to impeach and then sit out of the electoral process like the whiny crybabies that they are.

I think the Republicans will gain seats House and Senate seats in 2018 and retain control of state governments

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

They tried to repeal ACA like 50+ times.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    sorry guys i'm still laughing at "Alpha Males Donald Trump and Billy Bush'

sounds like something a beta would say

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Also, Rubio stands by the man who humiliated him:

Donald was right in calling him Little Marco. Now we see how little he truly is.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    glimmung wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    for one thing if Trump loses this year, the entire party will know to coalesce around somebody else earlier on

but idk, if they can't win it this year I think the GOP is just done with the presidency forever until they change course

2020 is definitely the year that Republicans learn how to solve collective action problems. Mark it on the calender.

They would check out a book on game theory but unfortunately their local library just had it budget cut.

"Okay, so there's a classic problem called the Prisoner's Dilemma. You're one of two prisoners trying to escape. You can either betray your partn--"
    "Betray! BETRAY!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rzIwrEqpw

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    I've always found the alpha beta whatever bullshit stupid, but man Trump and Billy yeah textbook alphas those two.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    Here in WI they have been touting Scott Walker as the 2020 golden child of the RNC. He declined to run for president this time around as he had a state to fuck up run.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    halkun wrote: »
    Here in WI they have been touting Scott Walker as the 2020 golden child of the RNC. He declined to run for president this time around as he had a state to fuck up run.

???

Scott Walker ran for president this year.

He just did it very badly.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Doesn't everyone hate Scott Walker? Haven't I heard of him a bunch for all the insane dumb things he's done?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I've always found the alpha beta whatever bullshit stupid, but man Trump and Billy yeah textbook alphas those two.

you know it's possible to be rich and powerful without being an asshole

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

But he did run before giving up in September 2015.

• Options
    Trump calls McCain foul mouthed. Is that supposed to be a "See everyone's awful!" or something?

What's funny is that is among the first things on Trump's twitter feed to be demonstrably true. McCain swears like, well, a sailor. GASP. He also has a temper!

Really? I'm racking my brains, and I don't think I ever heard McCain curse at all. And I've followed the 2000 election. I mean, the only instance of McCain cursing that I am aware of is the story of him calling his wife a c-word, and that's a second-hand account of a time he lost his temper in a private residence, so absolutely nothing like the pussy-grabbing tape.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

Did those people forget that he ran this year and was polling in the high tenths of a percent after the second debate?

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options

Nope, that's not alpha life bro.

Then again I always thought Marcus Lemonis is pretty rich and he can be a dick, but his dickishness is more bringing other idiots back to earth.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I wanted to show some support for the work the Washington Post has done, but i also didn't want to spend $100 on a subscription so I did a search for deals. Lo and behold there is a deal for Amazon Prime members. Free digital subscription for 6 months then $4 a month after that. Sold.

• Options

Ummmm
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Walker_presidential_campaign,_2016

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    You can bet that Rand Paul will run again in 2020, convinced that his party needs a new direction on the heels of Trump.

• Options
    I wanted to show some support for the work the Washington Post has done, but i also didn't want to spend $100 on a subscription so I did a search for deals. Lo and behold there is a deal for Amazon Prime members. Free digital subscription for 6 months then $4 a month after that. Sold.

Jeff Bezos is a hero for rescuing the Post -- even if it was only to cover up his dirty little secret.

• Options

Consider Mark Cuban and Warren Buffett, both of whom love to poke Trump about what actually being rich looks like.

• Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    The main issue with trump running in 2020 is that I doubt he has the stamina for another campaign.

Can someone tweet this to him?

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

Yes this is relevant to my interests

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    You can bet that Rand Paul will run again in 2020, convinced that his party needs a new direction on the heels of Trump.

I'm sure the millionaire who benefited from government programs in the past and now builds a self-made-man fiction about himself to appeal to uninformed populist notions that the government doesn't work but he can fix it despite having no plan to do so and who has thus far been steadfast in his endorsement of Donald Trump will be a welcome wind of change from this year's election.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    I think that's what's odd though - by conventional tenders Walker, Ryan etc are pretty scary. They're totally wrong about everything in a way the conservative base should love, but also able to masquerade as reasonable to people not paying close attention (or at least, were).

But somewhere along the line, even appearing moderate when squinting at a distance became intolerable to the base they're reliant on.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    The GOP demographic solution is really simple. Not easy for them, but simple. Go softer on immigration and find someone women don't have immediate reason to be hostile to. Bush II fit that bill

Their base doesn't want to go softer on immigration. There's a reason "Mexican rapists" catapulted Trump to the front.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Doesn't everyone hate Scott Walker? Haven't I heard of him a bunch for all the insane dumb things he's done?

His approval rate is in the 30s in Wisconsin and the state GOP is starting to turn on him over his cutting infrastructure spending.

But he'll still probably win reelection in 2018 because the WI Dems have done a terrible job of developing candidates.

• Options
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Taximes wrote: »
    The main issue with trump running in 2020 is that I doubt he has the stamina for another campaign.

Can someone tweet this to him?

He has great stamina. Everybody says so. Everybody says he has great stamina. The stamina people constantly compliment him on what great stamina he has.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    The GOP demographic solution is really simple. Not easy for them, but simple. Go softer on immigration and find someone women don't have immediate reason to be hostile to. Bush II fit that bill

Their base doesn't want to go softer on immigration. There's a reason "Mexican rapists" catapulted Trump to the front.

Which is why you need a candidate strong enough to overcome that. The Democratic base hates free trade but it hasn't stopped Obama or Clinton

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Surely nobody in history has ever promised to take autocratic power to fix a perceived issue and then immediately discard said power once said issue was resolved!

This seems like a totally reasonable thing without any precedent and can only end well!
    joshofalltrades

Well actually....

Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus TWICE!

That there is an exception does not disprove my point

Cincinnatus Trump ain't

It's pretty telling that for well over 2000 years Cincinnatus is the only guy ever brought up as a counter-example

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Duffel wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Duffel wrote: »
    I'm going to be curious to see how much the tape has actually damaged his standing in the polls. Because, while it's obviously damaged his standing wrt media coverage, it doesn't seem like many of the people who were planning on voting for him are bothered by it. Like... at all.

He's lost a chunk of what little woman support he had.

But really, it's not so much about peeling his core supporters (those will never leave him) but getting the moderates and centre-rights, the always-voted-republicans and the socially-liberal-financially-conservatives, and especially getting through to the low-information voters and the undecided.

Trump can't win with his die-hard base alone. Videos like this one cut off all other lines of support.

Again, anecdotal, but I have actually yet to see a single man be like, "Oh, yeah, we all talk like that". I'm sure there have been, but not within any range of my witness. Seen lots of women be all like "Get over it, this is the way guys are", though. It's depressing.

I guess I really shouldn't be surprised. I mean, it's not as though it's a secret that our society as a rule simply does not care about sexual assault in general, at least if the perpetrator is "important" for whatever reason. We make that abundantly clear every time a powerful man gets accused of it.

I wonder if that first paragraph is at least partly because relatively few men sexually assault women, but nearly all women have been sexually assaulted or harassed at some point in their lives.

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    Surely nobody in history has ever promised to take autocratic power to fix a perceived issue and then immediately discard said power once said issue was resolved!

This seems like a totally reasonable thing without any precedent and can only end well!
    joshofalltrades

Well actually....

Cincinnatus Trump ain't

It's pretty telling that for well over 2000 years Cincinnatus is the only guy ever brought up as a counter-example

Washington's another (and the reason we don't have a King, not for lack of trying on the part of some), and often associated with the other, though how much of that is his personal myth is hard to say.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

joshofalltrades

Well actually....

Cincinnatus Trump ain't

Washington's another (and the reason we don't have a King, not for lack of trying on the part of some), and often associated with the other, though how much of that is his personal myth is hard to say.

also 2 in 2000 years still not an amazing track record

Allegedly a voice of reason.
This discussion has been closed.