Options

Access Hollywood presents: The [2016 Presidential Election] Shitshow Spectacular!

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    That said, anyone who doesn't think of flu as (potentially) deadly should consider the events of almost exactly 100 years ago.
    Or, hell, seven years ago.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Fireflash wrote: »
    So basically these last 2 maps are saying that women are smarter than men!

We appear to have empirical evidence that validates this assumption

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hah, never lived in a state that wasn't blue in both cases.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

This election has basically told us that white guys had a nice run, but we can't be trusted anymore.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

This election has basically told us that white guys had a nice run, but we can't be trusted anymore.

Did we even have a nice run? I mean sure for us yeah but everyone else? ehhhhh.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Wrong thread! Don't vote Trump!

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

How did the Republican Party get here. It is a total mystery.

It's assholes. Assholes all the way down.

A prolapse of decency?

Dickworld.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    80% into Alien Isolation
    Much like Ganon in a Zelda game, it's always Weyland-Yutani

Can't we have another hilariously irresponsoble corporation try to harness the aliens by refusing to pay up for someone who actually knows what to do for a change?

This is on topic as I for one look forward to the coming of our alien overlords.

Put them on the ballot and they'd probably poll higher than Trump.

Edit

He'll, maybe we could have an opposition party for a change

jmcdonald on
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Did we even have a nice run? I mean sure for us yeah but everyone else? ehhhhh.

I'm being nice.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    What? No, no, no.

We just ACT stupider!

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    That said, anyone who doesn't think of flu as (potentially) deadly should consider the events of almost exactly 100 years ago.

Or get the real flu as an adult. Jesus in the midst of a vomit binge coming down from a burning fever you'll start to worry if you can physically dial 911 before its too late.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Yeah, that's kind of what I mean. The flu is deadly, but due to its constant presence, people don't generally think of it as such.

Or get the real flu as an adult. Jesus in the midst of a vomit binge coming down from a burning fever you'll start to worry if you can physically dial 911 before its too late.

I am pretty sure I had it this last week. I could barely move for a couple of days. I had to stand for ten minutes at one point during those days and I almost couldn't manage that.

• Options
    DunderDunder Registered User regular
    The women only vote is a lot more red than I expected. I can't believe Clinton isn't winning the female vote in every state.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Dunder wrote: »
    The women only vote is a lot more red than I expected. I can't believe Clinton isn't winning the female vote in every state.

I'm not especially the states she loses.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Dunder wrote: »

Non-college educated white women are very, very Republican. Less so in this election than most, but still.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

Yeah, that's kind of what I mean. The flu is deadly, but due to its constant presence, people don't generally think of it as such.

I am pretty sure I had it this last week. I could barely move for a couple of days. I had to stand for ten minutes at one point during those days and I almost couldn't manage that.

Sounds like when I got Strep as an adult.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Yeah, you also underestimate super-evangelical women of the South who vote whatever Republican is running as long as he hates abortion.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Fun fact about this election and endorsements. Last I checked 0 papers had endorsed Trump and many publications had broken with over a hundred years to endorse Hillary.

I read here that The National Enquirer endorsed Trump.

No idea if it's true, though.

It is true. Trump owns The Enquirer.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

Are there really that many (stupid asshole) White Men in proportion to Not-White Men, or is this an effect of self-sorting?

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I'm comfortable removing men's suffrage. They can just vote through their wives, anyway. And you know how their hormones make them so irrational. And they can't even ride bicycles with those big swinging balls they're always carrying around. It's best they stay home and care for the children while the women vote, in my reasonable opinion.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    a large number of people vote the party regardless of the candidate

and a large number of white men vote republican so

also you gotta figure a significant number of people just are stupid assholes i mean have you ever driven to work before

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I'm comfortable removing men's suffrage. They can just vote through their wives, anyway. And you know how their hormones make them so irrational. And they can't even ride bicycles with those big swinging balls they're always carrying around. It's best they stay home and care for the children while the women vote, in my reasonable opinion.

deal

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Have we posted yet that the Editor in Chief of Christianity Today wrote an editorial basically saying if you vote for Trump you're a bad Christian?

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

deal

yeah I'd take that deal with a minimum of hestitation

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular

Lucky. I'm currently double red.

• Options
    Delzhand wrote: »

deal

You can grab em by the dick and they let you do it because you're in charge

They let you do it

You can pierce em in the nips and they can't say anything because you're the boss

Is this thing on?

• Options
    Einzel wrote: »

Double blue! Of course, I live in Oregon. So we'll likely always be blue, and always mean nothing for the election which is almost certainly decided before our polls even close (yes, we still have polls, though 85%+ of the state will mail in).

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Fun fact about this election and endorsements. Last I checked 0 papers had endorsed Trump and many publications had broken with over a hundred years to endorse Hillary.

I read here that The National Enquirer endorsed Trump.

No idea if it's true, though.

It is true. Trump owns The Enquirer.

Trump doesn't own the Enquirer, one of his awful buddies does.

But the enquirer endorsed him in the primary, it hasn't actually endorsed anyone for the general election afaik.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Yeah, you also underestimate super-evangelical women of the South who vote whatever Republican is running as long as he hates abortion.

[in before audio surfaces of Trump coercing/threatening a mistress into having an abortion while describing the embryo as a parasite...]

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I feel like after the election, unless something goes horribly wrong, I need to write a thank you to minorities and women for saving all our asses.

• Options

deal

They let you do it

You can pierce em in the nips and they can't say anything because you're the boss

Is this thing on?

what is this, a locker room?

• Options
    jmcdonald wrote: »

deal

They let you do it

Is this thing on?

It's the locker room of love...yow baby!

Err, sorry, my alpha male came out for a second.

• Options
    Einzel wrote: »

I mean I'm a gay transsexual scientist

With a girlfriend who is, not shockingly, also gay and liberal

There is no chance in hell we're ever going to be in states that aren't double blue if we can help it

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Surely nobody in history has ever promised to take autocratic power to fix a perceived issue and then immediately discard said power once said issue was resolved!

This seems like a totally reasonable thing without any precedent and can only end well!

Lucius Cincinnatus.

This particular example has already been made and I think applying it to Trump and his ilk is to fail to understand the point I was making

Trump would never cede his power, and the existence of someone who did does not invalidate my argument that a "benevolent dictatorship" has historically been a really really bad idea

That's what I get for posting when 3 pages behind (I say as I reply when now 6 pages behind). @joshofalltrades

I definitely misunderstood your point. I thought you were making the case that never in history has someone been given sweeping autocratic powers to fix a crisis, and after the crisis was fixed has that someone stepped down and given up his autocratic powers. Which, yes, Cincinnatus did do that (twice even).

I definitely wasn't trying to equate Trump to Cincinnatus, or anything like that.

• Options
    jmcdonald wrote: »

deal

They let you do it

Is this thing on?

Hey baby is that a left leaning undecided voter in your pants or are you just excited to get registered to vote :cool:

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

Are there really that many (stupid asshole) White Men in proportion to Not-White Men, or is this an effect of self-sorting?

In those states? Yes. In general it's pretty close all things considered. Especially once we start looking at registered and likely voters.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Forar wrote: »
    Ninotchka wrote: »
    You guys missed the real smoking gun on Podesta's wikileaks.

http://www.anonews.co/wikileaks-e-t/

"Remember, our nonviolent ETI from the contiguous universe are helping us bring zero point energy to Earth. They will not tolerate any forms of military violence on Earth or in space."

There is more. Podesta was discussing Zero Point Energy with a former astronaut.

No wonder they tried to bury this information!

I... did we just get confirmation that there's a Stargate program?!

Someone get a reporter to Cheyenne Mountain, stat!
    I can't choose which joke to go with:

Where do I sign up to be tok'ra?

Or

I knew we've been in the middle east for too long it's all one giant cover-up for violent alien incursion isn't it?

Sleep on
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Have we posted yet that the Editor in Chief of Christianity Today wrote an editorial basically saying if you vote for Trump you're a bad Christian?

That's a bit more than it said, but it definitely did call out anyone still defending or endorsing Trump as a bad Christian.

This discussion has been closed.