Options

David [Chat] Pumpkins

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    A look into the hilarity that is China

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN12Q1MA
    Online sites offer shoppers makeover kits, false cameras and even dust plugs to hide the removed headphone jack to give their iPhone 6 or 6S the appearance of the iPhone 7 - Apple's latest flagship product which launched last month.

"I don't have the money to upgrade, and the (iPhone) 7 is just so-so," said a Beijing-based sales worker, who said he was getting a Shenzhen firm to replace his iPhone 6 back casing with a fake iPhone 7 shell. "I'm changing it to show off," he said, giving only his surname Gao as he wasn't sure that what he was doing was legal.

http://appleplugs.com

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I remember we hired this desktop support kid a couple of years back (wasn't my call, boss shoved him down my throat because he was causing trouble in another department) and me and a few of the guys were in the PC setup room making dumb jokes about something and one of us was all "choose wisely/he chose poorly" and he comes in and goes

..."You guys telling Jew jokes? Cause....I got some good ones"

D:

D:D:D:

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Saw someone on Facebook link that viking ddos map and claim that that ddos last week couldn't have been Russia, look, nothing came out of Russia on the map!

The viking ddos map never shows any activity in Russia, likely because they have it blocked somehow. Also a DDOS is a distributed attack so no, it's not all gonna look like its coming from one place.

We need some serious computer tech education in this country that people are just never going to get.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Obsidian is like if Bioware gave a shit

and had less technical aptitude and no budget

override367 on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    How can you be a white collar professional in the year of our lord 2016 and not know how to set your own default printer.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Obsidian is like if Bioware gave a shit

and had less technical aptitude and no budget

um KOTOR2 was the pinnacle of technical aptitude hth

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Saw someone on Facebook link that viking ddos map and claim that that ddos last week couldn't have been Russia, look, nothing came out of Russia on the map!

The viking ddos map never shows any activity in Russia, likely because they have it blocked somehow. Also a DDOS is a distributed attack so no, it's not all gonna look like its coming from one place.

We need some serious computer tech education in this country that people are just never going to get.

single payer PC training.

single payer Sally Struthers home video courses

single payer tv/vcr repair

WHEN IT IS GOING TO BE TOO MUCH!?

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I think I'm probably going to not get health insurance next year and instead just pay the fine, it'll be cheaper and I can't use the insurance anyway

3 possibilities right
    -no significant medical expenses
    -moderate medical expenses
    -major medical expenses

surely we all agree in the first scenario you lose money by not paying the fine

you seem to be saying you can't afford copays so the second scenario is the same for you as the first because you just won't receive medical care

but in the third scenario medical insurance will save you money, or else they legally wouldnt be able to sell it to you

and your financial situation is way better than it was a year ago so you have something to lose, right?

sig.gif
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    How can you be a white collar professional in the year of our lord 2016 and not know how to set your own default printer.

*says nothing, sweats*

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    you guys got those jew jokes?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

i have been working as a software engineer on company networks for 7 years and i have never needed to do this at home or work

sig.gif
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Variable wrote: »

only the best, most primo.

What's the deal with airplane food?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    damn chu

damn

some nerd in our office was complaining that our mascot has blue eyes and red tail hawks dont have blue eyes
    I was like
    bruh
    bruh
    our boss is german, of course it's got to have blue eyes.

Bless your heart.
  • Options

single payer PC training.

single payer Sally Struthers home video courses

single payer tv/vcr repair

WHEN IT IS GOING TO BE TOO MUCH!?

no not single payer, have as many people pay me as you can manage

I want ultra-payer

please pay me oh god

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Honestly I think there is a fine line between offensive humor being good and bad.

Yes, I will admit 95% of the time it's bad or thoughtless, but at the same time I do think there comes a point of time in history where a joke about a tragedy that makes us drop our jaw and go "what the fuck.", even if it makes us shock laugh, still forces us to think about it an acknowledge it.

That's not a position I'm gonna die on a hill for, but I do believe it.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I think I'm probably going to not get health insurance next year and instead just pay the fine, it'll be cheaper and I can't use the insurance anyway

3 possibilities right
    -major medical expenses

you seem to be saying you can't afford copays so the second scenario is the same for you as the first because you just won't receive medical care

but in the third scenario medical insurance will save you money, or else they legally wouldnt be able to sell it to you

and your financial situation is way better than it was a year ago so you have something to lose, right?

You only really save a couple hundred anyways.

That's worth it for the piece of mind of not having a 200,000 medical bill if I get hit by a bus.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

oh god no

noooooooo

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

i have been working as a software engineer on company networks for 7 years and i have never needed to do this at home or work

Is it because you just don't print things?

Because that's an acceptable answer

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    My version of hell would be trying to teach an old person how to install and map a network printer for all eternity.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    like I get why Democrats have to cheerlead Obamacare, but it's mostly worthless if you can't come up with a significant percentage of your yearly income on a whim before the first dollar of care will be provided by your insurance

and for me, I'm in a position where it will be a long time before I can afford to use health insurance, but I'm going to have to basically take 10% of my income out and burn it for the monthly premium or I'm in violation of the law - forced to pay for care I can't afford to use
    I mean

yeah, if you have a big expense you need to pay your deductible "up front."

But like, shouldn't you still be able to go get checkups and whatnot? And preventive care. Those things still seem useful.

• Options
    *is a wound in the force*
    *talks a force zombie to death*

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

only the best, most primo.

What's the deal with airplane food?

so the old guy said "airplane food is great! Have you ever had food on a train? Neither have I."

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    plorp
    Ludious wrote: »
    Like it's technically not inappropriate to label this conversation as really gay right

Considering I just pictured a towers of Hanoi puzzle where all the game pieces were dudes...no.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    it is better for me to owe 4,000 dollars than 150,000 dollars

but there's definitely a part of my brain that's still like, 4k is not a thing i could deal with i'd probably just default

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2016

It's a common task that can be Google'd. Even if people didn't know how to do it, they shouldn't need someone to walk them through it like babies.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

I have a feeling Puppies would be able to figure it out in about 3 seconds though.

But yeah..

The answer is usually "because I didn't try", with a side dash of "I'm just not good with computers huehuehue"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    diet coke and a little pack of biscoff cookies
    Delta Airlines is the best

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    My version of hell would be trying to teach an old person how to install and map a network printer for all eternity.

Mine would just be showing them how to "log in and check my e-mail"

• Options
    i like plenty of offensive jokes. there are lots of soft guidelines about like, punching up instead of down, time since a tragedy, confidence that you know your audience etc.

but i still sometimes laugh at jokes that break any or all of those.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

3 possibilities right
    -major medical expenses

That's worth it for the piece of mind of not having a 200,000 medical bill if I get hit by a bus.

Impossible to overstate how much a hospital will 100% destroy your life if you don't have insurance.

Any hospital stay for any reason for any length of time. Insurance is worth it, even though it often sucks a lot.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »

but there's definitely a part of my brain that's still like, 4k is not a thing i could deal with i'd probably just default

nah you could work a deal with the hospital. Most hospitals have financial counselors. You just go in lookin real sad, like that picture of you with the gun,ONLY NO GUN, and they will work with you

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    plorp
    Like it's technically not inappropriate to label this conversation as really gay right

Considering I just pictured a towers of Hanoi puzzle where all the game pieces were dudes...no.

Didn't someone get in trouble for that at Guantanamo?

• Options

nah you could work a deal with the hospital. Most hospitals have financial counselors. You just go in lookin real sad, like that picture of you with the gun,ONLY NO GUN, and they will work with you

would they work with me if it were 150k too tho

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

3 possibilities right
    -major medical expenses

I cant afford deductibles, its going to be a while before I just get 2 grand together and stick it in savings

• Options
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    like I get why Democrats have to cheerlead Obamacare, but it's mostly worthless if you can't come up with a significant percentage of your yearly income on a whim before the first dollar of care will be provided by your insurance

and for me, I'm in a position where it will be a long time before I can afford to use health insurance, but I'm going to have to basically take 10% of my income out and burn it for the monthly premium or I'm in violation of the law - forced to pay for care I can't afford to use
    I mean

yeah, if you have a big expense you need to pay your deductible "up front."

But like, shouldn't you still be able to go get checkups and whatnot? And preventive care. Those things still seem useful.

Yes you get 1 free "physical" a year. I think they had to change it to a checkup instead of physical because people were saving issues to bring up and the 15 minute physical turned into a 45 minute doctors appointment. Which the insurance companies decided not to cover.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

3 possibilities right
    -major medical expenses

Impossible to overstate how much a hospital will 100% destroy your life if you don't have insurance.

Any hospital stay for any reason for any length of time. Insurance is worth it, even though it often sucks a lot.

I'm trying to decide whether Medical Bankruptcy or School Shooting is the most American boogeyman

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I can't understand why conservatives defend health insurance so much

it's soooooo baaaaaaaaaad

All I want is a single payer system that gives everyone at least a basic standard of care, but ALSO gives me the opportunity, as someone who does well(ish) for himself, to purchase additional insurance so I'm not waiting two weeks to see a doctor for something minor.

This is how the current system works.

And I can say it was not how the single payer system of Japan worked. For Japan I just went to the doc's office when sick. Waited about 15-30 minutes. No appointment. Saw the doc. Got meds. Paid 5 bucks. Left.

Really switching to single payer fixes part of the healthcare system.

Doesn't help with the destructive cost of med school, lack of general practice providers, lack of doctors and caregivers in rural areas, and a few other things which lead to the whole wait 2 weeks thing.

I can say single payer in Japan was more efficient and got me the test and care I needed with with less waiting than I have received in the US.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    you all should just make more money

919UOwT.png
  • Options

The nice thing about medical expenses is that as long as you're paying something they're mostly just happy they're getting money. Most places I've talked to have been pretty good about working out payment plans. I'm paying down a colonoscopy with 20 dollar a month payments. No interest because it's a medical bill not a loan or anything so while I could pay it off sooner, 20 bucks is really really easy to do. That probably runs out soon at this point, I should check that.

But everyone should definitely get health insurance if possible, way better to have it and not need it than the alternative.

This discussion has been closed.