Options

David [Chat] Pumpkins

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    AH I can't tell if you don't know that the autism awareness symbol is 4 puzzle pieces or not
    Because it is

OH SHIT! I DID NOT KNOW THAT!

MAN NOW I FEEL BAD

I had a feeling the way you worded it was just like you were throwing out a crazy guess

but you guessed so right

but it's also kinda shitty to define your kids by like their favorite activity except your one autistic kid

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Y'all should watch midnight, it is good times. It is not cringy at all which is typically what people think when they hear the premise. It's just a fun time for comedians to joke around about stuff. I love it. Also Chris Hardwick is delightful.

It's one of the few things I miss since I got rid of cable because I don't think it's on Hulu

It's free on comedy central's website! The recent eps at least. http://www.cc.com/shows/-midnight

If I cant pull it up on my PS4 and/or watch it ad free through a paid service I'm not gonna watch it man.

@amateurhour Dammit man it IS on Hulu.

I watch it there every gosh darn day.

oh cool I'll get back into it then

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    it sucked playing CAH with a jewish person who hated jew jokes

like why even play the game

of course everyone had to pretend they were super offended when I played my holocaust joke when she joined mid game and stated to take it easy on the jewish cards

bitch that was half my fucking cards

a) i agree, why play CAH under those circumstances (though I would say why play under any circumstances >:c )
    b) man if somebody asks you to take it easy on the jewish cards i think dropping out of the game, turning in your cards for a new hand, or just submitting losing entries for the rest of the game are all better options than playing a holocaust joke that is going to offend them
    c) bitch is not a very nice word to use as an earnest insult to a lady person!

like 80% of the cards in CAH are holocaust cards

pretending for a moment that that's true, just dumping your holocaust cards over and over again until it becomes clear that the game doesn't work under her restriction still seems like a nicer way to handle things

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    it is better for me to owe 4,000 dollars than 150,000 dollars

but there's definitely a part of my brain that's still like, 4k is not a thing i could deal with i'd probably just default

The nice thing about medical expenses is that as long as you're paying something they're mostly just happy they're getting money. Most places I've talked to have been pretty good about working out payment plans. I'm paying down a colonoscopy with 20 dollar a month payments. No interest because it's a medical bill not a loan or anything so while I could pay it off sooner, 20 bucks is really really easy to do. That probably runs out soon at this point, I should check that.

But everyone should definitely get health insurance if possible, way better to have it and not need it than the alternative.

the problem is if you have a deductable more than like $500, nobody is going to go get things fixed if they're not immediately life-threatening

like oh my back hurts
    I think I need some kinda surgery

technically you can afford it but people don't want to go into debt to do it

they wait it out hoping they just get better, or their insurance might get better

for instance my knee is all kinds of fucked up right now
    I could go to the doctor and spend several hundred just to get referred to a specialst where I spend several hundred more to spend a grand on getting imaging done, and then get the choice of spending thousands on either surgery or physical therapy, or both.

oooor I could just not that and deal and hope I luck into money/baller insurance/we get single-payer

typically a $500 deductible is on a per-year basis and not a per-visit basis

yeah, and typically people have like $3000 deducables

and then if they do any major work they're hitting their $6750 out-of-pocket max

a $500 deductible is a cadillac plan these days

quick google search has the average deductible at $1300

but i was really just trying to clarify something in case that was really keeping you from having your knee looked at is all

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Obsidian is like if Bioware gave a shit

I am p sure bioware gives a shit

I like obsidian too - I have mastered the esoteric arts of liking two similar things at the same time - but I am not thrilled with obsidian seemingly angling themselves hard at the cheetovore crowd who get super mad about "SJWs"

wait whats this now

yes what did obsidian do

did they shit on the floor

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Also I know it's super trendy to hate on CAH in chat now, but this was like.. 5 years ago

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    There was an episode of At Midnight with Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead comics.

Walking dead spoilers:
    They had to make up fake spoilers for a game and he dropped a real one that had not happened yet on the show but had happened in the comics. A brutal, graphic one. The other two people on the panel were on The Walking Dead and their faces were amazing.

Weird Al is on it sometimes and he's pretty good. Also Tom Lennon is my favorite.

Lennon is the producer of the show if you didn't know. Him and Hardwick go WAY back to when Hardwick got sober and stopped hanging with Bob Saget

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    like I get why Democrats have to cheerlead Obamacare, but it's mostly worthless if you can't come up with a significant percentage of your yearly income on a whim before the first dollar of care will be provided by your insurance

and for me, I'm in a position where it will be a long time before I can afford to use health insurance, but I'm going to have to basically take 10% of my income out and burn it for the monthly premium or I'm in violation of the law - forced to pay for care I can't afford to use
    I mean

yeah, if you have a big expense you need to pay your deductible "up front."

But like, shouldn't you still be able to go get checkups and whatnot? And preventive care. Those things still seem useful.

Yeah, your office visits and prescriptions are just on a copay. You don't need to pay 100% of those.

is that true of all the exchange things?

i have to pay 100% of prescription costs and regular office visits until i hit my deductible. the only thing that's on a co-pay before hitting my deductible is preventative care (which in terms of office visits is defined as 1 or maybe 2 visits a year)

*Le googles*

Looks like a lot of bronze plans have shared deductibles - the deductible applies to both drugs and medical services.

I did not know that.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Ok there is this CRAZY indie game on Steam early access called My Summer Car.
    MY SUMMER CAR is the ultimate car owning, building, fixing, tuning, maintenance AND permadeath life survival simulator. You start the game with hundreds of loose parts and assemble both car and engine. Not only you need to maintain your car, but yourself as well. Sausages, beer and sleeping will do just fine.

If everything goes well, you have a working car which you can use for various 1990's Finnish countryside summer activities. Basically doing stupid things under influence of alcohol. After you have gathered extra money from various random jobs, you can start to tune and upgrade the car with parts ordered via snail mail. You can turn the car into a obnoxious bass-boom disco machine.... or into a rally car to participate rally competitions... or just fix it into perfect factory condition. Of course car also needs to pass the inspection or you might get into trouble with police.

Not only you have access to one car, but also several other cars and vehicles which you can use. (Mostly useful to get groceries and for towing the project car from some ditch, again).

Warning, this game is not for fainted heart. Severe car fever is required to play this properly due to it's autistic approach on car building.

Full car assembly with over hundred parts
    Detailed driving and engine simulation
    Various other vehicles, cars and boat to use and drive
    Dozens of kilometers worth of dirt and paved roads with AI traffic
    Random paying jobs to cover food, beverage and fuel expenses
    Rally event to participate in
    Permanent death
    Sauna bathing
    90's Finnish summer!
    Support for steering wheel and shifter controllers
    Much more!

Hmmm, that definitely sounds like a thing I would get.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    it sucked playing CAH with a jewish person who hated jew jokes

like why even play the game

of course everyone had to pretend they were super offended when I played my holocaust joke when she joined mid game and stated to take it easy on the jewish cards

bitch that was half my fucking cards

a) i agree, why play CAH under those circumstances (though I would say why play under any circumstances >:c )
    b) man if somebody asks you to take it easy on the jewish cards i think dropping out of the game, turning in your cards for a new hand, or just submitting losing entries for the rest of the game are all better options than playing a holocaust joke that is going to offend them
    c) bitch is not a very nice word to use as an earnest insult to a lady person!

like 80% of the cards in CAH are holocaust cards

pretending for a moment that that's true, just dumping your holocaust cards over and over again until it becomes clear that the game doesn't work under her restriction still seems like a nicer way to handle things

I think you are not understanding the idea behind CAH, but that's okay.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    wee sent out an email frantically pointing fingers at other people

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    AH I can't tell if you don't know that the autism awareness symbol is 4 puzzle pieces or not
    Because it is

OH SHIT! I DID NOT KNOW THAT!

MAN NOW I FEEL BAD

I had a feeling the way you worded it was just like you were throwing out a crazy guess

but you guessed so right

but it's also kinda shitty to define your kids by like their favorite activity except your one autistic kid

yeah cause you know Kennis doesn't like puzzles

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    desc wrote: »
    Cheetovore

I cannot take credit/blame for that one

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    healthcare [chat] is making me feel like i should sit down again with my healthcare plan and have someone explain it very slowly, with examples, so that i don't get screwed when i go for medical procedures

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Kennis isn't even a name

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    It might be time to lose 7 days of my life to Stardew Valley again

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I don't understand how my workplace health insurance plan costs more than my individual marketplace plan when they're supposed to be subsidizing part of it

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Also I know it's super trendy to hate on CAH in chat now, but this was like.. 5 years ago

Is it? I thought they've been good at pruning the problematic cards over time and doing cool stuff

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Ok there is this CRAZY indie game on Steam early access called My Summer Car.
    MY SUMMER CAR is the ultimate car owning, building, fixing, tuning, maintenance AND permadeath life survival simulator. You start the game with hundreds of loose parts and assemble both car and engine. Not only you need to maintain your car, but yourself as well. Sausages, beer and sleeping will do just fine.

If everything goes well, you have a working car which you can use for various 1990's Finnish countryside summer activities. Basically doing stupid things under influence of alcohol. After you have gathered extra money from various random jobs, you can start to tune and upgrade the car with parts ordered via snail mail. You can turn the car into a obnoxious bass-boom disco machine.... or into a rally car to participate rally competitions... or just fix it into perfect factory condition. Of course car also needs to pass the inspection or you might get into trouble with police.

Not only you have access to one car, but also several other cars and vehicles which you can use. (Mostly useful to get groceries and for towing the project car from some ditch, again).

Warning, this game is not for fainted heart. Severe car fever is required to play this properly due to it's autistic approach on car building.

Full car assembly with over hundred parts
    Detailed driving and engine simulation
    Various other vehicles, cars and boat to use and drive
    Dozens of kilometers worth of dirt and paved roads with AI traffic
    Random paying jobs to cover food, beverage and fuel expenses
    Rally event to participate in
    Permanent death
    Sauna bathing
    90's Finnish summer!
    Support for steering wheel and shifter controllers
    Much more!

Hmmm, that definitely sounds like a thing I would get.

Its really weird

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'd figure Kennis probably doesn't like his parents.

Jesus that's like a kid named Kasen at my kids daycare. Jesus people don't name your kid like a star wars character.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

how could u do this to me

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    it is better for me to owe 4,000 dollars than 150,000 dollars

but there's definitely a part of my brain that's still like, 4k is not a thing i could deal with i'd probably just default

The nice thing about medical expenses is that as long as you're paying something they're mostly just happy they're getting money. Most places I've talked to have been pretty good about working out payment plans. I'm paying down a colonoscopy with 20 dollar a month payments. No interest because it's a medical bill not a loan or anything so while I could pay it off sooner, 20 bucks is really really easy to do. That probably runs out soon at this point, I should check that.

But everyone should definitely get health insurance if possible, way better to have it and not need it than the alternative.

the problem is if you have a deductable more than like $500, nobody is going to go get things fixed if they're not immediately life-threatening

like oh my back hurts
    I think I need some kinda surgery

technically you can afford it but people don't want to go into debt to do it

they wait it out hoping they just get better, or their insurance might get better

for instance my knee is all kinds of fucked up right now
    I could go to the doctor and spend several hundred just to get referred to a specialst where I spend several hundred more to spend a grand on getting imaging done, and then get the choice of spending thousands on either surgery or physical therapy, or both.

oooor I could just not that and deal and hope I luck into money/baller insurance/we get single-payer

typically a $500 deductible is on a per-year basis and not a per-visit basis

yeah, and typically people have like $3000 deducables

and then if they do any major work they're hitting their $6750 out-of-pocket max

a $500 deductible is a cadillac plan these days

quick google search has the average deductible at $1300

but i was really just trying to clarify something in case that was really keeping you from having your knee looked at is all

Oh I know how it all works.

But yeah, it's like.

$6000 you can put on an easy payment plan with the hospital is crappy, but it's workable enough for if you need emergent care.

But even a grand deductible? You're not gonna drop that unless you have to drop that.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Kennis isn't even a name

Kennis "Cheetovore" Swilson

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    my initial enthusiasm for my healthcare plan has been dampened. i like my sub 1,000 dollar deductible but a 20% co-insurance for basically everything! fuck

what happened to like the 10 or 20 dollar copays my family had when going for stuff

i guess they were on medicare which is much better

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Kennis isn't even a name

dennis kucinich's nickname

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chat is the only physical or ethereal place in the universe where I have seen people not love CaH.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    My current places insurance is good enough I'll probably never leave

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »

Is it? I thought they've been good at pruning the problematic cards over time and doing cool stuff

last I knew a whole bunch of people were doing the "it's a stupid boring game after playing it once" thing

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Trying to talk your parents through programming their logitech harmony remote over the phone.

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »

people like some of their initiatives but generally it's shittalked in chat as a horrible game

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I think it's funny that it's trendy to hate on CAH in here now because I remember when it was super popular and we played it online, and I'm not even talking years and years ago

but eh, truth is some games are just fun until they're not. I think CAH is funny but it also can get old quickly. I feel like CAH would best fit in a word game tournament along with quiplash and some others

• Options
    Trying to talk your parents through programming their logitech harmony remote over the phone.

select the pistol, then, select your parents

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »

how could u do this to me
    anything to save face
    *throws Neco under a bus*

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    There was an episode of At Midnight with Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead comics.

Walking dead spoilers:
    They had to make up fake spoilers for a game and he dropped a real one that had not happened yet on the show but had happened in the comics. A brutal, graphic one. The other two people on the panel were on The Walking Dead and their faces were amazing.

Weird Al is on it sometimes and he's pretty good. Also Tom Lennon is my favorite.

Lennon is the producer of the show if you didn't know. Him and Hardwick go WAY back to when Hardwick got sober and stopped hanging with Bob Saget

Saget was on the show recently!

• Options
    i still very much enjoy CAH for a few hours. if it goes on for too long in one night it loses its luster tho.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    My long term healthcare strategy is to pretend everything is fine until I die of a heart attack in 3 years

• Options
    I think tempkin is kind of a huge asshat which is one of the reasons I don't really like CAH

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah for me I have no issue with the offensiveness of CAH, just if I'm playing a game with friends I'd prefer it to be more gamey. I mean I can be offensive as fuck without the help of cards.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.