Options

[The Game Awards] and [PlayStation Experience] 2016

• Options
    Harbringer197Harbringer197 Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    why do people like to do things with Milkensen's eyes?

is there some fetish I'm not aware.... wait don't answer that i don't need to know.

Harbringer197 on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Yeah out of all of the awards I was most disappointed with the GOTY prize being given to Overwatch. It's a good game, a great game, even, but directly compared to some of those other games it is a flawed, flawed package.

I would have conceded that it probably has the stronger multiplayer (enough to win that award, at least), but I feel games like DOOM and Titanfall 2 deserved that GOTY spot much more

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    That Mass Effect tho...! Ho-lee Shee-it! I want it, and I want it now!

Also, SFV won best fighter? Early Access scam games are eligible for awards now?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular

I love that he's still not over it.

Because he shouldn't be. No one should be.

Fuck Konami.

• Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Highlights of the show:
    • First Zelda trailer (it's bad that the trailer was better than the gameplay demo... real bad)
    • Death Stranding trailer
    • That Dragon, Cancer
    • Live Doom soundtrack
    • Mass Effect: Andromeda trailer
    I still feel like Death Stranding is allegorically about Konami killing Silent Hills (and/or killing his internal studio, or at least taking it away from him). So far we've had both Reedus and del Toro(!) clutching a baby, with Reedus weeping for it and Del Toro trying to save it? I thought this from the first trailer (where the five godlike beings over the horizon were MGS I-V), but it feels like this one really cements it. Looked like Mads was playing the Konami boss, ordering his undead minions around. Kojima saying very plainly on stage "I thought I'd lost everything."

And a "FUCK KONAMI" tweet from del Toro while linking the Death Stranding trailer? None of this is subtle at all.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    Death Stranding has my full attention from here on out. I adore Mads Mikkelsen.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    and in a hilarious turn of events, Youtube is being its usually shitty self and has muted the video of last nights stream due to copyright violations.

http://www.thejimquisition.com/lets-take-a-moment-to-laugh-at-contentid-fucking-up-the-game-awards/
    We’ve spoken in exhaustive detail about the utter ridiculousness of ContentID and how it’s abused by companies who disrespect Fair Use on YouTube.

Now we have perhaps the most beautiful example of the automated copyright detection system working in all its fuckheaded glory. Last night’s stream of The Game Advertisements is currently muted due to ContentID’s robotic detection and silencing of allegedly copyrighted audio.

One assumes that a corporate-sponsored, highly expensive professional affair like The Game Advertisements acquired the rights to any music it may have used. In fact, there’s no way Keighley’s production wouldn’t have done so.

This matters not to a system designed without the ability to appreciate context or respect peoples’ rights. ContentID just marched right in and silenced the entire VOD.

And that’s fucking hilarious.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Oh Youtube... you beautiful piece of garbage.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    "Fair use" and "Youtube" is an utter oxymoron.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I don't know whether to say "Fuck Konami for keeping Kojima from being this creative by forcing him to work on Metal Gear" or "Thank you, Konami, for fucking up so badly that Kojima gets to truly let loose now."

It might be both. Death Stranding is capturing my attention like no other game for a long, long time. I absolutely love how they are pushing this concept of the creative process/"giving birth" and what appears to be the struggle to keep it alive. It's just so fucking perfect.

I swear to god, this would be a game to get me to buy a PS4 Pro and a 4K HDR TV. You know it's going to look like nothing else out there.

• Options
    Death Stranding exists because Konami simultaneously fucked over two of my favorite franchises, one which was getting the absolute best revival it ever could have hoped for.

Even if DS is as fantastic as it looks, it wasn't worth the sacrifice.

• Options
    and once again, proof if ever you needed it that The Simpsons has indeed done it,

• Options
    so this just dropped,
    https://youtu.be/veX1cSd-xpE

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Oh I am all over that, one of the shortest point and clicks but one of my favourites.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    yeah Full Throttle was a ton of fun and am really looking forward to the remastered version. wonder what LucasArts game they've got planned for after it.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Oh I am all over that, one of the shortest point and clicks but one of my favourites.

tbh that was one of its charms, and one of the reasons I still have trouble finishing Grim Fandango. Short, sweet, minimum of the truly bullshit puzzles.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    yeah Full Throttle was a ton of fun and am really looking forward to the remastered version. wonder what LucasArts game they've got planned for after it.

That's if they've got any more planned, as Full Throttle is the last one Tim Schafer was largely involved in. Hopefully they keep going though, Curse of Monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island need to get remastered next, since they're not available at all any more (as far as I'm aware anyway). Then maybe they could do the Indy games.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Dunno if it would even be possible to get the rights to, but I think I'd totally be all for a HD version of Afterlife.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Dunno if it would even be possible to get the rights to, but I think I'd totally be all for a HD version of Afterlife.

well its a LucasArtrs game just like the rest, so as long as LucasFilm/Disney are happy with them working on it there shouldn't be a rights issue. it might be a bit to niche though.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Sam and Max was one of my favourites but that wasn't schafer was it? I'd still love to see it remastered, though to be fair it still stands up remarkably well.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Sam and Max was one of my favourites but that wasn't schafer was it? I'd still love to see it remastered, though to be fair it still stands up remarkably well.

Sam & Max is a tricky on. LucasArts own the rights to game i'm sure, but the actual Sam & Max property is owned by creator Steve Purcell, who currently works at Pixar*. assuming they need his say for a remastered version i can't imagine him saying no, but it could be an extra hope they need to jump through. i do think its a strong contender for the next remaster though.

*he was the assistant director on Brave.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I'll take The Dig, please.

• Options
    I'm trying to temper my expectations, but it's been one year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc

It's time once again.

Even if it isn't, there's still the high possibility of Kingdom Hearts III, Marvel vs Capcom 4, more PS1/PS2 titles added to PS4, and who knows what else.

I am hype.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    "Fair use" and "Youtube" is an utter oxymoron.

I think you mean "allowance of Fair Use"

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Started with Uncharted 5.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Man, I hate myself.
    "Okay, this looks a lot like Uncharted, but who would serve as a playable female character? That's obviously not Elena....

(reveals to be Chloe, aka Best Girl)

Should have been obvious from second 1 of that trailer.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Oh jesus fuck, we have screamy lady in full effect. Please, someone shut her up. Or turn the crowd noise down.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Marvel versus Capcom. Crowd went nuts when Megaman's boots got on the screen.

reVerse on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    MEGAMAN!!!!

(X)

STILL AWESOME!!!!

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »
    Marvel versus Capcom 5. Crowd went nuts when Megaman's boots got on the screen.

MvC 4 :) Though they are calling it infinite, and MVC3 releases on PS4 today, so that's a thing. You can buy MVC3 again.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Wipeout Collection for PS4, and then they show the lame ass Sparrow racing for Destiny.

• Options
    Final RE7 demo today, in VR!

This is going to be a fun night.

• Options
    Oh hey, Ace Combat 7. Looking forward to that as a flight sim guy. I know it's not a "sim", but it's always been a lot of fun with awesome jets.

• Options
  • Options
    HA HA HA HA OKAY, WELL PLAYED.

More Knack, why not.

• Options
    A little early for a Knack HD Remaster, no?

• Options
    Ni no kuni was a pretty fun game. I'll play a second one.

• Options
    Yoooo Ni No Kuni II looks dope.