Options

[The Game Awards] and [PlayStation Experience] 2016

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    This guy should have a barbwired baseball bat with him.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Ni no kuni was a pretty fun game. I'll play a second one.

If they fixed the AI problems I had with the first game I'm all in. Seriously that was a beautiful game

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Yakuza 6 AND Kiwami!!!!1! Fucking awesome.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Aw come on, I just finally finished the first Yakuza :(

• Options
    UUURRRGGGGH NIER 2 DEMO IN THE COMING WEEKS COME OONNNNNN

• Options
    UUURRRGGGGH NIER 2 DEMO IN THE COMING WEEKS COME OONNNNNN

And a March release date.

Holy shit at Ys being featured at a western conference.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    PS4nime time!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Man, I never in a million years would have expected Ys to get a mention in this thing...or anywhere.

I bet 3/4 of the audience looked at each other and went "What's Ys?".

Alternatively, "Oh, it's pronounced 'Ees?' I always said 'Why Es'."

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Whoa wait Let it Die is free? And out today?

.....I still don't even know what that game is.

• Options
    Fuck I hope the Super Best Friends are livestreaming this.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Windjammers.

• Options
    WIND

JAMMEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSS

• Options
    End of February is not "a couple more weeks", dude.

Wish they'd at least give us a demo for Horizon.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Why yes, I would like to play another Last of Us. Thank you for asking.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yoooo Ni No Kuni II looks dope.

ni no two ni

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    The scars on Ellie hit me. . .shivers. Joel this is your fault.

Also, naming this "Part II" I dig. "The Last of Us 2" is just tacky; Part II makes it just a continuation of the characters we know. I'm fine also if they kept it with the seasons like last game.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    The massive amount of people who said "even if they make a TLoU sequel it won't have the same characters in it"....

Like that was ever going to be a doubt.

• Options
    Also I guess LET IT DIE is available Today. . .just not now.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »

Also, naming this "Part II" I dig. "The Last of Us 2" is just tacky; Part II makes it just a continuation of the characters we know. I'm fine also if they kept it with the seasons like last game.
    Yeah if ONLY she was a corpse with her head split open, failed trial number 5 of 5. That would sure be better... pfft

• Options
    Even though I was denied my personal most wanted showings, this might have been better than their E3 conference this year.

There was rarely a moment where I wanted to check my phone: I was pretty much interested and/or fully attentive at everything they showed here. I lost track of the number of titles where I went "Yeah that looks neat, I want it".

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Well, no FF7, Bloodborne 2, or From Software reveal.

Still an incredible show.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Has anyone been able to find the stuff available today on the store yet? I'm guessing they won't have the store updated until 2ish pacific like every Tuesday.

• Options
    Well that was an amazing conference. Plenty of big AAA games but a ton of niche Japanese and indie games that'd never make it into a big E3 conference too.

• Options
    ED! wrote: »

Yeah if ONLY she was a corpse with her head split open, failed trial number 5 of 5. That would sure be better... pfft

Still his fault.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Oooh, new uploads on YouTube, whatta we got? Oh sweet Uncharted... DLC? Starring Chloe, cool! Well, that was neat, what else we-OHMYGODLASTOFUSPART2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dies*

Fuck yeah! Slightly disappointed they're sticking with Joel and Ellie, but still looks great. It's like being disappointed that you got a piece of raspberry cheesecake instead of strawberry.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Someone is already floating around a theory that joel is dead and Ellie is just having Joel hallucinations on her quest for revenge.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Wow, Last of Us 2.

I trust Naughty Dog to make a great game, because that's kind of their thing, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed that they're following the same characters after that perfect ending.
    A man loses his daughter, his heart turns to stone as he struggles to survive in the apocalypse, learns to love a surrogate daughter again after resisting it so long, and then, upon facing the decision between loosing another daughter or watching the world's last hope disappear, chooses her, and speaks the lie that may end the world. Cut to black.

You couldn't ask for a better stopping point.. I hope Last of Us 2 doesn't end up in the same spot as Telltale's Walking Dead Season 2, with that beautiful ambiguity smashed to pieces.

(Edited to fix spoiler marks, haven't used those in a while, pardon.)

Darlan on
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Ok Naughty Dog, you can have all my money.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    Beezel wrote: »
    Someone is already floating around a theory that joel is dead and Ellie is just having Joel hallucinations on her quest for revenge.

Well, it's not too crazy of a theory.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Darlan wrote: »
    Wow, Last of Us 2.

I trust Naughty Dog to make a great game, because that's kind of their thing, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed that they're following the same characters after that perfect ending.
    A man loses his daughter, his heart turns to stone as he struggles to survive in the apocalypse, learns to love a surrogate daughter again after resisting it so long, and then, upon facing the decision between loosing another daughter or watching the world's last hope disappear, chooses her, and speaks the lie that may end the world. Cut to black.

You couldn't ask for a better stopping point.. I hope Last of Us 2 doesn't end up in the same spot as Telltale's Walking Dead Season 2, with that beautiful ambiguity smashed to pieces.

(Edited to fix spoiler marks, haven't used those in a while, pardon.)

Meh. The ending could still be ambiguous. And if Joel dies suddenly at any point, or is dead (silly schlocky theory, but not totally bad) the secret is still there. It is a waste of creativity to just leave that world on the table. Could they have gone with some other character; maybe. However clearly there's still meat on Joel and Ellie's bones.

• Options
    Beezel wrote: »

Fucking internet.

• Options
    Reznik wrote: »
    Ok Naughty Dog, you can have all my money.

Naughty Dog gets my money by default. Like, I trust em enough to just preorder anything they make, even if I only know the title of the game and nothing else.

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    The sequel might be wonderful, but there's no good reason to go back to The Last of Us. That first game is sublime and tells a complete, damn near perfect story.

It's video games, it was successful, this was inevitable, still disappointing. Just let a horse rest every once in a while, industry.

• Options
    The sequel might be wonderful, but there's no good reason to go back to The Last of Us. That first game is sublime and tells a complete, damn near perfect story.

It's video games, it was successful, this was inevitable, still disappointing. Just let a horse rest every once in a while, industry.

Well, there's practically an infinite amount of stories they could tell in TLoU's universe. I would've preferred new characters, but if Naughty Dog feels like there is more to tell with Joel and Ellie, I'm willing to give em a shot! I understand what you mean, though.

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    I complain, but I'm sure I'll play it and it'll probably be great. I'm just finally starting to get chafed by stories that never end across all media. And it was such a wonderful ending.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The Uncharted DLC looks super rad, Chloe and Nadine sounds great

I super don't care about TLOU's garbage story and I definitely didn't want to see those characters ever again (or indeed, a sequel at all) so that trailer just sucked the life out of me

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

You could always not play the sequel. :P

I'd like to think Naughty Dog has a bit more autonomy/creative freedom than just churning out a sequel because, too. I also have confidence in their ability to come up with interesting, appropriate stories. Until I'm shown otherwise, I'm going to be optimistic about this one.

Neil Druckmann: “Like many of you, we have a deep love for the world of The Last of Us and its characters, and while a sequel may have seemed like a foregone conclusion, that wasn’t the case. We knew that it needed to be a story worth telling and, perhaps more importantly, a story worthy of Joel and Ellie. After spending years on different ideas (and almost giving up), we finally uncovered a story that felt special — a story that evolved into an epic journey.”

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    With their whole "Part II" using roman numerals and everything, I feel like this is a nod to the Godfather.

And you know what? Godfather Part I was a beautiful masterpiece of cinema and storytelling, just like The Last of Us was in video games. And Godfather Part II was an incredible movie too. This gives me hope that there could be another absolutely amazing The Last of Us sequel staring Joel and Ellie.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    That's actually fitting

Because I may be the only Godfather fan (the first is my favorite film of all time) who just doesn't think Part II was that good, and is wholly unnecessary

You know everything you need to know about Vito's life by the end of the first film, and you learn exactly how ruthless Michael is. Everything in the second film that expands on those things is completely superfluous

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    The Uncharted DLC looks super rad, Chloe and Nadine sounds great

I super don't care about TLOU's garbage story and I definitely didn't want to see those characters ever again (or indeed, a sequel at all) so that trailer just sucked the life out of me

Yeah, hearing about a new The Last of Us just kinda gets nothing from me. At the end of the day, it was a game I didn't enjoy playing. Cool for everyone that wants it, I guess, but I'll just be waiting for the next thing from Naughty Dog.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!