Options

Nintendo Switch: March 2017

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    One feature I think would be really important from a portability standpoint. I'm hoping there is a decent suspend play option.

Road Block on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Yeah there just isn't enough characters to warrant that.

Nintendo Warriors, however, would be fantastic.

But you know what DOES have enough characters??
    F-ZERO WARRIORS

sig.gif
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I don't think it sounds like a good fit at all.

And what is with her attitude? You leak a lot of info that is likely correct, is reported on extensively, and prior to when Nintendo planned to put it out there in January and act like you are upset they blacklisted you?

I don't know if it's surprised attitude. It's just that she sat on some stories rather than reporting them because she thought she'd be able to preserve the Nintendo relationship. Now it's gone, so release all of it.

She also tweeted she wasn't really upset by it and that she expected it, so there's that. But I don't really know how she would be able to preserve any kind of relationship with Nintendo (or even what kind of relationship she hoped to have) after putting this all out there to begin with.

It is certainly her right and I don't begrudge her, but still, Nintendo having a somewhat harsh response to this doesn't seem too unreasonable, I feel.

edzepp on
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular

F-ZERO WARRIORS

I like the way you think.
    We need to finally admit that Metroid and F-Zero are in the same universe, as they exist in the same space Federation. Plus I really love the idea of fighting masses of Metroids, with some levels where you are in an F-Zero vehicle running them all down trying to reach a checkpoint in time. And space pirates.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Starfox x F-Zero x Metroid?

The universe is expanding!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    What is there to report on the "thinking behind it"?

We already know the thinking is "we want people to buy each of our games at least three times, and we've only sold these ones once"

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

If that's what it takes to get F-Zero on a new console I'll take it.

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular

I'm telling you. Smash Bros Double Pack for 60 bucks with Smash 4 complete and Melee HD. It would make sense for them to sell the other Wii U ports for 40 or so but this gives them a legit way to resell Smash at full price without complaints.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »

I'm telling you. Smash Bros Double Pack for 60 bucks with Smash 4 complete and Melee HD. It would make sense for them to sell the other Wii U ports for 40 or so but this gives them a legit way to resell Smash at full price without complaints.

An HD version is rather a bit more than a port. All the VC games run at their original resolutions internally, afaik.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Frem wrote: »
    eelektrik wrote: »

An HD version is rather a bit more than a port. All the VC games run at their original resolutions internally, afaik.

N64 is up-ressed. I could imagine Gamecube being as well honestly. It's a pretty easy thing for them to do (assuming there aren't performance issues with it, since Gamecube is quite a bit more detailed than low-poly N64). Though I'm not sure I would call this "HD" since it's just smoothing out the jaggies on the models, but it's better than running everything at 640x480 :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I'd be very surprised if Nintendo sold Melee and 4 together, even with the continued hardcore Melee scene. They pretty much abandoned giving away free games of yore when Virtual Console came out.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular

F-ZERO WARRIORS

I would play this for the music alone.

• Options

F-ZERO WARRIORS

You guys are forgetting the game with even more characters (albeit generic ones):
    Pikmin Warriors!

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Super Mario Sunshine on the go, F*** yes!

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    2 smash games
    Smash 4
    Smash Warriors

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Oh my god now I want Mario Warriors.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Oh my god now I want Mario Warriors.

I'm just sayin'... I got a long list of dream Warriors games that I need TK to make. They need to hit me up!

Or I just need to win the lottery so I can stroll into their offices with a dollar-sign sack full of money and say "Yo... I got some shit-hot ideas!"

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Mushroom Kingdom Warriors was one of the ideas specifically mentioned by Koei Tecmo when they were asked what other Nintendo collaborations they'd be interested in. Though it seems like they went with Star Fox instead. I'm guessing the Rabbids crossover was already in the works by then, and Nintendo didn't want too many Mario crossovers happening at once.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Nintendo didn't want too many Mario crossovers.

I was surprised to hear these words.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Roe wrote: »

"happening at once."

They obviously have no problems with Mario on Mario crossovers lol.

I'm expecting the next Mario RPG to be a crossover with the various 'generations' of Mario.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edited December 2016

"happening at once."

I'm expecting the next Mario RPG to be a crossover with the various 'generations' of Mario.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQBRVt5Zb0oBmnys9mZ2cR6vVnWzWLfpUOLnRYKUlbrMNfXFKz

(also they kind of just did this with Paper Jam :P)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Mario Generations would be fucking awesome!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I thought Mario Maker was Mario Generations, kinda.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

"happening at once."

Or, like, freaking rabbids

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Starfox x F-Zero x Metroid?

The universe is expanding!

Okay but which one is Wei, which one is Shu, and which one is Wu

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I thought Mario Maker was Mario Generations, kinda.

I would prefer an official Nintendo created adventure spanning all the different Mario generations. Not a million user created Kaizo levels...

• Options
    ShadowBladeShadowBlade Registered User regular
    Was the original Mario RPG not enough of a "success"? I know the PAPER's are a spin off, but I am shocked we never got a true NINTENDO RPG in the vein of that first Mario RPG. After SMASH came out and was... a SMASH, I was certain we'd have had one of those by now.

I guess they TRIED it (barely) with the Subspace Emissary in Brawl, but awesome cut-scenes aside, it was a piss poor substitute. Just made me want a good one all the more.

This world needs a new philosophy. No more, "Could be worse..." I say SHOULD BE BETTER!
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Are you familiar with the Mario & Luigi RPGs? Those are the direct descendants of the original Mario RPG. They were all portable, but I assume the next one will be moving over to Switch now.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Yeah the Mario & Luigi games are excellent, but honestly the Paper games don't even feel like a spinoff. Thousand Year Door is still the best Mario RPG. Similar sorts of mechanics as the original RPG in many ways.

The Paper games themselves have been spun off with some of the recent releases, though.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    I think he was proposing a Nintendo RPG and not just a Mario RPG. Something like Mushroom Kingdom Hearts which includes all 1st party franchises.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    DID SOMEBODY SAY MUSHROOM KINGDOM HEARTS

The idea of a Nintendo/Disney collab in that style is still something I want on a base level

Hell yeah let's see Maleficent and Ganondorf have evil sorcery teamups

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    When people bring up the idea of a Warriors game with Nintendo characters, I'm reminded of this guy's work: http://shop.ukiyoeheroes.com/collections/giclee-prints

Like, rather than a direct continuity crossover, set it in a faux-Japan with kingdoms and mercenary groups based on the major properties.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    When people bring up the idea of a Warriors game with Nintendo characters, I'm reminded of this guy's work: http://shop.ukiyoeheroes.com/collections/giclee-prints

Like, rather than a direct continuity crossover, set it in a faux-Japan with kingdoms and mercenary groups based on the major properties.
    Now I also want Nintendo Conquest.

• Options
    Was the original Mario RPG not enough of a "success"? I know the PAPER's are a spin off, but I am shocked we never got a true NINTENDO RPG in the vein of that first Mario RPG. After SMASH came out and was... a SMASH, I was certain we'd have had one of those by now.

I guess they TRIED it (barely) with the Subspace Emissary in Brawl, but awesome cut-scenes aside, it was a piss poor substitute. Just made me want a good one all the more.

This may happen, but it the original Mario RPG was built with Squaresoft. I think they never forgave echother over the whole SNES CD/Playstation debacle for their respective choices at that time in the industry. The whole thing is likely gnarled in rights issues of the original characters in the Legend of the Seven Stars, and until Nintendo and Squaresoft can get locked in a room until they love eachother enough again, it's just not going to happen.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Well it's not like they haven't worked together recently. Bravely Default was released for the 3ds, as well as all the Dragon Quest stuff for both 3ds and WiiU

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Well it's not like they haven't worked together recently. Bravely Default was released for the 3ds, as well as all the Dragon Quest stuff for both 3ds and WiiU

Sure, but Super Mario RPG came from a much, much cozier time, when Square developed for Nintendo and little else.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Total War: Mushroom Kingdom

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Total War: Mushroom Kingdom

I'd buy it.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
This discussion has been closed.