Options

The Trump Administration Thread For Discussing the Trump Administration

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Gundi wrote: »
    Tomorrow:
    "Enterprise, four to beam up. Obama out." shhhhhng

Oh hells no. You can't leave me with these fuckers Obama, take me with you!

Obama - "My twelve year mission to study human life on this planet to see if you are ready for integration into the galactic community has come to an end. Unfortunately you have proved yourself to be a crude and brutish people capable of inflicting pain for no purpose and only motivated by greed. As such you have been designated a class zero or toxic intelligence and will be exterminated in three weeks. Obama out!"

Trump - "I told you that birth certificate was a fake! I was right all along!"

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Panda4You wrote: »
    OBUMMER GONNA ABOLISH THEM CONSTITUTIONS, BECOME EMPEROR OF AMERICA AND BAN GUNS FOREVER
    JUST AS I KNEW HE WOULD

Yeah, alright. I'm down.

The Emperor protects.

Trump has a Golden Throne.
    It's the best throne. You wouldn't believe it. The people who made it, they're top people.
    And it's better than Obama's throne.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    Hoz wrote: »
    I have this dreadful feeling that the 2020 Democratic primary will become a repugnant clown car of political opportunists that kneecaps any enthusiasm for the eventual Democratic nominee.

You know what, even with the given situation, I shouldn't be such a pessimist. Worse comes to worst, I can always become an alcoholic.

Clown car is utterly unimportant. This season proves that anyone can win the election. Trump was a terrible candidate. All we need is any white dude, ideally someone with a good speaking voice and a very short political history. Ideally also handsome.

Yes, I no longer give a crap how good a president they will be. Well just make sure they appoint a strong cabinet.

As for tomorrow, I'm sure it will be a firm statement like this.

Trump knew
    Trump was the intended beneficiary
    Here is oceans of proof
    Russia has attacked us
    Vote was legal
    Trump is president
    Trump should punish Russia for their actions
    Ciao

This is a strategy which works on republicans not democrats. Not on that scale.

There is no Democratic Trump. Never will be.

I don't think you realise how weird Trump is as a candidate. It's going to be next to impossible finding the next obama while it is impossible to find our own Trump.

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Obama to announce a Twitter survey:

Should I remain as @POTUS for another term?

A. Yes
    B. No
    C. Abolish the Federal Government

Unfortunately, due to russian twitter bots, the federal government will now be abolished

I mean, I'd be alright with that. CA's state government is pretty together these days and it would mean not moving to Florida so--

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    august wrote: »

I am by no means an expert, but that sounds ethically if not legally dubious...

Plush ambassadorships (to say, the Cayman Islands, Jamaica, etc) are traded for favors (usually fundraising) all the time. If not explicitly, it is definitely implied.

Right.

Though this seems like a notably stupid spot to waste political clout.

Not having an A-list act at the innaguration would be Trump's first visible failure as President.

It's an inauguration! A continuation of a mostly considered solemn and sacred duty to perform as the leader of the goddamned country. It's not a fucking concert on the Mall in the middle of summer.

ARGH I hate this man so goddamned much.

"i solemnly swear to only uphold the parts of the constitution that I understand and all that other mumbojumbo, let's bring on Scott Baio and Mitt Romney's Dancing Pony!"

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

Plush ambassadorships (to say, the Cayman Islands, Jamaica, etc) are traded for favors (usually fundraising) all the time. If not explicitly, it is definitely implied.

Right.

Not having an A-list act at the innaguration would be Trump's first visible failure as President.

It's an inauguration! A continuation of a mostly considered solemn and sacred duty to perform as the leader of the goddamned country. It's not a fucking concert on the Mall in the middle of summer.

"i solemnly swear to only uphold the parts of the constitution that I understand and all that other mumbojumbo, let's bring on Scott Baio and Mitt Romney's Dancing Pony!"

Obama had a concert two days before the inauguration. Beyonce, Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, among others played. There was a Bruce/Pete Seeger rendition of "This Land Is Your Land" with the subversive verses, which is why I remember it.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    Full pardon for Snowden and just let Trump deal with the aftermath there, caught between his Putin-loving fascist bootlicks and the Republican security establishment who want to see Snowden hanging from the end of a rope.

The twist: Snowden was actually deep cover, and has proof of Trump-Putin collusion.

I have a pretty concise theory about this that's getting posted in the conspiracy thread the second he's out of Russia.

• Options

Right.

That's not true, lonelyahava. Romney's not going to loan him Rafalca.

• Options

Right.

Obama had a concert two days before the inauguration. Beyonce, Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, among others played. There was a Bruce/Pete Seeger rendition of "This Land Is Your Land" with the subversive verses, which is why I remember it.

Everyone knows Hollywood leans Democrat.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Right.

Key phrase there.

Before.

Not the day of.

Look, I'm doing my best to not fall into utter despair by trying to not get too worked up about the larger, more pressing threats.

Let me be cranky about the smaller existential ones.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    oldmanken wrote: »
    So apparently Pete King met with Trump today, I wonder what they discussed?

Great Odin's fucking beard

What the fuck!?

Concentration camps before 2019. Who's taking my bet?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

What the fuck!?

I refuse to acknowledge this possibility.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

What the fuck!?

That hasn't helped much in 2016

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

What the fuck!?

I had a series of words that I am not saying on this forum before the word refuse.

Japanese internment was a large enough blemish on our history. I would hope that there are enough people who would not want to see that happen again. Rhetoric is one thing but direct action is something drastic.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

What the fuck!?

I had a series of words that I am not saying on this forum before the word refuse.

Japanese internment was a large enough blemish on our history. I would hope that there are enough people who would not want to see that happen again. Rhetoric is one thing but direct action is something drastic.

Didn't one of Trumps people come out and say, "you know, the japanese internment wasn't a terrible idea"?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

What the fuck!?
    It's not unpossible?

Panda4You on
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

What the fuck!?

Didn't one of Trumps people come out and say, "you know, the japanese internment wasn't a terrible idea"?

And Megyn Kelly kinda freaked out about that, yeah.

But with useless media and foreign influenced online discourse, public opinion becomes what the loudest trolls say. If you don't change that, much darker times will be upon us all

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Spoit wrote: »

What the fuck!?

That was Trump.
    "You're increasingly being compared to Hitler," ABC News' George Stephanopoulos said during an interview with Trump on "Good Morning America" Tuesday. "Does that give you any pause at all?"

No," Trump responded, "because what I am doing is no different than what FDR -- FDR's solution for Germans, Italians, Japanese, you know, many years ago."

Stephanopoulos jumped in as Trump kept talking: "So you're for internment camps?"

"This is a president who is highly respected by all," Trump said of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. "He did the same thing -- if you look at what he was doing, it was far worse."

"We are now at war," Trump said. "We have a president that doesn't want to say that, but we are now at war."

"I've got to press you on that, sir,"Stephanopoulos said. "So you're praising FDR there, I take it you're praising the setting up of internment camps for Japanese during World War II?"

"No, I'm not," Trump responded. "No, I'm not. No, I'm not."

Trump then rattled off the numbers of some of the presidential proclamations Roosevelt issued "having to do with alien Germans, alien Italians, alien Japanese."

"They went through a whole list of things -- they couldn't go five miles from their homes, they weren't allowed to use radios, flashlights," Trump said. "Take a look at what FDR did many years ago, and he's one of the most highly respected presidents... They named highways after him."

Stephanopoulos responded: "You want to bring back policies like that?"

After a pause, Trump responded: "No, I don't to bring it back, George. At all. I don't like doing it at all. It's a temporary measure until our representatives, many of whom are grossly incompetent, until our representatives can figure out what's going on.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/12/08/donald-trump-says-he-is-not-bothered-by-comparisons-to-hitler/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.681791a22667

Taramoor on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    "I don't want to bring them back.

I mean, I will, but it's just temporary.

Promise."

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I hate the "FDR did it and you guys love him" argument so much.

It's literally the most criticized decision of his entire administration.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    fucking jesus

he's gonna bring the draft back isn't he.

• Options
    Trace wrote: »
    fucking jesus

Who the fuck knows, what's definitely certain is whatever he decides it'll be terrible.

I mean - even W. made the right choice every once and a while, or something that had some positive outcomes. Trump seems to be lining up to every bad thing we thought W. was going to be when he made his true colors known.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Orderly transition has just been moved from first priority to ultra-first priority.

tbloxham wrote: »
    Hoz wrote: »
    I have this dreadful feeling that the 2020 Democratic primary will become a repugnant clown car of political opportunists that kneecaps any enthusiasm for the eventual Democratic nominee.

You know what, even with the given situation, I shouldn't be such a pessimist. Worse comes to worst, I can always become an alcoholic.

Clown car is utterly unimportant. This season proves that anyone can win the election. Trump was a terrible candidate. All we need is any white dude, ideally someone with a good speaking voice and a very short political history. Ideally also handsome.

Yes, I no longer give a crap how good a president they will be. Well just make sure they appoint a strong cabinet.

As for tomorrow, I'm sure it will be a firm statement like this.

Trump knew
    Trump was the intended beneficiary
    Here is oceans of proof
    Russia has attacked us
    Vote was legal
    Trump is president
    Trump should punish Russia for their actions
    Ciao

This is a strategy which works on republicans not democrats. Not on that scale.

There is no Democratic Trump. Never will be.

I don't think you realise how weird Trump is as a candidate. It's going to be next to impossible finding the next obama while it is impossible to find our own Trump.

That Obama was a good president doesn't mean that he wasn't elected because he has a nice smile.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Team Trump: Yeah, we snubbed Twitter, what are you going to do about it?.
    "Steve, the conference table was only so big, OK?" GOP strategist and Trump adviser Sean Spicer told MSNBC’s Steve Kornacki in an interview.
    “This was not an intentional slight ... there was only so many people that can actually sit around a conference table,” Spicer said on MSNBC.
    “So the idea that Twitter is that petty that they’re talking about that I, some press flack, has the authority to decide who Donald Trump will meet with is ridiculous."

A transition team official also told Reuters that Twitter was excluded because “they aren't big enough," citing their market capitalization of $13.85 billion.

The next smallest company with a representative in attendance was Space X, whose rough valuation is $15 billion, however their representative — CEO Elon Musk — is also the CEO of Tesla Motors, whose market capitalization is over $30 billion.
    He also provides the full picture:

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Wrong thread

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    Again, that photo raises the question of how the hell can Trump state that passing his business dealings to his children removes any potential conflicts of interest when the three of them are clearly involved in everything he does as president? Excuse the fact that he's their father, the three of them are sat in a room with the President, Vice President and America's largest tech companies. Unless Trump intends to argue the three of them are somehow 'Tech Titans'...

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular

What the fuck!?

I'm taking your bet, and working out steps to GTFO if needed.

• Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Again, that photo raises the question of how the hell can Trump state that passing his business dealings to his children removes any potential conflicts of interest when the three of them are clearly involved in everything he does as president? Excuse the fact that he's their father, the three of them are sat in a room with the President, Vice President and America's largest tech companies. Unless Trump intends to argue the three of them are somehow 'Tech Titans'...

Well their presence is either an end run around potential conflicts of interest, or it's, "I alone can fix (plus my kids, because I'm an old man way over my head)." Neither is a good look for him politically.

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    On thing i don't see anyone mentioning. Trump loved to rag on Iraq and the Iraq war excuses during the campaign

now he's hiring Bolton one of the Neo-Cons biggest cheerleaders

• Options
    Trump will keep his kids around for everything because he's a fucking idiot who can't think for himself at all but also trusts no one

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    On thing i don't see anyone mentioning. Trump loved to rag on Iraq and the Iraq war excuses during the campaign

now he's hiring Bolton one of the Neo-Cons biggest cheerleaders

You know how he flies in the face of like all findings of political science? Includes the one where candidates are basically honest about their goals.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    fucking jesus

Honestly it's long overdue if you consider the current middle east conflict compared to previous ones like Vietnam. We'd probably be long since pulled out if had been though. And it's probably political suicide to do it.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    If his kids got out of their business I'd be perfectly fine with it. Because collectively they are smarter and saner than their dad. Hell Ivanka would probably be a Hillary voter if her dad hadn't won the primary. Gore made it sound very much like she was the one bringing him in to stop the insane EPA appointment her dad ended up making. But as long as he has a stake in the business he's about equally conflicted whether his kids are there or not.

One dumb thing is this is probably going to give congress huge leverage via blackmail. If medicare repeal or such somehow ends up on Trump's desk and he vetos it, he could be looking at impeachment proceedings in short order.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    The irony, of course, being that vetoing something is not a crime, and would in this case merely be the reason to impeach him on any of the many others he's committed.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    If his kids got out of their business I'd be perfectly fine with it. Because collectively they are smarter and saner than their dad. Hell Ivanka would probably be a Hillary voter if her dad hadn't won the primary. Gore made it sound very much like she was the one bringing him in to stop the insane EPA appointment her dad ended up making. But as long as he has a stake in the business he's about equally conflicted whether his kids are there or not.

One dumb thing is this is probably going to give congress huge leverage via blackmail. If medicare repeal or such somehow ends up on Trump's desk and he vetos it, he could be looking at impeachment proceedings in short order.

I can't even imagine the shitshow that would result from a Republican congress attempting impeachment and Trump unleashing his flying monkeys in response.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    fucking jesus

Honestly it's long overdue if you consider the current middle east conflict compared to previous ones like Vietnam. We'd probably be long since pulled out if had been though. And it's probably political suicide to do it.

The draft is not coming back. Untrained grunts are useless in the modern military. We're way past the point where you can throw someone through basic in a month, give em a rifle and point them at the bad guy.

• Options
    Hell Ivanka would probably be a Hillary voter if her dad hadn't won the primary.

Maybe, but she needn't go that far ideologically to be sane compared to her father. She could be a neocon and arrive at that conclusion. Either way, she's remarkably good at keeping her opinions out of the public eye.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    fucking jesus

The draft is not coming back. Untrained grunts are useless in the modern military. We're way past the point where you can throw someone through basic in a month, give em a rifle and point them at the bad guy.

In a sane world, yes. We no longer live in a sane world, where decisions are made via facts, reason, evidence, and logic. It does not matter if a decision would be terrible at best and catastrophic at worst if the insane people in charge happened to feel like it at the moment.

We have no idea what will happen in the next few years, but there are many, many more ways to do things badly than to do them correctly.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    The adbot-chain that haunts every Donald-tweet is super long, now. Impressive on twitter.

• Options
    Ivanka's as scummy as the rest of them. Don't let the pretty face fool you

This discussion has been closed.