Options

[Voltage] Chapter 1, Act 1: Bugging Out!

12346»

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    His opponent downed, Kaz turned his attention to the other Weedle. The Caterpie seemed to be a harder opponent, and this fight was already stretching on longer than it should, so it was time to focus fire on the easiest target.

Whoops, missed the post that said we were back to the top. Sorry about that.

Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Attack Weedle 2

Attack Weedle 2:
    2d6+2 13 [2d6=6, 5]

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Yuuto sniffed at the dissipating fae motes and sneezed before turning back to the Weedle still at large. Even as Kana pointed at it, Yuuto was already throwing itself forward following Kaz up for a second hit if it managed to dodge the first.

Geth roll 2d6+3 for Basic Attack on Weedle 2

Basic Attack:
    2d6+3 5 [2d6=1, 1]

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Kaz's attack knocked the Weedle backwards, which caused Yuuto to miss it.

Geth roll 2d6+3 for Weedle 2 Defense Kaz
    Geth roll 2d6+3 for Weedle 2 Defense Yuuto

Combat Stat Block

Kaz- Stamina 11/12 Energy 9/10[/s]
    Yuuto- Stamina 8/10 Energy 6/8
    Haibisukasu- Stamina 9/10 Energy 10/10
    Kumo- Stamina 7/10 Energy 7/8
    Caterpie 1- Stamina 7/8 Energy 4/7
    Caterpie 2- Stamina 8/8 Energy 7/7- BLOWN AWAY
    Caterpie 3- Stamina 8/8 Energy 7/7- BLOWN AWAY
    Weedle 1- Stamina 0/7 Energy 6/8
    Weedle 2- Stamina 6/7 Energy 2/8
    Weedle 3- Stamina 0/7 Energy 5/8

Weedle 2 Defense Kaz:
    2d6+3 9 [2d6=1, 5]
    Weedle 2 Defense Yuuto:
    2d6+3 11 [2d6=3, 5]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    Caterpie, seeing his friend being doubled teamed, decides to rush to its rescue. He leaps forward to hit Kaz, hoping to connect and send him sailing.

Tackle: Energy 1 Damage 2
    Geth roll 2d6+3 vs. Kaz's Defense.

vs. Kaz's Defense.:
    2d6+3 11 [2d6=5, 3]

• Options
    The Weedle rushes forward too, to hit Kaz back.

Basic Attack: Earn 1 Energy 1 Damage
    Geth roll 2d6+3 vs. Kaz's Defense Again.

vs. Kaz's Defense Again.:
    2d6+3 6 [2d6=2, 1]

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I should be at 4 energy. 3 metal claws * 3 energy each spent, plus wait for 3 energy regained.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Both combatants turned on Kaz. He desperately tried to dodge and bend to avoid their attacks.

Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Defend Caterpie
    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Defend Weedle

Defend Caterpie:
    2d6+2 7 [2d6=2, 3]
    Defend Weedle:
    2d6+2 12 [2d6=6, 4]

• Options
    The Caterpie's Tackle slam into Kaz, but the Abra is quick to flash away from the Weedle's attack.

And back to the top!

Combat Stat Block

Kaz- Stamina 9/12 Energy 9/10[/s]
    Yuuto- Stamina 8/10 Energy 6/8
    Haibisukasu- Stamina 9/10 Energy 4/10
    Kumo- Stamina 7/10 Energy 7/8
    Caterpie 1- Stamina 7/8 Energy 4/7
    Caterpie 2- Stamina 8/8 Energy 7/7- BLOWN AWAY
    Caterpie 3- Stamina 8/8 Energy 7/7- BLOWN AWAY
    Weedle 1- Stamina 0/7 Energy 6/8
    Weedle 2- Stamina 6/7 Energy 2/8
    Weedle 3- Stamina 0/7 Energy 5/8

• Options
    Yuto yells out to his companion, "Kaz, hit harder!". The Pokemon refocused himself on the final Weedle, expending additoinal energy in an attempt to land a critical blow.

Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Psychic Blades (target Weedle 2)

Psychic Blades - Energy cost 4 Damage 5

Psychic Blades (target Weedle 2):
    2d6+2 11 [2d6=5, 4]

• Options
    "Let's keep the Caterpie away from Kaz! Poison Jab!" Yuuto grunted as it lowered its head again and attempted to ram the Caterpie away.

Geth, roll 2d6+4 for Poison Jab: Energy 4/Damage 4 [Targeting Caterpie]

Poison Jab: Energy 4/Damage 4 [Targeting Caterpie]:
    2d6+4 12 [2d6=4, 4]

• Options
    edited October 2016
    The Weedle looks up to see purple blades of energy hit it square in the face. The Weedle rolls backwards, looking like it's on the ropes.

The Caterpie gets stopped dead in it's tracks by Yuuto, who hits it with his horn.

Sorry that I disappeared. No excuse except that I've been playing WoW, but I'm starting to get bored of it until the 7.1 update hits.

Both Weedle and Caterpie have 2 Stamina.

Geth roll 2d6+3 for Weedle Defense
    Geth roll 2d6+3 for Caterpie Defense

Weedle Defense:
    2d6+3 9 [2d6=4, 2]
    Caterpie Defense:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=5, 2]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    Is that both down then?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    No, they have 2 HP each.

• Options
    Smiling as he sees the Caterpie seem to waver, Nadare shouts to Haibi "Finish him!"

Geth roll 2d6+5 for metal claw.

metal claw:
    2d6+5 14 [2d6=4, 5]

• Options
    edited October 2016
    The Caterpie doesn't have time to move before Haibi's claw strikes him down. The wild Pokemon fades into fae energy and floats off.

Geth roll 2d6+3 for Caterpie Defense

Caterpie Defense:
    2d6+3 9 [2d6=3, 3]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    The last Weedle starts to run from the fight.

Anyone who wants to stop it can do so with their Pokemon's Run Assist vs. the Weedle's Run Roll.
    Geth roll 2d6+2 for Weedle Flee

Weedle Flee:
    2d6+2 6 [2d6=2, 2]

• Options
    "I'm sure there's a nest of them hidden around here somewhere. Yuuto, track that Weedle." Kana gestured to the fleeing Bug Pokemon making a gesture for it to tread quietly without the Weedle noticing its shadow.

• Options
    So I wasn't liking the swinginess of the dice and I wasn't sure what to do about it, but I just realized while showering that I could make that so much smaller with Fate Dice. So for those who don't know, Fate Dice are d6 but instead of numbers, they have three symbols; positive (+), negative (-), blank. Positive and Negatives cancel each other out, with means that the dice rolls will be anywhere from -2 to +2. To roll those dice, you just have to do Geth roll 2dF+stat. For powers that have chance to do status effects, if you roll a natural positive result (+1 or +2 before you add your stat) you do it. So like Confusion, if you roll a positive result, they are now confused and when they roll negative results, they do a 2 damage to themselves.

I'm kinda embarrassed it took me so long to think of this but if you guys are still around, I'd like to test it.

The Weedle doesn't notice Yuuto as it moves deeper into the Whitecreek Grove. In a small clearing, away from the workers, Yuuto discovers that most of the berry trees here have been stripped of their leaves and berries. There are a few Weedles and Caterpies among the trees. Sitting on top of one of the Berry Trees is a Butterfree. The other Pokemon are bringing it Berries, which it gobbles up with furious glee. Yuuto returns to Kana and directs the trainers towards the Butterfree.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Hello! Just been to the Arctic! I saw a polar bear! Heading home (hopefully) for a well earned rest. I hope you've all been well.

Kumo, who has totally been here the whole time, squints at the fleeing bug, then nods to her trainer. They knew just what to try; their practice runs hadn't been fantastic but they were both pumped up from their successes against the others of the little swarm.

Arkose leaps into the air and Kumo rushes beneath him, rising deftly into the air.

Geth roll 2dF+2 for Fly and Spy.

Fly and Spy. [color]:
    2dF+2 2 [2dF=+1, -1]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hey! Glad to see that you had fun!

The Butterfree looked up at the shadow of a flying Pokemon, but gave it no mind. There were enough of its followers around that one bird Pokemon wouldn't dare try to mess with it.

Geth roll 2dF+1 for Spotting the Sky Spy

Spotting the Sky Spy:
    2dF+1 1 [2dF=0, 0]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    Yuuto looked pretty satisfied with itself as it lead Kana and the others to where the Butterfree had made itself very, very comfortable. Kana scratched the back of Yuuto's head and whispered, 'Good job.'

She looked to the others, ''Looks like we found the main culprit. We take the Butterfree out, hopefully the trees will recover soon."

• Options
    @Brody @AustinP0027 @Kirindal @Endless_Serpents Just seeing who is still around and wants to continue this experiment.

• Options
    Sorry, got distracted with the last couple of weeks. Rolls are now 2dF+x? So its basically doubling the "stat bonus"?

• Options
    Kinda. 2dF will give you a result of -2 to +2, (since the only symbols on a FATE dice is +,-, and black). I hope that this wrangles in the swinginess of the dice and speed things up.

• Options
    Also still around and saw the Fate roll stuff but went into Thanksgiving travel so didn't have a ton of time to respond.

• Options
    Excited that the group had managed to find the lead culprit, and at the chance to protect the towns orchards, Nadare raced ahead a little, Haibisukasu at his side.

• Options
    Yuto and Kaz lagged behind. Both were a bit unsure about attacking the Butterfree in it's home space, especially if it had enough help to put up a big fight. Still, they weren't going to back out of helping the group now, so they headed that direction all the same.

"Any thoughts on how to tackle this?"

• Options
    "There's no way we can take on all those bugs head on and win. We should try to sneak around the horde and attack the Butterfree directly. Maybe one or two of us can serve as distractions to keep them occupied?"

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Sorry chaps, been at sea, again, for top secret and very boring reasons.

"Kumo!" the Boulder lad whispered excitedly, "We're flying!"

Arkose stretches out his arms for a moment before fear strikes and he clutches onto his partner's feathers.

"Okay buddy, you decide what we do next..."

With that the Farfetch'd quacks her idea. It's a simple one. They're going to double back and attack the Butterfree from behind!

Geth roll 2dF for Suprise dropkick
    Geth roll 2dF+1 for Brave Bird

I've forgotten what +'s to stuff I've got but I thought I'd just post while I could!

Yeah, letting your duck decide the plan might be an awful idea, but it's what the kid would do. :p

Suprise dropkick:
    2dF -1 [2dF=0, -1]
    Brave Bird:
    2dF+1 1 [2dF=0, 0]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Ar you top secretly looking at polar bears? Because if so, I want to come along and look at polar bears.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Kumo's surprised attack wasn't quite so surprising as the Butterfree heard the Farfetch'd coming. The butterfly Pokemon was able to lazily flap it's wings and toss the bird Pokemon back away from it. The other Pokemon looked as if they were prepared to fight but a quick sound from Butterfree caused them to back down and instead watch the fight.

Butterfree has a Speed of 3, so Kaz and Yuuto go first, then Butterfree, then Haibisukasu and Kumo.

Geth roll 2dF+1 for Not Surprised
    Geth roll 2dF+2 for Butterfree Defense

Not Suprised:
    2dF+1 0 [2dF=0, -1]
    Butterfree Defense:
    2dF+2 3 [2dF=0, +1]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    The Butterfree's hold over the other bugs was impressive...a bit too impressive for Kana's taste. Hopefully that meant the flying Pokemon was more than just a little cocky and sloppy as well. "You need to gain some height on it." Kana whispered as she gestured for Yuuto to move stealthily. "Then pounce."

Geth roll 2dF for Yuuto Stealthily Repositioning

Yuuto Stealthily Repositioning:
    2dF 0 [2dF=+1, -1]

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Even with it's attention on Kumo, Butterfree was still able to spot Yuuto trying to flank it. It gave a harsh whistle and the other Bug Pokemon hopped down from the bushes and trees and forced Yuuto closer to the Butterfree and Kumo.

Geth roll 2dF+1 for Spotting Yuuto

Spotting Yuuto:
    2dF+1 2 [2dF=+1, 0]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    "We can't sneak on this one, his eyes are too good for that!" Arkose calls to Kumo. The bird pokemon winces in agreement, feathers ruffled.

• Options
    Hey team, couple of things:

Can I get a look at the updated rules, if there is such a thing?

For those about to take your turn, I think sneaking is no longer an option.

Hope you're all okay!