Options

I wanna punch [chat] radio hosts in the mouth

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2007
    Doc wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Doc wrote: »
    Anyone here play Assassin's Creed? Does the horrible plot get any better?
    Mmm... I'm on the third city (in Jerusalem - already did Damascus and Acre), and I think that the plot is kind of interesting, though it hasn't really completely come together yet. It hasn't advanced a whole lot from the first few hours though.

I mean the modern-day meta-plot. It's such a horrible idea for a plot.

I'm still waiting to see where it goes. Gabe's newsposts suggest that it turns out to be fairly clever but then again Gabe has pretty shitty taste a good amount of the time.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Stupid mods posting before I can look up the time in Brisbane.

Quid on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The Cat wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Cat, why are you awake? Isn't it freakish early there right now?

nah, 8am. I am freakishly grumpy, though. I really ought to sleep more.

But I'm going camping tomorrow wheeeeeeee! I really cannot wait to be electronics-free for a few days. You have no idea.

I am mega jealous. Stupid earth tilting it's top half away from the sun :x

Sami on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Alright, everyone stop posting until Quid looks up the time in Brisbane!

Quid, give us a head's up when you're done.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Having a warm Christmas would be weird.

The Southern Hemisphere is weird.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    How exactly does BJJ differ from Judo in terms of what you learn, anyway?

BJJ is more about joint locks and ground-fighting. Whereas I think that Judo is more about take-downs. Also, Judo seems to be much more sport-oriented.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Stupid document study, have to write a short paper on this book which is just a collection of notes. Mumble grumble.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Quid's already done richy, it was like an irish orgasm, all sound and no actual carry through.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Our next applicant: Stephen M. Young (D-OH, 1932-1936, 1940-1942, 1948-1950)
    Young could be feisty and even acerbic at times. He was perhaps best known for returning a letter to a constituent with the note, "Some idiot sent me this letter and signed your name to it." Another constituent once wrote Young on an issue of public policy, ending the letter with a request to have "intercourse" with Young on the issue. Young replied, "Go have intercourse with yourself."

There's not much about his policy save opposition to a widely-hated right-to-work amendment proposal to Ohio's constitution.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    Having a warm Christmas would be weird.

The Southern Hemisphere is weird.

Seriously. Christmas in the Summer shakes my notion of reality down to its foundation.

I am actually not kidding about this.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Alright, everyone stop posting until Quid looks up the time in Brisbane!

Quid, give us a head's up when you're done.
    What?

Will said something about Gabe and I realized I hadn't read today's comic and then I started reading the newspost.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    mtvcdm wrote: »

There's not much about his policy save opposition to a widely-hated right-to-work amendment proposal to Ohio's constitution.
    mtvcdm, not that this is not interesting, but why are you doing this exactly?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

BJJ is more about joint locks and ground-fighting. Whereas I think that Judo is more about take-downs. Also, Judo seems to be much more sport-oriented.

Yeah, any Japanese martial art ending in -do tends to be more sporty, or at the very least less combat oriented and more spiritual/self improvement driven.

That difference definitely helps explain why we see more BJJ users in UFC then Judo users. Especially because Judo take downs usually utilize the clothing worn by the practitioners (which is absent in UFC.) Though, at least one guy has integrated Judo into UFC pretty well, forget his name, I know he's Armenian though.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

mtvcdm, not that this is not interesting, but why are you doing this exactly?
    Because I needed it to match the All-Star Senate.

Why did I do the Senate? Half because I was getting bored by the repetitive nature of the best-President-ever "debate" ("Lincoln!" "Washington!" "Lincoln!" "Washington!" "Don't forget about the Roosevelts!" "Reagan rules" "SHUT THE HELL UP!"), and half just because I can.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I just got 100% on "Sunshine of Your Love" in Guitar Hero 3.

I'm giddy.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm going to a conference on Friday. There will be representatives from companies present. I want to give them resumes and look for a job.

Problem is, I have no idea how many companies, or how many resumes I'll need. Right now I have 6 English copies and 3 French copies. Is that too much? Not enough? I haven't got a clue.

Depending on the size of the conference, why not take ten of each? Make sure to network, don't just drop a resume and take off.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I need to clean my apartment for potential room mate now.

Crap I don't want to move all this stuff.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I think I may have finally solved my financial troubles wrt paying for this semester of school. I feel so much better without that hanging over my head.

Sami on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »

I'm giddy.

What difficulty sir

Medopine on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007

Yeah, any Japanese martial art ending in -do tends to be more sporty, or at the very least less combat oriented and more spiritual/self improvement driven.

That difference definitely helps explain why we see more BJJ users in UFC then Judo users. Especially because Judo take downs usually utilize the clothing worn by the practitioners (which is absent in UFC.) Though, at least one guy has integrated Judo into UFC pretty well, forget his name, I know he's Armenian though.

I saw that guy the other night. He pretty much owned the other dude. Could take him down whenever he wanted, and I'm pretty sure Judo helps on the ground too.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Medopine wrote: »

I'm giddy.

What difficulty sir

I bet it was easy.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm going to a conference on Friday. There will be representatives from companies present. I want to give them resumes and look for a job.

Problem is, I have no idea how many companies, or how many resumes I'll need. Right now I have 6 English copies and 3 French copies. Is that too much? Not enough? I haven't got a clue.
    I'd say just fill them out till you drop. Always better to have too many than too few.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, Medopine, Judo has a whole assortment of ground moves, pins, chokes, locks etc. It's just in sport Judo, if you land a decisive throw you score a point, and don't need to go to ground. Which I guess would place the emphasis on throwing for people who view it strictly as a self-contained sport.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Medopine wrote: »

I'm giddy.

What difficulty sir
    Hard. Best I can get on Expert is 99%.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I'd say just fill them out till you drop. Always better to have too many than too few.
    That's true...

I'll go for 10 of each, then see if I'm bored or not.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Can't wait to get back to BJJ in Jan after taking time off because of surgery and whoaaaa shit I am out of shape, as in, I played 3 hours of football this saturday outside and my legs are still sore.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Chest-expectorants are the best when your chest needs expectorating.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

That's true...

Better make it 100.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I really need to start playing paintball again.

The thread here made me really realize how much I missed it.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

That's true...

Better make it 100.
    That might be overkill...

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, Medopine, Judo has a whole assortment of ground moves, pins, chokes, locks etc. It's just in sport Judo, if you land a decisive throw you score a point, and don't need to go to ground. Which I guess would place the emphasis on throwing for people who view it strictly as a self-contained sport.

Yeah, that seemed to be the main difference. A lot of locks and such in BJJ were either straight from Judo, or were "rediscovered" from Judo by accident.

Really, the main difference seems to be that Judo has a sporty side to it.

Also, BJJ focuses a bit more on Brazilian culture, rather than Japanese.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Can't wait to get back to BJJ in Jan after taking time off because of surgery and whoaaaa shit I am out of shape, as in, I played 3 hours of football this saturday outside and my legs are still sore.

Oh man, that's exactly how I was when I started biking again a couple of months back. Now I'm wondering how I ever got tired from the amount that I had done when I was starting out.

I am still way out of shape, but I'm definitely improving.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

I'm giddy.
    On expert?

I can't even get 100% on medium. :/

My fingers are not teh nimble.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

As i under stand it -jitsu means (or originally meant) it was a killing/offensive art while -do meant it was more defensive/less about inflicting harm. Aikido and Judo are more defensive/deflective while Ju jitsu is more offinsive/harmful.

Having studied none of them that's my "i heard this one time" opinion on the matter.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

That's true...

Better make it 100.

But then you can be like "There is plenty of Richy to go around :winky:"

Trust me, I have a job, it works.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    gundam470 wrote: »

I'm giddy.
    On expert?

I can't even get 100% on medium. :/

My fingers are not teh nimble.
    You'll get better with time, if you keep practicing.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh good...the song I wanted to add to my MySpace profile was right on the band's page.

I cannot get Nickel Creek's "Helena" out of my head.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Lay Down is a fun song to work your way up the difficulty ladder on.

Sami on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

That's true...

Better make it 100.

But then you can be like "There is plenty of Richy to go around :winky:"

Trust me, I have a job, it works.
    I'm sure it worked for you, but I'm not looking for a job as man-whore.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is it wrong to wish death on people?

Johannen on
This discussion has been closed.