As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Run the [Chat] 3

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Who knew chipotle was closed today. And also the Mexican restaurant I tried to go to after.

Now I have a bunch of corona and I'm at a Taco Bell @Drez

This dark timeline.

Wait...aren't you in Manhattan or something?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Sports is on TV right now but I must ask:

What is sports?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk15H6PjBis

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    What the fuck, car mount ad?

No! do NOT encourage people to mount a fucking iPad in their car in the field of view!
    Oh, they are great. I have one for my iPhone.

• Options
    My friend works at an awesome Taquiera in Hell's Kitchen. Best (real) taco I've ever had, no exaggeration.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Who knew chipotle was closed today. And also the Mexican restaurant I tried to go to after.

Now I have a bunch of corona and I'm at a Taco Bell Drez

This dark timeline.

hopefully the place that makes tasty rice bowls is open for lunch or I am going to qq

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

No! do NOT encourage people to mount a fucking iPad in their car in the field of view!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvVThrMhnuE

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

This dark timeline.

Ohio but close.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

I'm totally down with magnetic mounts.

But you really don't need THAT big of a screen unless you are living out some early-day Fast and the Furious shit.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    does no one else just casually leave vials of their own semen lying around

I wouldn't call them "vials" so much as "puddles".

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    counted out my change jar

€38

not bad

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

But you really don't need THAT big of a screen unless you are living out some early-day Fast and the Furious shit.

I'm sure they're only used responsibly for gps apps no way anyone would use it to watch youtube while driving or anything, that would be irresponsible.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

that sounds dangerous

• Options

I would get one for my iPad, but my dash isn't big enough. They are amazing, but it makes gps much easier, and I can see texts and yell at Siri.

• Options

This dark timeline.

Ohio but close.

that sounds dangerous

I'm slippery when wet.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I woke up, showered. Went to the store got sausage patties and some hash browns. Come home and made a delicious scramble with eggs and cheese. Hot coffee. I sat and turned on some brain dead stuff and read through the Sunday Washington Post. It was really a great way to start the year.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    And dry.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

I put ribbons on mine with engraved invitations.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

that sounds dangerous
    Just slip and fall stand up pregnant.

• Options

that sounds dangerous

Slip and Slide: Cum Get Preggers Edition

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

that sounds dangerous

And a race of clumsy children is born.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I woke up, showered. Went to the store got sausage patties and some hash browns. Come home and made a delicious scramble with eggs and cheese. Hot coffee. I sat and turned on some brain dead stuff and read through the Sunday Washington Post. It was really a great way to start the year.

i woke up at 1:00pm, missed brunch with my family so they thought maybe i was dead, and regretted most of the choices i made last night

pretty on par

• Options
    Beers and shots cancel each other out right? I mean as long as I have one Pickleback shot for each beer, I can't get drunk, correct?

• Options

i woke up at 1:00pm, missed brunch with my family so they thought maybe i was dead, and regretted most of the choices i made last night

pretty on par

I got home around 3 am. I woke up at 8 am because my body is terrible. I went back to bed and crawled out of best at 11 am. So breakfast was more like a late brunch.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
  • Options
    Beers and shots cancel each other out right? I mean as long as I have one Pickleback shot for each beer, I can't get drunk, correct?

i think that's how it works

also you're immune to the effects of methamphetamines during this time so might as well do as much as you can

• Options
    nooooo its closed today ffff

how is this stupid day a holiday and not election day

• Options

that sounds dangerous

Slip and Slide: Cum Get Preggers Edition
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Options

pretty on par

I got home around 3 am. I woke up at 8 am because my body is terrible. I went back to bed and crawled out of best at 11 am. So breakfast was more like a late brunch.

Yeah.

Yeah...

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

You take the shot, but spit it into a beer bottle while pretending to take a chaser

It's like you learned nothing from Coyote Ugly

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    I wonder if the liquor store is open

I only had one beer last night

• Options

they are in virginia

it's the first time they've been open new years day here

• Options
    Ohio is just Manhattan Beyond The Wall.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Presented without want, need, or acclaim. DasTop10 of 2016 in no particular order but for your ears to enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn4Sh-tmmxE

Tennis - Ladies Don't Play Guitar This song here. This song right here has some lyrics with important words. Those lyrics rest on an absolutely dreamy melody driven forward by steadfast vocals with a feminine mystique that emulates the lyrical content

"Ladies just need your love
    Don't you know we are all caught up in it
    Baby I've been listening
    I can be the archetype of whatever you're feeling"

It's self-aware, powerful, and fun. What more can you ask for? Plus after Hillary was defeated we need more female voices speaking up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hZCsgcKa-g

Childish Gambino - Me and Your Mama Sometimes a youtube comment says it best "Damn, this track is the lovechild of Pink Floyd and James Brown" and WhereMyKeys couldn't be more correct. There's a definite dash of soul and a hint of funk added to the mix but Gambino has solidified his position among the pantheon of unforgettable artists with this release. It comes on slow and strong with no need to worry about play times or radio standards. Building up an idea and motif before pulsating into a soul shaking base. . .and then comes Gambino. The backing vocals call to gospel while Gambino's simultaneously poised and warbling voice alerts you that this is something new. Continuously alternating between the old and new while dabbling in daring moments of falsetto. The track has the long lost funk and soul (F&S) that folks have been trying to dig up from the past with a fresh new coat of paint and brilliant delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_oA9UmRd4I

The XX - On Hold Is it the Hall and Oates sample or am I crazy? This song just drives and drives with a simple message that we can all feel. Jamie's simple delivery with Romy's flourish create a vocal to and fro that's simply unmatched. The song presents a beautiful question with the distinct sense of wonder that can only come from something beautiful that was lost. Not to mention it makes you want to dance a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACinCwmWalY

Blood Orange ft Empress Of - Best To You If I only said "I cannot" I would feel like an absolutely awful hack of a consumer but also entirely justified in my response. The production on this jaunty jam is sublime. Nothing is overstated and nothing is understated. Blood Orange creates a longing and desire through rhythmic drums and pads filled with boundless energy. The music manages to ride a synthetic wave with a beautiful touch of sincerity brought about through Empress Of's evocative and chilling vocals. Blood Orange provides back-up in this instance and the harmony between the two grounds the song in a way that "I cannot" as she reaches for the stars he grounds the production with deep and thoughtful lofty sounds echoed in the beckoning chorus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt9N_yHvwyM

Cloud Nothings - Modern Act Who would have guessed that they were still making good pop punk? Cloud Nothings have been on the scene for a while but with their most recent release they've really come into their own. They've found a voice and it's full of youth, rebellion, and delicious angst. The chorus belts out "I want a life, that's all I need lately. I am alive but all alone" and the sentiment is echoed through each verse. The idea of youth lost and finding new energy shine through the song in a way that makes most love ballads seem simply uninspired. If you ever enjoyed pop punk and wonder what to do with the now this is the tune for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p6cdupczSc

Young MA - Quiet Storm
    Welcome back East Coast Rap it's been a while. Young MA comes into the scene with a bravado and passion for the art that has been unseen for years. She casually dismisses all rappers and stereotypes in clever and poignant verses backed by Mobb Depp's 1999 classic. The track is self-aware and aggressive without relent. It may not be as catchy as the breakthrough "Ooouuu" but it delivers stylistically and presents a voice that the rap game has been in need of for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEP-Qpw3lHg

Aphex Twin - CIRKLON3 There's no denying the influence that Richard D James has had on the electronic scene and while this may not top some of his earlier work it absolutely deserves a spot on the pedestal with the rest. Keeping up with the Twin is a difficult task these days after the soundcloud dump and numerous unofficial releases but here we have something genuine. The track has everything that signified early Aphex Twin and manages to maintain an approach to the soundscape that is fresh and engaging. A connection between minimalism and the electronic cacophony of modern times. It makes me a bit sad that this is the single electronic song on my list but of everything i've heard in this year it stands above the rest as something with a definite identity and few imitations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMnUPy4dp4k

Nice as Fuck - Door What else is there to say? You've got Jenny Lewis. You've got Erika Forster from Au Revior Simone and you've got some GIVE A DAMN. This may be a fun side project from all of the ladies involved but this is energetic pop punk with a powerful indie vibe. It's worth chanting. It's worth jumping up and down to. It's worth chanting "don't close the door!" because it is every bit an embodiment of their moniker Nice As Fuck. Put this in your ears. It's hard not to give it the number one spot because it's simply infectious .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu-NvEec8y8

Allegaeon - Gray Matter Mechanics I did not do my dilligence with metal this year and that is a true regret. While yes I know Metallica released a new album that actually isn't bad I thought it would be best to keep moving forward the new. Allegaeon has put forth a track with melody, death, and technicality worth discovering. Everything here is tidy and with purpose. The song finds a melodic rut and churns into it with precision and a welcome simplicity. Yes, they could do more during the solos but why over stuff the box when it has been measured exactly and fulfilled?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JqH1M4Ya8

David Bowie - Lazarus Yes i'm pretty sure that's the feeling of your skeleton slipping out of your body. The song dares to open with "Look up here i'm in heaven." and from there Bowie reminds you that through all of his iterations and personas he absolutely sets the scene. The song is more of a dirge than a tune and the lyrics speak to the cloying fever dream of a man in hospice. Every word I write about this song is a disservice to one of the greatest artists my senses have ever had the privilege to enjoy. While his death makes this track more poignant the art remains something to behold.

oh uh i think @so it goes asked this in the holiday thread and also @y2jake215 because he's a fun boy

@DasUberEdward best to you is by far the best song on that album. Would be on my top 10 songs of 2016 also

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Drove out twenty minutes to get lunch only to realize I'd left my wallet at home.

Then it turns out I live in the glorious future and I was able to download a Panera app and pay with my phone before even going inside the restaurant.

Suck it, good old days.

• Options
    nooooo its closed today ffff

how is this stupid day a holiday and not election day

Why can't we have both?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

You take the shot, but spit it into a beer bottle while pretending to take a chaser

It's like you learned nothing from Coyote Ugly

I watched that with the sound off.

11 times.

• Options

they are in virginia

it's the first time they've been open new years day here

*maps route across country*

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Continuing watching TOS I noticed a new theme:
    Every woman in the galaxy finds Kirk to be the love of their life after spending about 30 minutes with him.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    did you guys see someone changed the hollywood sign so it now reads HOLLYWEED

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    The liquor store near me was open on Christmas day. People know their customer base.

This discussion has been closed.