As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What we do in [chat] echoes in eternity

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    Those "flapjacks" are an abomination! Square cookie bars?! Is this the kind of crap the English have been coming up with?!

My fellow Americans: The rogue nation of England has gone unchecked for far too long! We must invade now or lose the War on Terror!

War on Pancakes! Pancakes!

James on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    but quite cute in an unholy sort of way

MikeMan on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You can call your pancakes pancakes and flapjacks flapjacks when and only when they are superior to the British versions

As of now pretty much every American version of a British food is completely inferior

Janson on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think Wonder_Hippie just posted that to show us how he strategically positions his chemistry homework so as to maximize the chances that it will be nibbled on in order to get an extension.

And now I leave to get a sub! Yum!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    James wrote: »
    The crêpes will greet us as liberators!

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Cute little bastard's certainly evil in his own little way. That was him eating my girlfriend's biochem homework last night.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    I didn't think the British were particularly well known for decent cooking.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Janson wrote: »
    You can call your pancakes pancakes and flapjacks flapjacks when and only when they are superior to the British versions

As of now pretty much every American version of a British food is completely inferior

What about Canadian versions? We turned pancakes into pancakes with maple syrup, and turned french fries into poutine.

James on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I had British pudding once

I couldn't taste sweet for like 2 weeks

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

What about Canadian versions? We turned pancakes into pancakes with maple syrup, and turned french fries into poutine.
    Poutine is the peak of the culinary arts.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I didn't think the British were particularly well known for decent cooking.

They aren't. Aside from fish and chips, everything there is flavorless and fried. It's like they've never heard of spices. Going from there to India was some serious tastebud shock.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I would eat everything on this page.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    :winky:

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

man what

so far as i can see the only good british food is the english breakfast with the tomatoes and whatnot

and even that is rivaled by the classic southern biscuits and gravy and pancakes

so i dunno what you're all about sister!

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Cute little bastard's certainly evil in his own little way. That was him eating my girlfriend's biochem homework last night.

Man even your cat looks like a hippie.

Satan. on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    So, in Excel 2003, how do I get that little Macro window to come back? You know, once you click Record Macro, a little box with Stop Recording and Relative Cell Position buttons appears on the screen. I closed that box and can't get it to come back. It doesn't appear when I click the Record Macro button anymore.

What happens when you press alt+F8?

That brings up the Macro dialogue box, where I can choose Macros I've made and edit them, delete them, and whatnot. It's not what I was talking about. The window thing I'm talking about is much smaller than that and only has two buttons on it--Stop Recording and Relative Cell References, and an x to close the window.

Thanks though.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Richy wrote: »

Posters included. I'm hungry. :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    MikeMan wrote: »

man what

so far as i can see the only good british food is the english breakfast with the tomatoes and whatnot

and even that is rivaled by the classic southern biscuits and gravy and pancakes

The British stay on their rainy little pile of dirt their entire lives so as to not be exposed to the vast vast variety of things the rest of the world does better than them. This is the only explanation for thinking British cooking is good.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    God, biscuits and sawmill gravy are one of the very few reasons that I might stick around in Georgia.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Fish and chips is our worst food, with few exceptions.

I grew up with home cooking, and NOTHING was fried except for a few breakfast items.

Spices are used in plenty of dishes, although the majority of traditional meals do contain mostly meat and veg (sorry, is there something wrong with vegetables?) and British food is also renowned in the cakes/cookies/dessert department, which is what most people request.

I mean when an American says 'mm I love fish and chips' who is really the one with taste?

Janson on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    Sab, the inclusion of a Subways in Robarts is the greatest decision ever? y/n

Huh? This is news to me.

Also I am 100 words into my 750 word paper. Whooo.
    What? So you have a thesis and an outline done? I did 750 words this morning while I was half awake, son.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Fish and chips is our worst food, with few exceptions.

I grew up with home cooking, and NOTHING was fried except for a few breakfast items.

Spices are used in plenty of dishes, although the majority of traditional meals do contain mostly meat and veg (sorry, is there something wrong with vegetables?) and British food is also renowned in the cakes/cookies/dessert department, which is what most people request.

I mean when an American says 'mm I love fish and chips' who is really the one with taste?
    The American.

Satan. on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What about BBQ pulled pork? The South is good for that.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So, in Excel 2003, how do I get that little Macro window to come back? You know, once you click Record Macro, a little box with Stop Recording and Relative Cell Position buttons appears on the screen. I closed that box and can't get it to come back. It doesn't appear when I click the Record Macro button anymore.

That brings up the Macro dialogue box, where I can choose Macros I've made and edit them, delete them, and whatnot. It's not what I was talking about. The window thing I'm talking about is much smaller than that and only has two buttons on it--Stop Recording and Relative Cell References, and an x to close the window.

Thanks though.

Extras>Macro>red dot?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007

That's ridiculous. Our biscuits are way more delicious than yours.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Richy wrote: »

Posters included. I'm hungry. :P

It's a good thing you live so far away from me.

James on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007

man what

Janson has a lot of British pride.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Janson I love to eat fish and chips, especially while listening to classical music and viewing fine art.

James on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I hate Fish and Chips.

Abomination of good food.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    It's true that buscuits and sausage-gravy is the finest breakfast.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

That I could live without. I'd rather live somewhere where I didn't have to drive an hour for a decent pizza. Everything around here is a chain, but I can't even get Papa John's.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    Those "flapjacks" are an abomination! Square cookie bars?! Is this the kind of crap the English have been coming up with?!

My fellow Americans: The rogue nation of England has gone unchecked for far too long! We must invade now or lose the War on Terror!

Sorry, I get mixed up with my wars, being an American and all.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Janson I love to eat fish and chips, especially while listening to classical music and viewing fine art.
    I don't think this was sarcasm.

Satan. on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    Sab, the inclusion of a Subways in Robarts is the greatest decision ever? y/n

Huh? This is news to me.

Also I am 100 words into my 750 word paper. Whooo.
    What? So you have a thesis and an outline done? I did 750 words this morning while I was half awake, son.

Yea, I am very easily distracted. It's a bad thing.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Satisfying Americans with cooking is easy

Just add lots of cheese/. Really cheap cheese

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

Thanks though.

Extras>Macro>red dot?

What is this Extras of which you speak?

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, it's not as if I've not had pizza and pasta in Italy, or steak in Denmark (the Danish do great steaks), or goulash and dumplings in the Czech Republic (amazing) or wines and cheeses in France, or have even eaten a few traditional American foods.

Our curries are anaemic; that's true. The vast majority of the takeaway Indians around here produce very mild, bland stuff but I'd sure eat the spicier ones if they were available. You're better off making your curry here.

We produce some good pies (if you're a fan of pastry, which I'm not) and I love good roast vegetables (parsnip is an example of a very traditional English veg which I find super-tasty). There are also decent versions of many European dishes but really if you eat out in the UK it's not as if there's a huge demand for British restaurants - because mother makes them best :P Pub food has its charms.

But, like I say, our cookies and cakes are often in demand, and I love some of the sponge desserts we produce, too.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I hate Fish and Chips.

Abomination of good food.

:^:

As long as we're talking about biscuits (or cookies): Shortbread. Mmmh...

So simple, yet deadly.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

That I could live without. I'd rather live somewhere where I didn't have to drive an hour for a decent pizza. Everything around here is a chain, but I can't even get Papa John's.

That's what you get. Maybe next time you'll have learned your lesson and know better than to go anywhere near the south unless you're not planning to be there more than a week.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »

man what

Janson has a lot of British pride.

Seriously, shut the fuck up

You know far, far less than you think

Janson on
This discussion has been closed.