As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX South Pin Haul and Trades!

ZynthioZynthio Registered User regular
edited February 2017 in Pinny Arcade
Howdy friends,

Just got home from South (sad face), and unpacked all my acquisitions. I couldn't be happier with everything I got the past 3 days! Well actually.... *cough* finch *cough*

I had a great trading experience with everyone I traded with! Trades I got include Owl Bear, Enfu Girl, Rhythm Anarchy, Viari, CEO Omin, and a kemper. My favorite trade experience was earlier today as I was walking the Expo Hall one last time. A girl saw my lanyard and asked to trade with me. All she had was the kemper summer set and she asked if she could trade one for the 2017 logo, which is why there is one missing in the picture below. While it wasn't a significant trade by any means, it was my first organic random trade encounter, and it was cool trading with someone who was in the exact position I was last year.

My favorite pins I got this year were the LE because its awesome, Enfu girl because its adorable, toonhound Thrax because you gotta get that loot, and Omin!
Some of my favorite activities this year were Acquisitions Inc. (hilarious), staff trading, pin hunting, playing some games with people like @Picmin @zeale @Certifiable @afroge1sha @krovek (and I can't remember one name but you know who you are), and answering "where did you get that D.va pin/patch?" 15 times a day!

I had an awesome time this weekend, loads more fun than last year! Hopefully I can say the same thing next year and will get the chance to meet more of you guys!
PICTURES BELOW!!!

id6vi7dmg4hw.jpg

stuff I got from trading
eib6pbt8v1dg.jpg

5y6eq3rg8nua.jpg

wvoc90cczeep.jpg

tjn0q5937fno.jpg

dcg8s8syvkgo.jpg

6dTk2WM.png
Zynthio on

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    My loot :)

p1loyris8fhf.jpg

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • ahstoddardahstoddard President-kidnapping Ninja Houston-ishRegistered User regular
    Mine is a little cluttered, and I didn't realize I cut the Brian pin out of the image.

zkvg2y1fwysw.png

B2YfFSb.png
  • misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Zynthio wrote: »
    "where did you get that D.va pin/patch?"
    You can't just say that and then not post a photo!

• ZynthioZynthio Registered User regular
    misskass wrote: »
    "where did you get that D.va pin/patch?"
    You can't just say that and then not post a photo!

zljc7453ll4u.jpg

6dTk2WM.png
  • UnlivedPhalanxUnlivedPhalanx Registered User new member
    Where was the dumbfounded owl pin? The one with his eyes crossed. I totally missed that one and the LE pin

• InterestingMixInterestingMix A little bit of everything really Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    "OwlBear" is a PAX West 2016 pin

m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
    Where was the dumbfounded owl pin? The one with his eyes crossed. I totally missed that one and the LE pin

It's a West 2016 but Toonhound had them at their booth along with the "Table Titans Thrax" dragon south pin and a number of their other pins from other Pax.

6dTk2WM.png
  • UnlivedPhalanxUnlivedPhalanx Registered User new member

It's a West 2016 but Toonhound had them at their booth along with the "Table Titans Thrax" dragon south pin and a number of their other pins from other Pax.

I don't know how I missed it since I got Thrax this year.

• LXAKA1287LXAKA1287 Freelancer Akron, OHRegistered User regular
    The Pinny Pals were very helpful in knocking a lot of pins off my wish list. Thanks to everybody that I made a trade with. Hoping to get everything updated and ready for more trading at East in a few weeks!

88xy3gekxasj.jpg

East 14/15/16/17/18/19 - South 17/18/19

I'm on Pinny Pals! - Find Me here!
    I swear I'm not a completionist!
  • afroge1shaafroge1sha Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    @Zynthio so glad you had fun! "never trust the quiet ones" they say.....lol!!

They were literally right next to them. Owl Bear, Panda Espresso, Bard Rock, Bin it 2 Win It, What Ho!, maybe one more. There were alot of them. This was on Sunday at 3pm, so maybe they weren't on the table when you went. Perhaps they were trying to thin out their stock.

6dTk2WM.png
  • afroge1shaafroge1sha Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    listen.... i could go on and on about the pins i got but i was there for fun and friends. to see and be seen was the best. i was a proxy for my pin group and focused more on making sure i got what they needed. in return for my genuine honesty and generosity, my luck was two fold.....7yy31habcdlk.jpg

They were literally right next to them. Owl Bear, Panda Espresso, Bard Rock, Bin it 2 Win It, What Ho!, maybe one more. There were alot of them. This was on Sunday at 3pm, so maybe they weren't on the table when you went. Perhaps they were trying to thin out their stock.

Yea...may have...um...caught up...let's say...

afroge1sha wrote: »
    listen.... i could go on and on about the pins i got but i was there for fun and friends. to see and be seen was the best. i was a proxy for my pin group and focused more on making sure i got what they needed. in return for my genuine honesty and generosity, my luck was two fold.....7yy31habcdlk.jpg

EXCLUSIVO!!!

I didn't really see any floating around. Glad you scored one for helping your pin group!

• RenfamousRenfamous Weeb, Unexceptional Cosplayer Houston, TexasRegistered User regular
    That photo is way too high res for exclusivo.
    giphy.gif

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    @afroge1sha you also have a Margarita Quest pin that will find its way to you that was supposed to be in the raffle with the other two!

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
    My plea for future posters: if you could separate your pins you purchased vs traded for, that would be awesome. I love being able to see when people trade for things vs just buying.

Pins for trade!
    Hingo wrote: »
    My plea for future posters: if you could separate your pins you purchased vs traded for, that would be awesome. I love being able to see when people trade for things vs just buying.

Fair point Hingo. I guess most of the stuff on their board was bought (excluding older show/core sets, one trade (two pins on it).

Everything else was a trade.

edited February 2017
    Hingo wrote: »

Here's my trade acquisitions. I'm a noob D:

8grmdvm5e78j.jpg

Zynthio on
    6dTk2WM.png
  • InterestingMixInterestingMix A little bit of everything really Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Enfu, nice trade

m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
    Enfu, nice trade

I agree, I love the pin

6dTk2WM.png
    edited February 2017
    @Zynthio everyone's gotta start somewhere. I've been attending PAX since 2012, and collecting since the beginning. This was the first PAX I've done without buying anything at the show.
    My South 2017 haul, all traded for:
    xbwn80xbrdbd.jpg

Hingo on
    Pins for trade!
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I saved a TON of money trading for most of my pins at AUS last year.

DID YOU GUYS KNOW YOU CAN TRADE?!

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular

But how did you get the pins you traded with?

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    RILMS wrote: »

But how did you get the pins you traded with?

blind boxes

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
    Pretty much. ^

Also decided to trade out all my non-aus show sets.