Options

Stardew Valley - Join us. Thrive.

• Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Huh, I'd just kind of assumed all recipes weren't profitable after I'd sold a few. I never would've guessed that Carp Surprise could be worth making.

I actually wonder if this isn’t a mistake/oversight on CA’s part, since he said he deliberately made cooked food less profitable than produce so that players wouldn’t feel like they had to cook everything before they sold it to get maximum profit.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    WordLust wrote: »
    Huh, I'd just kind of assumed all recipes weren't profitable after I'd sold a few. I never would've guessed that Carp Surprise could be worth making.

I actually wonder if this isn’t a mistake/oversight on CA’s part, since he said he deliberately made cooked food less profitable than produce so that players wouldn’t feel like they had to cook everything before they sold it to get maximum profit.

Well, I mean, Carp Surprise is hardly enormously profitable even if we're talking basic, no star carp and neither of the Fish Value upgrades. Also you can't get the recipe until Summer of year 2 so...

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    You need to fish (or spend a whole lot of time looking to buy fish from the random vendors) if you want to unlock that part of the Community Center.

Also, there's at least one relationship quest (and associated cutscene) that requires you to supply a specific kind of fish.
    Jodi invites you over for dinner with Kent and the kids and wants you to bring a largemouth bass.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    introp wrote: »
    You need to fish (or spend a whole lot of time looking to buy fish from the random vendors) if you want to unlock that part of the Community Center.

Also, there's at least one relationship quest (and associated cutscene) that requires you to supply a specific kind of fish.
    Jodi invites you over for dinner with Kent and the kids and wants you to bring a largemouth bass.

As someone else joked earlier:

Jodi: "I'd like to invite you over for dinner. Also, please bring dinner."

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Well, it's the last week of winter. I feel like it probably could have been a little more productive, but I've done alright for myself. Running stockpiled crops through my modest winery made plenty of money to expand my ranching capabilities and complete the Vault. And I've recently started diving for Iridium, so it's looking I'll have a lot more high-end sprinklers than I initially expected.

My big problem is a nasty wood shortage. I neglected to cultivate a renewable lumberjacking plot and I'm reluctant to clearcut all the natural trees on my farm or around town, so I only have like 500. Not nearly enough to build a shed and fill it with the amount of kegs and preserve jars I want. I'll have to fix that soon.

The last two or three days will probably be devoted entirely to planning out my farm layout. A bunch of things still need to be nailed down.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Trees grow pretty fast in the forest. You should be able to replenish your wood stores down there. Just make sure you rip the stumps out of the ground so they'll regrow.

• Options
    If you've been saving your tree seeds, you can actually plant those on any dirt patch anywhere in the world. So you don't have to plant trees on your farm if you don't want to give up that space. You can also plant a buttload of trees down by the sewer (where the spring onions grow), you can plant them in the dirt around Linus' tent and Robin's house, and you can plant a TON of them by the train tracks.

I reserve farm land for only growing trees with tappers. Trees for chopping I plant off of the farm.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    If you've been saving your tree seeds, you can actually plant those on any dirt patch anywhere in the world. So you don't have to plant trees on your farm if you don't want to give up that space. You can also plant a buttload of trees down by the sewer (where the spring onions grow), you can plant them in the dirt around Linus' tent and Robin's house, and you can plant a TON of them by the train tracks.

I reserve farm land for only growing trees with tappers. Trees for chopping I plant off of the farm.

yeah, I do this a lot

make sure to leave one empty space between each seed so that they'll grow
    x - seed | o - empty soil
    xoxoxox
    ooooooo
    xoxoxox
    ooooooo
    xoxoxox

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    as much as I like the other foraging route

getting the tapper perk is kinda friggin' rad

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »

the problem is that forestry is completely useless

wood is worth 50% more... but I have literally never sold wood

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Lord knows I have.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Wait, what are we talking about?

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Delmain wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »

the problem is that forestry is completely useless

wood is worth 50% more... but I have literally never sold wood

One day I realized I had three 999 stacks of wood in my supplies chest, so I sold one

It still made less money than my daily dairy income

Straightzi on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular

I discovered this pretty much the exact day of fall when it became too late for them to grow before winter. I tapped the wild oak and maple trees by the bus stop, at least.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    I'm having a hard time finding more artifacts for the museum. I'm not getting anything new out of geodes, and every time I dig up worms I just get those stupid snow yams. Is there some untapped source I'm missing?

• Options
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time finding more artifacts for the museum. I'm not getting anything new out of geodes, and every time I dig up worms I just get those stupid snow yams. Is there some untapped source I'm missing?

Chests from fishing, and you can find some tilling the dirt in mines

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited January 2017

Yeah, unfortunately artifacts are also location specific, so if you are tilling up worm patches in the same 2 or 3 areas over and over again, you've probably already found all the artifacts it is possible to find in those locations. You'll have to look for worm patches in other places and try those--including in the mines.

IMO, it is really difficult to complete the museum collection by the time of grandpa's evaluation. You can try, but the appearance of worm patches depends so much on luck, and what pops out of them depends on luck, and you have to waste so much time looking for them, it just isn't worth it. I still fill out the museum as I go for the rewards and stuff. It's fun, but I just don't think it's worth prioritizing.

WordLust on
  • Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    Second play-through.

WHERE IS MY $#!%@ RABBIT'S FOOT, HOPSY AND IPSY? HMMM?

DON'T MAKE ME GET THE AXE. IT'S GOLD, YOU KNOW.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    It's the start of year 3 and I'm getting a bit bored of taking care of all the chickens and ducks and cows. Mayo and cheese is a little bit of extra cash, especially in the winter, but I'm finding the morning routine to be a bit boring. I might just sell them all and go full pig. Then I don't have to deal with the dumb hitboxes to milk animals and shear sheep.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Wait, what are we talking about?

Prostitution, apparently!

• Options
    simkelytesimkelyte Registered User new member
    How can i join you?

• Options
    edited January 2017
    introp wrote: »
    Second play-through.

WHERE IS MY $#!%@ RABBIT'S FOOT, HOPSY AND IPSY? HMMM?

DON'T MAKE ME GET THE AXE. IT'S GOLD, YOU KNOW.

Yeah, the rabbit foot drops are SUPER rare--like one a year, maybe two if you're lucky. Especially infuriating is when you finally get one and then accidentally sell it, as I did once. >.<

There is an alternative way to get rabbit feets...
    They are also a rare drop from the flying eel monsters in the skull mine.
    It's the start of year 3 and I'm getting a bit bored of taking care of all the chickens and ducks and cows. Mayo and cheese is a little bit of extra cash, especially in the winter, but I'm finding the morning routine to be a bit boring. I might just sell them all and go full pig. Then I don't have to deal with the dumb hitboxes to milk animals and shear sheep.

Chickens and cows are really only worth it if you just like doing it or to complete the community center or to complete recipes/requests/checklists.

If you just want money and minimal headache, buy a ton of pigs and craft a bunch of truffle oil machines. If you want wool, go for rabbits instead of sheep. Sorta like pigs, they can be slower to produce, but they are practically zero maintenance. Bonus: sometimes get rabbit's feet.

WordLust on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I just bought the rabbit foot

I ain't got three seasons to wait to finish this dang community center, I can afford the three grand or whatever

Edit: also, truffle oil isn't necessarily worth it

Truffles count as forage, so if you're an iridium forager, then you're better off without the machines

Straightzi on
  • Options
    I just bought the rabbit foot

I ain't got three seasons to wait to finish this dang community center, I can afford the three grand or whatever

Edit: also, truffle oil isn't necessarily worth it

Truffles count as forage, so if you're an iridium forager, then you're better off without the machines

technically, if you have artisan, the truffle oil is still more than the truffle, but it's really not worth it to have enough oil machines to convert lots of truffles to oil just for like, 1400 vs 1200 or whatever it is.

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I picked the forage finder perk, and it doesn't seem to work. like, I thought foragable items would show up on the map...

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    the cheat wrote: »
    I picked the forage finder perk, and it doesn't seem to work. like, I thought foragable items would show up on the map...

Look for tiny little arrows on the corners of the screen.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ohhh, my tv cuts off the edges a bit. D: well, that explains it.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    New Xbone/PS4 patch is live!

I was a little nervous as they said that most saves will be fixed, but I loaded up my save and it worked! Hopefully that'll be the end of that issue.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    So I guess Penny has me teaching her students about "life in the countryside?" Listen, lady, I've been here for like two months, and I've spent most of that time fighting my way to the bottom of some haunted-ass mine while healing myself with raw whole fish. I've got PTSD and scales in my beard, I don't know what you want from me.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    So I guess Penny has me teaching her students about "life in the countryside?" Listen, lady, I've been here for like two months, and I've spent most of that time fighting my way to the bottom of some haunted-ass mine while healing myself with raw whole fish. I've got PTSD and scales in my beard, I don't know what you want from me.

Yes, children, let me tell you all about the place where you have lived all nine years of your life, surrounded by people who have lived here all thirty-to-sixty years of their lives, but I only just moved here last week. I've got this shit.

The first thing you need to understand is that making friends in the country is very strange. If you find a loaf of bread in the trash can, you should dig it out of there right away and present it to the nearest person as a gift, and you'll find that you are immediately rewarded with friendship. This is very important, because if you don't have any friends, your grandpa will rise from the dead to yell at you and remind you what a disappointment you are.

Another thing about country life is that sometimes you'll sneak into people's bedrooms when they're not home and read their diaries. You might also find some underpants in there, which you should steal for the purposes of future rewards and/or blackmail.

I've eaten nothing but raw fish for the past six months. In fact, I have some in my pocket right now if anyone wants to.... no...? Well, suit yourself.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Yes, children, let me tell you all about the place where you have lived all nine years of your life, surrounded by people who have lived here all thirty-to-sixty years of their lives, but I only just moved here last week. I've got this shit.

The first thing you need to understand is that making friends in the country is very strange. If you find a loaf of bread in the trash can, you should dig it out of there right away and present it to the nearest person as a gift, and you'll find that you are immediately rewarded with friendship. This is very important, because if you don't have any friends, your grandpa will rise from the dead to yell at you and remind you what a disappointment you are.

Another thing about country life is that sometimes you'll sneak into people's bedrooms when they're not home and read their diaries. You might also find some underpants in there, which you should steal for the purposes of future rewards and/or blackmail.

I've eaten nothing but raw fish for the past six months. In fact, I have some in my pocket right now if anyone wants to.... no...? Well, suit yourself.

Just don't let anyone see you getting their gift out of the trash, Children, or they will get all huffy.

Except Linus, cause Linus is chill af

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Stardew Valley 2: Dumpster Divin' For Love

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I can't spot the difference. However, the player on the left is inexplicably way more attractive.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    The one on the right is missing the players' shadows. They're very small shadows anyway, so it's kinda hard to see.

• Options
    No, it looks like they are both missing the other player's shadow.

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    No, it looks like they are both missing the other player's shadow.

I think you are correct.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    also the $9949159

that's a difference

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    also the $9949159

that's a difference

well yeah but that's probably supposed to be different.

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    also the $9949159

that's a difference

Left screenshot is player 1; Right is player 2. The money values are different because the players have different amounts of money.

But they shouldn't have different amounts of shadow.

This discussion has been closed.