Options

[chat]ing from home

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mortious wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    How are you not sure if suggesting swinging will end in yes or a divorce?

There was an Aussie radio prank where a someone suggested a 3-way to their lesbian partner.

After reading the aftermath I'm not sure that relationship will survive.

This ALSO needs more details.

A relationship may have ended after an Aussie radio prank went too far

Pretty hard read. Hopefulyl they had a very long talk after this.

I

see

It's hard to imagine being married to someone and not stopping basically any prank or joke the second it started hurting them.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Also I live down the road from the biggest Mormon temple in Australia. They have very extravagant displays at Christmas time and have a big space Jesus.

They also have a Mormon art gallery thing that is open at that time where you can go and learn about Jesus in America through the magic of art

The couple of Mormons I know here seem pretty chill.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i heard a really interesting story on a true crime podcast recently

a girl in Peru went on the season premier of one of those shows where they hook you up to a lie detector

by question 17 or so, she had admitted in front of her highly religious family and boyfriend that she had cheated on him and had sex for money in the past

three days after it had aired, the boyfriend killed her in a jealous rage after he was basically nationally mocked for being a less than macho dude who couldn't control his gf

the rest of the season did not air
    Lie detector shows are terrible

Lie detectors are also terrible

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

There was an Aussie radio prank where a someone suggested a 3-way to their lesbian partner.

If my wife tried to do some radio prank on me I wouldn't be very happy either. "Hey let me make fun of you on the radio."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    oqehli6v0vb6.png

This seems dumb.

it is

it's a joke

there's a market downtown that has taken on a facebook persona of dgaf and it's hilarious

por ejemplo

uoj4esawuby9.png

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Preacher wrote: »

If my wife tried to do some radio prank on me I wouldn't be very happy either. "Hey let me make fun of you on the radio."

Right, but then couple it to them continuing the prank while you're crying because your insecurities are laid bare and you think they don't really want you anymore because you're not enough.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular

I

see

It's hard to imagine being married to someone and not stopping basically any prank or joke the second it started hurting them.

but a THOUSAND dollars

how often do you get that kind of money?

once, maybe twice a month?

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The name Reuben is said to have been given on the 22nd of the month to men getting their secret names between January 24, 1993 to November 23, 2013.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    oqehli6v0vb6.png

This seems dumb.

it is

it's a joke

there's a market downtown that has taken on a facebook persona of dgaf and it's hilarious

por ejemplo

uoj4esawuby9.png

Let the record reflect that my client was totally just joking

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Hmm, my laptop is claiming it can't connect to the Internet because the dns isn't responding but every other device I have is fine

command prompt

>ipconfig /flushdns

>exit

Come back and thank Narwhal

it worked! Thank you, Narwhal.

This doesn't excuse what you did to Gooey.

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    The name Reuben is said to have been given on the 22nd of the month to men getting their secret names between January 24, 1993 to November 23, 2013.

haha yeah man they just had a fucking calendar that dictated what name you got

like i fucking lost my shit when i found that out

Arch,
  • Options

Right, but then couple it to them continuing the prank while you're crying because your insecurities are laid bare and you think they don't really want you anymore because you're not enough.

Well and then admitting she did actually miss Men. So yeah that relationship is pretty much doomed.

Like I'll be serious if my wife did that kind of prank I'd be hard pressed not to think a divorce or serious counseling was necessary. "She was trying to win money!" Yeah there are some things you shouldn't do for money, mocking your spouse for the world to laugh at is one of those things maybe just fucking maybe you should have thought better of.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

you think they'd use a lunar calendar or something at least

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Man they could have made it so much cooler

Drugged you up on peyote and left you in the woods for a night

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

The radio show in question is the very bottom of the barrel. Sandilands in particular is a shock jock with so little charm, guile or anything of worth to say...

That's a prank that's particularly cruel and exploitative.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

What secret name did you want, Reuben

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i was talking to an irish comedian friend of mine and he was telling me how his brother is a mormon (i wanna say) bishop

that was kinda entirely outta left field

apparently there's like six times more mormons than jews here

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I might be reading to much into it from the small amount of details, but it does seem like that fantasy scenario played directly into already existing frustrations and fears.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The independent investigation Uber says it's conducting seems to be handled by noted labor leader Arianna Huffington aaand: Uber's own law firm. Nice.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Also I live down the road from the biggest Mormon temple in Australia. They have very extravagant displays at Christmas time and have a big space Jesus.

They also have a Mormon art gallery thing that is open at that time where you can go and learn about Jesus in America through the magic of art

I have only had meaningful contact with one Mormon despite my proximity since moving here.

She was an Islander who helped look after my girlfriend after she was attacked by someone on the train.

There are lots of islander mormons in the area which is odd given the churches' previous stances on being white and delightsome, or not.

• Options

I might be reading to much into it from the small amount of details, but it does seem like that fantasy scenario played directly into already existing frustrations and fears.

I mean, fears of inadequacy and the presence of insecurity are not... uncommon.

But yeah, it seems likely it was here (and I would imagine is a fear common in mono-sexual people with bisexual partners)

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    My parents pushed me to get a patriarchal blessing even though by then I had completely rejected Mormonism for nearly a decade

This is when an old Mormon guy you've probably never met purports to predict your future

Basically the old man said: Ok well you're on pace for hell! But if you want to repent for your evil ways and marry a nice Mormon girl and have lots of Mormon babies, there's still time!

Gee, thank you for this tailor-made prophecy

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Tav wrote: »
    i was talking to an irish comedian friend of mine and he was telling me how his brother is a mormon (i wanna say) bishop

that was kinda entirely outta left field

apparently there's like six times more mormons than jews here

not very surprising

the vast majority of early mormons came from the england/ireland area

started in upstate new york then they sent missionaries across the ocean and baptized literal boatloads of people, then sent them back to the states where they emigrated to wherever the mormons hadn't been kicked out of yet

my dad's side were mormon immigrants from Ireland

Arch,
  • Options

I have only had meaningful contact with one Mormon despite my proximity since moving here.

She was an Islander who helped look after my girlfriend after she was attacked by someone on the train.

There are lots of islander mormons in the area which is odd given the churches' previous stances on being white and delightsome, or not.

also not surprising

along with sending tons of missionaries east

they also sent tons of missionaries west in the early days

Hawaii,Samoa,Tonga and NZ all have pretty huge mormon populations

Arch,
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    lJaZw93.jpg

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

This was, by coincidence, when Jason's Deli ran their monthly sandwich special

• Options

The radio show in question is the very bottom of the barrel. Sandilands in particular is a shock jock with so little charm, guile or anything of worth to say...

There is a popular show around here that does a dumb bullshit prank where they prank people about medical tests. Idiots seem to love it, but it seems unecessarily cruel to me. I had to listen to them call a woman to tell her the man she was going to marry had come back as related to her and they treated her very badly "well you're the cousin fucker here" almost enough to make me think it was fake.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

I

see

but a THOUSAND dollars

how often do you get that kind of money?

once, maybe twice a month?

Aussie dollars, so like 800 real dollars. So its only like 4/5 worth humiliating the person you supposedly love

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Fucking goddammit, I'm still dropping frames.

I guess I'll just never fucking stream again.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    now I'm eating ribs

and nothing but ribs

get on my level chat

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Hmm, my laptop is claiming it can't connect to the Internet because the dns isn't responding but every other device I have is fine

command prompt

>ipconfig /flushdns

>exit

Come back and thank Narwhal

it worked! Thank you, Narwhal.

This doesn't excuse what you did to Gooey.

Then why did I help you?!

I never do anything that doesn't directly and immediately benefit me, darn it!

(But yay I am glad that worked! I only figured that out like 6 months ago myself and it has helped me immensely with silly network stuff as my internetting abilities become increasingly mobile.)

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

:(

• Options
    a

the new router didn't fix your upload? there's a tool you can download to test if you are dropping packets I think? I remember running into it when I was diagnosing LoL issues

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

I

see

a thousand bucks tho

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    i would humiliate porp on the radio for a warm ham sandwich

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

It happens to lots of guys.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

There is a popular show around here that does a dumb bullshit prank where they prank people about medical tests. Idiots seem to love it, but it seems unecessarily cruel to me. I had to listen to them call a woman to tell her the man she was going to marry had come back as related to her and they treated her very badly "well you're the cousin fucker here" almost enough to make me think it was fake.

Lovely.

• Options

i mean you basically do any time castle is streaming our chat on twitch so

Arch,
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    is that how it would work out in practice

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Well and then admitting she did actually miss Men. So yeah that relationship is pretty much doomed.

Like I'll be serious if my wife did that kind of prank I'd be hard pressed not to think a divorce or serious counseling was necessary. "She was trying to win money!" Yeah there are some things you shouldn't do for money, mocking your spouse for the world to laugh at is one of those things maybe just fucking maybe you should have thought better of.

Depends on how much money.

$1000? Fuck that.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.