As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect: Andromeda] Ryders on the Tempest

19495969798100»

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Bloody hell that second part, wow

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Twitter account appear to be a fan account. Here is the source. Sorry for any confusion,

http://www.vg247.com/2017/02/23/mass-effect-andromeda-gameplay-worth-the-wait/

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Phonehand wrote: »

It was too big for the gameplay/lack there of. ME 1 probably had more land mass than it did and was more fun to explore, I imagine Andromeda will be similar.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Worth noting that alot of that will be traversed with the Nomad so I would expect a good amount to just be road ways in between the more active quest oriented areas.

Theyre bigger but probably not in density of actual content.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Phonehand wrote: »

It was too big for the gameplay/lack there of. ME 1 probably had more land mass than it did and was more fun to explore, I imagine Andromeda will be similar.

ME1 was not fun to explore

pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    According to that article switching between keyboard and mouse on the fly is viable. :)

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Worth noting that alot of that will be traversed with the Nomad so I would expect a good amount to just be road ways in between the more active quest oriented areas.

Theyre bigger but probably not in density of actual content.

Yeah like the mako in ME 1.

I do like how big areas are coming back, 2 and 3 felt so battle arena and not actual exploratory.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

To embedded a twitter quote, leave out the 'mobile.' part of the URL and delete everything after the number

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    I mean I know DA: I's big unconnected zones were botheresome. But Andromeda is supposed to be all about exploring, if there was less land mass than Inquisition the exploration would feel hollow as hell.

Like my biggest issue with the mako was never the size of the areas to drive in, it was the pain in the pass it was to traverse areas because they included hills and mountains that were just god damn near impassable. But the new mako has jump jets for traversal and two different types of driving modes, I'm assuming its up to the task of exploring those areas, and they have something worth finding there.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    The squad mate with the least lines in MEA still has more than Shepard in Mass Effect 3

I guess that explains why there are so few squadmates. They're taking the quality over quantity approach.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I mean I know DA: I's big unconnected zones were botheresome. But Andromeda is supposed to be all about exploring, if there was less land mass than Inquisition the exploration would feel hollow as hell.

Like my biggest issue with the mako was never the size of the areas to drive in, it was the pain in the pass it was to traverse areas because they included hills and mountains that were just god damn near impassable. But the new mako has jump jets for traversal and two different types of driving modes, I'm assuming its up to the task of exploring those areas, and they have something worth finding there.

I literally never found a wall or cliff I couldn't get the Mako up. The god damn thing went over anything, sort of like your horse in... I forget which game, honestly, but I know the horses could go over/up things your character stopped on. My navigational technique in ME1 was literally "eh, thataway", and the hell of it was that actually worked.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »

I literally never found a wall or cliff I couldn't get the Mako up. The god damn thing went over anything, sort of like your horse in... I forget which game, honestly, but I know the horses could go over/up things your character stopped on. My navigational technique in ME1 was literally "eh, thataway", and the hell of it was that actually worked.

It would to an extent, but you had to do some really shitty climbing to get it done. The new ride seems better suited for it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Honestly my only question isn't how did they develop so fast. No, my question is why did they even have warships, let only multiple fleets before the First Contact War?

Not how they built them, but why did they even have them in the first place. Why waste money and resources on building a supra-national space navy when your only evidence of aliens points to them being long extinct?

I suppose there is something to be said for being prepared, but man, being in the pre-contact Space Navy must've been either the best gig or the worst depending on who you are.

Humans have been warring with humans forever. I imagine the fleet was probably built under the auspice we'd know we'd need to keep colonies inline.

I assume part this and part recognizing that if the gates exist, someone in the galaxy we might want to shoot exist.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    Honestly my only question isn't how did they develop so fast. No, my question is why did they even have warships, let only multiple fleets before the First Contact War?

Not how they built them, but why did they even have them in the first place. Why waste money and resources on building a supra-national space navy when your only evidence of aliens points to them being long extinct?

I suppose there is something to be said for being prepared, but man, being in the pre-contact Space Navy must've been either the best gig or the worst depending on who you are.

Humans have been warring with humans forever. I imagine the fleet was probably built under the auspice we'd know we'd need to keep colonies inline.

I assume part this and part recognizing that if the gates exist, someone in the galaxy we might want to shoot exist.

Probably also space navy people wanted to avoid paying fucking taxes.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    The real question is not, "why have a sick-ass space fleet" the question is, "why not have a sick-ass space fleet?"

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

Did I play an entirely different version of ME1? My Mako got stuck on shit/in shit all the fucking time. I'd get trapped in weird holes and have to wiggle around to get out, try to go over inclines and get turned sideways and shoot off into some other direction, etc,

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

ALSO RAIL GUNS

• Options

ALSO RAIL GUNS

yes yes rail guns... AND TAXES!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Makin' a new thread, since we're at 100.

edit: We're Live.

Sorce on
    sig.gif