Options

Volstagg the [chat]ious

19495969798100»

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I like Oliver a lot, and his show is funny, as was the Bugle. For my politics, though, I don't find it and things like it terribly helpful, in quite a few ways. I appreciate its disrespect for power but what it provides besides that, and you see this generalized in the mass response of many people extolling the destruction of whatever target John picked, is catharsis. And catharsis not derived not from actual political victory is a dangerous thing.
    There's been a lot of episodes that highlighted issues that I had no idea were going on. Civil Forfeitures, for example, were an unknown to me. And now I know, and am aware of what it is when it shows up (like that Arizona law that just came into passing).

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

tumblr_olu6czg2zH1ry0ke6o1_540.jpg

That will buff right out. A little bondo and it will be right as rain.

@Thomamelas idunno that guy might get an offer on the car from the Canadian defence ministry

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was careening by at warp 2.5

@knitdan will create the new thread
    @Organichu is backup

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    644210925_TXKbG-2100x20000.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Also keep in mind that it doesn't matter how much research or information LWT presents, as the other side doesn't care and doesn't need to justify their decisions to anyone through rational argument

if the argument is that it doesn't help win hearts and minds in direct one on one existential battle royale then sure

but movements and parties are the narrow end of giant wedges of invisible literature - white papers and conference keynotes and esoteric academic debates and etc etc - which eventually filter down to hoi polloi in some form and influence them and I think those things have value and need to be done even if "the other side" is never won over or even learns of their existence

This discussion has been closed.