knitdan's super happy natural goodtime family [chat]

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    phone VR is not cool right?

It's neat for 10 minutes

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Man discussing stuff like the Switch is tricky. Someone says something in such a way as to be concrete, you point out we don't actually know yet, and people jump down your throat for being too critical or something when I wasn't even being critical, just saying "well we don't actually know that for sure."

Also Nintendo needs to get their shit together and announce more info on a bunch of stuff. But fuck that Zelda looks good.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnByYpNCAR8
    The wind rides high in sky
    over sea and land and city.
    The storm rages heavy and white.
    Grief and death do not come here!

Some come, some go.
    Some die in the prime of life.
    Stars shine white.

Maybe some day you'll wear
    a wreath of myrtle in your hair
    Maybe after the day's deed
    Your hair will get a silver thread.

Some come, some go.
    Stars shine white.

Where you tread a trail and road
    many follow after you
    Make sure that there always grows
    flowers in your plough's furrow.

Some come, some go.
    Stars shine white.

Life weaves on its tapestry
    all you did, thought, wrote
    All things written in the tapestry
    Life's shuttle goes and goes.

Some come, some go.
    Stars shine white.

is the lullaby my dad sang to me

I like that song a whole lot

The refrain being "some die in the prime of life" (or "spring of life" more literally) is kind of un-lullaby-y but

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    phone VR is not cool right?

It's neat for 10 minutes

something something yo momma

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    @y2jake215 George Fitzgerald and Martyn are gonna be residents at Middlesex lounge. Martyn is pretty versatile. Dunno how GF is as a DJ but he puts out some catchy house chyoons

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    oh well I guess that is the correct amount since i'm in the 25% bracket

here's a more salient point why the fuck are medicare and payroll separate
    (oh wait I know it's so rich people don't have to pay as much god DAMMIT america you shit country)

well, no, it actually makes them pay more than they otherwise would because those taxes aren't subject to credits and deductions

except that in the case of SSI, there's an income cap where you don't pay taxes over that amount

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Man discussing stuff like the Switch is tricky. Someone says something in such a way as to be concrete, you point out we don't actually know yet, and people jump down your throat for being too critical or something when I wasn't even being critical, just saying "well we don't actually know that for sure."

Also Nintendo needs to get their shit together and announce more info on a bunch of stuff. But fuck that Zelda looks good.

The only thing I would take as concrete is that the kickstand is apparently flimsy as fuck and you are better served opening it once to place a nice micro SD card in there, closing it carefully, and then using a case solution to prop it up going forward.

Everything else, from software to responsiveness, is still up in the air or fixable through patches.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    If I won the lotto

- claim anonymously (even though eventually people would find out)
    - pay off all of my debt and families debt
    - put a trust fund together for my nephews even though one of them is a little shit
    - buy anywhere from 500 to 2000 acres of land
    - build a compound
    - invite [chat] out to at least one woodsPAX and offer to help with travel since I've got the money
    - hunt one of you for sport

*raises hand*

It wouldn't be much of a hunt going after someone who can't shoot back

Chu and Shiv would also be good.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Zelda is also coming out on Wii U so is that even a console seller?

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    chat plz help omg

between yesterday and today my tables in word no longer align centrally and I can't figure out how to fix it

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

GOD YOU ARE SO NEGATIVE ABOUT ALL GAMES!!!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Zelda being on both Wii and Gamecube did not seem to hurt Wii sales, even though the GC version is arguably the superior one.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    choirs singing songs in languages they don't know is pretty interesting to listen to, when you know the language they're singing in

since it's a choir, it's so close to being perfect, yet in so many ways it sounds so weird still

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i have been using word in various iterations for like 25 years and i still don't understand how to use it

if i need to make tables i just use excel and draw borders

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    chyoons

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Ew, the city of Nashville has like a 12% tax on AirBnB rentals.

Fuck that.

we've got a steep hotel tax here.

Also fuck you.

You can sleep in my garage if you want

How far from downtown is that?

Ha I'm out in Hermitage so I'm a good 40 minutes from downtown without traffic.

Try the Knight Inn. It's a shitty run down motel by the Titans Stadium. It's cheap and close to the action.
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Hanshoo you're my favorite PAsian

Does this mean I get a spot in the commune?

Yes.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Doot doot doot. Trump just told a group of AG's that he thought the antisemetic attacks and threats were "sometimes the reverse "
    i.e. False flags

Ludious on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I'm not saying it's gonna hurt sales, I just only yesterday learned it was coming out for both and was really surprised because I keep hearing people say "I'm gonna buy the Switch cause Zelllldddddddaaaaaaaaaaa."

It wasn't even a negative statement! :P

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    chat plz help omg

between yesterday and today my tables in word no longer align centrally and I can't figure out how to fix it

It probably can't be fixed. How long will it take you to do it again from scratch

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Short Answer: Yes.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    choirs singing songs in languages they don't know is pretty interesting to listen to, when you know the language they're singing in

since it's a choir, it's so close to being perfect, yet in so many ways it sounds so weird still

it's like speaking a language you've only learned phonetically

it's kind of cool

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    @syndalis EXCUSE ME MOTHERFUCKER

My iPhone was at 60% battery then all of the sudden it dropped to 12% then died quickly and I just plugged it in and it's 53% EXPLAIN and FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT

check yo serial number - if its on this list you get a free fix / replace.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

@Hakkekage

Mine's not eligible. It's an iPhone 6, not a 6s

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    I'm not saying it's gonna hurt sales, I just only yesterday learned it was coming out for both and was really surprised because I keep hearing people say "I'm gonna buy the Switch cause Zelllldddddddaaaaaaaaaaa."

I am buying a switch for Zelda at some point, and its mostly because I skipped the Wii U altogether.

I bet there are a lot of people like me.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

NEGATIVE!!!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I'm finally reaping the rewards of my Bloodborne-box this month.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

Luckily for Nintendo Switch sales, even Nintendo fans didn't buy the Wii U!

I did though, and I 100% would have been picking up a Switch on launch day to play Zelda if I didn't have the option to just pick it up for Wii U.

• Options

My iPhone was at 60% battery then all of the sudden it dropped to 12% then died quickly and I just plugged it in and it's 53% EXPLAIN and FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT

@Hakkekage

then you can either get on the public beta track (v3 just came out and it is plenty stable), or wait for the final release which should come shortly.

Its the software issue.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    The computer was invented in the year 1997 by the famed British scientist, Alma Richman. When asked about her influence, she claimed that she simply wanted to create a better typewriter. While admitting that she had hoped that computers would change the world, she admitted that she may have been overly idealistic, and was pleasantly surprised that her fears were misplaced. Alma had a deep hatred of horses after being attacked by a stray in 1973 while walking on the streets of London. She said later in an interview that it was "massively harrowing, and changed my life forever." She has two children, Francesca and Paulette. She lives with her husband, Bobert, in Brisbane.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    chat plz help omg

It probably can't be fixed. How long will it take you to do it again from scratch
    not too long I guess
    ffffffff it has to be a certain way because dissertation office

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

You playing Horizon? I put a few hours in this morning, it's very good!

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    chyoons

Gesundheit

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I just finished listening to that and now my beard is long, and for some reason I have a glowing sword in my right hand.

Anyone seen a dragon?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    I guess there are 14 million Wii U consoles out in the wild. 3 million Switch will launch. I have no idea if that's a lot.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I don't have the VR box, it is literally a cardboard box, for google's set up with the pixel. But it does come with daydream which is one of their vr programs.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    chat plz help omg

This is one of those things where there are like six possible ways the alignment could be off

My go to word solutions are:

Find any part of the document that looks correct, select it, then use format painter to apply that formatting to whatever looks weird

Select the offending area in its entirety, clear the formatting, reapply from scratch

Save the document first because undo doesn't always reverse changes made in this way cleanly

• Options

You playing Horizon? I put a few hours in this morning, it's very good!

I have it, but I need to beat Nioh and GWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    a

Hakkekage

It's because all iPhones are trash, Hakkes, regardless of generation.

Follow-up question: What's an iPhone?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    It's like a rule that Nintendo only launches consoles with one flagship title these days isn't it

like they probably won't make a Mario game for the Switch for 2 years

This discussion has been closed.