As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Chapter 2

1939495969799»

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular

Man, Sci Fi (or is it SyFy?) orginals with better cgi.

That looks like shitty cosplay with brutal CG to me....

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    max landis is a deeply weird writer

his scripts always seem like they have had any trace of genuine emotion surgically extracted and replaced with a blase attitude to violence without much interest in the actual etiology and effects of real violence

Chronicle?

It's like the opposite of that.

i feel like chronicle is uninterested in violence per se; its interested in a "realistic" take on superpowers. it is fetishistic about the effects of the power itself rather than the consequences of the violence

this is a running theme in every film since; an interest in the mechanisms by which violence is done and assassins (american ultra, dirk gently, mr right) but a deeply glib approach to its consequences. this isnt necessarily a terrible thing, its simply one note

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

his scripts always seem like they have had any trace of genuine emotion surgically extracted and replaced with a blase attitude to violence without much interest in the actual etiology and effects of real violence

Chronicle?

i feel like chronicle is uninterested in violence per se; its interested in a "realistic" take on superpowers. it is fetishistic about the effects of the power itself rather than the consequences of the violence

this is a running theme in every film since; an interest in the mechanisms by which violence is done and assassins (american ultra, dirk gently, mr right) but a deeply glib approach to its consequences. this isnt necessarily a terrible thing, its simply one note

I don't think this is accurate at all. Chronicle is very interested in the consequences of the violence. The film isn't about how the violence is done so much as the psychological states of it's 3 protagonists and their inevitable implosion and the violence employed in the film is meant to be disturbing because the whole point of that violence is that one of the characters is falling apart due to lack of emotional support and doing incredibly fucked up things as it happens. The violence exists to showcase his deteriorating mental state and moment where he decides to be really "bad-ass" quickly becomes a huge fucking shitshow and kills people.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017

Chronicle?

I don't think this is accurate at all. Chronicle is very interested in the consequences of the violence. The film isn't about how the violence is done so much as the psychological states of it's 3 protagonists and their inevitable implosion and the violence employed in the film is meant to be disturbing because the whole point of that violence is that one of the characters is falling apart due to lack of emotional support and doing incredibly fucked up things as it happens. The violence exists to showcase his deteriorating mental state and moment where he decides to be really "bad-ass" quickly becomes a huge fucking shitshow and kills people.

Yeah you could substitute super powers with cocaine, machine guns, throwing knives, high school sports, whatever and the main story behind Chronicle would still work. The super powers are like the zombies in The Walking Dead, they're a side note to the main plot.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    That Alien trailer looks awesome but I also own Prometheus on Bluray and am a huge Alien fanboy so my opinion gets a grain of salt. It looks like Alien, Prometheus and even a little Aliens (with the crew having actual weapons and there being aggressive, fast xenomorphs on screen) got thrown in a blender.

And I get the feeling that the Covenant crew might be there to start to set up the equipment and facilities that are supposed to be the foundation for that colony and then more waves of colonists would show up once they can support them.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

so it's like the Expanse?

edit: I am curious of how a live action version of Terra Formars will work when the anime was so violent that it looked like this on prime time TV
    ikcfg8jbrkwhededmrhp.jpg

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    The Dinner Trailer #1:

https://youtu.be/DZzcjIbd8O0

War Machine Teaser Trailer #1, Netflix thing coming May 26:

https://youtu.be/Fw3dm0UrKx4

Donnie Darko Re-Release Trailer #1, I guess:

https://youtu.be/rPeGaos7DB4

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »

so it's like the Expanse?

edit: I am curious of how a live action version of Terra Formars will work when the anime was so violent that it looked like this on prime time TV
    ikcfg8jbrkwhededmrhp.jpg

Terra Formars should have been done by Yoshihiro Nishimura so then it could at least live up to the manga.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Wrong thread!

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA