Options

[Steam]: Where backlog progress and sales collide.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Well this is a cool development, co-pilot mode, to map buttons over two controllers. Sadly only on the xbone but I like the ideas Extra Credits has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzZ2IphdFGw

Edit: Linked here because I know a lot of people ask for suggestions for games for people to play and perhaps co-pilot mode could be a way to get people to try more complex games by having the more experience player take care of more difficult aspects.

Or just wild shenanigans of two people control the same character.

What happens when players are not drift compatible?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Well this is a cool development, co-pilot mode, to map buttons over two controllers. Sadly only on the xbone but I like the ideas Extra Credits has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzZ2IphdFGw

Edit: Linked here because I know a lot of people ask for suggestions for games for people to play and perhaps co-pilot mode could be a way to get people to try more complex games by having the more experience player take care of more difficult aspects.

Or just wild shenanigans of two people control the same character.

More viewers.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STBIC4dOBrI&feature=youtu.be

Capcom is readying its latest dose of nostalgia.

I LOVED RESCUE RANGERS!

I can't watch that video because work but... Rescue Rangers? There's a Rescue Rangers game!?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Madican wrote: »

More viewers.

We have to find a way to get this working on the PC
    with two players over the internet using Nvidia Gamestream

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Abyss odessy is exactly what I think of when I wish game developers and movies and shows and books would stop cloning Tolkien and the European pantheon of monsters.

I do not need the bird man's name, I just need to know he has reach.

I murdered a merchant today.

Yeah, playing Shadows of Mordor has me thinking about this a bit too. I've heard rumors that it was supposed to be a different setting, probably a fantasy setting of Monolith's own. Word on the street is WB was like was like "Naaaaaahhhh why roll the dice on some unknown setting when we have this dope as fuck LotR license bro? Everybody loves those fucking Elves and shit man. Make the protagonist an Elf." And so now we have Shadows of Mordor, apparently.

But what if it was the same sort of open world gameplay, with the Nemesis system and stuff, but placed in something like Hyper Light Drifter's setting? For one thing the environments would definitely improve, right? I mean Mordor only comes in one color, bleak as fuck. And I know I'd find a new setting's lore more interesting. I'm long past my days of pouring over the genealogies of the descendants of Feanor. There's no mystery for me in Middle Earth.

I do love stabbing the shit out of Orcs. But now we are getting a sequel to SoM and I can't help but imagine what could have been.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Who do I blow to get Disney to revisit the gargoyles universe?

Edit: I recently learned several darkwing duck episodes were banned for violence.

The "Hot Spells" ep is persona non grata because it involves Darkwing literally going to hell and contending with a Satan stand-in. Apparently it never even made it to DVD.

Gargoyles though... sheyit. Talk about an ahead-of-it's-time property that was probably wasted on that 90s network afterschool slot, because you can imagine it'll be able to spread its wings nowadays.
    And if you say you didn't have this weird crush on Demona, imma call you a damn liar.

A Xanoatos is fine too.

Zxerol on
  • Options
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Abyss odessy is exactly what I think of when I wish game developers and movies and shows and books would stop cloning Tolkien and the European pantheon of monsters.

I do not need the bird man's name, I just need to know he has reach.

I murdered a merchant today.

Yeah, playing Shadows of Mordor has me thinking about this a bit too. I've heard rumors that it was supposed to be a different setting, probably a fantasy setting of Monolith's own.

Version of this story I heard is that it was originally a Batman game.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    See, and I feel like it's about time we got some other stories in Middle-Earth. We've been stuck with The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and the cobbled together tales of the Silmarillion et al to deal with. I mean, that world feels pretty thin considering how long it was supposed to have existed.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I still say a Batman game or a Sleeping Dogs game with the Nemesis system would have been rad. You'd have in-game justifications for why the enemies you "kill" keep coming back (in a Batman/Sleeping Dogs game, it'd be a thug who just didn't learn their lesson. And you wouldn't chop their heads off so much as beat them unconscious, and they'd come back with more injuries every time just like the orcs you slay as Talion). Thugs who beat you would rise up in the gangster/triad hierarchy and get more powerful.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    See, and I feel like it's about time we got some other stories in Middle-Earth. We've been stuck with The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and the cobbled together tales of the Silmarillion et al to deal with. I mean, that world feels pretty thin considering how long it was supposed to have existed.

When you use those words in that way, my brain refuses to process them...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    It only feels thin because we've kept to the mortal world. There's other lands but elves are dicks and won't let anyone go to them anymore because of some crime thousands of years ago.

This is why it's important to kill all the Thalmor in Skyrim. Keep them from feeling too superior.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    The problem is that LotR games by necessity take place in the Third Age, which the War of the Ring ended. Middle Earth games could happen at any point on the timeline, which is very interesting and has periods that are arguably much more epic than the War of the Ring. Not to mention that creators could take more artistic license with these settings because they aren't as fleshed out. But I don't see anyone being able to successfully sell that to the suits at WB.

Drake on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Considering how fast and loose they play with the lore, the pitch was probably nothing more than "You play an Aragorn type"

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Hey there! Do you like collectible card games that are apparently actually pretty good? Do you like monster girls? Do you like cheesecake? Or if you don't like cheesecake do you like dumping cheesecake games onto Pixie for laughs? Do you enjoy Compile Heart/Idea Factory games and humor?

Then Monster Monpiece is for you. I'm just gonna link it and tag it with a big NSFW.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/415300

you forgot to mention the rubbing

Someone in chat said the rubbing wasn't in it. I don't have the game myself so I can't confirm or deny if it is. There is supposedly the promise of rubbing, but that's about all I can glean.

There's rubbing, it's just done with the mouse.

Time to buy a touchscreen monitor!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PimsyPimsy Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie There are TWO Rescue Ranger games. And they're coop.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    On a basic level, I respect mitigating risk with a familiar ip. Beyond good and evil was a GOOD spiritual successor of legend of Zelda, with a strong story, unique alien environment, and an interesting poc female protagonist. To paraphrase Morgan Webb, "...you bastards didn't buy it."

So I get the cloning, and the remixing. However it is so common now, that it starts to remind me of bacon hype at its peak.

Games and comics like overload and orc stain (orc penis coin currency ftw) are few and far between, leaving everything else feeling derivative.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Pimsy wrote: »
    @Pixelated Pixie There are TWO Rescue Ranger games. And they're coop.

Also, they were for the NES. At least the first one was.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    There is so much cool shit they could use if they went with the 2nd age.

And I also want a total war lotr

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options

When you use those words in that way, my brain refuses to process them...

The First and Second age were around 4000 years long together. That's a long time for so few things to happen between them. I mean, there's the specific big moments in history, but it nearly begs for more expansion. Hell, the Third age was 3000ish, and what we get is about 60ish years near the tail end with two fully fleshed out stories. There is a mountain of possible tales to tell in 7000 years, I'd reckon.

• Options
    @Pixelated Pixie There are TWO Rescue Ranger games.

Wooo! Where?
    And they're coop.

Oh. Nevermind.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The problem is that LotR games by necessity take place in the Third Age, which the War of the Ring ended. Middle Earth games could happen at any point on the timeline, which is very interesting and has periods that are arguably much more epic than the War of the Ring. Not to mention that creators could take more artistic license with these settings because they aren't as fleshed out. But I don't see anyone being able to successfully sell that to the suits at WB.

Christopher Tolkien is more the problem than WB is, and has been since before WB ever got involved.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    @Pixelated Pixie There are TWO Rescue Ranger games.

Wooo! Where?
    And they're coop.

Oh. Nevermind.

Not co-op only, just an option for a second person to join in. I played it plenty solo as a kid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_%27n_Dale_Rescue_Rangers_(video_game)

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    Okay but that's not a current game. I want there to be a current, can-play-it-now-on-your-PC, Rescue Rangers game. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Well you can in about a month!

That collection looks pretty amazing. Only played the original duck tales, so I might have to grab this one. Anyone know if it's digital only? Don't see it yet on amazon.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    I remember Darkwing Duck being pretty solid as well, but then again I haven't played it since I was... 9? 10?

I didn't even know about the TaleSpin game.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

Christopher Tolkien is more the problem than WB is, and has been since before WB ever got involved.

Yeah I know. I just don't think he has much to do with decisions made at Warner Bros about video games.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    As it just popped up in the client - anyone bitten the bullet on Deathwimg yet? Hype seems lessened.

• Options
    I've played all the games in that bundle of games (and I think it's funny that they advertise rewind abilities, a function only seen with those games if you hit up an emulator or some kind), and Talespin is the worst of the bunch. It's a side-scrolling shooter with superdeformed character sprites sitting in odd looking planes and the Seaduck can shoot, and . . . it's like if a Talespin game was made by the same people who manufactured McDonalds toys.

Rescue Rangers 1&2 are solid, and seeing as how Way Forward really improved (in my opinion) the original Ducktales, I'd love to see an update of at least the first RR game. Darkwing was competent as well. Honestly, even though Ducktales 2 and Rescue Rangers 2 were basically retreads of the original games, they were good games.

Speaking of, is it wise to have Capcom keep reminding us of when they made competent, simple games that weren't Resident Evil or Street Fighter or whatever? :wink:

• Options
    t1hU9h8.png

Goddammit @ReverseCreations ... I didn't do anything to you!

Hm.

Rub mode, they say?

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Who do I blow to get Disney to revisit the gargoyles universe?

Edit: I recently learned several darkwing duck episodes were banned for violence.

Roadrunner and Tom and Jerry still ok.

In other news I have the Duck Tales theme song stuck in my brain. Thanks Steam thread! :P

• Options
    I'm helping.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Wasnt there a briefly lived Gargoyles revival in some comics written by the original creators?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Ducktales? Woo-ooo!

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Wasnt there a briefly lived Gargoyles revival in some comics written by the original creators?

Yeah, Greg Weisman started a comic series that went like a dozen issues. Notably it totally ignored the third season, when the show went from syndication to Saturday morning on ABC and became awful.

• Options

Short answer is yes. Longer answer is yes, and then Disney increased their licensing fees, and the original creators could no longer afford to pay to write more comics using the characters and stories they made up.

Copyright is weird.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Let's get dangerous!

Steam: offday
  • Options

Short answer is yes. Longer answer is yes, and then Disney increased their licensing fees, and the original creators could no longer afford to pay to write more comics using the characters and stories they made up.

Copyright is weird.

Disney being dicks isn't too weird though.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    On a basic level, I respect mitigating risk with a familiar ip. Beyond good and evil was a GOOD spiritual successor of legend of Zelda, with a strong story, unique alien environment, and an interesting poc female protagonist. To paraphrase Morgan Webb, "...you bastards didn't buy it."

I bought it twice!

Someday we'll see a sequel! They promised. They wouldn't lie, right?

Leave me to my illusions.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    As it just popped up in the client - anyone bitten the bullet on Deathwimg yet? Hype seems lessened.

i've heard nothing but awful things about it

This discussion has been closed.