Options

[Wrestlingmania] the ultimate somethingsomethingmumblemumble

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I hadn't even seen Swagger when I decreed him to be the next big thing. All I'd done was hear a ring announcer say "The All-American American Jack Swagger!" and I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that an absolute legend had been born.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Masamune42 wrote: »
    I remember the first time I saw Swagger I thought "this kid is going to be a big deal". I also thought that about Wade Barrett.

I clearly know nothing.

Swagger could have been a big deal if he was capable of good promos.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Dogg you don't have to attempt to artificially generate discussion that you don't actually care about that much

This thread doesn't die if no one posts in it for a couple of hours and if you don't actually care or have a strong opinion about something you don't need to bring it up just because it is something to talk about

Exactly

Nobody will, or at least should, mind if the thread's off page 1 for 12 hours or nobody's arguing or doing some dumb pointless faux """"debate""""" for a day.

ed: Wow that page moved by fast

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    jack swagger for roh champion

Jack Swagger goes on an international wrestling tour and unifies every single title in the world. Including tag and women's belts.

quick someone photoshop swagger's head on that ultimo dragon picture. because that id exactly what i want.

also for him to use that shitty rage against the machine knockoff and do pushups again.
    t2ZHL4E.jpg
    I REGRET NOTHING!
    I kind of regret not being able to find a picture on a blue background but that's all

No, it's important to keep shitty photoshops as one of the few Wrestlethread traditions.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that an absolute legend had been born.

Same but about the Eagle

• Options
    Dogg you don't have to attempt to artificially generate discussion that you don't actually care about that much

This thread doesn't die if no one posts in it for a couple of hours and if you don't actually care or have a strong opinion about something you don't need to bring it up just because it is something to talk about

Exactly

Nobody will, or at least should, mind if the thread's off page 1 for 12 hours or nobody's arguing or doing some dumb pointless faux """"debate""""" for a day.

Again I don't want to promote arguing here just to be clear.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Exactly

Again I don't want to promote arguing here just to be clear.

we have to if we want to compete with Vince

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Lots of folks online are having a hard time recognizing the cast of SRW.

Some of them, like the ones in actual masks, are obviously kinda tricky

But like TJ Perkins in a wig and bad fake mustache is fooling people. I, myself, had to be told who is playing Chett.

Yet somehow, people still scoff at Clark Kent's glasses.

• Options

That EVOLVE show Hero and Riddle did a while back was where the incident happened. The ring broke before the show, Gabe wouldn't cancel so the crew tried their best to fix it for the competitors. During Kaasa's match he tried a middle-rope moonsault. The rope snapped and he landed on the point of his head. Somehow (as he said) he still finished the match.

• Options
    edited March 2017

That EVOLVE show Hero and Riddle did a while back was where the incident happened. The ring broke before the show, Gabe wouldn't cancel so the crew tried their best to fix it for the competitors. During Kaasa's match he tried a middle-rope moonsault. The rope snapped and he landed on the point of his head. Somehow (as he said) he still finished the match.

Rudy Boy Gonzalez was the one who fucked up setting up the ring apparently, or at least he was in charge of it.

Chris Hero and Keith Lee almost suffered similar accidents at the show.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Was that the ring that burned in a truck fire? I know that was apparently the one that would have been used at a PWG show, hence PWG having to borrow a ring that was shitty.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Look at this card for The Crash on April 5th
    1) Arkángel Divino, Black Boy (Baja California), Zumbi vs Astrolux, Black Danger (Baja California), Último Maldito
    2) Sexy Dulce © vs Keira, Santana Garrett, Lady Maravilla, Candy White, Laurel Van Ness [The Crash WOMEN]
    3) Rey Horuz vs Laredo Kid, Mr. 450, Séptimo Dragón, Último Ninja, DJZ [#1 Contenders, The Crash CRUISER]
    4) Jack Evans, Máscarita Dorada, Willie Mack vs ACH, Bestia 666, Black Tauro (Elite)
    5) Daga vs Sami Callihan vs AR Fox vs Extreme Tiger
    6) Blue Demon, Brian Cage, Garza Jr. vs Bobby Lashley, Carlito, Jeff Cobb
    7) Penta Zero M, Rey Mysterio 619, The King (Fenix) vs Cody Rhodes, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Matt Sydal

Konnan there is such a thing as overkill.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    'Rey Mysterio 619'?

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Ratings matter.

And they matter specifically because they matter to Vince, the advertisers, and the networks.

Just because they shouldn't matter doesn't mean they don't.

Now can we maybe stop policing what posters are allowed to talk about?

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

What makes it even better is that the censor on one forum I frequent subs "hug" for "f***."

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Also there is nothing wrong with posting links to opinion pieces about the topic of wrestling in here.

I for one, appreciate it.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    noir_blood wrote: »
    'Rey Mysterio 619'?

LU/AAA are being pretty antsy with names. Rey, Pentagon, and Fenix are just three names that have to basically jump through hoops in terms of appearances, merch, naming/marketing, etc. because of the company/ies, Pentagon being in the worst position unfortunately

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options

I'm still disappointed that he never got to face Dolph Ziggler.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Ratings matter.

And they matter specifically because they matter to Vince, the advertisers, and the networks.

Just because they shouldn't matter doesn't mean they don't.

Now can we maybe stop policing what posters are allowed to talk about?
    Normally I agree re: policing what people can talk about

But we have had this exact same discussion at least once every 3-6 months since I started watching wrestling 3 years ago and it has gotten incredibly frustrating to the point of multiple posters saying it has led to them not reading the thread nearly as often

I ain't a mod but something that is a constant source of conflict and argument spanning years with no change at all is absolutely something I am happy to request please stop

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yes, I agree that the constant uneccesary, unwarranted hostility towards Wirehead is tiring and needs to stop and ruins the thread.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Yes, I agree that the constant uneccesary, unwarranted hostility towards Wirehead is tiring and needs to stop and ruins the thread.

:rotate:

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Like, fucking seriously.

One person goes "hey, I ran across this video on a topic, I'll post it in the thread and see if anyone wants to talk about it"

Then half the thread fucking dogpiles him for daring to do so, because they don't personally care.

Fuck that, it's bullshit and I'm so goddamn tired of it.

Just because some people don't care about a thing doesn't mean that thing can't be brought up. Wirehead did nothing actually wrong or harmful. Don't care about a topic? Then talk about something you want to. Instead you guys choose to shout down any potential discussion before anyone can even attempt to engage with it.

It's bullying and it bothers me and it's making me think a lot less of a lot of you.

• Options
    Was that the ring that burned in a truck fire? I know that was apparently the one that would have been used at a PWG show, hence PWG having to borrow a ring that was shitty.

I believe that was a different one

Been a bad year for indy rings

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

I believe that was a different one

Been a bad year for indy rings

It was a different one. They're on opposite sides of the country after all, and no indy is driving a ring cross-country.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    LockedOnTarget if you think ratings do matter and are important to the future of WWE and that Meltzer's viewpoints on the subject are interesting and relevant to the thread, that's all fine.

That's your opinion. I don't agree with it, but if that's your opinion, then ok.

If it's something you're interested in having a discussion about, we can do that in this thread, because it would be relevant to the topic.

Except... it doesn't seem like that's what your opinion on this subject is? Nor is it wirehead's, really.

No, it seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, that your opinion is that the ratings issues are important because of what "Vince thinks" or what "the networks think" or what "advertisers think".

And those are a bunch of people who aren't here, aren't speaking for themselves on the matter, aren't being directly quoted, and who I don't think a lot of terribly constructive conversation can be had about by way of speculating what goes on in their minds.

Like, you accuse people here of bullying or policing wirehead, but the original gentleman's wager I had with wirehead (which he honored, and I paid up on) was specifically to get him to acknowledge how fruitless it was to be constantly trying to speculate on the motives and thoughts and machinations of Vince (especially given that Vince is... yeah...) and to try to encourage some improvement of his posts and avoid the constant back and forth argument about this subject that often derailed this thread before then

For what it's worth, when I offered wirehead a list of suggestions earlier today he just politely took them into consideration and didn't seem terribly offended.

If the man himself is upset and feels bullied he could speak up I suppose.

• Options
    The very fact that they are important to people in key decision-making positions are why they are important.

Like of course they don't matter if you take away the reasons they matter. It's like saying merch sales only matter to the people making the money, therefore they don't matter. If we are going to restrict discussion about the business that much then I think that's silly.

If you're not interested in talking about that, and how that might effect the product, then fine.

Other people can still talk about it.

This is one of many things people in this thread are shitty to Wirehead about, and just because he's handled the hostility well doesn't mean it isn't still shitty. And it bothers me. People are really hostile for bad reasons and it sucks.

• Options
    Like have some of you considered that you do not have to participate in every conversation? That if you feel a particular topic isn't valuable to you, you can just...not engage with it? And let people who want to do so?

You guys keep talking about how it derails the thread. But it only does so because people get shitty about it.

• Options
    The very fact that they are important to people in key decision-making positions are why they are important.

Like of course they don't matter if you take away the reasons they matter. It's like saying merch sales only matter to the people making the money, therefore they don't matter. If we are going to restrict discussion about the business that much then I think that's silly.

If you're not interested in talking about that, and how that might effect the product, then fine.

This is one of many things people in this thread are shitty to Wirehead about, and just because he's handled the hostility well doesn't mean it isn't still shitty. And it bothers me. People are really hostile for bad reasons and it sucks.

It's not that it can't be talked about, it's that there's not much meat to the discussion to be had when all we have on the decisions being made in response to them is speculation.

Yes, ratings are low, objectively they are. Those are numbers, you can look at them. Does Vince look at those numbers and think things and do those thoughts influence decisions he makes about the product? Maybe! Probably!

Do we know what those decisions are, or what they could be? No, and that part is just trying to read meaning from tea leaves or chicken entrails (which tbh, isn't too different from the value of Nielsen itself but sssshhhh don't say that too loud around advertisers)

It leads to pointless discussions like oh so and so is probably gonna get the strap taken off him because ratings were low when he was champ and Vince blames them.

Really? Got a quote from Vince on that do ya, bud? Or is that more tea leaves? Pretty sure it's the latter.

And I'm not using an absurd hypothetical, that was a multipage argument in this very thread a while back and it was dumb as hell.

It's why the ratings argument is so pointless, because you can only go "the ratings are low"
    "yep, sure are"

Everything else that isn't accompanied by statements or citations, even whispered bullshit from DA SHEETZ, is just a bunch of pseudo-telepathic faffing about and chicken-littling.

That's why people get mad about it. It's because its a non-starter.

• Options
    Pony wrote: »

It's not that it can't be talked about, it's that there's not much meat to the discussion to be had when all we have on the decisions being made in response to them is speculation.

Yes, ratings are low, objectively they are. Those are numbers, you can look at them. Does Vince look at those numbers and think things and do those thoughts influence decisions he makes about the product? Maybe! Probably!

Do we know what those decisions are, or what they could be? No, and that part is just trying to read meaning from tea leaves or chicken entrails (which tbh, isn't too different from the value of Nielsen itself but sssshhhh don't say that too loud around advertisers)

It leads to pointless discussions like oh so and so is probably gonna get the strap taken off him because ratings were low when he was champ and Vince blames them.

Really? Got a quote from Vince on that do ya, bud? Or is that more tea leaves? Pretty sure it's the latter.

And I'm not using an absurd hypothetical, that was a multipage argument in this very thread a while back and it was dumb as hell.

It's why the ratings argument is so pointless, because you can only go "the ratings are low"
    "yep, sure are"

Everything else that isn't accompanied by statements or citations, even whispered bullshit from DA SHEETZ, is just a bunch of pseudo-telepathic faffing about and chicken-littling.

That's why people get mad about it. It's because its a non-starter.

Some people like to speculate on things. You don't. So don't.

• Options
    Masamune42 wrote: »
    I remember the first time I saw Swagger I thought "this kid is going to be a big deal". I also thought that about Wade Barrett.

I clearly know nothing.

Well now, Barrett was the inaugural winner of NXT and WWE's then-next breakout star.

• Options
    Where is Barrett? Is he indying?

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    He's still out trying to get revenge on Papa Shango

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Nah, he has made a few appearances at wrestling related things but is supposedly trying to get into acting

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

For the most part he's moving on from wrestling and doing acting

• Options
    Nah, he has made a few appearances at wrestling related things but is supposedly trying to get into acting

Oh good for him!

I hope he does well, he's a charismatic chap.

• Options
    I can totally see him getting a solid gig as the bad guy on, like, a USA cable show

He's got a great look and voice and can read lines well

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Okay, so now that I'm caught up...

Does anyone know what the deal is with Southpaw Regional Wrestling? I mean like, what the motivation was?

I love it and want the shirt, but it came out of nowhere and is just so completely random. Is it a test? A way to sell more merch? Just for fun?

I'd love to know, but has anyone anywhere talked about it?

• Options

Does anyone know what the deal is with Southpaw Regional Wrestling? I mean like, what the motivation was?

I love it and want the shirt, but it came out of nowhere and is just so completely random. Is it a test? A way to sell more merch? Just for fun?

They've been doing SRW backstage for fun to entertain each other for years

Someone, probably Gallows and Anderson, just decided to actually film it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Are you telling me that they've been larping backstage while the Other Larp was happening

• Options

Are you telling me that they've been larping backstage while the Other Larp was happening
    100% yes

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.