Options

[Mass Effect: Andromeda] Sara's out and Scott free; tag your spoilers.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    I don't understand this crafting / R&D system; I researched an augmentation that gives me +20% power damage when my weapon has a full magazine. It says I can apply this augmentation when I craft a new weapon. I feel like that makes sense, but when I swap over to developement and I try to craft a weapon (any weapon), and I select the augmentations to add, nothing appears.

I read all around in-game, and I think this is saying that I just have the blueprint now, and I have to scan around to find these things out in the world. Is that right? Because that seems really janky.

IIRC level 1 weapons don't have augment slots, they gain more as they level up

All the ones I'm trying to craft have 2 aug slots.

I don't know, man.

I haven't touched the augmentations yet, but are you sure you don't have to craft the augmentation in the development menu after researching it?

Pretty sure, I mean I don't even see a place in the development tab to craft actual augmentations. I see weapons and armor and nomad stuff, but no actual augs. I don't know, I'll check it out more tomorrow, I guess.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    When you research the blueprint it gives you a copy and adds them to the random loot pool, that's what the bit about scanning in the environment means.

However, that one might be bugged. I just launched the game and researched it to see—the Remnant power booster—and it doesn't show up in my inventory afterward, unlike all the other ones I've researched.

Oh, okay. So, maybe that aug is just busted. Awesome, at least that makes sense, lol. Too bad, though; it's like the only aug I've seen so far that I'd actually use for this insanity / flamethrower build.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    GPU decided to retire and so now the best I can get the game running on old hardware is Low presets on 720p

Honestly can't decide if I really hate how it looks now that much

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Pure biotic is the build to take if you want to just dominate. Its rough early on, but with vanguard charge, shield eating lance and annihilation field with the combat bonus's I'm dominating. I even had a fight with 3 freaking fiends that I was able to wreck.

My constructs and snipper rifle build might not be exactly exciting, but it is pretty effective.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Pretty sure, I mean I don't even see a place in the development tab to craft actual augmentations. I see weapons and armor and nomad stuff, but no actual augs. I don't know, I'll check it out more tomorrow, I guess.

Nah, you can't craft augs in the develop tab. I'm hoping there's a shop that will sell ones you've researched later so you have an easier supply for additional copies other than "find it randomly," but in the meantime, you can deconstruct an augged gun which refunds any augmentations used on it, along with the usual random crafting mats like omni-gel and whatnot, so you don't have to worry about permanently committing your first copy.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Is there a jump upgrade? I am trying to get to some loot crates on Eos but can't jump high enough. I'm now trying to perch the nomad on top of this rock to boost the height so I can make the jump.

edit: NVM. I just suck :P Got it eventually.

danx on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Listen, Ryder, I know you pride yourself on a casual, relaxed approach, but wearing a hoodie during diplomatic talks is going too far.
    yf5POCx.jpg

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Holy Cow, what was I thinking to not start the SP campaign with a Black Widow ? How I missed that familiar boom-thwack-kerthunk sound effect. Never change, MASS EFFECT.

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Can you put remnant augmentations onto initiative weapons?

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Heh, your first conversation with Jaal-
    Jaal: "I honor the Moeshe, and I love her still."

Ryder: "Um, yeah, that's great. Great... oh hey, is that your gun ?"

Fairchild on
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Listen, Ryder, I know you pride yourself on a casual, relaxed approach, but wearing a hoodie during diplomatic talks is going too far.
    yf5POCx.jpg

i don't know.... doesn't seem all that out of place there.

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    So I was going to save some colonists and didn't realize holding down Y (which I thought would get me out of the new mako) would evacuate me via the Tempest. It occured less than a second after the colonists shouted "Help us, please!"

Sorry guys.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man the nomad with 6 wd fully upgraded is a mountain goat.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So... uh...
    you can't run things over in the nomad?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Hmmm. I completed a side-quest on a
    Remnant Site

and the symbol on the map is still white. Why is it not blue? I need it to be blue.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So... uh...

Sure you can.

It isn't an immediate splat unless it is a super weak bug or something, but I've definitely barreled through a mass of kett and blown the shields on all the ascendants and the stealth sniper dudes I can't ever recall the name of. Pull > charge > nova afterward cleared out the entire camp.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Remnant Site

and the symbol on the map is still white. Why is it not blue? I need it to be blue.

Probably a crate you missed.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Remnant Site

And back I go. Related: Can I tap out mineral sites?

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    danx wrote: »
    Is there a jump upgrade? I am trying to get to some loot crates on Eos but can't jump high enough. I'm now trying to perch the nomad on top of this rock to boost the height so I can make the jump.

You may need to do a jump puzzle. Remember you can jump and then boost forward in mid air.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Remnant Site

Remnant Site

Yeah they go blue when you do, they go from rich, good, fair, depleted.

Mineral scanner designed by people who make gas gauges.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    So... uh...

Sure you can.

It isn't an immediate splat unless it is a super weak bug or something, but I've definitely barreled through a mass of kett and blown the shields on all the ascendants and the stealth sniper dudes I can't ever recall the name of. Pull > charge > nova afterward cleared out the entire camp.

Speedbump!

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I think the best use of the heat sink in most cases is for weapons that have big ammo clips that you do lots of spraying and praying with. Even with your passive bonuses to spare ammo you can run out quickly, so not having to worry about it lets you focus your build on other bonuses. Either that or if you're a sniper, and you need a secondary gun that you're sure will never run out of ammo.

The one scenario where heat sink is really helpful is if you're a heavy-duty caster. This game has almost no animation cancels, but the heat sink reset is only based on when you last fired, so if you shoot most of your clip and then use a couple of skills, you'll have full ammo again by the time you finish.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Remnant Site

Remnant Site

Unsure if they changed it for this one, but in previous Mass Effect games there was no point it mining if you weren't seeing Rich or Good. So I'd kinda keep track so that you're not wasting your time for almost no gains.

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So... uh...

Sure you can.

Does it require upgrades to like actually seem like it's doing something? Because I ran over super weak bugs and nothing. Or is it because I'm playing on insanity that I am denied such pleasures?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    So, after eos I did
    voeld, and then, when the planet was at 100% viability I had an encounter
    with an architect. I killed it, but because it was 4 am Friday night I missed the item it dropped... What did I miss? Haven't played much after that, should I just kill that thing again?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Remnant Site

Remnant Site

Unsure if they changed it for this one, but in previous Mass Effect games there was no point it mining if you weren't seeing Rich or Good. So I'd kinda keep track so that you're not wasting your time for almost no gains.

Every mining node starts at rich and works down to depleted. And you can get moderate strikes at fair. It's really just you get 4 or 5 bites at the apple and then have to move on. Honestly you get more resources on foot. And I've never really had much need for resources outside of really early game.

Then again the Valk is civilization.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    A Mass Effect with mostly bad romance options... dang.

I guess I have kind of been spoiled by the characters fleshed out over the original trilogy and shouldn't expect a Garrus right off the bat. But dang it's a big step down to nothing.

I dunno if I want to bother settling for Liam. Maybe just go solo and wait and see if someone interesting is introduced in the sequel.

• Options
    So... uh...

Sure you can.

Does it require upgrades to like actually seem like it's doing something? Because I ran over super weak bugs and nothing. Or is it because I'm playing on insanity that I am denied such pleasures?

Could be insanity. I'm just playing on normal, I always save Insanity for a second run after I have a grip on the game.

I hadn't upgraded my Nomad at all until last last night so I was definitely doing the running over dudes in the very base Nomad on Voeld.

Incidentally, upgrade your Nomad. That is to everyone. You might think it isn't worth the resources or something, but good lord the difference is night and day with a few good upgrades to speed, handling and boost duration.

The jump still seems completely worthless and even with two (I think) upgrades to it, it is barely a bunny hop and doesn't even come close to behaving like the Mako, which is a bummer. Yes, I'm a crazy who really enjoyed the Mako. :rotate:

Anyway, speaking of a second playthrough, though I'm probably not close to finishing my first (I know I'm not close, I spend too much time dorking around, I've only done two planets), does this game have a NG+ like past games?

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Krogan hammer can send dudes flying. Its a slower attack though, really satisfying.

Bad romance options? Man I wanted to fuck everyone... My hardest decision is who to take in my parties everyone is great. Drak though has earned his place as my number 1 by making enemies go number 2.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I don't know if it's his loyalty mission per se, but the Liam mission where
    you track down his Angaran contact, Verand. God damn, this shit is hilarious. First, Liam charges through a door right into a turret, then abruptly shuts the door "nope, not that way."

Then Ryder and Liam have an argument with each other while the super evil pirate leader keeps trying to interject with a comm call and they take it in turns to hang up on him while continuing to yell at each other.

So, so good.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    So, after eos I did
    voeld, and then, when the planet was at 100% viability I had an encounter
    with an architect. I killed it, but because it was 4 am Friday night I missed the item it dropped... What did I miss? Haven't played much after that, should I just kill that thing again?

From what I saw on a stream, it spawns a container, so might still be there if you re-load and return to the same location. It worked for said streamer, though they did not leave the game, just fast-traveled.

hippofant on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I don't know if it's his loyalty mission per se, but the Liam mission where
    you track down his Angaran contact, Verand. God damn, this shit is hilarious. First, Liam charges through a door right into a turret, then abruptly shuts the door "nope, not that way."

Then Ryder and Liam have an argument with each other while the super evil pirate leader keeps trying to interject with a comm call and they take it in turns to hang up on him while continuing to yell at each other.

So, so good.

Yes that's his loyalty mission and its god damn fantastic. Like the other ones have more serious implications and character details, but Liam's was poetry.

Also I just clued in that the guy who is the head colonist on Eos does the voice over work for an animal planet show called "north woods law" I knew I knew that voice from somewhere.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NastrondNastrond Registered User regular
    I ended up re-starting because my Ryder's face was bugging me.

The lack of the paragon/renegade system on a second play though is really staggering. MEA2 really needs a paragon/renegade system AND the 4 tone system. Let the player avoid red emotion so they can not be a dick with no gain, but come down on red professionalism when collateral damage is the cost of doing business (or even choose between red emotion, blue emotion, red logic, and blue logic for a big decision). Tone system is good but just incomplete without the philosophical system, and vice versa. They identified the problem, then threw the baby out with the bathwater big time.

Also, second time through... seriously scanning needs to die in a fire. Scanning in space can go die. Scanning in your car can go die. Scanning on foot can go die. Scanning during missions can go die. Scanning in non-combat areas can go die. I'm surprised they don't have you scanning during conversations and cut scenes too.

• Options
    I like that there is no paragon renegade. Lets me dip in to the more funny dialogue options like finishing the 6th planet I had a dialogue option.

For Fuck Tann like that's what the option said, and Ryder paraphrased said "I can't tell you many fucks I don't have for Tann" Previously that would have been locked for me as I'm like strictly paragon, with no such system I can show I don't give a shit what Tann thinks.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Speaking of Liam.

Dude, great, ok, now put your fucking shirt on.

EDIT: You are no James Vega, sir.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Has anyone seen the M-99 Saber in game yet?

I need need my staple gun from hell back

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Honestly, I'm about this far " from just hacking myself 1 million each of credits and every single kind of resource available.

While I'm at it I might see how many variables carry the value "50" to see if I can increase my damned inventory limit.

• Options
    Has anyone seen the M-99 Saber in game yet?

I need need my staple gun from hell back

I honestly have yet to find a gun in ME:A I really like.

The difference between even Ultra Rare weapons and everything else is too much to not take one, even if it isn't my bag, for pure damage.

I like a couple of the shotguns, I guess, but while I think the Mattock would be what I really like (single shot rifle, my preference in most FPS, though if a 3 shot pulse doesn't have mega kickback I can suffice), it is just super weak compared to the Valkryie I'm using.

If anyone has a recommendation, I'd love to hear it. There are too many options to just try to research everything, and MP (which I haven't played in a couple days anyway) has totally random rewards so it isn't a great testbed for weaponry.

I did get one of the kett ARs in MP, the one that does a single shot, and a charge three shot, and it is just too damn weak, I didn't like it at all.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Orca wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm about this far " from just hacking myself 1 million each of credits and every single kind of resource available.

While I'm at it I might see how many variables carry the value "50" to see if I can increase my damned inventory limit.

Once I convinced myself there was no reason to hold onto weapons/armor/mods I am not using, and probably won't use, regardless of their rarity, inventory problems are no longer an issue. Granted the first upgrade thingy I got was the +15 inventory, but honestly I don't think I even need that.

Which is really unusual for me because I'm a hoarder in all video games, but I dunno, maybe how readily accessible research/development is, and how frequently I seem to be getting weapons/armor in containers, something clicked that it just didn't matter if I held onto that full set of Angaran, Kett, and Pathfinder armor that I wasn't using anyway because I'm using the +XP preorder/deluxe stuff.

EDIT: Augs don't take up inventory space, by the way. Just throwing that out there, if you're trying to clear space, don't delete them. Get rid of mods first, particularly ones with super shitty modifiers (no, game, I won't trade 15% accuracy for 1% more weapon damage, I will just keep using the common mod that doesn't have a drawback with virtually the same benefit :rotate: ). They don't sell for shit, so if you're in a pinch, dump them.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

I'm at the same point but wary because I don't want it to be like "lol you used a memory editor in sp so now you're banned"

I might need to, though, for Milky Way research alone. Otherwise I'm going to be the one waiting 600 years.

This discussion has been closed.