Options

Mass Effect Andromeda: Pathfinder, I've detected a thread that you can post in

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Do we know that there's gonna be story DLC?

Or if the multiplayer will get the same support as 3?

We know that multiplayer is gonna get more maps and more characters and more weapons and whatnot, but we don't know precisely how many

There was also no season pass, which means we don't know their DLC plans going forward, except that there will likely be DLC

There's at least one obvious DLC hook in the early game:
    There's a fifth ark with quarians and other races on the way.
    Wait, it got delayed a bit and the Hyperion departure game took place between ME2 and ME3 right?

Calling it now, Tali's on that boat, red or blue ending canon.

rhylith on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Okay so Elaaden.
    This planet is dumb and boring and most importantly why are there two shitty sand planets? We already did Eos!

Ugh. Take me back, Kadara!

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

We know that multiplayer is gonna get more maps and more characters and more weapons and whatnot, but we don't know precisely how many

There was also no season pass, which means we don't know their DLC plans going forward, except that there will likely be DLC

There's at least one obvious DLC hook in the early game:
    There's a fifth ark with quarians and other races on the way.
    Wait, it got delayed a bit and this game took place between ME2 and ME3 right?

Calling it now, Tali's on that boat, red or blue ending canon.
    My guess is that they are the hook for a Reaper/Geth storyline - there's even some text from the Angarans worrying about what the Milky Way denizens were running from and what would happen if they were followed. While you wouldn't want to bring up old business in the main game, that's still a major part of the setting (and a whole lot of already fully developed units for multiplayer), a DLC would be the obvious chance to fully bring the old enemies and friendly aliens into the new setting.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    The problem I see with The Discourse is some people (and I don't think I've seen this here) have been too fervently overcorrecting

The backlash to the backlash has some attempts to paint criticism as unreasonable or pushing an agenda

It's like when Aisha Tyler went on an insane Twitter tirade hunting down and singling out people that didn't like Batman V. Superman

I really like this game, but boy is it very easy to dislike and I can't begrudge anyone for drawing the line at, oh, nearly any single one of its faults

The problem is that some of that "criticism" was from the Grumblegoat set of folks who were slavering dogs with knives at the ready to dive into this fucking game because BioWare is part of the nefarious SJW conspiracy ruining gaming or some shit.

These people doxxed and harassed one of the former animators at BioWare who worked on this game because she's a woman (and let's be honest, that was the real reason they did), it was so bad you had BioWare officially commenting on it.

So it's one of those things where yes, people do get defensive, yes there is some unfortunate "splash damage" as people get accused of using a similar argument to one of those deplorables... because they're not just straw-men. Those dudes are real and they're really fucking tearing into this game with a fervor.

There are other, normal, good-hearted people who just have completely reasonable problems and complaints with the game and they have genuine criticisms, but they're being talked over by dudes with screaming YouTube channels, and those guys are getting more attention.

Like, I don't think anyone in this thread has derped and herped about SOCIAL JUSTICE or some garbage, or said that the facial animations are bad because BioWare wants to guilt men for objectifying women (an actual Gooblegroot argument). Nobody here is doing that. That sort of... individual doesn't really last long in this forum's culture in the light of day, they have to hide behind dog-whistles and the like and SE++ in general doesn't stand for it given this forum's very progressive culture.

But the tenor of some of the reaction to that shit, elsewhere online, like you're seeing on Twitter and whatnot? That's people snarling at shitbags... and sorta getting a little knee-jerk and defensive towards people who are not but are like

"But also the UI design is bad"

because it is

• Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    People overstate the tech issues in some circles, but MEA absolutely has more problems than most major games.

I don't think the "other games have these problems" argument is one that holds up very well. Mass Effect is not the baseline, here. It's below it.

People have used these issues to rake the game over the coals to a pretty unfair degree, that much is true. But at the same time, I think it's important we don't fully excuse Bioware/EA here.

I encountered more issues, big or small, in my first ten hours of MEA more than I have in every other 2017 game combined. And I've played almost every noteworthy release this year.

Counterpoint is me: a is huge

I'm 33 hours in with 40% of the game done

At 33 hours I had practically exhausted horizon zd

Like, a third of me:a's sidequests is the equivalent of all of horizon's quests

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    One irritation that extends to most modern RPGs - the move from unique loot to crafting/multiplayer focuses has really diminished the joy of discovering new stuff. I remember what it was like in Baldur's Gate to find that one three-headed mace that you kept with you throughout the game or the set of armor whose look, fluff, and stats made it a joy to find and a pain to finally take off when the game moved beyond it.

Even with the decent selection of different guns, there's just isn't that desire to keep looting and opening crates hoping to find that one special item that will change the experience of the game. It's all just incremental, to the point that looting becomes a chore.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

Considering the designs for rewards and micro-transactions being very similar to ME3 I think it's a pretty safe bet they intend to support it on a similar level. But people playing and buying packs will determine the level of support more than anything.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Ugh I need a better source of milky way research points than waiting on my avp timer

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Ugh I need a better source of milky way research points than waiting on my avp timer

Raid Kadara.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Gator wrote: »
    People overstate the tech issues in some circles, but MEA absolutely has more problems than most major games.

I don't think the "other games have these problems" argument is one that holds up very well. Mass Effect is not the baseline, here. It's below it.

People have used these issues to rake the game over the coals to a pretty unfair degree, that much is true. But at the same time, I think it's important we don't fully excuse Bioware/EA here.

I encountered more issues, big or small, in my first ten hours of MEA more than I have in every other 2017 game combined. And I've played almost every noteworthy release this year.

Counterpoint is me: a is huge

I'm 33 hours in with 40% of the game done

At 33 hours I had practically exhausted horizon zd

Like, a third of me:a's sidequests is the equivalent of all of horizon's quests

Counterpoint: it didn't have to be huge. If your quantity has that big an impact on your quality, then you made a mistake in the ratio.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I think a lot of the quests (read: Literally Any Task) in this game are a waste of time, though

Just cause stuff is there doesn't mean it's worthwhile

Horizon had way less stuff, but also much less busywork

And it had its fair share of busywork!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Ah, for the person who was worried that they had locked themselves out of a Jaal romance.
    Looks like after going to Aya the second time, Jamal will be flirtable when you talk to him on the ship.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »

Raid Kadara.

The one 'planet' in the top right corner of the cluster has a ton of Milky Way research nodes too, if you haven't scanned that yet.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Yeah this game is pretty big.. I'm playing since release when I have some time, and I'm at like.
    I think a lot of the quests (read: Literally Any Task) in this game are a waste of time, though

Just cause stuff is there doesn't mean it's worthwhile

Horizon had way less stuff, but also much less busywork

And it had its fair share of busywork!

Eh... I liked every quest so far, and allmost all the "regular" quests that could be seen as "mmo-like" have been "on the way", that is, they're not "fetch 11 boar asses on the other side of the world", more like "do these things that flesh out a part of a part of the back story on the way to this bigger thing you're already doing"

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Well shit.

Anyone know if there's a way to get back researched weapon augments? Realised I sold the weapon I had my heat sink mod on. Yesterday. Many saves ago. Too many saves ago.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'm just past halfway.

My opinion on the game hasn't shifted too much.
    I don't think Me:A is a bad game, but I think it could be a case study in learning the wrong lessons from other games. Or at least, doesn't agree with my view of what a game should be like.
    Not how an open-world rpg should be, not how quests should engage the player, not how choices should matter.

Everything in the game feels like just a bit too much effort for the pay-off.

I spend 30 minutes in crafting windows to get my rank 4 stuff to rank 5, and gain like 7% biotic power damage and 2% weapon damage. See you in 10 levels....

Endlessly managing resources, mining etcet.

I need to talk to someone on the Nexus and I have to go through an off planet animation, 3 zoom-outs, a flying animation, and then 2 more loading screens.
    And then the quest flips to On Hold after 3 lines of dialogue.
    Scanning planets takes too long.
    I feel the combat is very samey. It's mooks all the time.

Maybe it's me, but this meandering tasks and tertiary quest model kills momentum for me.
    I've always praised ME2 for having a TV season model.
    It's essentially a series of 30-60 minute episodes that focus on different characters but slowly add to the plot, a turn in the middle, leading up to a finale.
    And I think storytelling in that environment is much easier and worked better.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I wish I could have just have two Vetras in my squad. She's the best.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Well shit.

Anyone know if there's a way to get back researched weapon augments? Realised I sold the weapon I had my heat sink mod on. Yesterday. Many saves ago. Too many saves ago.

There's no way to get that particular one back, but once you research them, they become drops in the world

So go killin, I guess

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    A Trail of Hope w/Moshae
    Ayo fuckface, who the fuck are you to say I don't care for your people when I just made the decision to save their asses from that temple instead of blowing them up, and I've been doing hours of quests as favors to the Angara? Go fuck yourself!

• Options

I love hearing her rev up and just explode fools when she gets going. Also her banters rule. Vetra is a real good character.

• Options
    I really like how often you see your squadmates actually doing stuff in combat

Drack steals my kills, sometimes!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Drack set up so many firey explosions. And his general cranky oldmanness on every quest was great.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

I love hearing her rev up and just explode fools when she gets going. Also her banters rule. Vetra is a real good character.

Her awesome laugh while doing sick nasty low gravity jumps off of mountains in the nomad is one of my favorite things in this game so far.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

Dude needs to keep his rage going between waves.
    My friends are usually pretty good about leaving the last mook or so alive for us krogans to headbutt so we can keep rolling.

Except for one friend, who frequently gets carried away blowing stuff up with his adept.

But then once he picked up a raider with Pull and carried him over to me which made up for his previous transgressions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    So I'm really glad I unlocked the Raptor real early in multiplayer, because it is the only assault rifle worth having

That it is classified as a sniper rifle is beside the point

Also I have specced my turian havoc trooper so she takes like half-damage as long as she's in the air so instead of going into cover I'm literally floating and letting people shoot me at every opportunity because I take less damage that way

This game ain't that bad!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    So I'm really glad I unlocked the Raptor real early in multiplayer, because it is the only assault rifle worth having

That it is classified as a sniper rifle is beside the point

Also I have specced my turian havoc trooper so she takes like half-damage as long as she's in the air so instead of going into cover I'm literally floating and letting people shoot me at every opportunity because I take less damage that way

This game ain't that bad!

Someone in G&T linked a video about the Turian havoc build with the remnant. And I'll be damned if the class isn't super fun even at low levels. Incinerate, flak cannon, and turbo charge? Baby where do I begin!?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Is there ever a scenario where you don't want to have skills that you can auto combo, aka why would I ever switch from Incinerate + Overload?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Is there ever a scenario where you don't want to have skills that you can auto combo, aka why would I ever switch from Incinerate + Overload?

Did you mean Energy Drain

I think you meant Energy Drain :biggrin:

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Really good shortcut that I discovered today: When you're in the Nomad, you can hold T on the keyboard to get sucked up into the Tempest and go to orbit - that way you don't have to fast travel back to town just to get on a ship to depart!

• Options
    I figured that one out the first time I accidentally warped to the Tempest while trying to exit the car.

• Options
    Pull + Throw is the best shit

Every single enemy that I whittle down to just health, it's "Team Rocket's blasting off agaaaaaaaaaaaaaain"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    godmode wrote: »
    Really good shortcut that I discovered today: When you're in the Nomad, you can hold T on the keyboard to get sucked up into the Tempest and go to orbit - that way you don't have to fast travel back to town just to get on a ship to depart!

This comes into super handy when there is a planet you literally can not leave from any other way.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    btw on consoles/pad it's Y when you're in the tempest.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Also, I'm super saddened that there isn't a good AR. I mean, you can craft something but why when there's all these pistols and shotguns....

• Options
    Also, I'm super saddened that there isn't a good AR. I mean, you can craft something but why when there's all these pistols and shotguns....

The Valkerie is an exceptional AR. 3 round burst, fast reload, solid damage.

The revenant is also pretty good if you like your ar's with bullet hose.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    It feels like they buffed Overload a little from the previous games-

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    And sniper rifles.

I barely ever use powers. Just sit back and headshot people till they die. Floaty Orb Boss? Shoot his orb then shoot his head a couple times.

Sometimes it makes combat a little boring when I can kill every enemy in a camp without alerting them into combat mode. But at the same time, I can kill every enemy in a camp without alerting them into combat mode.

The only time I use anything else is on Architects, as you need to be constantly moving during those fights so an AR with Incendiary ammo helps a lot.

• Options
    Hermano wrote: »
    It feels like they buffed Overload a little from the previous games-

hahaha.

I've had similar "NO FUCK YOU!!!" with a lance annihilation field combo. Also the krogan hammer sends non armored enemies flying.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I have three planets at 100% viability, and I just figured out how to use consumables.

:#

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I have three planets at 100% viability, and I just figured out how to use consumables.

:#

Hey, at least you're being frugal with limited Initiative resources!

This discussion has been closed.