Options

Mass Effect Andromeda: Pathfinder, I've detected a thread that you can post in

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Black widow tech combo bomb remnant ice gauntlet build infiltrator is the life. My secondary weapons are a phalanx, until I get the eagle researched up, and the disciple. Got fast reloads on the widow, extra piercing, and super fast tech recharge. Some fights I don't even have to fire a weapon.

Weaver on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I completed Kadara last night with Drak and Vetra as my teammates.

And yo, those two have some extremely good banter.

Including one that made me go "awwwwwwww" like I was watching a fuckin' Kodak moment or something.
    It's the one where Drak is giving Vetra emotional support and Vetra's all, "Man, I wish Sid and I had had you for a dad."

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Vortex for worst ME club ever. The staff sends me out to pick up booze and there's just some bald lady on stage that waves once every 20 seconds or so.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Vortex for worst ME club ever. The staff sends me out to pick up booze and there's just some bald lady on stage that waves once every 20 seconds or so.

That's why it's hilarious though

It's not even supposed to be a bar!

They just invaded some poor chemist's lab!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Is it bad that in my head, I'm figuring the "mysterious benefactor is
    The Ilusive Man or at the very least Cerberus adjacent? It just sorta reeks of the kind of long game he'd have dipped his fingers into in some capacity as and he was the type that would very much know about the project.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »

That's why it's hilarious though

It's not even supposed to be a bar!

They just invaded some poor chemist's lab!

I keep waiting for that guy to give me a drink called Enchantments?!

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Design-wise (and mostly resident-wise) Aya is my jam. I've done it, path found, time to kick up my feet.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Later Aya side mission.
    You have to talk to three Angarans who are thinking of moving to the Nexus and convince them to do so. Tan has directed the Ambassador. I convinced all three, even needing a reload at one point, and got them all to agree. Went back and Ambassador was all, "Well Tan isn't happy with your work but he appreciated the effort." Man FUCK Tan. I bent space time to make them all happy and that wasn't good enough?!?

Neat little thing though is I ran into one of those dudes on the Nexus later and he seemed very happy.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Design-wise (and mostly resident-wise) Aya is my jam. I've done it, path found, time to kick up my feet.
    But

Its already populated!

Find your own planet!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    But

Its already populated!

Find your own planet!

Later Aya spoilers about living on Aya.
    Also kicking you feet back means some other poor sod had to leave Aya and probably got killed by the Kett!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Kadara Vault spoilers
    From this one hexagonal platform, jump just doesn't work. I hit it, the animation and sound activate, but there's no lift. This keeps making me throw myself into the pool of sulfuric water surrounding it.

Hilariously this also meant I got caught by the purification cloud as I was trying to escape. Absolutely nothing happened. It just went away and I left at a leisurely pace.

Firefighters quest line
    This was a frustrating one. Unless the game was supposed to be more lenient and I hit a bug, I locked myself in to the bad end by simply pulling up my scanner, once. Put it away immediately, didn't actually SCAN anything although I got some dialog implying I did after reading a datapad. Talked around, made the thing for Alain, got the codeword from him and headed for the terminal. Once that's done, everyone goes nuts and tries to kill me. As a side note, Alain is completely unfazed by this if you poke him after murdering everyone else in the building.

Then I head to the Nexus, it tells me something about one of the blasts going off in Hydroponics but it looks exactly the same, find the EMPs, confront Knight, and any dialogue option to appeal to her better nature through helping Alain is apparently left off because of the firefight. All cuz I hit D-pad down. Whoops.

And one more, Drack's personal quest(s):
    If there was an ending cutscene to the whole thing with Spender, I missed it as he went into the conversation about the krogan seed vault getting stolen instead, but the previous quest completion flag still got set

With Drack that's not the end of that particular line of stuff...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Gator wrote: »
    People overstate the tech issues in some circles, but MEA absolutely has more problems than most major games.

I don't think the "other games have these problems" argument is one that holds up very well. Mass Effect is not the baseline, here. It's below it.

People have used these issues to rake the game over the coals to a pretty unfair degree, that much is true. But at the same time, I think it's important we don't fully excuse Bioware/EA here.

I encountered more issues, big or small, in my first ten hours of MEA more than I have in every other 2017 game combined. And I've played almost every noteworthy release this year.

Counterpoint is me: a is huge

I'm 33 hours in with 40% of the game done

At 33 hours I had practically exhausted horizon zd

Like, a third of me:a's sidequests is the equivalent of all of horizon's quests

Counterpoint: it didn't have to be huge. If your quantity has that big an impact on your quality, then you made a mistake in the ratio.

Counter-counter-point: It's huge and hugely fun for the duration so I'm glad at the size as are many other people.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    But

Its already populated!

Find your own planet!

I never said the entire Nexus was invited, all I need is an apartment for me and Vetra that my pals can chill out at.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I think my favorite thing about this game is having access to all of the abilities so I can mix and match.

I'm still using Tactical Cloak to snipe enemies.

Just with Charge, I am the bullet.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Kadara:
    It's bugging me that ryder is walking around without even a gun.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    I think my favorite thing about this game is having access to all of the abilities so I can mix and match.

I'm still using Tactical Cloak to snipe enemies.

Just with Charge, I am the bullet.

There's even a cheevo for doing this!

It's called Vanguard Surprise

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I know, I have it.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    People overstate the tech issues in some circles, but MEA absolutely has more problems than most major games.

I don't think the "other games have these problems" argument is one that holds up very well. Mass Effect is not the baseline, here. It's below it.

People have used these issues to rake the game over the coals to a pretty unfair degree, that much is true. But at the same time, I think it's important we don't fully excuse Bioware/EA here.

I encountered more issues, big or small, in my first ten hours of MEA more than I have in every other 2017 game combined. And I've played almost every noteworthy release this year.

Counterpoint: it didn't have to be huge. If your quantity has that big an impact on your quality, then you made a mistake in the ratio.

Counter-counter-point: It's huge and hugely fun for the duration so I'm glad at the size as are many other people.

I just saying that "the game is big" is not an argument that dismisses the problems the game has.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Made a sweeper 3. Modded it to have seeking incendiary bullets. And three mod slots. It's real good

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017

I just saying that "the game is big" is not an argument that dismisses the problems the game has.

Well no, only if the point of the discussion keeps changing.

It was a response as to why you can't directly compare the things. It was not dismissing the issues at all rather just responded to the attempts at comparing it to another thing. A bigger thing is going to have have more trouble being issue free. That's all the response was saying.

Saying it being that big is a detriment is only applicable if the game wouldn't lose something for shrinking.

Therefore my response was pointing out that for many other people the size is not a detriment and instead a positive. You can't take any one of the comments here out of context and make it stand on it's own. It's part of a conversation and that is very important to the meaning of each comment.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I was disappointed by the PAW guys. I mean, my Hornet 2 melted guys even faster. Seriously, I just want a good 3 burst gun.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Just started Kadara:
    My goal for the planet, at this point, is as soon as an outcast or collective steps out of the port they die.

Also, heyo, first Cerberus/TIM/Miranda/Lazarus mention.

Edit: That's an exaggeration. But I'm not a fan of either groups.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Just started Kadara:
    My goal for the planet, at this point, is as soon as an outcast or collective steps out of the port they die.

Whoa, where was that mention?

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Just started Kadara:

cnaOQgq.png
    Go to the building where I am in the red circle, there'll be stuff for you to do.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Very late Voeld spoiler and creeepy bug

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I cleared the first (Eos)
    Remnant Vault
    last night.

That was pretty cool, hopefully getting close to the point where the game opens up.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Just started Kadara:

cnaOQgq.png
    Go to the building where I am in the red circle, there'll be stuff for you to do.
    Yeah. That was appropriately evil and stupid. I made them pay, but it felt like the subjects were permanently broken. Still better than a planet-wide Cerberus hive mind.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    So this is a new bug, Im inside a vault
    I parked my nomad on top of the entrance (the bit that rises out of the ground, maybe this is important )
    I head inside the vault and miss a jump.
    I respawn inside my nomad.....inside the vault.

n2ftjtz4rtih.jpg

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Vaults
    I skipped about half of the Elaaden Vault by jumping across the gap to the power core door instead of going around to the consoles to raise a bridge. It's really nice that it let me do that!

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    oh right, Voeld choice
    I killed the hell out of that AI

Ain't no WAY an AI that knows how to lie to people is making it out

That's full-on Skynet shit

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Mr. G wrote: »
    oh right, Voeld choice

You do miss this (spoiler, of course,) conversation:
    AI: "Sam, I understand you have the ability to vent the air on this space station and kill all the biological units on it?"
    Sam: "Yes, but I would only do so under extreme circumstances."
    AI: "What exactly would those circumstances be?"
    Sam: "Why are you asking?"
    AI: "No reason."

Phillishere on
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    oh right, Voeld choice

You do miss this (spoiler, of course,) conversation:
    AI: "Sam, I understand you have the ability to vent the air on this space station and kill all the biological units on it?"
    Sam: "Yes, but I would only do so under extreme circumstances."
    AI: "What exactly would those circumstances be?"
    Sam: "Why are you asking?"
    AI: "No reason."
    why would anyone save this thing

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017

It was a response as to why you can't directly compare the things. It was not dismissing the issues at all rather just responded to the attempts at comparing it to another thing. A bigger thing is going to have have more trouble being issue free. That's all the response was saying.

Saying it being that big is a detriment is only applicable if the game wouldn't lose something for shrinking.

Therefore my response was pointing out that for many other people the size is not a detriment and instead a positive. You can't take any one of the comments here out of context and make it stand on it's own. It's part of a conversation and that is very important to the meaning of each comment.

If the game being big is why it has so many problems, then the game being big IS a detriment.

That you and others feel what you gain from that is worth it? That's fine.

But the fact of the matter is if Bioware was not capable of making a big game that wasn't full of these issues, and chose to do so anyway, that's on them. It's not a given that it would have had these problems. They, on some level, failed.

Yes I will compare a 40 hour game with few issues to an 80 hour game with tons. That is not an unfair comparison to make. Bioware and EA made their decisions, and those decisions have consequences, good and bad.

And, quite frankly, it's hard to give it a pass for being "big" when Zelda is right there.

People give Bethesda shit for their tech issues, we can give Bioware shit, too.

EDIT: Also I didn't directly compare this game's issues to any one other game so much as I compared them to every other 2017 game combined. This isn't a case of "well it has a few more issues than Zelda or Nier or Yakuza or Horizon or whatever" it's a case of the sheer volume of problems being higher than reasonable. Because yeah, a big open world RPG is going to have some problems. That's expected.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Since the recent conversation might make it seem otherwise, I feel like I should say that I like this game. I think the hate for it has been ridiculous and that certain aspects of the community have been really unfair.

• Options
    edited March 2017

If the game being big is why it has so many problems, then the game being big IS a detriment.

That you and others feel what you gain from that is worth it? That's fine.

But the fact of the matter is if Bioware was not capable of making a big game that wasn't full of these issues, and chose to do so anyway, that's on them. It's not a given that it would have had these problems. They, on some level, failed.

Yes I will compare a 40 hour game with few issues to an 80 hour game with tons. That is not an unfair comparison to make. Bioware and EA made their decisions, and those decisions have consequences, good and bad.

And, quite frankly, it's hard to give it a pass for being "big" when Zelda is right there.

People give Bethesda shit for their tech issues, we can give Bioware shit, too.

EDIT: Also I didn't directly compare this game's issues to any one other game so much as I compared them to every other 2017 game combined. This isn't a case of "well it has a few more issues than Zelda or Nier or Yakuza or Horizon or whatever" it's a case of the sheer volume of problems being higher than reasonable. Because yeah, a big open world RPG is going to have some problems. That's expected.

Bethesda is a perfect example of what I'm saying though. That yea people give them shit but with games that big it's expected and people continue to buy them and they get praised as well over and over again. Do you really consider that Bethesda is failing every time they make a hugely successful critically acclaimed game?

Not every game is the same and can be directly compared there are so many levels of difference and different stuff to compare you can just break it down so simply. Zelda you can't compare, it's got very little story elements, very little voice acting, far less cutscenes needing to be animated. Horizon as well has way less content with way fewer character, talking parts, and a predetermined main character. That's not saying that Andromeda doesn't have more or less issues. I'm saying the comparison isn't so cut and dry as to just throw out the names and act like that means a whole lot because it really doesn't.

Yes I agree it's on them and they made the decision, the point is they decided that making a bigger game at the expense of quality issues was worth it. And whether it's worth it to other people is an individual opinion. Do I wish it had more time to stew and get more kinks fixed? Fuck yea. Do I wish they had just cut the game down and made it smaller in exchange for that extra polish? Fuck no, that would be a less enjoyable experience for me.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Also it's fucking funny. I guarantee some QA dudes figured out how to reproduce that issue and spent half a day doing their best to see how far they could fling a dude.

@Rankenphile there was a Skyrim bug where if a giant hit you, you flew hundreds of feet in the air. Bethesda found it early on and never fixed it because it's fucking rad.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Also it's fucking funny. I guarantee some QA dudes figured out how to reproduce that issue and spent half a day doing their best to see how far they could fling a dude.

Rankenphile there was a Skyrim bug where if a giant hit you, you flew hundreds of feet in the air. Bethesda found it early on and never fixed it because it's fucking rad.

It is maybe still my favorite thing in that entire game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The best thing is that you can send your companions against them and they'll get massive hang time, chill out on their knees for a few second and go "alright, I'm good, I can walk this off"

• Options
    Zelda has less story stuff than Mass Effect but more of other stuff than Mass Effect. You can't make a perfect comparison but they are both big games with lots of stuff and one is a story based game where my main character makes funny faces in every scene and my party members don't talk to each other.

Mass Effect's issues are not what we should expect as "normal" no matter what the size. They break important parts of what the game is trying to be in the first place.

When I compare games, I compare them by assessing them for how well the final product lines up with what it's trying to do. Mass Effect does what it is trying to do worse than those other games do what they are trying to do. Key parts of the core design are broken and/or incredibly rough. That's a big problem, and the size of the game doesn't justify it.

• Options
    Mass Effect pales in comparison to Zelda for me because Mass Effect kind of actively punishes me for exploring

Several times already, whenever I actually DO have the impulse of "that looks cool, let's go over there," I will later have to go back because I got a quest that actually spawns in the important stuff

The exploration in this game is Bad

I don't explore in this game, I look at the map and check off boxes

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.