Options

Nier Auto[chat]a

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    i dislike jokes about cultural appropriation here since this board seems incapable of grasping or discussing it earnestly

This board is terrible at most things, just like it is great at most things

I've appreciated your explanations of the subject in the past. If you come across any good articles on the subject feel free to pm or tag me, as i still dont have the best understanding

Thank you! Will do, though most of what I have back pocket is from books and not easily linkable articles unfortunately.

lol books what is this the 1800s

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    i dislike jokes about cultural appropriation here since this board seems incapable of grasping or discussing it earnestly

I've appreciated your explanations of the subject in the past. If you come across any good articles on the subject feel free to pm or tag me, as i still dont have the best understanding

i think the problem is it's complicated, nuanced, and ill-defined outside of academic circles
    Psssht, let's get liquored up and talk about it like real men.
    Pssh, women, am I right? *chug*
    I'd hit that.
    Go sports team!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I am sitting on my ass too much.

it's probably the best part for a person to sit on tbh

Damn, Chanus, you sure know butts

Chanus can't remember faces.

He remembers butts.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i really like this video i got of my set last night

I RUTHLESSLY DESTROYED A HECKLER

unfortunately you don't have the context of them talking through 20 mins of the opening act so the video just makes me look like a dick being mean after 40 secs of my set

I feel like that's a rite of passage for standups no?

yeah

i usually try to be nice or smart but last night i just went straight to being a dick cus i was short on time and needed to smash it
    After you smashed it, did you smash this beta cucks girlfriend?

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Hakkes are you going to become a law

quite the opposite

although maybe in the future

it depends on how the LSAT goes. Which hopefully I can really concentrate on once I am out of this cesspool

chat or jersey?

You know what, I like NJ god dammit and you bloody do too

But I won't like not living with Beasto :(
    Make him move in with you.

I'm moving in with my mother. I won't make nearly enough to pay for an apartment. And if Beasto moves in with my and my mother, we're definitely splitting up.

He's got to basically house sit the Astoria pied a terre for my relaxation on the weekends

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options

Thank you! Will do, though most of what I have back pocket is from books and not easily linkable articles unfortunately.

lol books what is this the 1800s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-a8TG-1gWY

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I would honestly like to prolong that hesitation and intimacy right before the kiss, that's what I really want from a quickly-becoming-real blindfolded chat makeout session

Just that moment of near-connection...

carbonite freeze me as I am about to kiss a beautiful puppy, for ever
    But this is the worst part :(
    Especially with a stranger where you don't know what they like

It's the worst part but also when one is a coward (who would desert a dying kiss) it is perhaps the best part because you've breached the near-impermeable membrane of an individual's human pain but have yet to learn what that bespoke pain can feel like

the perfect distance between cold hedgehogs

(once you understand another human being's pain... what else is there but to share in it

*shudders in torturous undesired orgasm*)

this post made me an anti-intellectual

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    What in blazes is going on here

MRA support groups, makeout parties and ennui
    AKA "Wednesday".
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »

i think there was only one forumer that was expressly terrible at that.

edit: wait, nevermind there's at least one more.

i mean there are a few
    Really, for a Debate and Discourse forum, we are really bad at grasping or discussing things earnestly in general.
    And yet somehow still better at it than most of the internet. So... hooray?

• Options

quite the opposite

it depends on how the LSAT goes. Which hopefully I can really concentrate on once I am out of this cesspool

chat or jersey?

I'm moving in with my mother. I won't make nearly enough to pay for an apartment. And if Beasto moves in with my and my mother, we're definitely splitting up.

He's got to basically house sit the Astoria pied a terre for my relaxation on the weekends
    So the answer is that your mother has to go.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    et tu, trave

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

AKA "Wednesday".

i mean there are a few
    Really, for a Debate and Discourse forum, we are really bad at grasping or discussing things earnestly in general.

It is better...

But I mean, that's like stepping over a limbo bar.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh my god, drug crashes and I've been here eight hours

Oh well

I will... survive...

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Dear chat,

I arrived back home. itmuch warmer inside than out. I plan to eat an orange, drunk a sparkling water and take my meds hopefully all within the hour because I need to go to bed soon, but I would really rather nust stay up and pretend likeI don't need to sleep, mainly because I feel like I dont have enough time to myself these days, whih is simultaneously a blessing and a curse.

Well that's all I have going on with me. How are you doing? I hope to hear back from you soon. Hope things are well with you.

Have a beautiful week.
    Love,
    Neco

• Options
    Oh lookee I just got an email from the VA saying they're finally opening a Saturday clinic here.

So I can actually get seen.

*minor fist pump*

• Options

AKA "Wednesday".

i mean there are a few
    A child is better at arithmetic than a herd of swine, but we do not praise the child for it.*

* Unless the child is a millennial. OH SHI... *gets killed by mob of now-adult millennials tired of millennial jokes*

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Neco wrote: »
    Dear chat,

I arrived back home. itmuch warmer inside than out. I plan to eat an orange, drunk a sparkling water and take my meds hopefully all within the hour because I need to go to bed soon, but I would really rather nust stay up and pretend likeI don't need to sleep, mainly because I feel like I dont have enough time to myself these days, whih is simultaneously a blessing and a curse.

Well that's all I have going on with me. How are you doing? I hope to hear back from you soon. Hope things are well with you.

Have a beautiful week.
    Love,
    Neco

Dear Neco,

It is cold in lab, but is not particularly warm outside, either. I have just drunk about 700 milliliters of water. I am waiting for my preparation to chill, but the meds that I took earlier are wearing off, and leaving me in a state of lethargy. I hope that my results come swiftly, so that I may return home.

You should see if you can spend at least enough time with yourself to be aware. Ignorance is not bliss, despite what they say.

With much affection,

Shivahn

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I need to stop interneting. and playing video games

• Options

quite the opposite

chat or jersey?

no she needs to pay for the house dammit pay attention zeph

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i really like this video i got of my set last night

I RUTHLESSLY DESTROYED A HECKLER

unfortunately you don't have the context of them talking through 20 mins of the opening act so the video just makes me look like a dick being mean after 40 secs of my set

I feel like that's a rite of passage for standups no?

yeah

i usually try to be nice or smart but last night i just went straight to being a dick cus i was short on time and needed to smash it
    After you smashed it, did you smash this beta cucks girlfriend?

it was a women and i PUT HER IN HER PLACE

her place of being a paying audience member who should treat a live performance with respect 8-)

• Options
    so lately when drying my shirts i have been doing a low heat cycle for about 20 or 30 minutes until they're just a bit damp, and then doing a really long no-heat cycle, like 40 minutes to an hour

this is because i can't figure out how to turn off the fucking horrible buzzer on my ancient dryer with the labels worn off

but the result has been that my shirts come out not just unshrunken but incredibly soft

soft like a puppy's fur, enveloping your torso

combine this with putting one's pants in the drier for three minutes before putting them on and every morning is essentially wracked with orgasmic pleasure

• Options
    so lately when drying my shirts i have been doing a low heat cycle for about 20 or 30 minutes until they're just a bit damp, and then doing a really long no-heat cycle, like 40 minutes to an hour

this is because i can't figure out how to turn off the fucking horrible buzzer on my ancient dryer with the labels worn off

but the result has been that my shirts come out not just unshrunken but incredibly soft

combine this with putting one's pants in the drier for three minutes before putting them on and every morning is essentially wracked with orgasmic pleasure

If you like it so much why don't you marry it?

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I would honestly like to prolong that hesitation and intimacy right before the kiss, that's what I really want from a quickly-becoming-real blindfolded chat makeout session

But this is the worst part :(
    Especially with a stranger where you don't know what they like

It's the worst part but also when one is a coward (who would desert a dying kiss) it is perhaps the best part because you've breached the near-impermeable membrane of an individual's human pain but have yet to learn what that bespoke pain can feel like

the perfect distance between cold hedgehogs

(once you understand another human being's pain... what else is there but to share in it

*shudders in torturous undesired orgasm*)

You say it's undesired but...

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Dear chat,

Have a beautiful week.
    Love,
    Neco

*reads Neco's post*

*Notes that the sun in Seattle tries to come out for the first time in days literally the moment after reading this post*

*Feels bad for Neco, who just barely missed the sun*

• Options

the grasping, cruel fingers of johnny law

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    desc wrote: »

To be suspended at the crest of the wave of anticipation the moment before it breaks ... forever ....

The actual worst

The anticipation so completely surpasses the event though...

I wonder if disliking anticipation is a characteristic of having a lifelong mood disorder like depression or anxiety.

Because what I anticipate is always far worse than reality.

Sometimes I don't even anticipate a catastrophe! I just anticipate that the event will be disappointing. Then when it's actually kinda okay then I feel better.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

the grasping, cruel fingers of johnny law

Oppressive bastards.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular

AKA "Wednesday".

i mean there are a few
    A child is better at arithmetic than a herd of swine, but we do not praise the child for it.*

* Unless the child is a millennial. OH SHI... *gets killed by mob of now-adult millennials tired of millennial jokes*
    You just wait until my pig based computer consisting of a series of interconnected pens with pressure plates forming NAND gates is done.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Dear chat,

Have a beautiful week.
    Love,
    Neco

Dearest Neco,

I would fain hope that I am not the first bearer of good tidings upon receipt of your missive. All within the regiment had believed you perished from fever, and are heartened you have summoned the fortitude to consume an orange along with your tonics and medicines.

Yours sincerely,

Override

12th Butt Regt.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Watched the IT tailer a couple more times....

I have concerning emotions about it. Like.... It looks like it might too "modern" horror.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I dont hate my job so much as i hate 35% of what they make me do and find 90% of it not at all challenging is there a club for that

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

quite the opposite

chat or jersey?

Have you ever seen strangers on a train?

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Having not read the book or watched the miniseries or anything I like the new clown outfit in the new IT. It is pretty! And there's been a billion evil clowns that look like Bozo the clown etc but none that draw from like hundreds-year old clowns

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    desc wrote: »

To be suspended at the crest of the wave of anticipation the moment before it breaks ... forever ....

The actual worst

The antici

pation so completely surpasses the event though...

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    why do people keep giving me cookies

they're trying to kill me

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular

quite the opposite

chat or jersey?

Get an apartment together and he can run back to work every morning.

• Options
    What to do for dinner... hmm...

I feel like Italian.

*Monica Bellucci*

• Options
    why do people keep giving me cookies

they're trying to kill me
    Normally, I'd think this was an over-reaction (an override-reaction?), but because it's override... I simply wonder. In horror.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @Hakkekage you are moving in with your mother?

I hope that goes well but tbh I am worried for your emotional health in the long term. That seems like a recipe for problems down the line.

You should instead uproot beasto and move in with [chat]. Hell, I even have a spare room.

• Options
    I dont hate my job so much as i hate 35% of what they make me do and find 90% of it not at all challenging is there a club for that

Yes it's called Contact a Recruiter

for real tho you're in a cul-de-sac from what I hear

For most people the job is whatever, but it's the people you work with that make a job tolerable vs intolerable. If you move to some amazing new creative endeavor that would be great but there's always the possibility that the new people are fucking miserable shit birds who make every day a hellscape.

• Options
    And, I mean, the sun is trying, but I'm not sure it's winning.

The Onecloud is strong in this land...

This discussion has been closed.