As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect: Andromeda] Sara's out and Scott free; tag your spoilers.

19596979899101»

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Guyz, @Strikor suggested I might be playing too much Mass Effect. I thought he already knew who he married! We got married on N7 day.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Guyz, Strikor suggested I might be playing too much Mass Effect. I thought he already knew who he married! We got married on N7 day.

... unless... unless that's not Strikor. :surprised:

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Guyz, Strikor suggested I might be playing too much Mass Effect. I thought he already knew who he married! We got married on N7 day.

I think maybe he just wasn't being clear and was actually saying you need to play a lot more multiplayer

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    SP doesn't lead to nearly enough obscenities.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »

They fixed the auto-save points?

• Options
    I can't decide which character I want to use for my Revenant delivery platform. Hoo-mons get more skill points (at my current card levels) and concussive shot which is decent in a pinch, but turians get fortify which also includes 20% accuracy and stability down the line, not to mention the DR. I don't want to use the havoc right now despite their hover bonuses because I get shot enough as is. Anyone have experiences with either, or preferably both?

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I can't decide which character I want to use for my Revenant delivery platform. Hoo-mons get more skill points (at my current card levels) and concussive shot which is decent in a pinch, but turians get fortify which also includes 20% accuracy and stability down the line, not to mention the DR. I don't want to use the havoc right now despite their hover bonuses because I get shot enough as is. Anyone have experiences with either, or preferably both?

Human is perfectly fine. I've already played mine to level 20/X. You have to hug cover a little more than is fun sometimes but other than that it's a workhorse. I've only dabbled a little with with Turian Soldier though.

Make sure you're taking clip size bonuses as far as leveling skills goes. You don't get enough dakka from the RoF bonuses.

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

Human is fine for me so far. All the RoF bonuses, all the damage bonuses, and spare clips gear means a 75 round base clip size on a Revenant II, bumping to 99 when I hit the shooty button.

I mostly consider myself a debuff hose when playing it though; everything gets all the bullets so it takes 24% more damage, because 12 rounds from a Revenant is about .35 seconds.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Lol so the raptor is a pretty good weapon. "I think its maybe time to try gold with it"...

I load in

"tough mission, but we made it through" +375 partial extraction.

i got cash and XP as if i had been there the whole time :D

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

I haven't leveled human, but my turian Revenant delivery platform is 18/X and I'm having a blast with him. The survivability you gain from fortify makes a huge difference on gold. You get really good at just refusing to die.

Build at 20 will be 5/6/3/6/6:

Fortify: 4a5b
    Turbocharge you can take your pick for duration or recharge. I use duration right now but either is good. Then, 5a6a.
    Munitions Training: 4a5b6a - sustained fire is what you want for a Revenant platform. You get enough stability/accuracy from other skills, the debuff is great.
    Combat Fitness: 4a5a6a. All the durability.

Progression: Turbocharge, Munitions, Fitness, Grenade, Fortify.

edit edit: ooh just got a Piranha I. Time for a Kroguard?

Tynnan on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I actually did pretty decent on my first full gold mission (Third, with 18k points, first was 21k with vanquisher).

I think that the raptor may be a mainstay if it doesn't get nerfed. Though i may want to level up the other Human soldier so that i can get the weak point bonus one instead of the debuff (with +ammo the raptor on turbocharge only had like 34 ammo).

Things will get better when extended magazines start dropping

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
  • Options
    Guess I'll stick to human for now until I get my cards reach up.

I hope the Raptor doesn't get nerfed, either, because it's fine where it's at. It does solid damage with a low-ish magazine size and extra ammo count to balance it out. It may be too light for how good it is, if anything, but that's it.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I'm just gonna say it should not take that many sticky grenades to kill a Wraith. If I stick the god damn thing to its head like a headlamp, I want more than 50% hp off the damn thing. I want Wraith bits. I should not have to shoot it three times with a Black Widow, grenade it multiple times, or stab it 15 times, because there are fifty of the god damn things, okay?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

They fixed the auto-save points?
    Kadara has my favorite Vault of all time.

It has manual save enabled.

sig.gif
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Does anyone else do the incredibly irrational and dumb thing I do, where if it's announced a patch is coming out for a game you really like in a couple days that you just wont play until it goes live? It doesn't really make sense but it makes me feel like I'm missing out, even if the bugfix log is rather small.

Sometimes it's necessary though like one time where I got a bug where my Shepard would always spawn in his bathroom on my Normandy save and I couldn't get out.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.