Options

[Mass Effect: Andromeda] Sara's out and Scott free; tag your spoilers.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I can't wait until the banter bug is fixed...I want to see if Liam and Vetra's dialogue will be as amusing as I think it will.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I can't wait until the banter bug is fixed...I want to see if Liam and Vetra's dialogue will be as amusing as I think it will.

I dunno if there is more of it I haven't heard, or if I just don't have the bug... but there are some sparks.

Like, they legit get pissy at each other almost immediately.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Pro tip: while switching favorite profiles puts everything on cooldown, going into you skill menu and changing what powers are assigned to hotkeys does not. This handiness is offset by being a break in the flow of combat, and a thing you have to do manually every time.

• Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Pretty much the moment I enter a game and hear open mic sound, it's mutes for everyone

Same. I feel like a terrible teammate, since I usually try to do some basic voice coordination, even with pubbies. But it's unplayable if you don't mute it. I pretty much mute everyone, even if I don't hear the open mic, because the ones with speakers sometimes won't reveal themselves until in-game.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Pro tip: while switching favorite profiles puts everything on cooldown, going into you skill menu and changing what powers are assigned to hotkeys does not. This handiness is offset by being a break in the flow of combat, and a thing you have to do manually every time.

Yeah, that's my super power wheel! :P

---

I finally bought another team, they have bloodthirsty, which I thought was neat. The first mission I (accidentally) sent them on was a gold with 21% success and they failed. So they have "Hero Complex."

The mission I sent them on just now was actually bronze with a 66% success, but it had "We need a hero" as a trait... I predict another failure.

Also, for the first time ever... all the apex missions are actually sorted at the top of the list, and I don't have to pick through the strike team list to find them. Did they change this, or is it just a fluke?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I got stuck on a wall on a silver match today. evaded my way right into null space. Couldn't find a way to leave, left on wave 6 forgoing all xp because I felt bad making them 3-man when they were struggling.

Vanguarding going better, but still waiting on a good gun for other classes. Also, I switched my engineer out of Assault turret and maxed out cryobeam and overload and he is MUCH more effective. I wish assault turret were more useful somehow. Like, in theory, that trait that repairs the thing and increases my recharge times is good, but MP is not really built around holding one position too much. They either need to reduce the cooldown of the turret or have it follow me around.

soylenth on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    For Munitions Training, which is the better evolution @ rank 6? For my Merc, I'm thinking the damage debuff since he'll be in the thick of the action anyways. But the -25% shotgun spread, would go really nice with my Piranha.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    the voice chat really annoys me, or at the very least I haven't determined how to configure it properly.

Like not being able to change the volume? As others have said - its really loud. Changing the settings through Origin's options seems to do nothing. It doesn't seem to separate voice audio and game audio into different channels (like the way PS4 and other games on PC do), or at least... I haven't figured out how to configure this, if it is possible.

The loudness doesn't bother me so much with randos because I just mute them instantly. But if I want to actually play with friends or PA people? It really sucks.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So someone did some testing and apparently the shotgun choke currently isn't working in MP.

Also...well I already figured this, but the penetration mod doesn't have the armor debuff it had in ME3.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Speaking of voeld the game decided i was not allowed to manual save on Voeld, even though i completed my priority mission there* and was just knocking out side content. I tried switching the mission i was tracking and everything. Eventually just went back to my ship.

the moshae is terrible and i hate her.
    You know, I saved her, I saved her people, and I shot the dude that captured all of them. We get back to the ship, and she's going off on me and how I'm such a horrible person and I'm just using everyone to get what I want. Fuck you lady.

Really? She thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread. Heh.

Then again, I also didn't get an option to shoot anyone, which is interesting, and I wonder what that's based on.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    It depends on if you follow her advice on what to do with that decision or not.

• Options
    Strikor wrote: »
    It depends on if you follow her advice on what to do with that decision or not.

Oh, I was totally going to do THAT anyway. So that works out, then. Plus, Jaal seemed to enjoy the opportunity.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Also...well I already figured this, but the penetration mod doesn't have the armor debuff it had in ME3.

But I'm pretty sure it does more damage to plated enemies such as Wraiths

I'm able to one shot them with the Widow with a receiver, but without the receiver they are left with health

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    bleh. Wave 7 extraction. 20 seconds to go. Shockwave->Aerial Charge+Biotic Combo->Nova*CRASH TO DASH*

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Got some silver matches in today. Ran with my human vanguard with a raptor. Not terrible since it's now full auto.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Damnit people, I'm not even caught up on the last thread trying to avoid spoilers, and now this one is almost full too?

... I am going to have *so much reading material* when I finally clear this game.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

This sounds like an oversight on Biowares part.

But since this 3 power, no commanding your followers, crap UI situation is their doing they better do nothing but streamline it.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Preacher wrote: »
    Maybe the best solution is to only start sprinkling map markers after plot progression?

Nah, that'll just piss people off too.

Would piss people off more "Why don't they just show me everything I should see!"

If I'm to be honest, given how big this game is and the nature of most of the engaging content I've come across (vaults, kett camps, quests in the wild) I'd like to see them do something closer to BotW and strip out ALL of the minor map markers and only have waypoints for the major content or whatever quest you have highlighted in your journal. Let you mark on the map landmarks you've come across and other points of interest on your own.

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    Elaaden question:
    If I go and activate the vault, will it get rid of the heat hazard? I'm already sick of it.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Elaaden question:
    If I go and activate the vault, will it get rid of the heat hazard? I'm already sick of it.

I'd be less irritated about it if SAM would kindly shut his mechanical trap!

• Options
    That is my entire reason for asking. He committed the unforgivable sin of cutting off Drack.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Elaaden question:

Elaaden answer
    SURE DOES

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Firefighters:
    Apparently Pathfinder != hostage negotiator. Oops, didn't mean to let you get shot in the neck. My bad.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Elaaden question:

Elaaden answer
    SURE DOES
    Shit. Guess I better get cracking on that Vault.

• Options
    Excellent.

SAM! RE-PRIORITIZE DOING THE THING THAT MAKES YOU SHUT UP! AND I GUESS ALSO HELPS PEOPLE. BUT MOSTLY THE FORMER.

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    So I'm still taking it slow and just made it to Kadara and Elaaden. Was going to pick up playing again tonight and then I saw the notes for the Patch on Thursday:
    BioWare wrote:
    Increased inventory limits

I'm not playing again till Thursday.

Of all the flaws in ME:A, the one that genuinely, truly pisses me off is the lack of inventory space. You can't mix ME2/ME3's itemization with ME1's limited inventory. If you're going to make most every piece of gear useful in some context, then you need to let the player carry every piece gear once they've earned it. Otherwise, the player is locked into a spec by their gear. That would be pretty frustrating even if respec-ing were difficult/expensive. When your ability to respec on the fly is a gameplay mechanic that's baked into the plot, though, it's just really dumb.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    For Munitions Training, which is the better evolution @ rank 6? For my Merc, I'm thinking the damage debuff since he'll be in the thick of the action anyways. But the -25% shotgun spread, would go really nice with my Piranha.

If you're accurate then the bottom is clearly more damage, especially with an AR. More stability means that, if the first shot lands in the paint, it's more likely the next shot lands in the paint.

Additionally it takes a lot of shots(12) to hit the top value in damage reduction. This means that, in almost all situations except big difficult targets, the target will be long dead before your debuff matters.

So the bottom one is more selfish damage, especially with shotguns or automatics. The top one is more damage when the team focus fires on an enemy.

Edit: ironically it may be better to take the top option for a shotgun because not only is it harder to get everything in the weak spot, but all shotguns shoot multiple pellets (from 3 to 10 I think) which means their damage/shot is actually lower than other weapons and they rack up the damage bonus fast(er?)

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I really want them to fix some of these glitches

Tired of ctd's or hung loading screens or dialogue choices picking instantly or or or

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Tried to play multiplayer tonight. First match was incredibly laggy and rubberbandy, crashed out of the game around wave 4. Tried again, not as laggy and crashed out at wave 5. Decided to play single player, got a few things done and then decided to take out my first big A thingy. Had it down to about 10% health, dashed to dodge something and ended up in the geometry. Couldn't move, died, reloaded before the fight even happened.

Rough night.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    uhh hmm

romance stuff
    I don't know if this is a bug or if it's going to end up getting me in trouble down the line, but I think I did full romances of both Cora and Peebee? I ended up melding with Peebee and also did the hibbity dibbity with Cora but according to the codex it says Peebee and I are committed to a romantic relationship and it just says Cora enjoys flirting with me and we have a deep affection for one another.

Is this going to be the Witcher 3 ending all over again where in the end the only person I screwed was myself?

• Options
    It should not take 2 rockets to the face to kill a fiend on silver. It just shouldn't. If I only get 5 of these damn things per game, I want them to actually kill the thing I hit.

Also:

Raptor: Still awful.
    Scattershot: Amazingly bad.
    Sweeper: At least you don't run out of ammo while you aren't killing anything.

I almost want to try the Shadow or PAW now, but I can only imagine how bad those are going to be.

• Options
    The Shadow is pretty awful. Very heavy with pitiful damage which also somehow adds recoil to remove any possibilty of sustained headshot damage.

And the Raptor is actually pretty good if you use it as an assault rifle. My krogineer uses it on gold with decent success.

• Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    A question about a pair of sidequests on Kadara:
    There was a place that sent a distress call, and a pair of stoners inside that needed a UV lamp. Later, I found a group of refugees, and one of them gave me a UV lamp. This same group of refugees had a sick guy who needed antibiotics.

So I go back to the stoners, give them the lamp, and they say "take some of our space weed," and according to scans the space weed can also work as an antibiotic. So I went back to the refugees. Only, the guy who needs antibiotics just says "let me know if you find any antibiotics."

I feel like something's gone wrong here somehow. Has anyone found antibiotics for the refugee doctor guy, and if so where were they? Does the space weed not work? Or is this a bug?

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    It should not take 2 rockets to the face to kill a fiend on silver. It just shouldn't. If I only get 5 of these damn things per game, I want them to actually kill the thing I hit.

Also:

I almost want to try the Shadow or PAW now, but I can only imagine how bad those are going to be.

Do you like shooting for between one and one-and-a-half seconds and then having to stop to let your ammo regen, lest you be locked out of firing and stuck in an extended "reload" animation?

Do you also like that limitation coupled with absolute garbage damage?

If so, then the PAW is the weapon for you!

Seriously though, the PAW is fun, but terrible. It empties its heatsink in the blink of an eye and does really bad damage to boot. With a lot of ammo mods (do those even work with the Remnant weapons?) and maybe Turbocharge, it is sometimes effective, but it struggles on bronze.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Oh boy cannot get 3 minutes into Andromeda multiplayer without crashing to desktop with no warning

This is preeeetty gaaaaaaaaarbaaaage

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    There was a place that sent a distress call, and a pair of stoners inside that needed a UV lamp. Later, I found a group of refugees, and one of them gave me a UV lamp. This same group of refugees had a sick guy who needed antibiotics.

So I go back to the stoners, give them the lamp, and they say "take some of our space weed," and according to scans the space weed can also work as an antibiotic. So I went back to the refugees. Only, the guy who needs antibiotics just says "let me know if you find any antibiotics."

I feel like something's gone wrong here somehow. Has anyone found antibiotics for the refugee doctor guy, and if so where were they? Does the space weed not work? Or is this a bug?

Yeah that's broken, you absolutely should be able to give that to the person. I can't get it to work either.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

That is a bug. I had the exact same thing and it's reported a bunch of times on the bug reporting site that EA has. There is apparently an even more frustrating variation where you get the item but the delivery target still won't take it.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    korodullin wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »

Also:

Do you like shooting for between one and one-and-a-half seconds and then having to stop to let your ammo regen, lest you be locked out of firing and stuck in an extended "reload" animation?

Do you also like that limitation coupled with absolute garbage damage?

If so, then the PAW is the weapon for you!

Seriously though, the PAW is fun, but terrible. It empties its heatsink in the blink of an eye and does really bad damage to boot. With a lot of ammo mods (do those even work with the Remnant weapons?) and maybe Turbocharge, it is sometimes effective, but it struggles on bronze.

You left off the insane recoil! That match sucked.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

That is a bug. I had the exact same thing and it's reported a bunch of times on the bug reporting site that EA has. There is apparently an even more frustrating variation where you get the item but the delivery target still won't take it.
    Oh man I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    LOL I can't even send APEX strike teams to do shit for me.

Even more garbage

This discussion has been closed.