Options

[NFL] Thread: There Will Be No Overtime For This Thread.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Oh, and Colour Rush is grey.

Enjoy.

Is grey even a color?

It does feel...

... rushed.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    The tackling machine known as AJ Hawk has retired.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/LB-AJ-Hawk-retires-as-a-Packer/29654de9-659e-48e8-a831-dac75f6193a2
    Hawk, who was drafted by Green Bay with the No. 5 overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft out of Ohio State, ranks No. 1 in franchise history (since 1975) with 1,118 career tackles, having surpassed LB John Anderson’s mark (1,020, 1978-89) in the 2013 regular-season finale. Hawk led the Packers in tackles five times during his career (2006, 2008, 2010, 2012-13), which is tied with LB Nick Barnett for the top mark in team history.

Hawk played in 142 of a possible 144 regular-season games with 136 starts in Green Bay, appearing in all 16 contests in eight of his nine seasons with the Packers. In addition to his 1,118 career tackles (798 solo), he registered 19 sacks, nine interceptions, 43 passes defensed, three forced fumbles and five fumble recoveries.

Hawk also played one season (2015) with the Cincinnati Bengals and appeared in one game for the Atlanta Falcons in 2016. His 158 games played from 2006-15 were the most among NFL linebackers over that span.

Veevee on
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Sad to see him retire but he played in that position a lot longer than most people can at a higher level of skill throughout. Probably good to walk away when he is still in good physical shape.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Detroit has a new uniform for next year.

I...guess.

At least their throwback jersey does not look like they escaped prisoner(I am looking at you steelers).

kaid on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Derek Carr: Fans who aren’t still with us weren’t true Raider fans.
    Any Oakland fans who are no longer supporting the Raiders because they’re moving to Las Vegas aren’t real fans, according to quarterback Derek Carr.

Carr said at the start of the team’s offseason workout program that he expects Oakland fans to remain loyal to the team, and doesn’t think they were ever really fans if they don’t.

“We’re not going to split up like you’ve seen other cities do,” Carr said, via ESPN. “We’re not going to do things like that. For the ones that do, I don’t really believe that they’re true Raider fans. I feel their hurt. I’m with you. I hurt, too. But at the same time, we’re all in this together and we’re just going to do it together.”

Carr believes only a tiny minority of fans will ditch the Raiders.

“Out of like 1,000 people, you’re going to get one or two that have something to say and that’s with everything,” he said. “Hopefully y’all don’t focus on that kind of stuff because there’s the 99 percent that are loyal, faithful fans that are going to ride with us wherever we’re at.”

That’s all easy for Carr to say. It’s harder for Oakland residents who have supported the team with their hard-earned dollars for years to accept that the team will abandon them.

Hey, Derek. Shut up.

he's totally right

just look at how much everyone in Seattle loves the thunder

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    kaid wrote: »

I...guess.

At least their throwback jersey does not look like they escaped prisoner(I am looking at you steelers).

Are you kidding? Their bumblebee cosplay is the only thing good about that team

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Any Oakland fans who are no longer supporting the Raiders because they’re moving to Las Vegas aren’t real fans, according to quarterback Derek Carr.

Carr said at the start of the team’s offseason workout program that he expects Oakland fans to remain loyal to the team, and doesn’t think they were ever really fans if they don’t.

“We’re not going to split up like you’ve seen other cities do,” Carr said, via ESPN. “We’re not going to do things like that. For the ones that do, I don’t really believe that they’re true Raider fans. I feel their hurt. I’m with you. I hurt, too. But at the same time, we’re all in this together and we’re just going to do it together.”

“Out of like 1,000 people, you’re going to get one or two that have something to say and that’s with everything,” he said. “Hopefully y’all don’t focus on that kind of stuff because there’s the 99 percent that are loyal, faithful fans that are going to ride with us wherever we’re at.”

That’s all easy for Carr to say. It’s harder for Oakland residents who have supported the team with their hard-earned dollars for years to accept that the team will abandon them.

Hey, Derek. Shut up.

he's totally right

The amount of hate Seattle has for the thunder can't be understated. I was at a mariners game when the thunder got eliminated from the play offs one year and the crowd roared when the PA announcer called it out.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

I...guess.

Are you kidding? Their bumblebee cosplay is the only thing good about that team

:(

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Hey, Derek. Shut up.

he's totally right

The amount of hate Seattle has for the thunder can't be understated. I was at a mariners game when the thunder got eliminated from the play offs one year and the crowd roared when the PA announcer called it out.

It's not even just the Thunder. It's the NBA in general. Like, I hear the playoffs were good last year. Fuck them, I hope they still managed to lose ass loads of cash.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

I...guess.

Strangely appropriate tho

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular

Hey, Derek. Shut up.

Don't worry man, Carr still loves you even if your one of those "Not true' fans.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Butler signed his tender seems like there might be a trade on the table still

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Aaron Hernandez committed suicide in his jail cell.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Was just about to come in to post a story about it.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/nfl/aaron-hernandez-dead-1.4075222

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    holy shit

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    By the way, today is the Patriots' visit to the White House.

Wonder if that's still on.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    kraft and brady will go visit their best bud for sure

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Wasn't he in solitary like the entire time?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Wtf, that was not a story I was expecting in the Facebook feed this morning, especially after his acquittal.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    He was acquitted of two other murders but was already serving time for the one he was found guilty. Just to clarify the headlines from the past few days. It's not like he was getting released to the general public anytime soon, prior to the suicide.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

Brady actually is not going, citing a personal matter with family.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    He was acquitted of two other murders but was already serving time for the one he was found guilty. Just to clarify the headlines from the past few days. It's not like he was getting released to the general public anytime soon, prior to the suicide.

True, and I don't even pretend to understand his mindset, the timing just seems weird.

Most likely because he was generally out of mind at this point except when ESPN posted a random story about his new tattoo or whatever for some quick clicks.

Then suddenly he's in the news for his acquittal and his lawyer talks about how he's gonna overturn the other case on appeal (not that a lawyer wouldn't boast that anyway) and he's gonna be free, things looking up for him out of nowhere.

And then he's dead a few days later, and I find out from a Facebook news site I follow that has been nearly 99% political coverage until today.

Anyway, I don't have anything particularly insightful to say about his whole saga, just a weird media experience the past few days.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

BUT HE'S SUCH A RACIST TRUMP SUPPORTER THO

MA NARRATIVEEEEE

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Mugsley wrote: »

Seems like he got acquitted on those two charges took that as as much vindication as he was going to get and then took his life.

• Options
    the crazy thing is that the only murder Hernandez was found guilty of was for trying to cover up the double murder of which he would be acquitted

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    though that's only the ones he's being tried for

I would bet money he's killed other people and if he weren't in jail would definitely kill again

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

The personal matter probably being that Giselle told him to shut up and not go, and if he ever touches politics again, she will break him.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Podly wrote: »

MA NARRATIVEEEEE

I mean, these can both be true. They aren't mutually exclusive.

• Options

MA NARRATIVEEEEE

true, but that stems a lot from the fact that he didn't go to the White House when Obama was in office either

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2017

MA NARRATIVEEEEE

true, but that stems a lot from the fact that he didn't go to the White House when Obama was in office either

Did he have a family emergency then too? Otherwise I don't see how one is related to the other.

Marathon on
  • Options
    It stems almost entirely from the MAGA hat in his locker.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    MAGA = Make Atlanta Grieve Again m i rite guys?

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

MA NARRATIVEEEEE

Did he have a family emergency then too? Otherwise I don't see how one is related to the other.

No, he decided not to go then because he got butthurt over a deflategate joke Obama made. But he had a Trump hat in his locker once, and it's apparently impossible to be a Trump supporter and not be a racist.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Skull2185 wrote: »

MA NARRATIVEEEEE

No, he decided not to go then because he got butthurt over a deflategate joke Obama made. But he had a Trump hat in his locker once, and it's apparently impossible to be a Trump supporter and not be a racist.

I don't think Brady is a racist, but if you support someone who is a racist themselves it sort of puts you racism adjacent

Marathon on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    it is difficult to support a man that openly spouts racist rhetoric and enacts racist policies without appearing to also be a racist, yes

• Options
    I don't really think Brady is a racist, I just think he's an idiot white boy who doesn't see anything past football and his family.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    I don't really think Brady is a racist, I just think he's an idiot white boy who doesn't see anything past football and his family.

Most likely explanation.

• Options

p much this

(I'm terrified he'll run for office one day but most likely he'll try and become a pseudo science health guru in which case I will always love you Tommy)
    who am I kidding Brady could launch nukes AT America and I'd be like "well you know it's not a cut and dried situation"

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I've actually always thought Brady isn't too bright outside the one thing he does better than anyone else ever has. I was in the Bledsoe camp in Oct/Nov 01 and one of the parts was Bledsoe was sharper. Now Bledsoe is running a successful winery and coaching football and stuff and Brady has these patently BS dietary ideas that somehow work for him so I think that part of it holds up.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

p much this

(I'm terrified he'll run for office one day but most likely he'll try and become a pseudo science health guru in which case I will always love you Tommy)
    who am I kidding Brady could launch nukes AT America and I'd be like "well you know it's not a cut and dried situation"

Curt Schilling thought he'd be beloved forever, too...

Good luck with that.

This discussion has been closed.