As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Rerolling until you get 5 stars or Hector

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Illieas wrote: »
    mts wrote: »
    my defense team is 5* zeph hector, azura and 4* effie with azura being in the lead spot to hide the armoring.

I like to think its the you're gonna have a bad day team

do they have distant counter? because i shudder to think of facing that.

hector does, with vantage 2 right now
    zeph has bonfire L +d 3, wary fighter 3 and Hone Armor
    effie is mostly stock, but has 213 sp so i could inherit something on her easily, just didn't know what to put on her, maybe vantage? though that seems not as good without a guarenteed counter

leaning towards threaten defense

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    After 3 casualties I ended up with a 4610 arena run. That's fine enough, time to play around with poverty horse emblem. It's just Xanders, Titania, and Clarine with my Azura and it's interesting to play a team that actually wants to sit there and let them poke at me first. What's that reinhardt? 0 Damage against Titania? Yeah that sounds great.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    i really should figure out what to do with this Nowi. She has good IVs. Was leaning fury/vantage, but quick riposte seems to be the hotness? (I only have Quick Riposte 1 lying around). I also see Triangle Adept mentioned a lot, but it seems like a win more condition.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    After 3 casualties I ended up with a 4610 arena run. That's fine enough, time to play around with poverty horse emblem. It's just Xanders, Titania, and Clarine with my Azura and it's interesting to play a team that actually wants to sit there and let them poke at me first. What's that reinhardt? 0 Damage against Titania? Yeah that sounds great.

This is why I really really want Distant Counter on Titania. She just doesn't care about mages, and it would be amazing if she could poke them back.
    Haven't been able to pick up a duplicate Hector, though, and I'm certainly not burning my first one.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    i really should figure out what to do with this Nowi. She has good IVs. Was leaning fury/vantage, but quick riposte seems to be the hotness? (I only have Quick Riposte 1 lying around). I also see Triangle Adept mentioned a lot, but it seems like a win more condition.

Triangle Adept isn't win more for her because it guarantees the win over Falchion users. I prefer Fury because it means she can tank Hector despite triangle disadvantage.

Mine (+spe/-hp) runs Fury and Quick Riposte, she is excellent. Ryoma for additional speed means Lucina still shouldn't double, and Ike is there for falchion backup just in case.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »

Triangle Adept isn't win more for her because it guarantees the win over Falchion users. I prefer Fury because it means she can tank Hector despite triangle disadvantage.

Mine (+spe/-hp) runs Fury and Quick Riposte, she is excellent. Ryoma for additional speed means Lucina still shouldn't double, and Ike is there for falchion backup just in case.

Triangle Adept is a seriously good skill. The fact that it further reduces the damage you take makes such a big difference.
    That being said, my Nowi's got the typical Fury/Vantage, and I've been very happy with her.

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    In one of my failed attempts to get Hector, I got a second Julia. I wasn't interested in changing from my +atk -def Julia, so I fed the new one to her for my very first merged 5 star. Got G tomebreaker on her in addition to her base kit.

Just rampaged through Tier 14 arena with no deaths - Julia to kill Nino's, lindes, Reinhardt, Nowi, etc, Ephraim to kill reds, Ike (with Luna!) to kill Hectors, and Kagero to clean up messes and assassinate squishies.

4780 points! Here's hoping it is enough to finish in the top 10k for the first time.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Did i just accidentally use my leveling team in the Arena on my 7th match because i wasn't paying attention? Of course not! And if i did I'd like to see you prove it. Maybe I just wanted to see what would happen if i won 6 advanced + 1 beginner.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I haven't levelled anyone outside of my initial story team to 40.

It is taking forever to get from 35-40 in the training tower....

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Yeah it took me about 2-3 days to get from 35 to 40.

• Options
    IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    ObiFett wrote: »

i have like 4 to 5 team that are around the 35-40 area. those levels. i have used a few gems to get that last level on a couple since i didn't feel like grinding

Illieas on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I am just now realizing that Dragons attack v RES

:redface:

ObiFett on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    The quest for 10-4 continues to kick my ass.

Anyone have any tips there? No matter what I do, the reinforcements coming from all corners overwhelms me by turn 6.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Die on turn 6. Use a lights blessing and you win the mao with everyone alive.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

I ran out of lights blessings and there don't appear to be any ways to earn more right now.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    I scrounged orbs and got Azura, what I really wanted from this banner! Too bad I fed Cain to Hector for WoM. Will have a gimped Azura until I can get another Cain, but I can live with that!!!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Of course I get a Ryoma now that I have Ike.

• Options
    Ryoma is better! Though mine (first roll ever) is -spd...

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

I ran out of lights blessings and there don't appear to be any ways to earn more right now.

Did you redeem all 3 of the ones you can get with Nintendo Points?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Got a -spd/+res ike, not -atk so I'm not really concerned

Now to horde orbs

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Opty wrote: »

What the hell are nintendo points?

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular

The stuff you get for connecting the game to your My Nintendo account and then tapping the coin at the top right of the quest page.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017

When looking at your available quests, there is a circle on the right of the "Quests & Missions" banner (on the left is the red arrow back). Tap that.

If you've never done that, there are 10 free orbs waiting for you, too.

Veevee on
  • Options
    Veevee wrote: »

When looking at your available quests, there is a circle on the right of the "Quests & Missions" banner (on the left is the red arrow back). Tap that.

Why does it say I have like a thousand points worth of missions completed but I have zero points?

Also, how the fuck were players ever supposed to know about this?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

Why does it say I have like a thousand points worth of missions completed but I have zero points?

It should have told you when it had the big prompt to link your account? You have to redeem the completed missions on the site. Also, don't forget to get the free orbs

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

It should have told you when it had the big prompt to link your account? You have to redeem the completed missions on the site. Also, don't forget to get the free orbs

Yeah when I linked my account I had issues. All this myNintendo stuff didn't exist the last time I opened a 3DS.

Looks like the rewards for completing the various missions all expire after 30 days so... screwed there.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Illieas wrote: »
    my defense team is 5* zeph hector, azura and 4* effie with azura being in the lead spot to hide the armoring.

I like to think its the you're gonna have a bad day team

do they have distant counter? because i shudder to think of facing that.

hector does, with vantage 2 right now
    zeph has bonfire L +d 3, wary fighter 3 and Hone Armor
    effie is mostly stock, but has 213 sp so i could inherit something on her easily, just didn't know what to put on her, maybe vantage? though that seems not as good without a guarenteed counter

leaning towards threaten defense

FYI - I wouldn't use L+D on Zephiel, personally. The speed does nothing for him and then you gimp his defense a lot too. I would say Death Blow is best for him, and Fury 3 maybe but that's a lot of HP to lose.

On another note...just remembered I had an Azama at 4*. I need to level this guy up so he can babysit everyone as they level! Forgot how great Pain is for that, and he's very sturdy with his defense.

I have ~60 stamina potions I need to use up while this SP bonus event is going on. SP is much harder to get now than XP.

Also...finally checked the IVs of a 5* Catria I pulled awhile back. -SPD :( I guess I now have Killer Lance+ fodder...

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Yeah when I linked my account I had issues. All this myNintendo stuff didn't exist the last time I opened a 3DS.

Looks like the rewards for completing the various missions all expire after 30 days so... screwed there.

Yeah this thread was talking about it pretty constantly the first week of release and the news articles that pop up mention it from time to time. You just didn't pay attention lol.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Just ran into a donnel +2 with distant counter and vantage. I guess if you have money, why not?

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Did i just accidentally use my leveling team in the Arena on my 7th match because i wasn't paying attention? Of course not! And if i did I'd like to see you prove it. Maybe I just wanted to see what would happen if i won 6 advanced + 1 beginner.

This might be a bad time to tell you this, but after you choose to go into the arena, and you get your 3 choices of opponents, if you choose "Surrender" it doesn't break your streak, you just lose a dueling sword.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

This might be a bad time to tell you this, but after you choose to go into the arena, and you get your 3 choices of opponents, if you choose "Surrender" it doesn't break your streak, you just lose a dueling sword.

WHAT.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

Well.....good thing that didn't happen then, isn't it....

>.>.....<.<.....>.>

I do appreciate the info though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

WHAT.

Scout's honor!

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

WHAT.

This is the first I am hearing of this... Wow...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    In the game's defense, it does say exactly that when you click on "Surrender". "If you give up without battling, it will not break your current winning streak." Though admittedly it is a little counter-intuitive to tap the option and then it lets you know the consequences.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    In the game's defense, it does say exactly that when you click on "Surrender". "If you give up without battling, it will not break your current winning streak." Though admittedly it is a little counter-intuitive to tap the option and then it lets you know the consequences.

I tend to do this if my 7th streak match suggests a mage team. I usually fare the worst against those.

• Options
    ok, skill question.

working on my hector. he is at vantage 2 and has about 176 sp. I also gave him moonbow as an inherit. do i learn new moon first or wait for enough sp for vantage 3 then go for the special?

i think I am leaning towards moonbow first but thought I would throw it out here.

also the youre gonna have a bad day arena team now has Zeph with fury 2 instead of L+D, and Effie with threaten Def.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Pick up New Moon, then Vantage 3, then Moonbow is what I might do if I was ever lucky enough to pull Hector.

New Moon and Moonbow both trigger on your second defensive attack anyways when someone picks a fight with you at 100% health (unless someone is slow enough not to double Hector) without any change in potency, so I think the next nice skill increase comes from upgrading Vantage.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Hmmm... Do the Hector banner which has the bonus to focus pulls and somehow end up with a 5 star Peri (who isn't even a focus hero) :P ok game... I'm not sure if Peri is any good or not, though I guess more 5 stars are always nice

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    Pick up New Moon, then Vantage 3, then Moonbow is what I might do if I was ever lucky enough to pull Hector.

New Moon and Moonbow both trigger on your second defensive attack anyways when someone picks a fight with you at 100% health (unless someone is slow enough not to double Hector) without any change in potency, so I think the next nice skill increase comes from upgrading Vantage.

Yea that was my thinking and ultimately what I did. I just needed someone to affirm me. So now I have moonbow and almost pivot/fury 3 on zeph. However he just hit 40 so not sure how fast that will go.

camo_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.