• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    four game losing streak in OW for -100

goooood times

It's hard

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Far Cry 4 was interesting to start out, but ultimately its an ubisoft open world game. Collect some shit, level up, kill some guys. Its really just so formulaic I can't see ever buying one of their games at full price.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    gonna be out $3k for some HVAC repairs and reconfiguring. yay, home ownership!

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    100% to remember the name

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I must be playing The Witcher wrong because I have absolutely no interest in spending my gold to play Gwent against goofy NPCs.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Far Cry 4, the indie darling pixel art titty jrpg

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Pot will remain popular even if legalized. In fact it will grow as more people will realize its benefits for pain relief etc. It is a pretty safe high and usually enjoyable.

it would also get cheaper absent special taxes

partly because being illegal obviously raises costs quite a bunch, also because serious farming on serious scales beats the shit out of any weed growing operation you could possibly hide

Yeah it will get taxed to all hell heh. Here in WA the prices have dropped tremendously for selling of pot. But with the rates so low and taxing so high from the state gov people just buy from dealers still. At least around here.

I predicted this a couple years ago. Criminals who were facing federal jail time will not be deterred by tax evasion!

You need low taxes and light regulation to bring them out of the shadows and legitimize business.

despite the the old school stoners still going to their dealers legal shops are doing big business here

you're in a relatively rural area though, right?

People within the industry have been pointing this out for like ten years in medical states: some customers go the convenient store route and many will continue to go black market for price reasons.

Going recreational vs medical doesn't change the math in any real way.

The more stores there are the more convenient it gets though, so the math does change in that respect.

I just think it would have to be like, gas station or Starbucks prevalent to hugely change the customer logistics vs. the faux-medical angle thus far.

The other key thing I think is that regardless of the specific intermediary steps, the line between black market / medical / reacrstional is blurry to nonexistent. The real pot market is a mish mash of products moving back and forth across those lines. I would wager that's also not going to change until it is seriously entrenched at near-alcohol levels, at which point a lot of the mom and pops are probably already being pushed out by bigger businesses.

It would be nice to see a sort of post-craft beer mentality of regulation nurturing independent businesses rather than the "IT'S ILLEGAL YOU'LL ROT IN PRISON wait hang on just became legal line right up for Anheuser-Phillip Morris-InBev Weed Lite lol" that a lot of people expect to see happen.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Pot will remain popular even if legalized. In fact it will grow as more people will realize its benefits for pain relief etc. It is a pretty safe high and usually enjoyable.

partly because being illegal obviously raises costs quite a bunch, also because serious farming on serious scales beats the shit out of any weed growing operation you could possibly hide

Yeah it will get taxed to all hell heh. Here in WA the prices have dropped tremendously for selling of pot. But with the rates so low and taxing so high from the state gov people just buy from dealers still. At least around here.

I predicted this a couple years ago. Criminals who were facing federal jail time will not be deterred by tax evasion!

You need low taxes and light regulation to bring them out of the shadows and legitimize business.

despite the the old school stoners still going to their dealers legal shops are doing big business here

People within the industry have been pointing this out for like ten years in medical states: some customers go the convenient store route and many will continue to go black market for price reasons.

IMO too with weed culture what it is (and american tightwadness being what at is) it doesn't matter how low you make the taxes you'll get a contingent of people who will keep buying black market if its cheaper by even a buck, and post-hoc rationalize it being about quality or non-corporateness or something.

Certainly you could set the taxes too high but WA hasn't done that, the biggest prices shocks were in the very beginning and not from tax but from the restricted supply of Official Legal Weed and you'd pay like $20+ a gram

these days shops are fighting each other to see who can sell the most varieties for <$5 a gram

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    FarCry 3 was the first one I played

Shit was crazy good

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I just have to laugh people are like "no way could you do far cry stuff in the US" and its like as if the Far Cry games are based in any fucking reality already. In Far Cry Arrow edition you have a magical tattoo that grants you killing powers...

You kill bosses in a fucking drug induced fever dream spirit quest.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    i keep forgetting to leave bnet up so i can see if bros are playing overwatch

but also most of my PC gaming is after porp goes to bed around 11 or so

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

goooood times

It feels like every game is a stomp, so I am done with it.

I did some comp with husband and we tanked our ratings

getting back out seems hard, especially when you get extra punished for leaver losses

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    my buddy didn't die face down in the river after an ill-advised Baron call so you could pay lower taxes on your weed, spool

Ftfy

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

IMO too with weed culture what it is (and american tightwadness being what at is) it doesn't matter how low you make the taxes you'll get a contingent of people who will keep buying black market if its cheaper by even a buck, and post-hoc rationalize it being about quality or non-corporateness or something.

Certainly you could set the taxes too high but WA hasn't done that, the biggest prices shocks were in the very beginning and not from tax but from the restricted supply of Official Legal Weed and you'd pay like $20+ a gram

these days shops are fighting each other to see who can sell the most varieties for <$5 a gram

Agreed vowels but the sin tax is still damn near 40% even if the cost is low.

• Options

The more stores there are the more convenient it gets though, so the math does change in that respect.

I just think it would have to be like, gas station or Starbucks prevalent to hugely change the customer logistics vs. the faux-medical angle thus far.

The other key thing I think is that regardless of the specific intermediary steps, the line between black market / medical / reacrstional is blurry to nonexistent. The real pot market is a mish mash of products moving back and forth across those lines. I would wager that's also not going to change until it is seriously entrenched at near-alcohol levels, at which point a lot of the mom and pops are probably already being pushed out by bigger businesses.

It would be nice to see a sort of post-craft beer mentality of regulation nurturing independent businesses rather than the "IT'S ILLEGAL YOU'LL ROT IN PRISON wait hang on just became legal line right up for Anheuser-Phillip Morris-InBev Weed Lite lol" that a lot of people expect to see happen.

In WA the lines are pretty hard.

They merged the medical stores into the recreational because they were a shitty grey market like you said.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    FarCry 3 was the first one I played

Shit was crazy good

FarCry 2 was my first. Watching a field of tall grass burn for the first time was fun.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    we don't have a line of succession like that with ministers ranked above one another

like we have the old school kind of line of succession. The only ranking of ministers we have is about seating arrangements at royal galas.

HRH Crown Prince Haakon Magnus
    dxlhZw9h.png

then his eldest daughter, HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra
    Tnq1VDEh.png

then her little brother, HH Prince Sverre Magnus
    SOVwOLsh.png

then Haakon's big sister HH Princess Märtha Louise, "the kooky one"
    x8iOPy3h.png

then her eldest daughter Maud Angelica Behn
    zGiMKhEh.png

the middle child Leah Isadora Behn
    tP6SojPh.png

and finally Märtha's youngest, Emma Tallulah Behn
    CLhpsufh.png

and then it stops there with the storting having the right to just pick someone. Also most of this line of succession being children is no problem at all.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Forty fucking percent

Brb becoming a Rand Paul

• Options

if you get lots of revenue and lots of drug dealers from taxing it, i'm not sure that's worse than not very much revenue and not very many drug dealers

The goal of government regulation is not to create profit centers for the State!

• Options

goooood times

It feels like every game is a stomp, so I am done with it.

I did some comp with husband and we tanked our ratings

getting back out seems hard, especially when you get extra punished for leaver losses

is your husband at fault

is he a baddie

it's ok sig you can tell us

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I just have to laugh people are like "no way could you do far cry stuff in the US" and its like as if the Far Cry games are based in any fucking reality already. In Far Cry Arrow edition you have a magical tattoo that grants you killing powers...

You kill bosses in a fucking drug induced fever dream spirit quest.

Seriously

The "character goes from dudebro to Colonel Kurtz" story arc was really good

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Far Cry 4 was interesting to start out, but ultimately its an ubisoft open world game. Collect some shit, level up, kill some guys. Its really just so formulaic I can't see ever buying one of their games at full price.

I had approximately 100 times more fun with Just Cause 3 than Far Cry 4

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

I just finished Far Cry 2 last night and it was pretty disappointing. Up until about the last hour of the game it's all the same thing over and over again with no real rhyme or reason. The plot consisted solely of two interchangeable factions giving you missions to blow up some McGuffin you don't care about in some part of the world you don't care about, and side missions boiled it down even further into just assassination or vehicle ambush. It didn't help that the only real bit of plot you get before the end, the Jackal Tapes, glitched for me so every one I got would just tell me the same story of some kid who looked "tired, old, tired" stealing boots off a corpse.

• Options

look this poor state needs every dang dollar it can get

if it can tax at 40% and the prices are still low then good on them

would I rather we got rid of sales taxes, implemented an income tax, and rejiggered our property taxes? yes, absolutely

but I'm not against high tax rates inherently

• Options
    I don't know what the taxes are in the US but I suspect things like cigarettes have significant "sin" tax in most places. Smokers still buy them legally for the most part because you can buy them everywhere.

Not a good comparison because cigarettes are an established market selling a product that has never been illegal.

• Options

Forty fucking percent

Brb becoming a Rand Paul

If you buy booze in this state they show you this nice and low ticket price of 18 bucks a fifth. But at the register you get sales tax and a nice 40% sin tax added on to make it damn near 30 bucks out the door heh.

• Options

look this poor state needs every dang dollar it can get

if it can tax at 40% and the prices are still low then good on them

would I rather we got rid of sales taxes, implemented an income tax, and rejiggered our property taxes? yes, absolutely

but I'm not against high tax rates inherently

Sure I understand vowels. We will just disagree on core things and no need to get into sin taxes arguments heh. I land on the other side of that one heh.

• Options

In WA the lines are pretty hard.

They merged the medical stores into the recreational because they were a shitty grey market like you said.

Good for them

In California it is a fucking mess

Same eco disaster outdoor grows up north, same McMansion duplex house indoor grows down here, actual leaf and all the finished barcoded cutesy packaged finished goods alike go back and forth across the lines

All the medical shatter and stuff seems sketchy as heck to me but idk

Craft  beer  the  market  now

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

if you get lots of revenue and lots of drug dealers from taxing it, i'm not sure that's worse than not very much revenue and not very many drug dealers

The goal of government regulation is not to create profit centers for the State!

Don't go bonkers on me bro

If you want to argue politics I'm going to need like three sworn affidavits from people you see every day that you're in a good mood and not stressed

sig.gif
  • Options
    @porp new bodyjam tracklist is on youtube. still deciding how much i love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjAT4stJQnU&amp;index=2&amp;list=PLloFGxt9L9RWExAxGz44pziLQHknGZjX8

salsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! bailamos!

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Elki wrote: »
    I really don't get the complaining about "this looks like destiny" no shit that's what I wanted in a sequel? Like gameplay was fine in destiny it was just things to play for an extended period of time where it fell on its face.

I was expecting an isometric turn based RPG.

35% exploration, 65% turn-based.
    Uhh, excuse me, but it's 65% Turned Based Combat. A totally different thing.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I don't know what the taxes are in the US but I suspect things like cigarettes have significant "sin" tax in most places. Smokers still buy them legally for the most part because you can buy them everywhere.

Not a good comparison because cigarettes are an established market selling a product that has never been illegal.

fun fact I like to state when I'm lighting one: I'm statistically cheaper for society than non-smokers, since the costs of caring for smokers with lung cancer is offset by the fact that most smokers die of heart disease at like, 60, which is the absolute cheapest way to go. Combined with the sin tax it even gets slightly into the black.

So, I always say, you should smoke too out of pure civic responsiblity like me, random person who was unfortunate enough to strike up conversation with me outside this bar,

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Sin taxes never bother me but I hardly drink, never smoked anything and so FUCK EVERYONE ELSE MA TAXES!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

it's a bad comparison for trying to judge what's going on right now, but it's a good comparison because there is no reason for marijuana to be treated differently than tobacco

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    If the Norwegian children were invited to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, Sverre would be out first. Then Leah, Ingrid, and Maud. Emma would get the factory.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    A turn-based Destiny strategy game, driven by cover-based mechanics, with either unit by unit alternating activations or simultaneous order resolution (like Frozen Synapse) would be fucking incredible

You could even explain your omniscient view as being an AI running the op.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    "random person who was unfortunate enough to strike up conversation with me outside this bar" is a nice quote

sig.gif
  • Options
    I mean ultimately I agree that sin taxes are dumb

I think all sales taxes are dumb, at least on anything that costs less than like, a car

I don't agree that they, or the various regulations that exist, are killing the weed industry tho

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

okay swap in alcohol

boom good comparison

This discussion has been closed.