As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Switch gaming at Pax West

SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
So by the time Pax West rolls in we will have at least 3 great multiplayer games on the Switch: MK8, ARMS and Splatoon 2 (granted, I am not sure about local co-op on Splatoon 2 or if you can lobby online w/ friends). I skipped bringing the Switch to East, but will def be bringing it to West, even though it looks fragile compared to my trusted 3DS.

What other Switch games will everyone be bringing to West?

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239

• Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I think Puyo Puyo Tetris is a nice puzzle game to bring to PAX. Maybe Bomberman as well.

I also wonder if the Switch will be in Console Freeplay for PAX West or is it still too early.

Canderson1989 on
  • DustyStarrDustyStarr Registered User regular
    jackbox 3 seems like it would make a great game for lines and such. :3

• Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    So by the time Pax West rolls in we will have at least 3 great multiplayer games on the Switch: MK8, ARMS and Splatoon 2 (granted, I am not sure about local co-op on Splatoon 2 or if you can lobby online w/ friends). I skipped bringing the Switch to East, but will def be bringing it to West, even though it looks fragile compared to my trusted 3DS.

Still! Don't forget that sweet 3DS StreetPass love! The single greatest con-going accoutrement. I'll have mine to StreetPass with all of you beautiful people :biggrin:

Still! Don't forget that sweet 3DS StreetPass love! The single greatest con-going accoutrement. I'll have mine to StreetPass with all of you beautiful people :biggrin:

How often did you have to clear our your street passes though? With all the games released, at PAX South, I felt like I was almost playing streetpass stuff more than conventioning at times. X3

• Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    DustyStarr wrote: »

How often did you have to clear our your street passes though? With all the games released, at PAX South, I felt like I was almost playing streetpass stuff more than conventioning at times. X3

Nindendo added something new in Streetpass (I don't even look at it until PAX) that lets you hold more in "storage". Not sure if you have to pay for it, but it's nice they're doing something about it.

And in re: Switch games, does anyone know if Jackbox needs a internet connection to play? Cause the wifi in the convention center is awful.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
    Dragon6860 wrote: »

Nindendo added something new in Streetpass (I don't even look at it until PAX) that lets you hold more in "storage". Not sure if you have to pay for it, but it's nice they're doing something about it.

And in re: Switch games, does anyone know if Jackbox needs a internet connection to play? Cause the wifi in the convention center is awful.

I am pretty sure you do have to pay for it, but it adds other stuff too, it's absically like another streetpass game since it has so many features (save your fav miis, unlock a Birthday collection, probs other stuff).

I think Jackbox DOES need an internet, but the devs said that it does not take a strong one, even a phone tethering would do. I have never used the wifi there so I would not know how bad it is.

Monopoly is coming to the Switch... but I think that might be TOO long, even for the lines. X3

Hahahahahaha....hahaha...yeeeah, about that...it's what I did like 90% of the time. I got the expanded mii plaza when they released it last year but it makes new problems. I have all the games so I like to try to play them instead of just getting tags. But with the new 100 mii line max, you'll fill up the line and them it will take hours to chug through everyone playing everything. Couple that with wanting to get people multiple days in a row....it's a lot. But it's why I have soooo maaaaannny miiiiiis.

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular

As mentioned before, you can now have 100 people on the queue. I usually fill up my queue on the last day and take 100 StreetPasses home :) Paxes are the only time I make any progress on those games and it feels like I'm delaying Pax's end.

Also, Runbow Pocket will be out by then and should be a fun con game for the 3DS as well!

Hoping the Rabbids+Mario XCOM clone has co-op and/or versus mode. That one came out of the left field, but looks like fun.

• SNDTSTSNDTST Registered User new member
    I can't wait to challenge people in MK8D. I just unlocked Gold Mario so I will bringing my A Game :)

• MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    ARMS and Puyo tetris are what i'll have on hand. Splatoon 2 is a good bet as well.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
    Just bought Mario Kart 8 DX just for PAX. Will be an easy pick up and play kinda game for 2 or more people. :3

edited July 2017
    I'm terrible at MK8, will be the one launching blue shells at people from the back :)

SinoSamba on
  • blindnoirblindnoir Registered User regular
    I'm debating on bringing my Switch since I barely got MK8, I usually bring all my handhelds with me and I never use them.

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    I'll be bringing mine with kart and puyo puyo Tetris, haven't decided on splatoon yet.

• blindnoirblindnoir Registered User regular
    How is Puyo Puyo Tetris? I never heard of it.

blindnoir wrote: »
    How is Puyo Puyo Tetris? I never heard of it.

There is a demo on the eShop so you can try it to see if you like it. The mode where is vs and it switches from PuyoPuyo to Tetris as you play the match is very fun.

• acydlordacydlord Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    I'll definitely be bringing splatoon, mk8, and arms. Probably gonna bring a portable wifi router for some extra LAN action

paxsignature.png

Splatoon 2 is so good. Can't believe I'm playing an online shooter of this high quality on my bed before going to sleep!

Will pick Mario+Rabbids right before hopping on the plane to go to Seattle for Pax. Hope the game has good multiplayer :)

• Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Overcooked, no doubt! That's a great line game. Gonna be bringing that and MC8, maybe splatoon if I can scrounge up some extra cash.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    Overcooked, no doubt! That's a great line game. Gonna be bringing that and MC8, maybe splatoon if I can scrounge up some extra cash.

I dont know if you want to encourage fistfights and drawing blood in lines. Overcooked ruins lives and ends relationships

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
    Tumbleseed has been updated to not be so hard to learn and added local 2 player battle. Also, 33% off :) Picked it up.

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I will be bringing PPT, MHXX, MK8, ARMS and Splatoon 2, Bomberman, Jackbox 1-3.

Will definitely be playing MHXX in the MHW line.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide