As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting] TEKKEN 7 HERE (new thread time)

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    I want to do this Wonder Woman event but all her special moves are an input I can hit like, once every 30 tries, so

The thing to remember is that if you hold back or down for too long, you can't use that direction for a special until you reset to neutral. So if you walk back, then press forward and light, you won't get the lasso. You need to let go of back, then do back and forward.

Took me quite a bit of experimentation to figure that out.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    every time I check "Tekken 7 auto download" it unchecks it

thats like... pretty sweet

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Deans wrote: »
    I want to do this Wonder Woman event but all her special moves are an input I can hit like, once every 30 tries, so

The thing to remember is that if you hold back or down for too long, you can't use that direction for a special until you reset to neutral. So if you walk back, then press forward and light, you won't get the lasso. You need to let go of back, then do back and forward.

largely what happens is I jump or crouch

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I seriously don't understand why neither Marduk or Armor King made it into this version. Of well, makes my decision to pass that much easier.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    they had to put in important characters like panda and just a salmon

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Deans wrote: »

largely what happens is I jump or crouch

Just set an ai loadout and the console take care of it. There are some ai settings online you can find that should be good.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

The salmon made it into this one?

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »

no i lied

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    SabreMau wrote: »

no i lied

Disappointing. I wanted to dress up a fighting fish with custom outfits.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    If this leaked roster is accurate, here's who's been cut in the transition from MvC3 to Infinite
    Capcom
    - Akuma
    - Albert Wesker
    - Amaterasu
    - C. Viper
    - Felicia
    - Frank West
    - Hsien-Ko
    - Jill Valentine
    - Mike Haggar
    - Phoenix Wright
    - Trish
    - Tron Bonne
    - Vergil
    - Viewtiful Joe
    - Zero

Marvel
    - Deadpool
    - Doctor Doom
    - Dormammu
    - Ghost Rider
    - Iron Fist
    - Magneto
    - MODOK
    - Phoenix
    - Sentinel
    - She-Hulk
    - Shuma-Gorath
    - Storm
    - Super-Skrull
    - Taskmaster
    - Wolverine
    - X-23

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I can't see Shuma being gone for long. Capcom loves that character.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Maybe it's blasphemy, but that video of the T7 customization felt a little underwhelming compared to the cornucopia of dress-up options in INJ2.

I feel like SCV had more options as well. Too bad INJ2 is the standard jank, but goddamn they have a lot of cosmetic options.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Yeah, compaired to T6 and Tag2 the options are lacking. They say they are supporting T7 with DLC for a year at least, so we'll see probably see more options down the line.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    It seems larger to me because I didn't play any of those other games and the costume choices in Street Fighter 4 and 5 are limited to just a few full costume sets (plus palette swaps) per character, not mix-and-matching different parts like an MMO.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    I remember making some crazy shit in TTT2. SCV? I made goddamn Jin from Samurai Champloo in that game. It just seems odd. One of the things that jumps out is that most of the guys have more outfits that are the same as opposed to unique ones.

• Options
    SCV was really fun. I made Setsuka into Princess Peach and Zasalamel into Testament.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I seriously don't understand why neither Marduk or Armor King made it into this version. Of well, makes my decision to pass that much easier.

Gigas is Marduk

Armor King is nearly a clone char, which doesn't fly when they're trying to keep the roster trim. You and I both know AK is a bastard King/Mishima hybrid, but Joe Gamer is gonna see King and Slightly Different King and be disappointed by the roster bloat.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Knob wrote: »

Gigas is Marduk

Armor King is nearly a clone char, which doesn't fly when they're trying to keep the roster trim. You and I both know AK is a bastard King/Mishima hybrid, but Joe Gamer is gonna see King and Slightly Different King and be disappointed by the roster bloat.

He's not though, not really. No VTS and no running tackles and stubby ass legs. No takedowns. He shares a lot of moves yes but his feel just isn't right for me to consider him a Craig clone. I get your point about Armor King, but no Jaycee either, and she was cool and unique.

Gigas is some sort of robo gorilla that happens to use some of Marduk's moves, but not the right ones, IMO.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I mean, Craig Marduk is inside the Gigas suit.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Did they hack his legs off at the knee to fit him in there?

Wiki says there is canonical evidence that Gigas is not Marduk, i.e. Marduk has been hospitalized per King's bio.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    wow I hope that mvci leak list isnt real because the capcom side would be a gigantic disappointment for me

marvel vs capcom: infinitely reused assets

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

I mean

did Armored King miss out? Which King is this? There have been several

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    wow I hope that mvci leak list isnt real because the capcom side would be a gigantic disappointment for me

marvel vs capcom: infinitely reused assets

I hate how believable I find it, considering the current state of Capcom

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The only things even remotely exciting on that roster are folding Groot in with Rocket and the idea of a Monster Hunter amalgam character

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    that would make the capcom side only getting 3 new characters

that seems really bad, I guess thats the blood price the FGC would have to pay for megaman x and a darkstalkers character that isnt felicia and morrigan and nobody else since anakaris

it's ass so I kinda believe it

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Characters I've played in the rest of the MvC series: Chun-Li, Rogue, Sakura, Zangief, Dan, Jin, Roll, Cable, Cammy, Sentinel, Blackheart, X-23, She-Hulk, Hsien-Ko, Phoenix Wright
    Characters out of those that are in the new list: Chun-Li

Eh, hopefully I like someone else in the roster.

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    And also unavailable.

To elaborate, I'm curious as to what was so nuts about it before it was pulled from Youtube. Or if it was supposed to be something but the URL was just typo'd somewhere along the way.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdpdrTVxPYA

This is (probably) less nuts, but still an entertaining hype video.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    That video just says "Hey, Tekken 7. Got a lot of good shit in here."

I'm in. Preloading it on Steam now.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    If this leaked roster is accurate, here's who's been cut in the transition from MvC3 to Infinite
    Capcom
    - Akuma
    - Albert Wesker
    - Amaterasu
    - C. Viper
    - Felicia
    - Frank West
    - Hsien-Ko
    - Jill Valentine
    - Mike Haggar
    - Phoenix Wright
    - Trish
    - Tron Bonne
    - Vergil
    - Viewtiful Joe
    - Zero

Marvel
    - Deadpool
    - Doctor Doom
    - Dormammu
    - Ghost Rider
    - Iron Fist
    - Magneto
    - MODOK
    - Phoenix
    - Sentinel
    - She-Hulk
    - Shuma-Gorath
    - Storm
    - Super-Skrull
    - Taskmaster
    - Wolverine
    - X-23

These are some deep fuckin cuts

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Pc or PS4 Tekken, hmmm

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Capcom
    - Akuma
    - Albert Wesker
    - Amaterasu
    - C. Viper
    - Felicia
    - Frank West
    - Hsien-Ko
    - Jill Valentine
    - Mike Haggar
    - Phoenix Wright
    - Trish
    - Tron Bonne
    - Vergil
    - Viewtiful Joe
    - Zero

Marvel
    - Deadpool
    - Doctor Doom
    - Dormammu
    - Ghost Rider
    - Iron Fist
    - Magneto
    - MODOK
    - Phoenix
    - Sentinel
    - She-Hulk
    - Shuma-Gorath
    - Storm
    - Super-Skrull
    - Taskmaster
    - Wolverine
    - X-23

These are some deep fuckin cuts

Don't worry, they will all be DLC eventually.

• Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    I have Tekken 7 ready to go on PC, but I'm still super bummed that there's no cross play. Street Fighter V (and now Star Trek Bridge Crew) spoiled the shit out of me with that.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I think it comes down to who Is going to be my Apollo Creed style trainer and what platform they're on

Farangu on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    I think it comes down to who Is going to be my Apollo Creed style trainer and what platform they're on

I hate to break it to you, but between PC or PS4, Knob or me, it's gonna be less Apollo Creed and more

https://youtu.be/kvS6zMThiZU

• Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    Maybe I'll get the PS4 version instead just so I can play with @Knob.

Bear in mind guys, he and I go way back on this shit. We played the lag-infested Tekken 5 on PS3 together.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »

Join me on PS 4!!

• Options
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    Maybe I'll get the PS4 version instead just so I can play with @Knob.

Bear in mind guys, he and I go way back on this shit. We played the lag-infested Tekken 5 on PS3 together.

Well I win by default, good, GOOOOD.