Options

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    @ArcticLancer @Knight_
    We have talked about going back to FM6 for a while if people want to. Let us know if you guys would come back for that. I would definitely like to fit some regular racing back in.

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Don't get me wrong - mostly I've just been very busy lately and I'm either out on our race nights or the day slides by. I'll still pop on here and there.
    As far as I go, FM6 isn't that much more appealing. I like things being technical over a random lulz simulator, but I've not loved how things felt for a while (per my previous comment about the engine at large).

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Super silly and stupid things with Hot Wheels things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC_wvi9siUo

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Fuck, I finally had time to get on tonight and I totally forgot.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Hot Wheels Expansion - 7/10?
    Reading all y'all's event names in HW expansion - 10/10

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Don't get me wrong - mostly I've just been very busy lately and I'm either out on our race nights or the day slides by. I'll still pop on here and there.
    As far as I go, FM6 isn't that much more appealing. I like things being technical over a random lulz simulator, but I've not loved how things felt for a while (per my previous comment about the engine at large).

Could you remind me, or point me to a previous post, where you talk about the problems you see in the FM6 engine/physics? I'm curious.

Edit: Or was it more about PI balance?

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Apparently my Blizzard Mountain issue is known and widespread. For some people, having Hot Wheels installed makes it impossible to go to Blizzard Mountain, either infinite loading screen (what I'm getting) or stuck at black screen. It is "actively being investigated by Turn 10, Playground, and Windows teams with the highest priority" but it's apparently been around for a week so I'm not holding my breath.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    Apparently my Blizzard Mountain issue is known and widespread. For some people, having Hot Wheels installed makes it impossible to go to Blizzard Mountain, either infinite loading screen (what I'm getting) or stuck at black screen. It is "actively being investigated by Turn 10, Playground, and Windows teams with the highest priority" but it's apparently been around for a week so I'm not holding my breath.

They kinda have to fix it otherwise people are rightfully gonna ask for money back.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Not going to be on tonight. Doing a birthday thing with my wife's grandma. She is 91 and I swear she is in better shape than me.
    :bigfrown:

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    Happy 10th birthday to the greatest track day video of all time.

https://youtu.be/MPfxtJ8SQgk

Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Dat Gremlin.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/Dokpy_KIuyA

Forza Motorsport 7 drops in October for the Xbox One in 4K. I haven't seen anything that says it would or wouldn't take advantage of the Scorpio (now the Xbox One X apparently) hardware, but I assume that it would.

Kestrel1.png
  • Options
    FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 FIRST LOOK: THE SERIES REFOCUSES ON ITS DRIVERS

The important info:
    There’s also more of, well, everything. Turn 10 is offering 700 cars at launch, nearly lapping the 450 from Forza Motorsport 6 — and that includes the return of Porsche. There are 30 tracks (or locations) with more than 200 different configurations for players to run. The weather and night modes that were added in Forza 6 are no longer just modes: there’s a fully dynamic weather system that changes with every race, sometimes even during the race. You can see the horizon shimmer in the distance on hot tracks. The puddles now change in real time when it pours, and on some tracks you can see the rain approaching off in the distance.

Kestrel1.png
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Thank you Kestrel for grabbing the info. I'll try to start getting OP stuff written up/collected tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a 2 lap race on 'ring GP in 4k (not sure how long it'll be up, found it linked on Reddit):
    https://youtu.be/87z5J3YtlWw

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Watching all the shit jiggle and bounce on the dash looked amazing.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Pretty excited for a motorsport game. I haven't played a racing game in 6 months and it don't feel right.

Helps that it looks really good. The dynamic weather is really awesome.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    So at the start of lap 1 was the RPM/throttle jittering because the car was trying to stall, the AI is dumb and can't modulate the throttle, or was that because of the traction control cutting power to the engine?

That part just seemed really weird to me. Other than that I'm really looking forward to it.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    wasn't tcs because the tcs light wasn't going off, probably just weirdly controlled or ai jank.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    hi, will forza 7 support crossplatform play and can I use my G27? he asked excitedly

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Probably if you own a supercomputer. FH3 ran like garbage.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Michael and I think Ebo ran FH3 just fine on the PC. I would be shocked if they didn't keep up the cross platform play.
    You might have to have a PC built within the last year or so. My 3 year old gaming computer couldn't handle it, but that is to be expected with a machine that old.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    I had a brand new pc, it constantly dropped below locked framerates and just felt generally chuggy even if the average was probably very close to 30. It was actually very hard for me to race on the pc because it just felt off.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    FH3 ran butter smooth at locked 30 frames and had problems trying to go above, but I believe they patched some of its problems?

• Options
    Everything I've heard from PC players is as-of the last couple of FH3 patches is that they've patched out most of the problems and performance issues people had at launch. The hope is that's where 7 will start out.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Yeah, the recent update coinciding with Hot Wheels greatly improved the performance on PC. On my i7/1070, which routinely goes below 50fps (1080p/Ultra) in Surfer's Paradise, now can go 80-100. That's a pretty extreme example, but overall it's dramatic, and I'm sure they learned a thing or two going forward with the engine.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Dev Interview:
    https://youtu.be/cJX3Aa3ty80

Important bit: MAPLE VALLEY RETURNS!

Also, the floor demo features the return of Mugello! (which has always been my most wanted returned track).

The official announce page has some assorted screenshots.

Bloodsheed on
  • Options
  • Options
    I like Mugello.

It is funny how muted the response to Maple Valley is in that video, since it's a big deal for Forza fans.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    All these tracks coming back are going to make us all lament for Suzuka so hard.

• Options
    I'm sure T10 wants to bring Suzuka back. Just impossible to license it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    In case anyone missed it on reddit, the new name for the Scorpio is

"xXbox One Xx"

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    XxXbox One Xx's next event is titled "NO CAMPING - NO HPBS!!!!!"

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I'm sure T10 wants to bring Suzuka back. Just impossible to license it.

Huh...

Dan Greenawalt just confirmed Suzuka is back in FM7.

• Options
    Neat. Maybe with another game I can finally learn the hairpin.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    just to confirm, FH3 runs super great on PC now. I have a i7-2600 with a GTX970 and played a ton of hot wheels last night with no issues at all.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    just to confirm, FH3 runs super great on PC now. I have a i7-2600 with a GTX970 and played a ton of hot wheels last night with no issues at all.

I will second that. I have the same processor but with a 1080. Gorgeous game, smooth FPS, absolutely great performance.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    now if we could just get Kaido back...

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options