Options

U mad?

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    if we eliminated mercenary, work-for-hire artists from the art history canon, the entire renaissance would be gone!

Yeah, it's part of why I wanted to do the paper on miniature portraiture in the first place. It's a part of art history that isn't usually covered even though other work-for-hire or work-for-profit is, and a part of it seems to be because the academies shunned it as such a low art form they didn't even include it in their hierarchies. But I also think part of it is that art history tends to ignore a lot of commercial work and things of a certain scale (Cameos, the sculptural equivalent, are also often ignored).

You'll find Francisco Goya, Francois Boucher, and usually Adelaide Labille-Guiard in any general art history book, but you won't see the fine miniature paintings they did much less a mention.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I'm mad that I got 100 percent on the practice section for the Pythagorean relationship and only 66 percent on the area and circumference of circles.

I think I need to practice my multiplication is all. It's been a while since I've done it regularly.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I'm mad that I got 100 percent on the practice section for the Pythagorean relationship and only 66 percent on the area and circumference of circles.

I think I need to practice my multiplication is all. It's been a while since I've done it regularly.

Okay man, lemme help!

What's 69 x 420?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm mad at stupid work things.

Suffice to say that our billing system is fucked to all hell, we bring it up with the finance department all the time and get told that they know, but it's not a priority.

Meanwhile, invoices go out to customers, and then the system decides (at random!) that since the customers haven't paid their invoices in 24 hours, those customers need to be disconnected. Immediately.

So we then get a bunch of requests to emergency reconnect customers services. Which wouldn't be a big deal normally.

However!

There are a few areas in the country that do not have enough ports available in the exchange for everybody living in the area. Usually areas with older infrastructure and lots of new housing. Those areas go on waiting lists to be connected to copper. So if a port suddenly gets freed up, say by an over zealous finance bot, whoever is next on line in the waiting list gets that suddenly freed up put. There are waiting lists out there that are years long.

And so now, our customer is disconnected, their neighbour who's been waiting for years or months is suddenly connected (these waiting lists are for all providers, not just our company), and we have a very user customer on the phone, sending we connect them. But we can't. Because there's no ports available. And they're now at the very end of the list.

All because the finance bot got too eager. And this is a known problem!!!! But it's not a priority.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Okay man, lemme help!

What's 69 x 420?

The answer is "DANK" obviously.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Got up at 3 (adjusting my sleep schedule for work). Dog decided to get up too, then promptly peed on the carpet without letting me know she wanted outside. She's usually very good about that.

Mad at myself for not noticing, not at her. And at my coffee being cold now, after walking her and cleaning the mess.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'm mad I can't keep up with the 20 year olds while we were moving friend's apartment.

Also, furniture is really heavy and they should work on fixing that.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I'm mad I can't keep up with the 20 year olds while we were moving friend's apartment.

inflatable-arm-chair-1.jpg

• Options
    "now with convenient dildo mounting bracket!"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    The subway I usually take, the one near my apartment, detailed today. So glad noone was seriously hurt. But I know they are just going to not fix this well. It was already running every 30 minutes during rush hour.

Ffffff... I took another train. And it is very overfull. And people like to crowd by the doors instead of moving in. They also like to take the train one stop.. it's 5-10 blocks. My 3 year old, and my partially paralyzed mom can walk that easily.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    God damn it on the drive home from the gym this morning I suddenly hear a "wudda wudda" sound from the front of my car and I pull over and my front right tire is half empty and I can hear the sound of leaking air.

I'm still soaked in sweat and on an empty stomach so I'm going to shower and eat and then deal with this fucking bullshit.

I got these tires less than a damn year ago too, fuck.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Hopefully it's a puncture that can be fixed!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    It's a puncture but I noticed it too late and damaged the sidewall driving it flat so new tire for me.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular

My dream is to be rich enough to just be able to afford new furniture any time I move.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    The subway I usually take, the one near my apartment, detailed today. So glad noone was seriously hurt. But I know they are just going to not fix this well. It was already running every 30 minutes during rush hour.

Ffffff... I took another train. And it is very overfull. And people like to crowd by the doors instead of moving in. They also like to take the train one stop.. it's 5-10 blocks. My 3 year old, and my partially paralyzed mom can walk that easily.

my favorite species of Subway Jerk are the people who try to cram themselves into a train that is obviously at capacity

and then when the doors won't close they don't take the hint

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I fucking hate everything

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Except cute little kittiies

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I'm mad because my best friend just got in a car accident and her and her cat and her mom almost died and the dickbag who ran a red light had the fucking gall to walk up to her as she was pulling her injured mother out of the burning car and blame it on her.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    And now her mother is severely injured and may be long term crippled, her cat almost got blindrd and has a chemical burn on his face, she's banged up too but she's focusing on dealing with all the other shit.

Ugh fuck bad drivers.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    fuck, that's horrendous

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Sometimes I read articles and forget how to breathe.

(Trigger warnings for days... nothing in detail, just awful dangerous viewpoints that are horrifying)

https://www.advocate.com/commentary/2017/6/27/real-housewives-gilead

NightDragon on
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Yeah. We've definetly Got Some Problems right now.

And by right now I mean had some growing problems for a while that are now positioned to slip to a whole different level.

And by problems I mean FUCKING SHIT THIS IS BAD.

• Options
    Sometimes I read articles and forget how to breathe.

(Trigger warnings for days... nothing in detail, just awful dangerous viewpoints that are horrifying)

https://www.advocate.com/commentary/2017/6/27/real-housewives-gilead

what in the fuck did I just read

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    One of my aunts, who has helped me so much through out my life, got diagnosed with stage 3 cancer.

Fuck cancer.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

inflatable-arm-chair-1.jpg

When I was a kid I thought an inflatable arm chair was just the most ballin thing imaginable

• Options
    It has a cup holder.

That is pretty ballin itself.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I'm mad because my best friend just got in a car accident and her and her cat and her mom almost died and the dickbag who ran a red light had the fucking gall to walk up to her as she was pulling her injured mother out of the burning car and blame it on her.
    Rainfall wrote: »
    And now her mother is severely injured and may be long term crippled, her cat almost got blindrd and has a chemical burn on his face, she's banged up too but she's focusing on dealing with all the other shit.

Ugh fuck bad drivers.

That is horrible, horrible and I hope I never get into a situation like this

At least my fear would probably smother my anger

• Options
    I hate that I have patchy hobo sideburns and can't connect the bottom half of my beard to my hair without letting it grow out for like 3 months.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    You want to buy some beard hair? Good quality stuff.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    "beard"

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Hello mad thread. Jason Derulo is now my nemesis.

I really enjoyed the Postmodern Jukebox version of his Talk Dirty (Klezmer style, with the 2 Chainz rap in Yiddish!), and decided I'd give the original a shot. Initially I didn't hate it, but it quickly struck me as odd that the video would have shots of someone playing a trumpet as a low note that was clearly on a saxophone or other reed instrument played. Then came the chorus, and the hook. The very reedy, very saxophone hook, as the video shows a pair of women playing, again, trumpets.

"Okay," I think "maybe Jason Derulo just doesn't know what a trumpet is and no one else involved with shooting the video wanted to tell him?"

And then, in the related videos sidebar, I see it: "Trumpets -'Jason Derulo", and I can't help myself. I need to know.

It starts out as more of the same, really. If Derulo has more than one style, I haven't heard it and probably won't at this point. And then comes the chorus, and with it the... keyboard set to a trumpet sound preset? And then like 30 dudes dancing around with prop trumpets pretending to play.

Fuck this song, fuck Jason Derulo. That "found myself a cheerleader" song from a year or so ago was complete trash, but it at least had a decent if basic trumpet part in it.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    There's a pretty good YouTube video that points out how formulaic his songs are.

I think this it, though I'm on mobile atm.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JV2s0UIPOQY

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Derulo was involved in a very annoying commercial that would play over the speakers at work six times an hour last year. It was when coke was putting song lyrics on their packaging, and it was something like "Jay-suhn Derulo here, with a message blah blah I forget, Have you seen what Coke is doing? Dey puttin lyrics, ON DEY BOTTLES!" and we got in a little bit of trouble because we'd just page the intercom and leave the line open every time that commercial started.

Weaver on
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I'm mad there isn't a Predator disc fidget spinner.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Oh so when a thing asks you to express your answer in terms of pi that means you don't actually have to multiply by pi to express your answer at all huh?

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    They probably wants you to keep Pi in the answer though.

So not "1" for 180 degrees, they'll want "1Pi".

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    There is a chance my new puppy has parvo. He has many of the symptoms, but not blood in his feces, which I am hoping means something else is wrong. Other wise, well, my wife just lost her job and it is over $1k per day to treat parvo in puppies. Poor little guy. And the part that makes me mad is that he almost certainly got it from the vet we took him to get his leg checked out by. Maybe it is just a stomach bug though.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    If we are both stuck behind a slow car, and I finally decide to signal a lane change to pass, and you obviously see the signal and therefore choose to make the same lane change and peel out because you must be ahead of me, and I subsequently miss the opportunity to make the lane change because in the time it took you to pass me the other cars in the other lane caught up, I will sincerely wish death on you.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    furlion wrote: »
    There is a chance my new puppy has parvo. He has many of the symptoms, but not blood in his feces, which I am hoping means something else is wrong. Other wise, well, my wife just lost her job and it is over $1k per day to treat parvo in puppies. Poor little guy. And the part that makes me mad is that he almost certainly got it from the vet we took him to get his leg checked out by. Maybe it is just a stomach bug though.

I'm sorry :(

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    I'm mad there isn't a Predator disc fidget spinner.

What, like a human vertebrae?

This discussion has been closed.