As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] out of hell

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I am almost done with Righteous Fire, the expansion for Wing Commander Privateer

in 25 years I don't think I have ever actually beaten this expansion but I seem to be crushing it now. I have the best ship with every possible upgrade, making additional money-earning meaningless, so I can just blow through the story missions spamming missiles like there's no tomorrow, which is a great stress reducer. also paying the crime boss 200k credits to reset my reputation with all factions to "neutral" was the best money I've ever spent in the game, as my biggest frustration was getting jumped by 3-8 pirates at every nav point.

Privateer is not a perfect exquisite gem the way that Wing Commander 1 and 2 are, it has weird jank and I don't think it fully takes advantage of the amazing possibilities that an open-world space trading game suggests, but on balance it is still pretty rad and I am sad that I have maxed out my dude and will have no reason to keep playing after the story wraps

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    That hobby lobby story is fucking nuts

they're basically the villains from an Indiana Jones movie

They do intend to put them in a museum. A religious propaganda museum, but it is still technically a museum.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I am almost done with Righteous Fire, the expansion for Wing Commander Privateer

in 25 years I don't think I have ever actually beaten this expansion but I seem to be crushing it now. I have the best ship with every possible upgrade, making additional money-earning meaningless, so I can just blow through the story missions spamming missiles like there's no tomorrow, which is a great stress reducer. also paying the crime boss 200k credits to reset my reputation with all factions to "neutral" was the best money I've ever spent in the game, as my biggest frustration was getting jumped by 3-8 pirates at every nav point.

Privateer is not a perfect exquisite gem the way that Wing Commander 1 and 2 are, it has weird jank and I don't think it fully takes advantage of the amazing possibilities that an open-world space trading game suggests, but on balance it is still pretty rad and I am sad that I have maxed out my dude and will have no reason to keep playing after the story wraps

Wait

So, is that the original game that led to Privateer II with Clive Owen?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Well its nice that people who screwed over women, are more villainous than assumed.
    There is every day villiany which is just being shitheads, this is the Walmarts of villains. Just generally bad people, but predictable. Captain Planet level villainy is like regular villainy but jack up the environment. BP I'm looking at you, there isn't a lot of Indiana Jones level villainy out there. Maybe Swiss banks? Hobby lobby has entered the level of bad guy as Swiss banking.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man 25 year old game? Kansas is getting more modern by the day.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I am like Fortunato in The Cask of Amontillado - a fake gamer girl in nearly all things
    Few Italians have the true virtuoso spirit. For the most part their enthusiasm is adopted to suit the time and opportunity, to practise imposture upon the British and Austrian millionaires. In painting and gemmary, Fortunato, like his countrymen, was a quack....

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    https://youtu.be/dKBz1KsQY1Y

9 is the best bitches!

Krathoon on
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »

Well its nice that people who screwed over women, are more villainous than assumed.
    There is every day villiany which is just being shitheads, this is the Walmarts of villains. Just generally bad people, but predictable. Captain Planet level villainy is like regular villainy but jack up the environment. BP I'm looking at you, there isn't a lot of Indiana Jones level villainy out there. Maybe Swiss banks? Hobby lobby has entered the level of bad guy as Swiss banking.

Reminds me of that vicious line from one of Brosnan's bonds. "If you can't trust a swiss banker, who can you trust?"

Brosnan was in some poorly written Bond over all movies, but they consistently wrote his Bond as a right bastard. It's something I think lost with the Craig Bond films.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Dark Souls was better once I had somebody to lead me through the game and significantly better once I got the sword and dagger that let you do sweet breakdancing spins.
    e9M0hjw.gif

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I'm tired

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    I'm tired

• Options
    I'm tired

Then take a nap.

AND THEN FIRE ZE MISSILES!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    WHERE THE FUCK IS MY FUCKING SCORE LSAC

*screams*

*doesnt stop screaming*

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I could really go for a peppermint shake, but it is not Christmas.

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »

*screams*

*doesnt stop screaming*

Oh hey stop dragging beast away from FF14.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

*screams*

*doesnt stop screaming*

That boy has misrepresented his truly overwhelming amount of play time. He has played more than enough ok

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    #1 has another baseball game. Fixed his batting form from last week and he rips one his first at bat

GEE WHAT ARE THE ODDS

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    [CHAT]

JOHN INSPRUCKER AND SPACEX ARE LIVE FROM HAWTHORNE, CALIFORNIA

WE ARE LESS THAN 6 MINUTES AWAY FROM LAUNCH

LIVESTREAM'S RIGHT HERE, LET'S DO THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIHVPCj25Z0

• Options

*screams*

*doesnt stop screaming*

That boy has misrepresented his truly overwhelming amount of play time. He has played more than enough ok

I don't think you are the best judge of that. I don't think you are the best judge of that at all!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    #1 has another baseball game. Fixed his batting form from last week and he rips one his first at bat

GEE WHAT ARE THE ODDS

Call the cubs, you have their next right fielder.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

*screams*

*doesnt stop screaming*

I don't think you are the best judge of that. I don't think you are the best judge of that at all!

I mean, even an hour is more than enough right

• Options

*screams*

*doesnt stop screaming*

I mean, even an hour is more than enough right

Man an hour is barely long enough to plot out what you want to do for the day. Five hour a day min.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Man I'm kinda psyched Tesla has a car out now that's under 30K (with tax incentives)

• Options

GEE WHAT ARE THE ODDS

Lol i just want him to build confidence and get that positive feedback loop going

Which is difficult when the coach keeps telling him to REST THE BAT ON HIS SHOULDER WHAT THE FUCK I WILL COME DOWN THERE

• Options
  • Options

GEE WHAT ARE THE ODDS

Lol i just want him to build confidence and get that positive feedback loop going

Which is difficult when the coach keeps telling him to REST THE BAT ON HIS SHOULDER WHAT THE FUCK I WILL COME DOWN THERE

Rest the bat on his shoulder? What kind of shit school participation millenial is this coach?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

GEE WHAT ARE THE ODDS

Rest the bat on his shoulder? What kind of shit school participation millenial is this coach?

Ikr

He was way behind every pitch cuz he had to lift the bat off every time before swinging

• Options
    Liftoff, and the Falcon has cleared the tower!

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    oh no i exploded all my energy doing homework in class

fuck

now the doomspiders will infect my brain

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options

GEE WHAT ARE THE ODDS

Ikr

He was way behind every pitch cuz he had to lift the bat off every time before swinging

Yeah I don't know what form that would even be. Like what? That's confusing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    "No no don't take the ball out of your mitt until just before you throw it."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    Go rocket

• Options
    I think that is legitimately one of the worst things I ever heard for baseball form. Like I couldn't even think what non logic went into that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    fuck y'all a clickbait article ranked MS the us state with the most miserable summers

*dies*

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    fuck y'all a clickbait article ranked MS the us state with the most miserable summers

*dies*

I think you can rate MS the most miserable in everything.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Well into stage 2 flight now :) Stage sep was good, first stage is headed for the drink, along with the payload fairing (though they might still stage a recovery effort for those!)

• Options
    I think that is legitimately one of the worst things I ever heard for baseball form. Like I couldn't even think what non logic went into that.

Chat was mildly mocking me for being angry about it last week but ya it's just like

Whatttt are you doingggggg this is so wrong

• Options

Chat was mildly mocking me for being angry about it last week but ya it's just like

TBF I said it was your right as a father to argue with a little league coach.

• Options

Why mockery? That's poor form and will only prevent the child from enjoying the sport.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I could really go for a peppermint shake, but it is not Christmas.
    every single day is christmas in heaven

(nsfw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kntQNeSge5s

wandering on
This discussion has been closed.