Options

[chat]

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind having a collection of nazi artifacts as part of an overall collection of WW2 artifacts
    having... just nazi artifacts seems

weird to me

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Like if you can't find a museum that wants to display it as part of some kind of anti nazi exhibit for some reason, then melted down seems the next best thing

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    compromise:
    you can have nazi/KKK atrifacts
    BUT
    you have to mount them in your toilet bowl

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Aioua wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    also, including tylenol as a deterrent to abusing codeine is fucking messed up.

Health-conscious addicts will do simple kitchen science to remove to acetominophin
    Other addicts will just shred their livers

So much of our public health policy related to addiction is "what if we just make being an addict even more bad, then people won't want to be drug addicts any more?"

See also, the Right's approach to poverty.

It's unconscionable.

huh

I never realized that combo was more about poisoning the codeine than being a analgesic teamup

-_-
    I just thought they used it as a binding agent, and analgesic team up so that it was easy to turn into a pill.

zepherin on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

Health-conscious addicts will do simple kitchen science to remove to acetominophin

So much of our public health policy related to addiction is "what if we just make being an addict even more bad, then people won't want to be drug addicts any more?"

It's unconscionable.

huh

I never realized that combo was more about poisoning the codeine than being a analgesic teamup

-_-

I'm a little sceptical about that

pretty much every codeine pill I can get is mixes with either paracetamol/acetaminophen or ibuprofen and none of them are OTC drugs. Paracetamol/acetaminophen is a very useful drug.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    What are these tweets/

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i am not really a collector by nature anyway

but i have known some people who were super into historical pieces

idk

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Eeeg a local antique/thrift store is selling some KKK tags and tokens apparently, gross.

how do you feel about like, historical artifacts

point of order: people interested in collecting nazi memorabilia are very probably dipshits

but maybe it doesn't have to be so

I think probably said kkk objects should be melted down or buried.

All that nazi stuff.. like, probably the same. How many gold eagle swastika statues does the world really need

What do we gain from destroying historical artifacts?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    What are these tweets/

Trumpisms.

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    The two most recent nicknames have completely ruined everything

You don't nickname people with the same regnal name the same nickname! The whole point is to differentiate them!!!

G7gO71ih.jpg
    I mean Evil Multifarious 'the pious' is pretty sweet.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    like I can't imagine any normal I'd want to interact with who is like

"here are my nazi artifacts" and its all explicitly nazi artifacts - not german ww2 artifacts mind you, nazi stuff

override367 on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    So a teenaged girl in Texas died after her phone, which was charging, fell into the tub.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-teen-electrocuted-after-cell-phone-falls-into-bathtub/

Firstly, @Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud

Secondly, how the heck did this happen? The phone charger should have topped out at 5V, 2A at most. That's a 10W maximum, not enough to burn or kill. And it should have blown a fuse in the charger the second it shorted through the water. I'd guess that it wasn't the phone or the charger that did this. I suppose that salty water (bath bomb?) could have dripped down the cord and gotten into the electrical outlet, but that should have tripped the GFCI circuit immediately. Unless the house was not up to code I guess and had non-gfci outlets in the bathroom.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    wow those tweets

on the one hand, what a fucking idiot

on the other hand, let's see how this latest massive blunder totally fails to stick

I am dreading checking Facebook, as I know there will be people I know just bending over backwards to somehow justify this.

Now Playing:
    Dragon Ball FighterZ [PC] - Sure is a lot of not killing Goku going on right now.
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Isn't cultural property protected anyway

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    like I can't imagine any normal I'd want to interact with who is like

"here are my nazi artifacts" and its all explicitly nazi artifacts - not german ww2 artifacts mind you, nazi stuff

Well sometimes a dude wants to show you his collection of hitler paintings...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I actually have 3 or 4 nazi artifacts myself but none of them bear swastikas

or rather my mom has them, but I have my great grandfather's knife and a medal and some other shit I havent seen in decades

override367 on
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Oh, found them, it was junior and not Eric

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Huh.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

It's unconscionable.

huh

-_-

To the FDA's credit, they asked drug makers to tone it down a little in 2012

Vicodin (hydrocodone), for instance, was formulated in 5/500mg (meaning 5mg hydrocodone to 500mg acetaminophin), 7.5/750mg, etc and is currently 5/300, 7.5/300, etc.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    So a teenaged girl in Texas died after her phone, which was charging, fell into the tub.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-teen-electrocuted-after-cell-phone-falls-into-bathtub/

Secondly, how the heck did this happen? The phone charger should have topped out at 5V, 2A at most. That's a 10W maximum. And it should have blown a fuse in the charger the second it shorted through the water. I'd guess that it wasn't the phone or the charger that did this. I suppose that salty water (bath bomb?) could have dripped down the cord and gotten into the electrical outlet, but that should have tripped the GFCI circuit immediately. Unless the house was not up to code I guess and had non-gfci outlets in the bathroom.
    ):
    that would certainly make me less likely to do that

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Tell me more about Evil Multifarious the Pious, and his great accomplishments

also I should get one of those font mods. they don't disable achievements, right?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Firstly, @ "Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud"

Secondly, how the heck did this happen? The phone charger should have topped out at 5V, 2A at most. That's a 10W maximum. And it should have blown a fuse in the charger the second it shorted through the water. I'd guess that it wasn't the phone or the charger that did this. I suppose that salty water (bath bomb?) could have dripped down the cord and gotten into the electrical outlet, but that should have tripped the GFCI circuit immediately. Unless the house was not up to code I guess and had non-gfci outlets in the bathroom.

Most likely not up to code, or, it's a new addition to the house that someone cut corners on (the father) to save a few bucks because, dangnabbit, he can wire as good as any electrician this side of Waco.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Eeeg a local antique/thrift store is selling some KKK tags and tokens apparently, gross.

point of order: people interested in collecting nazi memorabilia are very probably dipshits

All that nazi stuff.. like, probably the same. How many gold eagle swastika statues does the world really need

This is why we have museums.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

10% of the raw materials back. 50% if you have the scavenger perk

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Like if you can't find a museum that wants to display it as part of some kind of anti nazi exhibit for some reason, then melted down seems the next best thing
    Sell them for profit.

The only thing I'm melting down is Nazi gold.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Oh, found them, it was junior and not Eric

Eric is the one who is the butt of jokes, but really it's Junior who's the stupidest one. Being a Ventrue pays off in the end.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    oh yeah my assumption is that if someone is not-shitlordingly owning nazi artifacts then they probably own a bunch of various artifacts because they're lovers of history

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

10% of the raw materials back. 50% if you have the scavenger perk

if you have the right repair skill and perks you can repair power armor using a ww2 german helmet

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I don't know if you are being as playful as I read you FCC but you fkn slay me sometimes
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    In Australia codeine and paracetamol is over the counter medicine because unlike America we don't live in a nanny state

Ever heard of freedom, liberty and self determination America?

Ironically Australia has tougher laws on gun regulation, and loves welfare.

By equating freedom with guns and not getting mad high on state provided drugs you have established yourself as a right wing shill

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    The two most recent nicknames have completely ruined everything

You don't nickname people with the same regnal name the same nickname! The whole point is to differentiate them!!!

G7gO71im.jpg
    I mean Evil Multifarious 'the pious' is pretty sweet.

I've been trying to trigger the more ridiculous nicknames ("the Headless", "the Cannibal", "of a Thousand Faces") but the Pope keeps fucking crusading me every time the cooldown's up so I keep getting "the Holy" which is so boring

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Most likely not up to code, or, it's a new addition to the house that someone cut corners on (the father) to save a few bucks because, dangnabbit, he can wire as good as any electrician this side of Waco.

Yeah.

Any modern electrical system should throw a breaker (bathrooms have them in plugs, the TEST RESET switch dealie) if something like this happens and you should only get a minor jolt.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I used to have a nazi pin, friend of my mom's dad was in WW2 and took trophies. Don't know what happened to it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    at one time my family has lived in the same city in illinois and had several ww2 veterans from both sides, living in the same household

that must've been interesting

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    By equating freedom with guns and not getting mad high on state provided drugs you have established yourself as a right wing shill

I can't tell whether you're being serious or joking here. :)

edit: That said, yeah your complaint has merit but overall the subjects I bought up comparing to America are less right wing. And yes, equating freedom with gun is a right wing position. I never said I agreed with it.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Tell me more about Evil Multifarious the Pious, and his great accomplishments

also I should get one of those font mods. they don't disable achievements, right?

no they don't disable achievements - I think it's just part of Arumba's mod pack in the steam workshop, which includes shortcuts and fonts

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Firstly, "Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud"

almost certainly non GFCI

there was a sad story about kids being electrocuted in a lake, I forwarded to my Dad (they live on the lake) being like, "hey I know you guys are on top of shit but just making you aware"

and he was like, yeah they didn't have GFCI in their pier outlet

and I was like, oh, duh, holy shit how is that ever allowed : (

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Hello to all my Trumps, you're all special in your own way

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

It's the amps which get you, not the voltage.

But I'm wondering how they had the phone plugged in near the bath? Maybe an extension cord and water dragged the charger in?

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Yeah.

Any modern electrical system should throw a breaker (bathrooms have them in plugs, the TEST RESET switch dealie) if something like this happens and you should only get a minor jolt.

US code requires GFCI in any outlet within X feet of a water source. so all kitchens and bathrooms basically.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
This discussion has been closed.