Options

The Legends of Tomorrow Flash by like an Arrow!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Hopefully this season of Flash gets back on track as everyone involved seems to be aware that last season sucked eggs and that the show has lost what made the first season fantastic.

Grant Gustin said Barry Allen, and not just Savitar, was the villain of the whole season as it was his stupid, short sighted decisions that harmed everyone and they spent a whole season dealing with his bullshit. Candace Patton said she would have renamed the show to "Damn It, Barry" because he screwed up so constantly and the showrunners have said that they are making it the primary goal of S4 to be a lot more fun, and light and to have Barry be back to his old self who loves having powers and helps his friends.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh man Arrow got Dolph Lundgren

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Oh man Arrow got Dolph Lundgren

season five of arrow was fucking laser focused on me and my interests

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Having season 5 of arrow have a more personal story and not "the world is going to end" was a great move

Karl on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Having season 5 of arrow have a more personal story and not "the world is good to end" was a great move
    Yeah, they knew they fucked up in S3 and S4, so having S5 come right out of the gate being about Oliver was the perfect call.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Gorilla Grodd has been confirmed to be in Legends of Tomorrow Season 3, supposedly in a recurring role.

The big Arrowverse crossover is also a two night deal this time around, with 2 of the 4 shows airing on the same night as a 2 hour "movie".

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    They're moving Arrow to after Supergirl (Monday) for just that week, which is a good way to keep momentum since it's moving to Thursdays and they don't have a show on Wednesdays now

Unless they get Riverdale in on the crossover action

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    They're moving Arrow to after Supergirl (Monday) for just that week, which is a good way to keep momentum since it's moving to Thursdays and they don't have a show on Wednesdays now

We aren't that lucky.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    And while there are no details about the crossover announced one of the people behind it said "romance is in the air".

If someone in that thing says Olicity, I swear to God...

sig.gif
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

We aren't that lucky.

keep riverdale pure

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I saw a video from Comiccon where they talked about the cross over they said "it was deep rooted in the DCU", so I'm curious what it is.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    I saw a video from Comiccon where they talked about the cross over they said "it was deep rooted in the DCU", so I'm curious what it is.

bloodlines

hitman confirmed for arrow, season six

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Raaaad

The LoT team says Isis' inclusion to the team was a direct response to the election of Trump, partially inspired by one of the EP's Muslim sister-in-law's difficulties living in America.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Raaaad

The LoT team says Isis' inclusion to the team was a direct response to the election of Trump, partially inspired by one of the EP's Muslim sister-in-law's difficulties living in America.

The actress also compares her being a Muslim-American to Sarah's bisexuality, in that it's just a part of the character, not their entire personality

Which, I think, the Arrowverse has mostly been good with. Legends has has a few instances of them going back in time and being like "Uh, Jax, you might want to stay behind (because you're black)", and then the episode with Jax and Vixen being locked up with slaves and saying fuck it to the time continuum to save them.

I remember reading a blog post by a woman of color about Arrow, talking about a scene in season one (?) where Diggle buys Vertigo from the Count and comes back saying "Now that the person of color has bought the drugs" and she points out that Ollie makes a face that's both "I didn't even think about that" and "no one's ever talked to me like that before"

• Options
    Yeah, every once in a while that pops up. Like how Felicity was complaining that she'd be seen just as "Oliver's Girlfriend" (ha) after she became his secretary, and Diggle responds with "and I'm his Black driver."

sig.gif
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm curious if the flashbacks in arrow are just going to loop back so season 1 now. Turns out he was doing a ton of stuff we didn't see.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I've been hoping for a couple of years now that we'll get flashbacks to an exasperated Diggle to fill in what he does when Oliver ditches him in S1

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Well, apparently we'll be getting episode/character relevant flashbacks now.
    Like say, Deathstroke before The Island, and Laurel when she was still on Earth-2.

I would laugh if we got a season-long super important arc that we never saw in S1 though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Flashbacks to the first season showing that all of those goons that Oliver shot in the throat actually survived, and made a full recovery in that one hospital room in Starling General.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Flashbacks to the first season showing that all of those goons that Oliver shot in the throat actually survived, and made a full recovery in that one hospital room in Starling General.
    The entire episode is just them and their adventure in the hospital. No main stars appear or, if they do, it's a borderline cameo.

It's Arrow's version of "Lower Decks" from Star Trek: TNG.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Oh man

Apparently Grodd isn't just appearing on LoT

He's the lead villain for the season and has formed a new team of bad guys ala the Legion of Doom

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Oh man

He's the lead villain for the season and has formed a new team of bad guys ala the Legion of Doom

Where did you see this? Everything I see says Damien Darhk is the leader.

Also, they're trying to get Matt Ryan in for Constantine again

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    The entire episode is just them and their adventure in the hospital. No main stars appear or, if they do, it's a borderline cameo.

It's Arrow's version of "Lower Decks" from Star Trek: TNG.

Oh, you know what Arrow needs to do? A riff on "Almost Got 'Em" from B:TAS. Just have four villains sitting around the table telling stories of how they almost killed The Hood/Arrow/Green Arrow.
    Oh man

Ugh. Grodd episodes are always really awkward because they have to work around the dodgy CGI.

That said, I hope his plan is to turn everyone in the world into an ape.

• Options
    Oh man

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/05/legends-of-tomorrow-season-3-grodd/
    At The CW’s TCA panel, it was revealed that Grodd would be organizing a new group of super villains to challenge the Legends team. His group includes Kuasa and Damien Darhk among its members. The group is said to be organized similarly to last season’s villainous collective, the Legion of Doom, and even has a name of its own, though executive producer Marc Guggenheim isn’t spilling the beans on what that name is just yet.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Oh man

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/05/legends-of-tomorrow-season-3-grodd/
    At The CW’s TCA panel, it was revealed that Grodd would be organizing a new group of super villains to challenge the Legends team. His group includes Kuasa and Damien Darhk among its members. The group is said to be organized similarly to last season’s villainous collective, the Legion of Doom, and even has a name of its own, though executive producer Marc Guggenheim isn’t spilling the beans on what that name is just yet.

"No Eobards"

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Eobard was so fuckin' good last season

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hey Rorshach Kringle your magic is still going strong, Michael Emerson has been cast as Richard Dragon for this season of Arrow

By the way, this is a video of the cast of Arrow hearing the first time that Michael Emerson is going to be on their show and they FREAK OUT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot9S5GvqhIE

• Options
    Emily and Echo are Felicity and Curtis in real life, oh good lord.

sig.gif
  • Options
    finally

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    This fuckin' guy. Locked up in Oz for a crime he didn't commit, and now he gets to take it out on the Green Arrow.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    I loved Avecedo's character, Charlie, on Fringe! Sucks how he went down in that show though. One more reason to get back on the Arrow train it seems.

• Options
    I'm watching the Invasion crossover
    Why is Harrison Wells.... like this

• Options

That's HR Wells

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    That's actually another Wells that they went out and recruited because Earth-2 Wells didn't want to keep hanging out off his home dimension. Turns out, this new Wells was a complete fraud and was the front man for a company run by his actual genius partner. All he is actually good for is writing shitty sci-fi romance novels.

• Options
    So we're just gonna let Tom Cavanagh do a different take on the character every season?
    I'm okay with that

• Options

For a brief moment I thought this was Sad Cop from Bullet in the Face and was almost amazed at AJ getting everything he ever wants this year.

• Options
    we are literally the only people who know from bullet in the face, @Zonugal

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    So we're just gonna let Tom Cavanagh do a different take on the character every season?
    I'm okay with that

That's what it's been so far, yeah

Spoilers for season 3
    it looks like Harry might be back for season 4,but I hope they continue the trend of a new Wells each season

• Options
    Mvrck wrote: »
    That's actually another Wells that they went out and recruited because Earth-2 Wells didn't want to keep hanging out off his home dimension. Turns out, this new Wells was a complete fraud and was the front man for a company run by his actual genius partner. All he is actually good for is writing shitty sci-fi romance novels.
    H.R. Wells is pretty good at inspiring others and general team dynamics!