Options

The Porg Pals [Star Wars] Thread

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Sandwich! I trusted you!

Once again the conservative sandwich heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I suppose the PA comic on the last toy that said creepy things is too deep a cut?

• Options
    Oh shit now I remember that.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I feel like I might be alone here but the porgs don't really do it for me.

My enthusiasm for TLJ in general has kinda dropped off, but I guess that leaves more room for me to be satisfied with the movie when it inevitably turns out to be good.

jgeis on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

My enthusiasm for TLJ in general has kinda dropped off in general, but I guess that leaves more room for me to be satisfied with the movie when it inevitably turns out to be good.

I am avoiding hype the best I can
    Just seeing the porg? makes me question did they learn nothing from the ewoks? and others?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

My enthusiasm for TLJ in general has kinda dropped off, but I guess that leaves more room for me to be satisfied with the movie when it inevitably turns out to be good.

I'm definitely going to go and see it but I'm not particularly excited about it. Outside of exceptional reviews, I'm not going to go and see the fucken Han Solo movie or the Salacious Crumb movie or any of that shit. It didn't take long for Disney to burn me out on Star Wars.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

I'm definitely going to go and see it but I'm not particularly excited about it. Outside of exceptional reviews, I'm not going to go and see the fucken Han Solo movie or the Salacious Crumb movie or any of that shit. It didn't take long for Disney to burn me out on Star Wars.

How could they have possibly burned you out? They haven't even released anything. Sure at this point there is basically no way for the Han Solo movie to be good, but really all we know about TLJ is that there is a new furry race in it, and they are probably just a small part. I mean, how much press did Captain Phasma get before TFA? And she was in the movie all of like 10 seconds.

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »

How could they have possibly burned you out?

I guess you're right I couldn't possibly not be that interested in new Star Wars. I changed my mind, I definitely want to see a million more of these half arsed ideas every year until I die.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2017

I guess you're right I couldn't possibly not be that interested in new Star Wars. I changed my mind, I definitely want to see a million more of these half arsed ideas every year until I die.

Well, it's good to finally know the answer to "How many Star Wars movies does Tube want after Revenge of the Sith?". I have to admit, I didn't think the answer would be "2, a teaser trailer for the third, and rumors of a future movie being considered.".

Kidding aside, I have to assume that as admin of this forum you spend your days knee deep in nerd sludge that I can't imagine. I'm guessing a not insignificant portion of that is Star Wars related. I can easily understand how that could burn a person out on all vestiges of an IP. When I get sick of this shit, I can log off and go read something or just tune out those threads until I start caring again. I'm guessing you don't exactly have that option.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I mean movies being annual franchises kinda sucks.

I would honestly rather Disney make a single original movie than make another star wars one each year until the end of time.

I also don't like the idea of a cinematic university. It is like the worst thing about comics (complicated continuities just to keep you coming back every so often to keep up to date) thrown in with really formularic blockbuster movies.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »

Well, it's good to finally know the answer to "How many Star Wars movies does Tube want after Revenge of the Sith?". I have to admit, I didn't think the answer would be "2, a teaser trailer for the third, and rumors of a future movie being considered.".

Kidding aside, I have to assume that as admin of this forum you spend your days knee deep in nerd sludge that I can't imagine. I'm guessing a not insignificant portion of that is Star Wars related. I can easily understand how that could burn a person out on all vestiges of an IP. When I get sick of this shit, I can log off and go read something or just tune out those threads until I start caring again. I'm guessing you don't exactly have that option.

It's definitely true that I would probably have a higher opinion of TFA if it hadn't dominated my work life for about three months. I would still think the film was largely pretty bad, but probably wouldn't resent it.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    There's been 6 Spiderman films in 15 years and even that is too much in the minds of many.

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    There's been 6 Spiderman films in 15 years and even that is too much in the minds of many.

I agree.

The Sam Raimi ones are the only ones I need.

• Options
    I do kinda wish Star Wars was limited to the big trilogy releases and that's it for films.

But I would be down for a good Star Wars TV show.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I'm down for more Star Wars movies but they don't really seem to have any ideas. After rogue one all of their side stories or just movies about some secondary characters.

I'd be down for looking at corners of the universe far from what we know.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I would actually be down for a movie set during the Imperial era that didn't really connect with the other films outside of their shared universe. I want to see what life was like for non-Rebellion people under the Empire.

jgeis on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I would actually be down for a movie set during the Imperial era that didn't really connect with the other films outside of their shared universe. I want to see what life was like for non-Rebellion people under the Empire.

I really like the idea of the Witches and would like to see the introduction of other faction of force users that aren't just Jedi with a different philosophy.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Give me a Shadows of the Empire film.

Give me those stupid, padded, shoulder pauldrons.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I just want original stories in the universe. Rogue One, despite its many flaws, was good for that. To have the next half dozen non-trilogy films be established characters is. .. bleh.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am fine with them exploring characters like Jabba, personally, as very little of them was shown in the films and with the new canon we have no idea what they were up to before then. Exploring the criminal underside of the Star Wars universe via Jabba the Hutt's rise to power sounds like a rad as hell movie to me.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Jabba, Boba Fett, Lando, these are fine characters to make films about.

But I definitely would like to take a look at stuff we've never seen before. It's a little too "out-of-ideas-Hollywood" to to have a whole galaxy to play with and just focus on shit we already know.

sarukun on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am fine with them exploring characters like Jabba, personally, as very little of them was shown in the films and with the new canon we have no idea what they were up to before then. Exploring the criminal underside of the Star Wars universe via Jabba the Hutt's rise to power sounds like a rad as hell movie to me.

I'd rather Jabba the Hutt was a supporting character in a movie about the criminal underside of Star Wars.

Have him be like Jack Nicholson in The Departed.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

I'd rather Jabba the Hutt was a supporting character in a movie about the criminal underside of Star Wars.

I mean for all we know, that's what the film is

I really doubt a Jabba the Hutt film would have him as the protagonist as he's a slow, fat slug-man who speaks a nonsense language

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

It's definitely true that I would probably have a higher opinion of TFA if it hadn't dominated my work life for about three months. I would still think the film was largely pretty bad, but probably wouldn't resent it.

Yeah, that sounds awful. It sounds like you'd like it a little less than I do.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Zonugal wrote: »

I mean for all we know, that's what the film is

I really doubt a Jabba the Hutt film would have him as the protagonist as he's a slow, fat slug-man who speaks a nonsense language
    but he's so compelling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppL71p4Jo_c

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    I love that pronunciation of Jabba.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    here's a list of products that may or may not be put out for sale on Force Friday:

0PORyvB.jpg

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    I think I love DIego Luna now because he seems like such a fun, happy guy.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    The best thing R1 did aside from the Vader scene was introduce Diego Luna to a massive audience.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I really liked rogue 1. There were only a couple things that irked me but they were just because they had to work within the bounds of the other movies. Hopefully they found interesting actors for parts in TLJ and beyond because i didnt like a lot of them in TFA.

• Options
    So it looks like there'll be a pretty wide spread of starships in SW: Battlefront 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHQ77BZDZg

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Is this the closest to X-wing V TIE fighter I'm going to get?

FINE.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Ick
    I really don't like how Battlefront keeps using characters in battle that are dead or should not be there

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I want an entire game of that PSVR mode. Flying an X-Wing in VR was really cool. I stopped using the controller buttons when I could and instead used the buttons in the actual cockpit and it was super cool!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    hmm A Star wars skirmish game
    83oj3nryqsf5.png

Full on army game, not skirmish

They've already got imperial assault for skirmishes

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    83oj3nryqsf5.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hNV5sSNM5M

There are tons of videos of people playing it from Gen Con this weekend up as well

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    83oj3nryqsf5.png

Still looks pretty small scale, battle wise. No way we are getting AT-ATs or U-Wings for support.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    They'll definitely make stuff like that if there's an audience for it

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ick
    I really don't like how Battlefront keeps using characters in battle that are dead or should not be there

I mean the game is basically Star Wars: Fanfiction Combat

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    The rules are too simple for skirmish, with a name like Legion it should be a mass combat game.

This discussion has been closed.