As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcasts] and Dick Prison

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    god

now I remember the fucking Saw puzzle @DaMoonRulz made me and the forums solve for his secret satans gift, which included Assassination Vacation

it was a god damn trip and a half

Sometimes eric tests cyphers on the AE Slack Chat we set up

He is a very nice man and also I suspect that if he devised some sort of saw esque murder machine it would be unsolvable and kill me very very badly

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    oh absolutely, I was hopeless at the god damned Lament Configuration mind labyrinths he sent me

other, more qualified people solved them for me, for which I am very thankful

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    god

now I remember the fucking Saw puzzle DaMoonRulz made me and the forums solve for his secret satans gift, which included Assassination Vacation

it was a god damn trip and a half

It sure was fun, My Maine Man

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    You would be my ace in the hole if I ever got a bunch of people together for an escape room.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'm not great at solving puzzles. I'd leave that up to @Fishman

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm good at a lot of the parts of the puzzles but terrible at the straight cipher decryption stuff

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Holy crap you guys
    Monster of the Week is basically Supernatural the TV show the tabletop rpg. This speaks to me. In ways.

Also I cry at a lot of stuff these days but I cried a lot at the end of the TAZ finale. In the carpool line to get my son from school. Just ugly snort crying. Ugh.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Yeah, Monster of the Week is pretty good (I think of it as Buffy myself, but I think that all just depends on your media preferences). I'm really hoping they move forward with that one (based on nothing else so far).

Straightzi on
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Just finished season two of Alice Isn't Dead. And while I didn't think it was as great as season two on the larger arc, it did have a few of my favorite episodes. Bad Water was great as was Mouth of the Water. But there was one plot in the story that was so fucking good that I'm a little mad the episode didn't play with it as much. The central point of Chain being
    A fast food chain where every location across the country takes you into the same exact interior was god damn brilliant.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    Alice Isn't Dead is fantastic and I am not even mad that it's basically the same concept as a piece I am still editing because wow they really executed it far better than I could ever. And also Jasika Nicole is amazing.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Yeah. I *really* hope the tv show keeps her as Keisha.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I was imagining Monster of the Week as X-Files and now I'm disappointed to hear it isn't that

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I was imagining Monster of the Week as X-Files and now I'm disappointed to hear it isn't that

Mmm... yeah. Magic and the supernatural are explicitly real in MotW so I think it'd be tough to not play it straight.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

You might be able to do X-Files with it, but it's a bit more action-y than investigative

Scully would be an Expert, Mulder would be... probably another Expert. Maybe a Flake or a Wronged.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Their cultural touchstones were Buffy, Supernatural, and X-files. So there's that

5uk985hzcdu1.png

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    If you wanted to play a proper X-Files game, I'd either go with The Esoterrorists or Night's Black Agents, depending on how well-funded you wanted your agents to be

either way, I think the GUMSHOE system (which both games are built on, and also the best mystery RPG engine ever designed) would better suit that sort of game than anything else

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    You're saying Buffy, so I want to try it, but you're also saying Supernatural, so you clearly don't want me to.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    I think the thing that bothers me is that I feel like the "validate their opinions" respect is only going one way on this particular topic. I can understand and respect why some folks are bummed out re:Lup. I don't think they're wrong or bad for holding that opinion even though I disagree, and I do hope that the McElroys take the opportunity to learn from that feedback and do better in the future.

However, it doesn't feel like that respect is going the other way. The bummed-outs are being treated as having a more objective, more intelligent opinion and I just don't think that's the case. People who are into Lup are being sideways trashed as though they're just settling for some lower standard, as though they couldn't possibly feel that way if they were engaging critically with the material. It's snobbery, at best.

Like, it's valid to be upset. But it doesn't make you any more rational, thoughtful, or authentically queer than the queer folks who aren't upset, which is the unfortunate vibe I get from this discussion.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    If you like lup I'm smarter than you

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    If you wanted to play a proper X-Files game, I'd either go with The Esoterrorists or Night's Black Agents, depending on how well-funded you wanted your agents to be

either way, I think the GUMSHOE system (which both games are built on, and also the best mystery RPG engine ever designed) would better suit that sort of game than anything else

Yeah I was thinking GUMSHOE was the way to go as well. I'd also consider playing around with Cthulhu Dark, personally, as it's a solid mystery system, but that one is kind of structured under the assumption that your mystery ends with its characters going insane from what they've learned, so you'd need to make some distinct alterations.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    If you like lup I'm smarter than you

This post reads like a citation at the foot of my post.

• Options
    There's nothing wrong than being dumber than my extremely smart brain and very high iq but know that it is the case

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    I think the thing that bothers me is that I feel like the "validate their opinions" respect is only going one way on this particular topic. I can understand and respect why some folks are bummed out re:Lup. I don't think they're wrong or bad for holding that opinion even though I disagree, and I do hope that the McElroys take the opportunity to learn from that feedback and do better in the future.

However, it doesn't feel like that respect is going the other way. The bummed-outs are being treated as having a more objective, more intelligent opinion and I just don't think that's the case. People who are into Lup are being sideways trashed as though they're just settling for some lower standard, as though they couldn't possibly feel that way if they were engaging critically with the material. It's snobbery, at best.

Like, it's valid to be upset. But it doesn't make you any more rational, thoughtful, or authentically queer than the queer folks who aren't upset, which is the unfortunate vibe I get from this discussion.

I don't see how respectfully listening to and considering the well-reasoned complaints and criticisms of trans folks in this community is snobbery. They've raised some valid points and I don't feel like "yeah well other people are cool with it" really adds much to the conversation in this case.

Like, if you actually read what's been written, it's been acknowledged on multiple occasions that other trans folks have no problem with this and that their opinions are also valid. This isn't a right/wrong situation and the only people I've seen who are framing it as such are the ones who feel the need to defend the McElroys against criticism. If you truly respect why people are bummed out about Lup, maybe let them just be bummed out and acknowledge their points without tacking on a "but also".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I'll trade you one lup liker respect for a grape jelly on a burger liker respect

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I could see grape jelly on a burger if it was like some sort of home made jelly that is particularly tart but man you can keep Smuckers off my beef I tell you what

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I hear PB&J burgers are good but I've never tried it. I'm open to it though.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I could see grape jelly on a burger if it was like some sort of home made jelly that is particularly tart but man you can keep Smuckers off my beef I tell you what

Just try it with a slider at least

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Turkey burger with sharp provolone, grape jelly, sliced jalapenos, and radishes on a brioche bun.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Turkey burger with sharp provolone, grape jelly, sliced jalapenos, and radishes on a brioche bun.

I don't read homestuck

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    Free range, organic, authentic queer, coming to a store near you

Also I really doubt people are gate keeping on the queerness of Lup and Taako fans. If anything, a lot of the shade is directed at the het allies uncritically supporting the Representation.

• Options
    Peanut Butter Burgers are excellent

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    WACriminal wrote: »

I don't see how respectfully listening to and considering the well-reasoned complaints and criticisms of trans folks in this community is snobbery. They've raised some valid points and I don't feel like "yeah well other people are cool with it" really adds much to the conversation in this case.

Like, if you actually read what's been written, it's been acknowledged on multiple occasions that other trans folks have no problem with this and that their opinions are also valid. This isn't a right/wrong situation and the only people I've seen who are framing it as such are the ones who feel the need to defend the McElroys against criticism. If you truly respect why people are bummed out about Lup, maybe let them just be bummed out and acknowledge their points without tacking on a "but also".

What I'm saying is that I don't think the bolded is fully accurate to the tone the conversation usually takes in here. When people say "it's OK if you like Lup", it's often framed in the same way someone would say, "I mean, you can eat trash if you want. I'll be over here eating REAL food." It's snide and unnecessary.

If you haven't felt that, cool. I'm just chipping in that, to me, the tone in here has felt shitty. I'm mostly (mostly) straight, so I understand I don't have a dog directly in this fight, but my partner falls into the "queer folks who love Lup" camp, so I hope you can understand how I would get a little riled internally when things seem a little snide towards her.

I like everyone in here, from what I've seen. I don't intend this as an attack, just, like...a thought.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Dan is a fucking idiot

He flosses twelve times a day and does it deep enough to where it bleeds

"if it bleeds i feel like I'm getting stuff done"

god at this point I actually want him to stop appearing on shit if he's gonna talk about this shit

• Options
    I'll fight your partner

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Dan is a fucking idiot

god at this point I actually want him to stop appearing on shit if he's gonna talk about this shit

You have the ability to cease seeing content with dan inside it

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Dan is a fucking idiot

Except I enjoy everything else.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    atfhoqka5w7z.jpg

Beast Battle Sim might be alright.

• Options
    Dan is a fucking idiot

Except I enjoy everything else.

Then you should keep watching it and complaining every time dan does something you do-

never mind carry on

• Options
    Flossing 12 times a day until your gums bleed is better than eating 50 hot dogs and being unable to puke or shit

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I've been listening to some Dollops lately, and I listened to the dolphin one, and I just wanted to mention that the video game Ecco the Dolphin was in fact inspired by the writings of that particular drugged up dolphin man.

This discussion has been closed.