edited December 2007
    It reminds me that

after I get my GED degree

and weasel my way out of the Army

I need a job.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So I went to this training session for ESL teachers at the place where I volunteer. The first thing the lady who was teaching the workshop said (keep in mind, this is for teaching people how to speak English) was, "One of the most important things in teaching students is repetition," and proceeded to write 'repitition' on the board.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I turned down the chance to spend my high school graduation money on stock in EA industries, and missed about a $25 spike when all was said and done. I got the tip from a customer service rep with one of those tiger direct kind of companies that I used to call when I bought parts.

I also turned down a chance to buy a lot of stock in EB games in college right before the gamestop merger because I was saving it up for a new car. I could have sunk three grand or so into the stock when it was $20 a share. Two weeks after I turned down the chance the merger happened and EB stock went up to around $35 a share, I think it peaked at $43.... Now I'm using this years tax refund to invest in the "get my ass out of debt foundation"....

The moral: When some stranger tells you to spend $2000 or more on a stock, just do it... (okay, maybe not...)

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The moral: When some stranger tells you to spend $2000 or more on a stock, just do it... (okay, maybe not...)

You should really invest in Visiblehowl Needs A New Computer Inc.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Gah, infernal website. Just tell me the minimum I need in my savings account to not incur any fees already!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Church wrote: »
    It reminds me that

I need a job.

Maybe George Lucas needs someone to masturbate furiously over his overwrought scripts

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

Personally I recommend Help Gooey Buy a House, LLC.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The best way to make money, historically, long term, is supposedly investing in index funds.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Gooey wrote: »

I have a hot tip that VH's Rent Ltd. is going to skyrocket soon.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I still say invest in the Preacher wants to live like a rock star fund. The returns on hilarity alone would be well worth it.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    There we go, $300 minimum balance for no fees.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I turned down the chance to spend my high school graduation money on stock in EA industries, and missed about a $25 spike when all was said and done. I got the tip from a customer service rep with one of those tiger direct kind of companies that I used to call when I bought parts.

I also turned down a chance to buy a lot of stock in EB games in college right before the gamestop merger because I was saving it up for a new car. I could have sunk three grand or so into the stock when it was $20 a share. Two weeks after I turned down the chance the merger happened and EB stock went up to around $35 a share, I think it peaked at $43.... Now I'm using this years tax refund to invest in the "get my ass out of debt foundation"....

Investing a bunch of money in one stock on a "hot tip" is something you do when you can afford to lose all of the money you've invested. Everyone who says "oh, man, I knew I should've invested in Nintendo before the Wii came out" forgets that sometimes, even Nintendo fucks up, and that's a really good way to get fucked.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Please, if anyone is going to live like a rockstar it is me.

My signature has a guitar in it for chrissakes!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Church wrote: »
    It reminds me that

I need a job.

Maybe George Lucas needs someone to masturbate furiously over his overwrought scripts

Heh... Hehehehe...

Imagine the job advertisement.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yup. Thinny's right on the money. I got fucked by some big pharmaceuticals due to a recall.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »

Investing a bunch of money in one stock on a "hot tip" is something you do when you can afford to lose all of the money you've invested. Everyone who says "oh, man, I knew I should've invested in Nintendo before the Wii came out" forgets that sometimes, even Nintendo fucks up, and that's a really good way to get fucked.

I know, but as a young man with money to burn it pissed me off, because that money went towards absolutely nothing afterwards.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I should totally buy like 4 shares in google

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    One of my friends always invests in apples stock before mac world or whatever big expo they do, and then sells after.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Thanks to Zero Punctuation I now have a new term of flossing myself to death.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Gooey wrote: »

I have a hot tip that VH's Rent Ltd. is going to skyrocket soon.

Like I said, Chuck's United Way through avoiding Chapter 11 is getting the biggest slice of my tax refund.. I think it's a good cause : )

amateurhour on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2007
    20001213h.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.