As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dishonored 2 | Choke a bro | Billie Lurk Standalone DLC Coming Sept 15

1151617181921»

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Going to do new game plus and Corvo for the first time before buying DOTO.

Love that you can mix Corvo and Emily's powers. Should make doing a non lethal run pretty swift and easy.

Always wondered how viable it is to just straight up fight everybody sans stealth like that. Only playstyle I don't think I've tried in this series.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    They had the guy who's awesome at Dishonored play 10 minutes of the new DLC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0F-BF-aU18

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Have we heard anything else about the DLC?

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Yeah there's been a lot of info released. Their tumblr has stuff. I preordered it so I'll have it soon, dunno if I'll get around to playing it immediately though.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I see myself alternating between this and DIVINITY 2 over the next couple of weeks.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    So between XCOM, Mario + Rabbids XCOM, and Metroid, I really don't need to buy this immediately, do I?
    I can wait for some kind of sale, right?
    Oh, dammit.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    GUILD WARS 2 expansion next Friday, too. Yeah baby.

Indeed, can't wait.
    This whole month has been amazing for gaming.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Two best things:

Semblance. There's just a lot you can do with it, even special outcomes and interactions I've found when taking the face of either a named character or a "special" type of character from a more generic group (veteran guards, for example).

You can shoot pens and hagfish parts from your wrist launcher which can be both hilarious and practical. The first time I used it I thought I had a shock dart equipped when a guard surprised me, ended up pelting him in the face with a hagfish "pearl" which did little more than briefly stun and confuse him.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I'm most of the way through the DLC now.

As someone who would give every other Dishonored game/DLC at least an 8/10 and who considered Dishonored 2 a 10/10, I give this a charitable 4/10. The environments are inventive. The graphics are great. I pretty much hate everything else. I'm basically stuck at a point in the last level right now and yelling "fuck you" at the screen.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Got through the first mission of the DLC. Haven't played Dishonored 2 since clearing it with both Emily and Corvo, and it's easy to forget just how good these games feel to play - both in the broad-strokes exploration and moment-to-moment handling of obstacles. Hook mines are a hoot, and it's nice that they're making significant changes to the overall powerset; being able to mark a spot with Foresight and then use Displace to get there opens up some insane possibilities. And then there's Semblance, which I haven't even begun to experiment with.

That said, the setup has left me with a few nitpicks, which have some minor early-game spoilers:
    - I'm not really clear why Daud or the suppression field were even in the bathhouse to begin with, let alone why they were making him fight. I hope they elaborate on this a bit more.
    - For that matter, I'm not sure I buy that Daud is slowing down with age, considering he was undefeated in the ring and instantly kills any surviving Eyeless once you spring him.
    - Billie Lurk was interesting in the Knife of Dunwall, but as Meagan Foster she seemed a little too well-connected. She was good friends with Sokolov and Stilton, knew Ashworth from her time with Delilah's coven, was personally wronged by the Duke and was at least familiar with his body double. Just felt kind of contrived, like she had a finger on the pulse of the conspiracy at every step.
    - No whalepunk grappling arm designed by Sokolov? No Thief 2-style mechanical eye? Missed opportunity, Arkane.

Anyway, on the second mission now and looking forward to playing around more after work.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    https://gfycat.com/ScientificThickAmericanalligator

Hook mines are endlessly entertaining.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Hah, oh man it was so worth figuring out the combo for the vault in mission 3.
    There's a script in there for a stage production of not-Corvo/Outsider smut. The Overseers banned it for heresy.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I have just begun this game and by gods, does it remind me how good Dishonored as a game feels. I too am Bat-Emily and will murder EVERYONE as Corvo.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.