Options

It's the [Wrestling] Thread, Bay Bay!

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    What would be the appropriate post for my comeback here in January, probably the Monday before the Rumble?

Trying to think of something clever.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Shock everyone by being a surprise entrant into the Rumble. Or...wait and see what is going on in January and comment about that?

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Ken O wrote: »
    Shock everyone by being a surprise entrant into the Rumble. Or...wait and see what is going on in January and comment about that?

I'll be asking all of you to give me the cliff notes version of the happenings I missed.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    What would be the appropriate post for my comeback here in January, probably the Monday before the Rumble?

Trying to think of something clever.

Bust through a wall with a glitter painted storm trooper helmet on.

• Options
    Okay I've been looking at responses to Bobby Heenan's passing and this made me smile:

• Options
    I'm not expecting anything major to happen unless WWE does something big for Survivor Series.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited September 2017

The fact that Heenan was friends with Hogan in real life just shows how good Bobby was in his role.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I know kayfabe is mostly dead, but I find it pretty funny that a week after Progress Wrestling's biggest show of all time at the Ally Pally,
    I saw on Twitter that Mark Haskins and Jimmy Havoc are rooming together, and Eddie Dennis and Mark Andrews are still teaming with one another in a different promotion. Granted, it was billed as the last FSU match ever, but still. Two guys have a literal blood feud/death match with one another a week ago,
    and now they're roomies, and Dennis turns on Andrews but they still have to team together for the payday

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    So I just had the sad thought that of everyone involved in my favorite match, Bret hart versus Curt Hennig Summerslam 1991, only two of the people involved in the event are still alive; Bret Hart and the referee Earl Hebner. All of the commentators are dead, Bret's parents are dead, Hennig passed, and even Coach has passed. It's an odd realization.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I don't know. It isn't too odd to me.

26 years in wrestling is like...50 years in regular person time.

It's a sad thing, but I'm used to it at this point in my wrestling fandom.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

The fact that Heenan was friends with Hogan in real life just shows how good Bobby was in his role.

I was just thinking of how one of my favorite Heenan memories is of when he turned out to be right about Hogan all along.

I hope WWE does something grand for him. I don't just mean the usual card at the top of Raw, but I want a full-blown special showing his best work. It's all over the network, sure, but to condense all the best stuff into one place, that's what I'd like to see.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options

I was just thinking of how one of my favorite Heenan memories is of when he turned out to be right about Hogan all along.

I hope WWE does something grand for him. I don't just mean the usual card at the top of Raw, but I want a full-blown special showing his best work. It's all over the network, sure, but to condense all the best stuff into one place, that's what I'd like to see.

They have the documentary they made about him up on the network.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Yesterday

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/wcw-wwe-branding-events/#.Wb6853VE7IW

Today

http://www.wwe.com/wwe-starrcade

Emphasis on live event branding, sounds like they just want to sell more tickets to house shows (crowd pics have been dire last few months) and clearly their own name isn't enough anymore

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    It's getting to be that time of year where I think about wrestling themed Halloween costumes, because I might need to order some clothes/props now to make sure they get here before Oct 31st.

edit: In this situation, I'll have to research temporary grey hair coloring options.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    That Starrcade event seems to just be a beefed up house show. Maybe it airs on the Network?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Aw damn, Heenan

I was JUST looking at stuff on him two nights ago, because I was wondering how good the books he put out were, and saw some recent-ish pictures of him

This sucks, Heenan was amazing

• Options
    If WWE is really desperate about getting big matches for Mania next year

Wonder if they let Bryan wrestle at it

I'd trust his "safe" style much better in that environment, as I believe his opponent (Miz probably) would ground him properly.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

I'd trust his "safe" style much better in that environment, as I believe his opponent (Miz probably) would ground him properly.
    No, they wouldn't.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

No, they wouldn't.

You sure? Would their concussion lawsuit override a poorly attended Mania?

• Options
    Game looks pretty fine to me

Better than the last one for sure

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Yesterday

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/wcw-wwe-branding-events/#.Wb6853VE7IW

Today

http://www.wwe.com/wwe-starrcade

Emphasis on live event branding, sounds like they just want to sell more tickets to house shows (crowd pics have been dire last few months) and clearly their own name isn't enough anymore

Can't wait to see Ricky Seamboat!

• Options

No, they wouldn't.

Dude.

I know you love throwing out like 6 hypothetical scenarios a day but no

They are not going to let the man that FAMOUSLY retired a year ago because he was told by WWE's doctor's that if he wrestled again he would likely die because his brain is torn wrestle at their biggest, most high profile event of the year at a time when concussion and CTE awareness if higher than ever.

That is absolutely insane

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017

No, they wouldn't.

Dude.

They are not going to let the man that FAMOUSLY retired a year ago because he was told by WWE's doctor's that if he wrestled again he would likely die because his brain is torn wrestle at their biggest, most high profile event of the year at a time when concussion and CTE awareness if higher than ever.

If Bryan is serious about wrestling again no matter what, and Brie has OK'ed it

Wouldn't it be better to do it in a place where he'd be forced not to go crazy on bumps?

Unless WWE just throws more money his way to stay retired but he's clearly stated that doesn't matter to him

wirehead26 on
  • Options

No, they wouldn't.

Dude.

If Bryan is serious about wrestling again no matter what, and Brie has OK'ed it

Wouldn't it be better to do it in a place where he'd be forced not to go crazy on bumps?

Unless WWE just throws more money his way to stay retired but he's clearly stated that doesn't matter to him
    These have nothing to do with each other?

If Bryan decides to go wrestle when his contract is up then that is his own stupid ass decision and the blame is on him and whatever promotion hires him.

WWE letting him wrestle again wouldn't change that.

Also you're like 5 different hypotheticals deep here dude. " If WWE is really desperate and IF they make sure he can be super safe and IF he has a safe opponent etc."

It isn't a discussion that really needs to happen because A) talking about Bryan wrestling again is honestly kind of ghoulish because his brain is torn and he had seizures because of his injuries and B) there has been absolutely no new information to change the pretty established fact that WWE will never let that man wrestle again because it would be insanely dangerous for both him and their business.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I don't want to see Bryan wrestle again

But sadly it's becoming more and more clear it's going to happen

• Options
    They wouldn't let Brie and Bryan post some Instagram video of her practicing in the ring because Bryan was the one taking the bump.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    sounds like they just want to sell more tickets to house shows (crowd pics have been dire last few months) and clearly their own name isn't enough anymore

• Options
    Bound for Glory 2017 taking place November 5th in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Official poster only has the iMPACT! brand, press release has no mention of GFW

• Options
    If they do book Goldust for that event he should work with the RnR Express.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    They wouldn't let Brie and Bryan post some Instagram video of her practicing in the ring because Bryan was the one taking the bump.

To be fair, I 100% believe DB knew EXACTLY what he was doing so I feel it's less the WWE going,"Oh no we're so scared for your health!" and more "Goddammit Brian don't be a dick really?".

Transporter on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Wirehead posts are like clickbait article headlines except as far as I'm aware he receives no compensation for the views he gets

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    exist wrote: »
    Wirehead posts are like clickbait article headlines except as far as I'm aware he receives no compensation for the views he gets

As far as you know

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I heard from my uncle who works at WWE that Shawn Michaels is wrestling Daniel Bryan in a 90 minute iron man match.

• Options
    Not gonna lie, still disappointed we didn't get Shawn vs AJ at Mania 33.

Good on Shawn for staying retired though.

• Options
    Remember when he came back just to kick Daniel Bryan in the face, and then did a chicken commercial?

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.