As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We talk TV. You talk some [TV]?

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    2010s LXG

tony stark
    saul goodman
    rick sanchez
    raylan givens
    bojack horseman
    dave strider

edit: also jack reacher

Bojack, Rick, and Tony would just spend the whole time drunk. I mean, Rick would still kill all the bad guys while blacked out, but they would be a bad influence on each other.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    man that seems like the most insufferable group of people imaginable

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Shouldn't Tony Stark be on the 00's team, since his movie came out in 2008? I assume thats the version you were considering

2000s LXG

Tony Stark
    The Tick
    Zoë Washburn (Firefly)
    Michael Westen

• Options
    honestly I don't understand what an lxg team is supposed to be since most of these lists just seem to be lists of things that might be in that decade

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Yeah this thread turned into a bad Cracked or Buzzfeed listicle overnight

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    Shouldn't Tony Stark be on the 00's team, since his movie came out in 2008? I assume thats the version you were considering

2000s LXG

Tony Stark
    The Tick
    Zoë Washburn (Firefly)
    Michael Westen

Tony Stark would be fair game for either decade. Plus more when you consider the comics.

Zoë Washburn doesn't work for this though, since Firefly definitely doesn't take place in the 2000s.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    man that seems like the most insufferable group of people imaginable

yeah I even like all of those things and I wouldn't want to watch all those people hang out

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    honestly I don't understand what an lxg team is supposed to be since most of these lists just seem to be lists of things that might be in that decade

i put a lot of thought into my lists!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    yo, Orville was not what i was expecting and im really digging it.

whats more, holy shit episode 3 turn out pretty heavy huh.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options

i put a lot of thought into my lists!!!

I said most!

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

The 90s has so much stuff it's hard to trim down. That said I try to stay away from OP main characters and use guys that might have fun interactions and actually live in the right era

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Not enough monsters on most of these lxg lists

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Not enough monsters on most of these lxg lists

I said Matilda, what more do you want

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Didn't realise this thread wrote ready player one

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Didn't realise this thread wrote ready player one

Ah fuck. The hospital is going to have to open a new burn ward.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I know there's only like two other people here who watch it

But holy shit Chris's PA on tonight's episode of The Chris Gethard Show has got to be the funniest thing this fucking season

I was dying

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I feel like every one of their assistants have much of the same stories to tell.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

But holy shit Chris's PA on tonight's episode of The Chris Gethard Show has got to be the funniest thing this fucking season

I was dying

"Also, you made me cry once that you don't know about. I'm not going to tell you what you did, I just want you to sit in it." Is very good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    My favorite part is Wanda Sykes and Shannon O'Neill just fucking losing it in the background

It wasn't my favorite episode of the season so far, but it had some amazing moments

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I'm catching up on Gotham with Netflix.

Oh my god the turn the show takes halfway through season 2. This show is the turbo-dumbest and I love it. It's easily the most comic book of any of the superhero shows since Batman '66.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    That is super interesting as a comedy bit. Like,those are all legit as small under the radar beefs. The humour mostly from them being aired in public and putting the power differential on display

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    MUSICIAN LXG

Kanye
    Lil' Yachty
    Whichever Gibb is still alive... Barry?
    John Travolta
    Ronnie James Dio' Corpse
    Charlie Parker

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    BARRY FREAKIN GIBB
    he'll put you in the ground

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

I was dying

"Also, you made me cry once that you don't know about. I'm not going to tell you what you did, I just want you to sit in it." Is very good

This is very funny and I see zero chance that it doesn't backfire on that guy in some way.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    This is a cease and desist letter sent to the owners of a pop-up Stranger Things themed bar:
    ztvahi2mszmi.jpg

That is probably the single best "hey you're using our corporate IP, dudes" notice I've ever seen. The 80s slang is whatever, letting them close out their run and leaving the door open for future pop ups with permission is incredibly cool of Netflix

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    MUSICIAN LXG

Kanye

Nope.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    MUSICIAN LXG

Kanye

Nope.

Yes

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Saw The Good Place was up on Netflix yesterday. I have now watched 8 episodes of The Good Place and it forking rules. Janet is the best! At this point I am wondering if
    it's going to turn out that no body is actually meant to be there. Plus surprise Adam Scott appearance, this show has everything.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I'm catching up on Gotham with Netflix.

Oh my god the turn the show takes halfway through season 2. This show is the turbo-dumbest and I love it. It's easily the most comic book of any of the superhero shows since Batman '66.

Continued thoughts: B D Wong is an absolute treasure and delight.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I was wondering when one of those Chicago pop ups would get slammed with a C&D. They've been doing a ton of them over the past couple of years, and they're frequently licensed property sort of thing.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    DC did a Stranger Things pop-up at Christmas and far as I know never heard word one from the lawyers

Edit: maybe they got permission, because they've also done Mario and Game of Thrones pop-ups and not gotten dinged for it

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    MUSICIAN LXG

Kanye

Nope.

As the villain

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The OG LXG had a rapist monster in it I'm pretty sure a musician LXG could handle a Kanye. I feel like people here don't get LXG.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    The OG LXG had a rapist monster in it I'm pretty sure a musician LXG could handle a Kanye. I feel like people here don't get LXG.

It's like the a team but British right

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I need a really boring cop show to watch. Preferably on Amazon Prime or Netflix, since I've got those at the moment. Something that's prime background material. Preferably with at least a couple of seasons. I'm sure there's got to be something more obscure than CSI or L&O to pick from.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I don't know if it's boring, but Bosch is on Amazon Prime.

sig.gif
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Is the complete Poirot still on Netflix?
    If you want very dull, there's always midsomer murders.

I'm still watching Trapped, it's not super boring but it's also not exactly a thrill a minute.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I need a really boring cop show to watch. Preferably on Amazon Prime or Netflix, since I've got those at the moment. Something that's prime background material. Preferably with at least a couple of seasons. I'm sure there's got to be something more obscure than CSI or L&O to pick from.

It isn't a cop show but something like Burn Notice or Leverage could be nice?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's a pity netflix doesn't pick up Aussie police trash, Blue Heelers has 12 seasons of fencing disputes and boat explosions you could work through.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I've been watching Neo Yokio on Netflix.

It is unbelievably stupid. But it does it while firing on all cylinders. Which is the right kind of stupid, and I love it so far.

Also, I could go for a giant Toblerone.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

This discussion has been closed.